Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Germ posted:

drat. Color me impressed.

Pretty sure they'll do a Mechanicum one in the same style once they've finished adding a few more branches of Mechanicum and the Dark Mechanicum, should have Titan Legions, Knights and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

PierreTheMime posted:

Gray models is pretty shameful though.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Crosspostin' again.
Grey models are generally shameful, but these tanks aren't! Great armored battle group you've got there.

Also, the 40k Armageddon dadgame is shaping up:
http://www.slitherine.com/games/warhammer_PC

I grew up watching my dad play tons of games just like this so I'm pretty excited for it.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Thanks a ton, AbusePuppy! I didn't realize the Ethereal could get its effect from inside a transport! That's really useful!

Hmmm. Shame I can only take one in a single chart and still get a battlesuit Commander. Would love to have one for both the transported infantry and my Riptide or two. Probably not worth it to take a second chart just for that!

Is the Markerlight+Target Lock upgrade for a Fire Warrior leader worth the points cost? I could see it being potentially more valuable than just another rifle, but I'm not certain. How about that same thing on the stealth suit leader? IIRC he can take it, but I don't have the book on me.

It's a real shame Markerlights are Heavy weapons, otherwise a Commander with a drone controller could do a great job with 'em. Thinking of putting marker drones on Broadsides, since they'd probably be standing still anyway and the light has a nice long range. Pathfinders are an option too, of course!

And since I'm being all questiony, how good are Seeker Missiles? Worth sticking one on a Broadside or tank or whatever if I have spare points?

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 17, 2014

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

SRM posted:

Grey models are generally shameful, but these tanks aren't! Great armored battle group you've got there.

Thanks - It'll stay an ABG unless the Steel Legion gets new models, or until I can afford to do proper Armageddon troops from DKOK conversions. Painting those tanks is the most fun I've had painting in a while, and I learned so much about my airbrush.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Does anyone, by chance, have any pintle-mounted heavy stubber bits they're not using? I'm short a few sets.

dem rivets

And I have at least two on sprue (and probably like 10+ on sprues that I don't want to dig though). PM me.

Esser-Z posted:

Ethereals

I really dig Ethereals with firewarriors. Super cheap, helps hold that gun line, and gives them more bullets to wreck face with and sometimes stubborn if you need to tie up something with bodies.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Esser-Z posted:

Is the Markerlight+Target Lock upgrade for a Fire Warrior leader worth the points cost? I could see it being potentially more valuable than just another rifle, but I'm not certain. How about that same thing on the stealth suit leader? IIRC he can take it, but I don't have the book on me.

It's a real shame Markerlights are Heavy weapons, otherwise a Commander with a drone controller could do a great job with 'em. Thinking of putting marker drones on Broadsides, since they'd probably be standing still anyway and the light has a nice long range. Pathfinders are an option too, of course!

And since I'm being all questiony, how good are Seeker Missiles? Worth sticking one on a Broadside or tank or whatever if I have spare points?

The Marker upgrade for Fire Warriors has two big strikes against it- you can only get it if you buy the sergeant upgrade (who is pretty lackluster on his own), and it doesn't mesh well with what the rest of the unit is doing (i.e. moving and shooting.) I don't think there's ever a good reason to take one except maybe maybe for a squad that a Cadre Fireblade would be joining, and even then I would be iffy on it. It's a lot better on the Stealth team leader for a bunch of reasons- as Jet Pack Infantry he can move and shoot it, AND it is cheaper, AND he can fire two guns at once and thus doesn't need to give up his normal shooting for it. It's not a must-take upgrade for Stealths, but it can be quite useful.

Remember, as I mentioned there, that Jet Packs are always Relentless, so Markerlight Drones can move and fire to full effect (as can stuff like the FW Crisis variant that has a Markerlight, etc.) Marker Drones are really great when they have a Drone Controller making them more accurate, but without it they're pretty garbage.

Seeker Missiles are okay on some things, weak on others. Broadsides are not a great platform for them, since they have two guns to fire already- Piranhas, which can easily get into the rear arc of enemy vehicles, are a much better choice. Anything with BS4 can be an okay choice for them, but on BS3 tanks I wouldn't bother.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Aha! I did forget about Relentless! That helps out a lot! Thanks yet again! I think that's all for now. Really appreciate the advice.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Here's some new hammy stuff:

Kind of a bummer that the new urban Realm of Battle table only has two different tile designs, but they look reasonably neat. Just very, very busy. I like the look of the Forgeworld ones better as they're more understated, but they're hella expensive. A whole board will cost you over $700, and this plastic board is only $330 in comparison.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

SRM posted:

Kind of a bummer that the new urban Realm of Battle table only has two different tile designs, but they look reasonably neat. Just very, very busy. I like the look of the Forgeworld ones better as they're more understated, but they're hella expensive. A whole board will cost you over $700, and this plastic board is only $330 in comparison.

There's always the Secret Weapon Tablescapes Clean and Damaged Urban Streets (about $190 rrp) and Games & Gears Battle Boards 28mm Urban Battlefield (about $90 RRP) if you're looking for something less busy or cheaper, and with 8 clean and 8 damaged 1'x1' and 6 2'x2' unique tile designs respectively. They're both due for retail within a month, maybe two months tops?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 17, 2014

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
I'll believe it when my boards show up. Been anxiously awaiting my kickstarter goodies from Mr. Justin.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I didn't back the Secret Weapon one, little too rich for my blood at the time. The G&G ones are definitely for the budget conscious gamer and the detail reflects that in comparison. They were delayed when the floods in the region partially wiped out the Chinese factory they had contracted, which destroyed the pretty transport boxes and damaged a lot of the boards, but I'm looking forward to getting mine soon.

AurumDude
Jul 13, 2014
Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell
I absolutely love Secret Weapon minis. MrJustin is a great guy, and his customer service is excellent. Some of his bases are a bit wonky, but I'm still a fan of them.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Looking at Commander Dante, he boasts a higher Initiative than other Chapter Masters, but he's rocking an Unwieldy melee weapon. Is it just high for the purposes of taking Initiative tests?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Looking at Commander Dante, he boasts a higher Initiative than other Chapter Masters, but he's rocking an Unwieldy melee weapon. Is it just high for the purposes of taking Initiative tests?

Dante's stats predate power axes becoming unwieldy. He struck at full I in 5E.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
Kharn had the same issue before CSM got their 6E update, so it's probably fair to assume that he will be fixed.

Someday.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

NTRabbit posted:

There's always the Secret Weapon Tablescapes Clean and Damaged Urban Streets (about $190 rrp) and Games & Gears Battle Boards 28mm Urban Battlefield (about $90 RRP) if you're looking for something less busy or cheaper, and with 8 clean and 8 damaged 1'x1' and 6 2'x2' unique tile designs respectively. They're both due for retail within a month, maybe two months tops?
I have faith that Secret Weapon will deliver those, it's just a matter of when. That was a lot of stuff to put out and it's taking a long rear end time. I'm wary of Kickstarters in general because there seems to be a lot of that going on.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Hey guys, I'm selling a bunch of Space Marine stuff over yonder at SA Mart. There's some old Space Hulk stuff in there, some bikes, dreadnoughts, space marine bodies, an old Emperor's Champion, and a Mantic Raptor!

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

PeterWeller posted:

Dante's stats predate power axes becoming unwieldy. He struck at full I in 5E.

Oh. Well, that's a shame. Initiative 1 is a very bad neighborhood for anyone without Eternal Warrior.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
drat, if that basing kit is a start of a line and it's not ridiculously expensive I might pick up a variety.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

drat, if that basing kit is a start of a line and it's not ridiculously expensive I might pick up a variety.

26 pounds for 20 regular bases and 5 termi bases.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

SRM posted:

Also, the 40k Armageddon dadgame is shaping up:
http://www.slitherine.com/games/warhammer_PC

I grew up watching my dad play tons of games just like this so I'm pretty excited for it.

Isn't that the company that made the battle program in Deadliest Warrior?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

PantsOptional posted:

26 pounds for 20 regular bases and 5 termi bases.

:stare: Pretty sure that's straight up more expensive than Secret Weapon resin bases, which are $10 for either 10 25mm or 5 40mm (26 GBP is ~$44 per Google).

It does have the exact Imperial iconography to match the battle board though if that's your thing.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Just buy a nice decent bottle of wine, drink it and use the cork for like 20 bases you idiots.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
But can you instead drink 20 bottles of wine and make a kickin rad super base?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Exinos posted:

lmao if you do anything with warhams without getting smashed as all hell

EDIT: poo poo, this isn't the GBS thread, is it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Dirty Job posted:

Isn't that the company that made the battle program in Deadliest Warrior?
Slitherine? Maybe. It's looking like an updated version of their Panzer Corps game, which is basically the evolution of the old Panzer General hex-based dadgames.

Moola posted:

Just buy a nice decent bottle of wine, drink it and use the cork for like 20 bases you idiots.
Unfortunately box/bag wine makes for a far inferior basing material. Corks all the way though, I use them for rocks on my Valhallans all the time:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SRM posted:

bag wine

Excuse me?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Exinos posted:

This guy knows whats up!

ANAmal.net posted:

lmao if you do anything with warhams without getting smashed as all hell

EDIT: poo poo, this isn't the GBS thread, is it.

lol

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

ijyt posted:

Excuse me?

There is a bag in the box, or possibly he meant tertapack "bottles".

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
So, pics from my last game:

The battle of painted models against shameful grey plastic.

More shots of my Boyz and his Eldar:

Shameful:

Look at this cool model:

Yet it has no paint. Some people have no shame.

I lined up to make a failed charge:

The remaining Boyz taking down an avatar. Always underestimated.

Even though I lost handily, I claim the moral victory.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
A shamefur dispray!

high six
Feb 6, 2010
All these cool pictures inspire me to paint. I'm not nearly as good as you guys and I have a lovely camera phone, but have some lovely camera phone pictures!

Guardians of the Covenant (Dark Angels Successor) Terminator Captain.
Catachan sergeant from my Franco-Prussian war inspired Imperial Guardsmen
Thunderfire Cannon
Leman Russ Punisher
Leman Russ Punisher 2. The front part of the chaingun bit vanished, so I had to chop off the front of a regular Leman Russ gun instead.
Cadian sergeant
Company Master and Company Champion
Tactical Squad part 1
Tactical Squad part 2

Just need to spend an afternoon going through and basing all of them, I guess.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Yeah, seeing the grey army against a painted one really is inspiring me to try to get some color on my armies. That's just embarrassing. I would see if could convince my opponent for pushing back the start of the game by 15 minutes to at least rush prime a few grunts.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

high six posted:

All these cool pictures inspire me to paint. I'm not nearly as good as you guys and I have a lovely camera phone, but have some lovely camera phone pictures!
You may have a lovely camera, but don't get down on your painting! I'd be happy to see your stuff on the tabletop. It looks solid.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Please post pictures more guys this is awesome!

Pictures of your armies (even if they ain't pro painted) is way better than pages of list chat.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

waah posted:

That's just embarrassing.

I'm going to put this on a T-shirt and wear it to my next game with him. TBF he does have 5 painted guardians and a bike. He has never got stuck in and doesn't want to ruin models with bad paint jobs.

I need to do an intervention.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Moola posted:

Seriously, don't spend real dollars on craft cork that costs many many times more than the materials cost.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Moola posted:

Please post pictures more guys this is awesome!

Pictures of your armies (even if they ain't pro painted) is way better than pages of list chat.

Have some Craftworld Yme-Loc Eldar with an ice world base theme, my entire painted army to date

Daft Punk heavy weapon platform team

Wave Serpent #1

Guardians

War Walkers and the best bases I've done so far

Vypers modded to have underslung shuriken cannons because they didn't come with the body fitting ones

Rangers in glacier camo

Far Seer

Illic Nightspear lending a hand

Wave Serpent #2

Striking Scorpions in grey on grey on grey 'shadow' camo with orange eyes

Not gotten around to black light shots of the most recent ones yet

In action, their first ever battle

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 17, 2014

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

NTRabbit posted:

Have some Craftworld Yme-Loc Eldar, my entire painted army to date

These are all awesome, I love the UV paintjobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cyberia posted:

These are all awesome, I love the UV paintjobs.

Thanks :buddy: Yme-Loc is orange and grey, so I decided to go eye searing day-glo orange and dark grey, then was looking on ebay and decided glow in the dark orange was even more eye searing so the glow in the dark army was born!

• Locked thread