Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

quantum break is the new remedy game and it depended on a big FMV production

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

qirex posted:

lmao

gregday
May 23, 2003

oh hey mini msft is posting again

the shine is starting to wear off of satya as people realize Microsoft's problems are systemic

ballmer was/is a big dumb turd but by no means the beginning or end of what is wrong with the company

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

theadder posted:

someone pick out the good bits from the ms emails

"digital life category in a mobile-first world"

literally LOL'ed loud enough for people outside my window to hear

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

eric posted:

Is their resume up to date or do they think they're unique snowflakes that can't be replaced?

polished and ready. they've survived so far today though.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

PokeJoe posted:

polished and ready. they've survived so far today though.

its only 2pm in seattle :getin:

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

qirex posted:

I have stated this before, but for Xbox to be successful, we must remain committed to being a consumer-driven organization with the mission of meeting the high expectations of a passionate fan base, to create the best games and to drive technical innovation.

how does "designing xbone as an advertisement machine first and foremost" fit in with "being consumer-driven"

that still registers as a contradiction to me but then again i dont have a MBA

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Lysidas posted:

how does "designing xbone as an advertisement machine first and foremost" fit in with "being consumer-driven"

that still registers as a contradiction to me but then again i dont have a MBA

p sure the current xbox management team is just cleaning up after the mess that mattrick, etc. left them

the hardware specs and software direction were probably 95% fixed 3 years ago

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
im gonna have to interview so many schlubs :sigh:

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

out of the frying pan and into the fire

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”
Apple is putting the rubber boots to Finland

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

qirex posted:

and it is cancelled or something? I do not understand

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:

poty posted:

can you imagine having to read sth like this to find out if youre being fired

as someone who was let go today, i can tell you it wasn't an email but a super long video we had to watch where he pretended to talk to some people even though it was clear no one was in the room with him.
also they sent everyone individually an email after saying if you were fired or not

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

DonJNavarro posted:

as someone who was let go today, i can tell you it wasn't an email but a super long video we had to watch where he pretended to talk to some people even though it was clear no one was in the room with him.
also they sent everyone individually an email after saying if you were fired or not

Sorry dude-a-rino :(

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

DonJNavarro posted:

Sorry to hear bud. Also, what an awful way to learn you're fired. Whatever happened to meeting one on one with your supervisor?

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

raruler posted:

and it is cancelled or something? I do not understand

Xbox Entertainment Studios was the bit that was doing original TV productions

it's getting shut down, as of today, though specific projects are expected to be completed

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DonJNavarro posted:

:sympathy:

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000

trilljester posted:

Sorry to hear bud. Also, what an awful way to learn you're fired. Whatever happened to meeting one on one with your supervisor?

he was fired too.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

There's a few msft yosposers. Wonder how the rest are doing

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

DonJNavarro posted:

that sucks dude, sorry to hear it

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Still here, Cloud and Enterprise seems to have been mostly shielded from the blast.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Talorat posted:

Still here, Cloud and Enterprise seems to have been mostly shielded from the blast.

Seems that's where MSFT is focusing a lot of effort these days. Going after Amazon.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
some dbag financial analyst was on today saying that the MS layoffs were good bc it showed that microsoft "gets the new digital economy"

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

google is the new microsoft so dont apply there

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

but without the 30 years of milking their cows

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dimebag dinkman posted:

Xbox Entertainment Studios was the bit that was doing original TV productions

it's getting shut down, as of today, though specific projects are expected to be completed

Expected to, we hope to, etc. means shits dead.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
hello fired ms people, if you know firmware and consumer electronics come work with me tyvm

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000

yeah I was a former nokian at the san diego site. I thought they might keep us around because going to finland is awful and qualcomm is right here, but nope.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Hardware Engineer?

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000

service to application level software

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Rename thread to "employment.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" and sticky

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

Im still here, though I know at least one gal who wasn't from Nokia or Xbox that got canned.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
cremnob how does it feel to know that microsoft is doing great.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Rename thread to "employment.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" and sticky

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Nintendo Kid posted:

cremnob how does it feel to know that microsoft is doing great.

microsoft is rearranging the deck chairs

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

DonJNavarro posted:

that sucks but take it as an opportunity to find something better. since the whole team was shut down it really shouldn't detract at all from your work history. go out and have some beers tonight, then start getting resumes out. i bet by the time severance ends you'll have some good leads. good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

• Locked thread