Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pretty sure that's the really old school logo. I like it.

EDIT: Yup

X-O fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Wolverine in this month's Ms. Marvel was pretty mellow. Kinda funny as I binge-read through all of Wolverine: First Class yesterday. Art was great, too!

I wish someone other than McKelvie would do the cover art, though.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but Tom Taylor (Injustice, Earth 2) seems to have announced on Twitter a few hours ago that he'll be writing Superior Iron Man.

If thats the case this should be pretty interesting/borderline brutal for Tony and people around him. Incoming death of Pepper Potts or Happy Hogan I guess.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Jiro posted:

If thats the case this should be pretty interesting/borderline brutal for Tony and people around him. Incoming death of Pepper Potts or Happy Hogan I guess.

Happy Hogan died years ago :eng101:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jiro posted:

Tony already killed Happy

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

Happy Hogan died years ago :eng101:

Oh yeah I forgot about that. So its probably gonna be Pepper then, who will then get mind transferred into Red Tornado! :v:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

irlZaphod posted:

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but Tom Taylor (Injustice, Earth 2) seems to have announced on Twitter a few hours ago that he'll be writing Superior Iron Man.

The announcement article I posted with the creative team may have given it away :colbert:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

It still could have been updated a bit--like how the janky diagonals of the right side of C don't line up with the left diagonal of the A (talking about the new logo, here)...it looks sloppy, even if it is supposed to be "nostalgic". Even the letterforms in the old logo were better married.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 17, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Have they announced a new Doctor Strange book with James Stokoe on art yet? That's all I care about.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Tony already killed Happy

That run on Iron Man was mostly forgettable but those Civil War tie ins did a lot to NOT make Tony Stark the Snidely Whiplash of Super Heroes and the death of Happy was loving brutal.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

That run on Iron Man was mostly forgettable but those Civil War tie ins did a lot to NOT make Tony Stark the Snidely Whiplash of Super Heroes and the death of Happy was loving brutal.

Just like their amazing show Carnivale. The brutal part not the forgettable part. I also found it to be one of the better Iron Man run.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Have they announced a new Doctor Strange book with James Stokoe on art yet? That's all I care about.

No way man, just make him do more Orc Stain.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Just like their amazing show Carnivale. The brutal part not the forgettable part. I also found it to be one of the better Iron Man run.

I still really enjoy Fraction's Iron Man up to the end of Dark Reign and Re-Assembled or whatever the story after that arc was done. I think it fell a bit off the wheels the rest of the run because I guess EVERYONE has to write a Mandarin story and I honestly couldn't care less about the Mandarin but whatever. I think having Tony, Pepper, and Maria Hill down on their luck really was Fraction at some of his best and shows what he can do to make characters evolve. He's probably written the best Maria Hill bar none.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

The Knauf bros run? I really, really liked that one. They should recollect it but I think it was kind of a sleeper.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Not thrilled with Iron Man's new look or premise but I like them moving more heroes out of New York, even if SF is already Hero Central #2 in the MU. (Is the Punisher in SF or LA? I haven't been reading it.) I was hoping they'd take this in the direction of an "Iron Men" series where Tony, Arno, and Rhodey all have roles, culminating in a situation where even Pepper has to put on the armor once again to Save The Day.

I haven't cared too much about Captain America since Dimension Z wrapped up, but this is the status quo that I hope sticks around. Someone somewhere really hates that Marvel's two Red, White, and Blue America gently caress Yeah characters are both... negroes! And that makes me smile. So I hope Captain Falcon's run is worth supporting.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Diet Poison posted:

Not thrilled with Iron Man's new look or premise but I like them moving more heroes out of New York, even if SF is already Hero Central #2 in the MU. (Is the Punisher in SF or LA? I haven't been reading it.) I was hoping they'd take this in the direction of an "Iron Men" series where Tony, Arno, and Rhodey all have roles, culminating in a situation where even Pepper has to put on the armor once again to Save The Day.

I haven't cared too much about Captain America since Dimension Z wrapped up, but this is the status quo that I hope sticks around. Someone somewhere really hates that Marvel's two Red, White, and Blue America gently caress Yeah characters are both... negroes! And that makes me smile. So I hope Captain Falcon's run is worth supporting.

Who's the second Red White and Blue America gently caress Yeah character?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Diet Poison posted:

I like them moving more heroes out of New York, even if SF is already Hero Central #2 in the MU.

I was really excited when they moved Moon Knight to Los Angeles but that's one of his worst runs ever and has probably permanently exiled the character from that city. What a shame. Moon Knight fits Los Angeles.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Tom Taylor is a guy who is currently writing two very good books where the plot is "Batman is an rear end in a top hat, but Superman's an even bigger rear end in a top hat!" so I'm jazzed he's going to be writing a book with the plot of "Tony Stark has always been an rear end in a top hat, but now he's an even bigger rear end in a top hat!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gavok posted:

Tom Taylor is a guy who is currently writing two very good books where the plot is "Batman is an rear end in a top hat, but Superman's an even bigger rear end in a top hat!" so I'm jazzed he's going to be writing a book with the plot of "Tony Stark has always been an rear end in a top hat, but now he's an even bigger rear end in a top hat!"

There is also a black guy who represents all that is good in us.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Skwirl posted:

Who's the second Red White and Blue America gently caress Yeah character?

Iron Patriot.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Diet Poison posted:

Iron Patriot.
God bless Norman Osbourne.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Deadpool posted:

It's not the same. The way they staggered the CAPTAIN to the left over the AMERICA, and split the flag between both words makes it feel really top heavy. Plus, the type is shorter and bolder.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah it looks somewhat different than the older one, and I just don't think it "fits" Immonen's art (it might be the colouring on it) very well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

Ok I hate the logo

That's kind of a mess of a costume.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I kinda like it, although maybe it would be better without the stripes around the waist and the kneepads. Maybe the kneepads are functional since he's not a Super Soldier or whatever, though.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I hope another hero and not Steve Rogers takes up the mantle of Cap after Falcon so they just have to keep stacking costumes on top of each other.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Preemptively betting on Jim Hammond.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Waterhaul posted:

I hope another hero and not Steve Rogers takes up the mantle of Cap after Falcon so they just have to keep stacking costumes on top of each other.

When Captain America shouts, "Imperius Rex!"
All the women in the area want his sex
If the duel's in the water
He'll go with the flow
In the red and the white and the blue speedo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

All the women in the area want his sex
If the duel's in the water
He'll go with the flow
In the red and the white and the blue speedo

The A on his head stands for Atlantis.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think it's pretty cool and for this being a "phase", not really I mean Superior ran for 31 issues, then you have Winter Soldier as Captain America. Etc.. etc..

Marvel does bring people back but generally they're not flash in the pan quick change overs .

The only reason I question Falcon is that , uh I didn't think he was nearly as strong as Cap at all so what's he going to do with the Shield?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hollismason posted:

I think it's pretty cool and for this being a "phase", not really I mean Superior ran for 31 issues, then you have Winter Soldier as Captain America. Etc.. etc..

Marvel does bring people back but generally they're not flash in the pan quick change overs .

The only reason I question Falcon is that , uh I didn't think he was nearly as strong as Cap at all so what's he going to do with the Shield?

That's actually a good point, Bucky had a robot arm at least.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

He could use the shield as a shield instead of a weapon.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Unmature posted:

gently caress everything about this.

I mean if people like it that's their thing but I find Kamala's whole "I'm a tumblr post in human form MEMES FANFICS SQUEE SQUEE SQUEE" shtick really goddamn annoying.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Suben posted:

I mean if people like it that's their thing but I find Kamala's whole "I'm a tumblr post in human form MEMES FANFICS SQUEE SQUEE SQUEE" shtick really goddamn annoying.

Suben doesn't like a comic book stop the loving presses

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

muscles like this? posted:

That's kind of a mess of a costume.

I dig it, personally, I like that they didn't have him totally put being Falcon aside. There's some elements I'd change but all in all I think it's neat.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Archyduke posted:

As far as I know his JiM run is almost universally beloved, and his X-Men run, while sort of brief, had a lot of fun bits, was pretty well-regarded, and sort of did a lot of important gap-filling and character work in the midst of AvX. Also his Young Avengers has a great big following, I don't think he needs to worry about his legacy at Marvel.

It was kind of a joke. I liked his X-Men run and his JiM run, however I do feel like if you were to go read a history of those comics both of those runs are things that will fall between the cracks of larger runs and only be remembered by hardcore fans, same as his YA run. Arno Stark is something that could become a more legacy character assuming that he's not killed or forgotten by the end of the run.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

He could use the shield as a shield instead of a weapon.

HERESY.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Suben posted:

It's not like it's the only thing she does.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Suben posted:

shes like fifteen or something. teenagers are loving insufferable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It really is amazing how the most accurately written teen in big two comics is considered annoying and terrible by comic nerds. I love it.

• Locked thread