Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Hauki posted:

What are the better ones? I've started seeing them around Denver, but they're like $11 for a 12 oz or whatever, so I haven't jumped on any. Gave their gose a shot, but I've liked others more.

Big fan of Valley of the Heart's Delight, Brandy Barrel Peche, and Farmer's Reserve Blackberry. Have heard lots of positive about Dogpatch Strawberry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Hauki posted:

What are the better ones? I've started seeing them around Denver, but they're like $11 for a 12 oz or whatever, so I haven't jumped on any. Gave their gose a shot, but I've liked others more.

They are all worth trying to be honest, with the exception of the Sourdough Wild Ale. If you only want to grab a couple, the Citrus was just released and is great, and the previously mentioned Valley of the Heart's Delight.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Just had a great trade with MrCowCow, got some kick rear end Colorado beers! Thanks! I'm definitely reusing the packaging for my next trade.

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer

americanzero4128 posted:

Just had a great trade with MrCowCow, got some kick rear end Colorado beers! Thanks! I'm definitely reusing the packaging for my next trade.

Great trade! Americanzero threw in some awesome extras from New Glarus (Berliner and Dancing Man) and Three Floyds (Alpha King and Pride & Joy). Thanks again for those.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Jerome Louis posted:

Now I got two 64 oz. growlers of Gandhi bot if anyone is interested. Looking for them good sours.

Thanks for the hookup by the way. I'm mainly looking for growlitos of that or FBD if you ever see 'em, but I'm good for now as far as beer. too much poo poo to drink

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

If any of you guys who I have traded with are on TalkBeer and want to exchange ratings, I finally joined that site for realz. PM me.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
i would like some New Glarus Oud Bruin. hit me up with some beers/styles that you like and i'll make something happen!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

e.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 6, 2014

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Still ISO Hommage b2.

Down for 1:1 for V013 but no bites on that, and I'm ok sending any TX distro including some Jester King limited releases... hit me up, we can talk it over.
Nocturn Chrysalis b2
Atrial Rubicite b4
Provenance (orange/grapefruit, lemon/lime, or the 3rd one whenever that's out)
Biere De Miel
Aurelian Lure b2 when that's out

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Anyone looking for Grey Monday?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

ISO Drake's Aroma Coma

Someone just posted in the beer thread about this which is good because I completely forgot about it. If you can get it for me I'll send you some Yuengling for your troubles.

Seriously though PM me and let's work out a deal. I got all dem hot southeastern PA whales.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
FT: fresh heady, the crusher, focal banger, also have 2l growlers of HF Everett, Abner, and maybe Edward (although I might keep that for myself)

Looking for good sours, lambics, gueuze, krieks, etc; cantillon, RR and all that. Basically stuff I can put in my cellar and drink later, all this fresh stuff hanging around scares me

air-
Sep 24, 2007

air- posted:

Still ISO Hommage b2.

Down for 1:1 for V013 but no bites on that, and I'm ok sending any TX distro including some Jester King limited releases... hit me up, we can talk it over.
Nocturn Chrysalis b2
Atrial Rubicite b4
Provenance (orange/grapefruit, lemon/lime, or the 3rd one whenever that's out)
Biere De Miel
Aurelian Lure b2 when that's out

I am adding Detritivore on my FT.

Also I wouldn't mind receiving sours I can't get in TX which covers a lot of ground, but especially SARA, de Garde and possibly SP... there's a lot out there I want to try and might not know about, could also be swayed with Loons, let's talk.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Edit : wrong thread

Vertigo fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jul 17, 2014

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Let the liquor do the thinkin'
Well I only realized today that apparently Stone Wootstout 2.0 is only being released in CA and KY. That sucks a big one. Anyone able to trade me a couple? I'm in DC/MD/VA distribution.

Trouzorz
Feb 24, 2009
ISO Pikeland Pils, Jester King (shelf/nocturn). Ft: Chicago shelf, REV Straight jacket,REV Bean gene, FW Parabola 2011, FW XV.
PM if any of this sounds good.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

nosleep posted:

Well I only realized today that apparently Stone Wootstout 2.0 is only being released in CA and KY. That sucks a big one. Anyone able to trade me a couple? I'm in DC/MD/VA distribution.

Wait, what? That's awful. :( ISO! If anyone gets their hands on an extra, let me know - my buddies here want one too, so we can pool resources to make it worth your while. (NJ/PA/CT distribution)

Podima fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 18, 2014

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Are any of you guys near Sante Adairius in Capitola, CA?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

a worthy uhh posted:

Been wishing for that too. SARA/Rare Barrel are both relatively unknown for me.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

a worthy uhh posted:

Heh, just saw the bottle release info myself. Good luck, I See a Tartness sounds pretty great.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

dphi posted:

Heh, just saw the bottle release info myself. Good luck, I See a Tartness sounds pretty great.

That's what I'm after. Tired Hands and SARA collaborated on I See a Darkness, a honey porter, and that was phenomenal. Looks like SARA barrel-aged it with vanilla.. ISO, hard.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I See A Darkness was phenomenal. If you can get to SARA it would be worth it.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

is anybody able to pick up from Alesmith? i'd gladly make it worth your while to get me some Vietnamese Speedway Stout, which is on sale now. the guy who had muled for me in the past isn't able to hook it up this time around...

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

funkybottoms posted:

is anybody able to pick up from Alesmith? i'd gladly make it worth your while to get me some Vietnamese Speedway Stout, which is on sale now. the guy who had muled for me in the past isn't able to hook it up this time around...

In all honesty I bought my four bottles mostly to trade them as the VN variant doesn't blow me away like it does some folks. I'd be glad to work something out with you.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I just want to say that goon Jerome Louis is an _awesome_ trading partner. Our trade was for a 4pk each of Heady Topper, Focal Banger, and The Crusher. He included cans of NEBCO 668 & Elm City, a bomber of a homebrew Hibiscus Brett beer, and a growler of OEC Elixis as extras.

And holy poo poo was that box bombproof.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

a worthy uhh posted:

I just want to say that goon Jerome Louis is an _awesome_ trading partner. Our trade was for a 4pk each of Heady Topper, Focal Banger, and The Crusher. He included cans of NEBCO 668 & Elm City, a bomber of a homebrew Hibiscus Brett beer, and a growler of OEC Elixis as extras.

And holy poo poo was that box bombproof.

Quoting for truth.

He cloned that box and sent the same thing to me. Awesome box. Awesome dude. A+ would trade with again.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Yep Jerome Louis owns. And holy poo poo, Catfish Noodlin is another excellent trading partner. Soap?!

Fluo
May 25, 2007

I've never really done a goon beer exchange apart from secret santa but I post beer once in awhile out and about and love to do some beer exchanges with goons sometime. But I was wondering if anyone in this thread who did it was in Europe? Because I've tried to send beer from UK to US in the past and it always gets stopped by customs so rather do it with a Euro Goon. :)

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Fluo, i believe we've got at least two European goons who post with some frequency- Loonytoad Quack in England and Klaus Kinski, whom i believe is in Sweden... or maybe Denmark. think we might've had a Belgian for a second, too, but that was a while back.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

Fluo, i believe we've got at least two European goons who post with some frequency- Loonytoad Quack in England and Klaus Kinski, whom i believe is in Sweden... or maybe Denmark. think we might've had a Belgian for a second, too, but that was a while back.

Awesome, I know Loonytoad Quack irl (we go for a beer once in awhile, great guy who knows if beers, normally give him some homebrews :D), Klaus Kinski though that'd be cool. Sometime in August etc. :)

By the way does many beer goons use untappd?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Fluo posted:

By the way does many beer goons use untappd?

check out the OP for the big beer thread.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

air- posted:

Yep Jerome Louis owns. And holy poo poo, Catfish Noodlin is another excellent trading partner. Soap?!

Requesting Funky Buddha stuff, stat!

Catfish, need/want anything from Virginia? I have a Hardywood Gingerbread Stout if you are interested.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

air- posted:

I'm glad it all finally arrived there in one piece with all the complications that occurred and the extras were to your liking. I visited the Cigar City Tap Room a couple months ago and picked up a couple of soaps in addition to other stuff because it was too ridiculous not to.

Munkaboo posted:

Requesting Funky Buddha stuff, stat!

Catfish, need/want anything from Virginia? I have a Hardywood Gingerbread Stout if you are interested.

Sent you a PM!

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Just completed a trade with Zam. Excellent dude to do business with!

PainBreak
Jun 9, 2001
I should really get into this whole trading thing. I'm in Kansas City, so if anyone's looking for things we get, give me a jingle.
I have Boulevard's Two Jokers and still have a Chocolate Ale if that's anyone's thing. Beyond that, I will keep an eye out for requests I know are distributed in MO and KS.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

PainBreak posted:

I should really get into this whole trading thing. I'm in Kansas City, so if anyone's looking for things we get, give me a jingle.
I have Boulevard's Two Jokers and still have a Chocolate Ale if that's anyone's thing. Beyond that, I will keep an eye out for requests I know are distributed in MO and KS.

Drive to St. Louis and bring mules to Side Project. Rinse, repeat = lots of people will love you.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Vertigo posted:

Just completed a trade with Zam. Excellent dude to do business with!

Completed an trade with Veritgo and everything went great!

PainBreak posted:

Yes! Drive to St. Louis for Side Project and we'll shower you with beer.

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish
Anyone have any experience shipping beer across the US/Canada border? How does that work?

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Hatful, I know you're more likely to read this than RB, so I'm posting here to ask you to talk to me on RB. I wanna swap for some more TH growlers! And maybe some other stuff! Message me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I'm looking for some Revolver Blood and Honey. Let's trade some shelf stuff.

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Hatful, I know you're more likely to read this than RB, so I'm posting here to ask you to talk to me on RB. I wanna swap for some more TH growlers! And maybe some other stuff! Message me.

Messaged you there.

• Locked thread