Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Groucho Marxist posted:

Is Jason Nash the first person to make a Sean Hayes joke with them? If so I can't believe it hasn't been done before.

I thought the same thing. It's so obvious in hindsight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

HH is hit or miss with me. It also depends on how in the mood for 2 dudes + a guest just bein super sarcastic for an hour. I like guests that make things a little sillier. The Matt Gourley ep was good.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Jason Nash playing all 10 characters in a heist movie was loving hysterical. MAMP MAMP MAMP MAMP MAMP MAMP MAMP MAMP MAMP MAMP! GET UP-AH!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I enjoy HH when I listen to it, but it's just too far down on the list for me to listen to regularly with my available time:

1) CBB
2) UYD
3) random trivia/history podcasts don't judge
4) I4H
5) HDTGM
6) Todd Glass (guest depending)
7) HH
8) DLM (top 3 if good guests)

And if the giant bombcast slips in before it then goodnight, because that fucker is 2+ hours.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

How many podcasts do y'all subscribe to? I counted 33 for me. In case you couldn't tell, I didn't have full-time employment for nearly two years. Luckily, my commute to-and-from work is over 2 hours total and I drive a lot for my job.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I have 33 too, weirdly. But I probably only really listen to 25, and several are once a month ones. I have a very long bus commute, and can listen to some at work if what I'm doing at the moment doesn't require real thought.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

well unlijke you guys, i dont have the time to listen to podcasts as a full time job, because i already have a full time job, which is masturbating to hentai. cheers.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Conduit for Sale! posted:

HH is hit or miss with me. It also depends on how in the mood for 2 dudes + a guest just bein super sarcastic for an hour. I like guests that make things a little sillier. The Matt Gourley ep was good.

Yeah, that was probably my favourite along with Shelby Fero. Hayes and Sean aren't really distinguishable in character and sound alike, and it's mostly just saying contrary things seriously while getting names wrong... Which I like, but needs some conflict IMO.

That was also a problem with some of the Andy Daly podcasts. When it was just him and Matt Goutley agreeing with each other, it didn't really work for me. That's why Comedy Bang Bang works so well; Scott Ackyman is constantly trying to pull things separate from the guest.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I dunno about all that, but Topics is kind of boring. Shunt Showalter for Tom Cavanagh and just give us more Mike and Tom Eat Snacks, Earwolf.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm subscribed to 26 but some of them rarely update and some of them I skip a lot like Nerdist.

Fogelnest said his podcast should be back in a few more weeks. :(

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH
I subscribe to 43 podcasts. Some don't update regularly, but I listen to podcasts pretty much nonstop during my menial job. Sometimes I even run out and have to buy an audiobook, or worst of all, listen to the horrible, horrible silence.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

moot the hopple posted:

Mike and Tom Eat Snacks, Earwolf.

You listening Ulrich?

jakefogelnest
Jul 31, 2013
---

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS #69

The podcast will come back. Everything is fine. GREAT actually. I am just super busy with some stuff that I can't talk about yet.

Earwolf is being very cool and I apologize for this little hiatus.

In the meantime, I'm making stuff at Funny Or Die. I directed Traci Lords and Dave Foley in a Ramones tribute sketch this week, so that should let you know that I am doing MORE than okay.

Give me a few more weeks. Thanks for your patience.

---

P.S. Lowtax is slime.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
slime is in.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Jake I liked your Ramones thing and I even shared it on a social media network. You're welcome

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Berzerker posted:

Jake I liked your Ramones thing and I even shared it on a social media network. You're welcome

Brown noser.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I just like to have fun online, pal.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

rapeface posted:

it's mostly just saying contrary things seriously while getting names wrong... Which I like, but needs some conflict IMO.
=

I dunno, dude. Sean has been on Hayes's rear end about his holding deal snafu for like three months now. Can't believe he said that...

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

How many podcasts do y'all subscribe to? I counted 33 for me. In case you couldn't tell, I didn't have full-time employment for nearly two years. Luckily, my commute to-and-from work is over 2 hours total and I drive a lot for my job.

Dang, I only listen to...5 regularly? 4 of which are on Earwolf: CBB, I4H, HH, HDTGM. I listen to a few others that don't update on a regular schedule (Dead Authors Podcast) or have fallen by the wayside (You Look Nice Today :( )

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I dunno, dude. Sean has been on Hayes's rear end about his holding deal snafu for like three months now. Can't believe he said that...

Don't even get me started on his story about "shredding" in that turtle shell.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
And this recent business with the glaive? Hayes...come on..

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I'm subbed to 24 podcasts, some of them dead or extremely sparse, only 8 among them update weekly. I once counted 75 subscriptions on my list, but many of them I no longer listened to and a bunch were redundant Never Not Funny Primo streams, so hardly any of those are still on my list.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Filmspotting
Comedy Bang Bang
Walking the Room
Never Not Funny (plus Players Club)
NNF Presents: Rock Solid
TOFOP
Doug Loves Movies
Professor Blastoff
U Talkin' U2 To Me?
The Andy Daly Pilot Project
Analyze Phish
The Pod F. Tompkast
The Dana Gould Hour
Earwolf Presents

Only the first 8 update on a weekly basis. I still have problems keeping up with everything, but now that I work from home I don't have a commute to burn off podcasts with. Also, my job typically requires too much concentrate to really listen. I'm pretty excited to have my backlog down to only 6 hours, because I've got a ton of music on my iPod I haven't listened to yet.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I don't think Hayes can control Sean but it is very fun ny that he thinks he can

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My favourite recent development in the HH universe is Sean stuffing Engineer Sam in every orfice at Thanksgiving 97

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
lol orfice...loving weirdo

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
My regular podcasts now are:

Comedy Bang Bang
My Brother My Brother and Me
Sawbones
Giant Bombcast
Idle Thumbs
Improv4humans
Alt+F1
The Bugle (when not on break)
Welcome to Night Vale

Then other podcasts I listen to sporadically, are more erratic, or which are on longer breaks:

Andy Daly Pilot Podcast Project
Superego
James Bonding
How Did This Get Made
U Talkin U2 to Me
Analyze Phish
Tone Control

Thankfully, I have a decent commute and time to listen while cooking/playing games/working.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Zsinjeh posted:

lol orfice...loving weirdo

Ibe got stuphing in ebry orface...
Is the problem with people who dont like HH that they can't recognize different voices? Or notice the subtle differences in power going between these two VERY distinct voices? Because I can't imagine what else is hindering these fat dumb idiots!!

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'd rather listen to totally lame than holly wood hand book. I'm sorry everyone.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I'd rather listen to totally lame than holly wood hand book. I'm sorry everyone.

You're tearing me to pizzas.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

As long as you admit that you have taste.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Get On Your Boots can... Get on my dick.

(sexy boots)

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Dang, I only listen to...5 regularly? 4 of which are on Earwolf: CBB, I4H, HH, HDTGM. I listen to a few others that don't update on a regular schedule (Dead Authors Podcast) or have fallen by the wayside (You Look Nice Today :( )

I'm subscribed to ~35 but I probably only listen to 5 regularly. Probably not even that. CBB, I4H, This American Life... buh. There are a lot that I listen to depending on the guest though: Stop Podcasting Yourself, Never Not Funny, The JV Club, The Todd Glass Show, Pop My Culture, How Did This Get Made? (depending on the movie as well), Doug Loves Movies, WITS, James Bonding, Dead Authors Podcast. And then there's a few that I would listen to regularly, but they're not releasing episodes regularly.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Man I don't know how you guys can go double digits let alone 25-35. I'm currently at 8 and sometimes I don't listen to certain episodes. I'll always listen to I4H though.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
I started listening to jordan jesse go because someone in here mentioned that if you like background guffawing to check it out. It delivers.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Lugaloco posted:

Man I don't know how you guys can go double digits let alone 25-35. I'm currently at 8 and sometimes I don't listen to certain episodes. I'll always listen to I4H though.

I spend 4 hours a day on the bus, that's how. :v:

And I still don't listen to that many of the ones I'm subscribed to.

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD

moot the hopple posted:

I dunno about all that, but Topics is kind of boring. Shunt Showalter for Tom Cavanagh and just give us more Mike and Tom Eat Snacks, Earwolf.

it really only gets me laughing out loud when they have a third guest on who can pick up on the games or when it's live. it's too subdued when it's just the two of them rehashing the same jokes.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I love Topics but that kind of humor is laser-beam focused on my personal taste. I'll give anything a chance that has more than one member of The State involved. Or even just one, really. I'm rarely if ever disappointed in the outcome.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Totally Laime does have a really great intro song, but so does JV club, and neither is as good as HH's.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
My biggest problem with HH's intro is that when I'm listening in my car I want to sing along in my beautiful falsetto but because Engineer Cody Brett is such a big dingus the mics are live and I want to hear what Sean Hayes is saying under the song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

jakefogelnest posted:

I directed Traci Lords and Dave Foley in a Ramones tribute sketch this week
siiiiick

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I love Topics but that kind of humor is laser-beam focused on my personal taste. I'll give anything a chance that has more than one member of The State involved. Or even just one, really. I'm rarely if ever disappointed in the outcome.
I have a real soft spot for Stella and that deep anti-comedy, but Topics really is a chore to listen to. You almost gotta force yourself to be like "ya, this is funny".

The only non-Earwolf podcasts I listen to are I Don't Even Own a Television (the latest episode with @Mobute on Bill O'Reilly is amazing) and Men In Blazers. I really tried to like My Brother, My Brother and Me because my wife loves it, but it just feels so un-professional to me: it just sounds like some guys riffing in a basement.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 21, 2014