Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Good on someone at Sierra Nevada for final realizing they should do business with Austin. That's been an opportunity waiting to happen for over a year now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oatgan posted:

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 50

Raw, Saturday Night Main Event, and I don't remember what else but who cares you should know what you're in for by now on this milestone episode.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/awrdd7jx4joiqw8/50+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

before i listen: did my question get answered

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

before i listen: did my question get answered

in depth

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

excellent

edit: manflurry called me by my twitter handle smh

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 17, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
After Tweeting Stroud about this column:
http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/07/the-wrestling-hipster-5-things-your-independent-wrestling-promotion-should-never-do-again

Cabana again vented his upset about it at the 5 minute mark of this Week's Art of Wrestling (w/Christopher Daniels).

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Cardboard Box posted:

excellent

edit: manflurry called me by my twitter handle smh

I'm trying to help your brand

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Some great moments on WO this week.

In the AJ interview I laughed when Dave got into his spiel about how the A block is the best block in the G1, then realized that AJ was actually in B block.

Also in WO proper, Meltzer talked about if he had his way he would have broke Golderg's streak with Goldberg getting DQ'd vs Jericho and then beating up Jericho after. I wanted Bryan to explode on him about how that's his most hated finish, you could tell he was holding back haha.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I remember laughing at AJ during his interview with Jericho recorded shortly before winning the IWGP title when he had this to say about losing the TNA title to RVD:

quote:

"It had nothing to do with him (RVD), that's not what it was about, it was about them just giving him the title, giving the title to a guy who just walked in the building. You don't do that."

To his credit he basically addressed that same statement without even really being asked and sensibly said that he thinks putting a title on an outsider that early is normally kinda dumb but he's not going to complain when he's the beneficiary.

triplexpac posted:

Some great moments on WO this week.

In the AJ interview I laughed when Dave got into his spiel about how the A block is the best block in the G1, then realized that AJ was actually in B block.

Yeah, that was hilarious.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And to be fair, AJ winning the IWGP belt is designed as a heel angle. He walked in, not only got a title shot he hadn't really earned, but won the title via a run-in.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Bryan continues to be a snitch

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah he made a point of that, it wasn't just him coming in and beating the champ clean. He got the title through shenanigans and then started work on building credibility among the fans.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Recommend this to people who have and haven't read Dave Meltzer's piece in the new Observer about Black Saturday

Peach State Pandemonium: Black Saturday Special with Dave Meltzer and Mike Mooneyham:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/PSP/2009/07/15/Peach-State-Pandemonium.mp3

Recorded in 2010 & the day after UFC 100.

One of my favourite Meltzer audios ever.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Also RVD won the title on an impact with about 90 minutes of build

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oatgan posted:

Also RVD won the title on an impact with about 90 minutes of build

And was immediately beaten down by Sting with a baseball bat. Or am I mixing things up?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I laughed at Dave forgetting what Ramadan was called on the latest WO, just referring to it as 'whatever that holiday is.'

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

AJ is pretty smart to the business and interesting to listen to in interviews and that makes it very unfortunate that he's a scumbag

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

And was immediately beaten down by Sting with a baseball bat. Or am I mixing things up?

You're thinking of his debut, where he beat Sting via surprise in 5 seconds, then got beaten down by Sting with a bat for what felt like 3 hours.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
F4W apparently may have had a credit card breach, so check into that if you used a credit card there. I use Paypal.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

F4W apparently may have had a credit card breach, so check into that if you used a credit card there. I use Paypal.

Ah gently caress, and I just used a debit card there too instead of the credit i usually use.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Daniel Bryan posted:

This would explain why someone in Kansas bought a bunch of shoes with my credit card. I should just pay them with loving money orders considering their automated system sent me my password in plain text to get me to resubscribe last month. I sent emails to everyone on their contacts page (Dave, Bryan, their webmaster) explaining how awful that is and never got a response. :shrug:

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

AJ is pretty smart to the business and interesting to listen to in interviews and that makes it very unfortunate that he's a scumbag

Yup, I've really liked his New Japan stuff and it sucks that's he's probably still a homophobic idiot.

Puro Yottsume has a podcast thing now, topic of the first one is 'Why did Ricochet win BoSJ?'

http://pwn.podomatic.com/entry/2014-07-16T03_02_55-07_00

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

I guess I've found the root of my debit card/bank account getting trainwrecked at the start of the week.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Switch to PayPal if you got it. No issues from there.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Well I had over 80 fraudulent charges and lost a lot of money on Tuesday. Not sure if it was from F4W but super annoying. I know Tony stated that only the credit card users were at risk and I used debit.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 18, 2014

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Pretty sure debit card users got bit too, because my account also got got.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is it recurring only? Or everybody? I only sub for a month at time. I haven't gotten anything on my card's account thankfully.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Luigi Thirty posted:

This would explain why someone in Kansas bought a bunch of shoes with my credit card.
Me too. The shoe store must be a front.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Me too. The shoe store must be a front.

JTG's plan B.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I always sub one month at a time too.

I checked both my credit card I normally use and the debit I used for the first time to renew a couple days ago. Fortunately both seem fine so far.

HulkaMatt posted:

Well I had over 80 fraudulent charges and lost a lot of money on Tuesday. Not sure if it was from F4W but super annoying. I know Tony stated that only the credit card users were at risk and I used debit.

I'm pretty sure they meant credit and debit cards were at risk but not PayPal accounts. Whether it's credit or debit it's going to be processed the same from their end. But yeah, that sucks, both me and a friend of mine lost over 1k from our checking accounts after using what was apparently a bad ATM in Maine. Fortunately the bank we both use is actually pretty decent about this stuff and we both got it back in a few weeks.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 18, 2014

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Have they addressed the breach or are they just deleting all mentions of people freaking out about it on ~THE BOARD~ or whatever.

That really blows for those of you that got hit. Hopefully your banks will sort it out. Also how do people get poo poo sent to them they buy online with stolen cards without getting caught? Seems like a really stupid plan.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It was a few weeks ago for me, and I already got it sorted out. Unless it's a coincidence and some other online outfit also launders through a shoe outlet in Kansas.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Have they addressed the breach or are they just deleting all mentions of people freaking out about it on ~THE BOARD~ or whatever.

That really blows for those of you that got hit. Hopefully your banks will sort it out. Also how do people get poo poo sent to them they buy online with stolen cards without getting caught? Seems like a really stupid plan.

Nah, this is how I found out: http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/3-news/38020-note-to-credit-card-users

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

My problem with this is that it's buried within all the other news on the front page. You really have to look for it and it should be a much bigger issue than what they're making it out to be.

Mautr
Sep 8, 2008
Welp I guess that's where all those fraudulent charges I had came from.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

mariooncrack posted:

My problem with this is that it's buried within all the other news on the front page. You really have to look for it and it should be a much bigger issue than what they're making it out to be.

Or mentioned in a podcast, as loads of subscribers likely sign up, add the shows they want to their podcast thing and never go to the front page again. Or who go to the front page once a week to read the Observer.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Someone here saw my post here and didn't notice at the actual Observer site, so I changed the title of the thread.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Yeah I only would have seen of this cause of this thread. Glad I used paypal. Really disappointed in the lack of notice on Dave and Bryan's part.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

They did just put a new updated news notice out at least, but yeah I found out via this thread earlier today as well.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I haven't subscribed to the Observer in a while, but I used PayPal when I did, and I don't see anything on my accounts, so I think I might be okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well we all know that Vince McMahon is insane, but there was another great story on the latest Austin podcast. Apparently after Vince and Tommy Dreamer came to an amicable agreement on Tommy's departure from the company and AFTER Tommy had left and AFTER everybody in the company had been informed, there was a big meeting where Vince was complaining about the quality of a recent ECW show. He demanded to know where Tommy Dreamer was and after some nervous looks one guy said,"Uhhh, Vince.... he's gone." Vince's immediate reaction was being worried that Tommy had been in an accident, when they explained that no, he had quit the company after coming to an agreement with Vince himself, Vince replied,"Nope," and that was the end of that, everybody now knew that in Vince's mind Tommy was still employed so they had to call him up and basically beg him to come back for a few more weeks to satisfy Vince (Tommy got paid well and got a much better send-off than he would have otherwise).

Tommy also mentions that he got on with everybody in creative except for ONE person who constantly convinced Vince not to give Tommy a push even in ECW. They don't name names but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Kevin Dunn.

• Locked thread