Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

VikingSkull posted:

the separatists have had covert, non-uniformed Russian soldiers leading them and fighting with them since literally day 1

so when you see separatists in a news report, just assume it means Russian soldiers

also they've captured plenty of military hardware from Ukraine since the start of the conflict, and Ukraine is an operator of the Buk family of missiles (SA-11 etc), and also S-200 and S-300 surface to air missile launchers

Why would professional russian soldiers want to shoot down a passenger plane? How would that help russian interests at all? It doesn't help separatists' interests either, but but professionals should know better than random surly rebels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Angela Christine posted:

Why would professional russian soldiers want to shoot down a passenger plane? How would that help russian interests at all? It doesn't help separatists' interests either, but but professionals should know better than random surly rebels.

You would think but then again...

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

davecrazy posted:

You would think but then again...

uh it's a boat? and?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

uh it's a boat? and?

a US ship shot down a passenger plane and it was just as if not more hosed up

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

gnarlyhotep posted:

uh it's a boat? and?

use google imagesearch lil' scrublet

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
lol I'm not surprised

go USA, shoot everything

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

7thBatallion posted:

And the Russian separatists stole the black box.
predictable, but amazingly lovely

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

well shipping arms to random angry dudes for proxy war goodness never had any blowback

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Someone should tell them they can't have another crash until they find the last plane they crashed.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
.......mh370 was stolen.... in order to...... en act this....... FALS FLAGG

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Someone should tell them they can't have another crash until they find the last plane they crashed.

Exactly! What is wrong with these idiots?

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

de_dust posted:

.......mh370 was stolen.... in order to...... en act this....... FALS FLAGG

INFORWARS.COM

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Angela Christine posted:

planes at altitude look very small, large military cargo jets often look like commercial airliners

throw that on top of a 19 year old conscript manning the missile system, in a covert mission with less accountability than a normal military operation, and tense nerves in a hot combat zone, and sometimes mistakes are made

I seriously doubt it was targeted because it was a civilian airliner, especially when the separatists shot a AN-26 transport on Monday, and the separatist leader ( a Russian citizen who had a career in the KGB) tweeted at roughly the same time MH17 went down that they had whacked another An-26

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it's possible that whoever shot it down mistook it for one of Ukraine's AN-124's, as well

seeing one of these while it is 6 miles vertical in the air and also 12 miles away from you over the ground, it's possible to mistake another large plane for it. though the transponder on MH17 should have been picked up by anyone painting it with an active radar track

the radar/SAM operator could very well have fired without even seeing the plane visually

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Still gone guys.

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Thanks for the update, Chinatown.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

it's possible that whoever shot it down mistook it for one of Ukraine's AN-124's, as well

seeing one of these while it is 6 miles vertical in the air and also 12 miles away from you over the ground, it's possible to mistake another large plane for it. though the transponder on MH17 should have been picked up by anyone painting it with an active radar track

the radar/SAM operator could very well have fired without even seeing the plane visually

I doubt it because didn't one of the rebel leadership specifically call it an AN-26 when they proudly announced the shoot-down?

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

Still gone guys.

Thank you.

I kinda think the plane downed in Ukraine was hogging the spot light, don't you guys?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Posting this while flying through the air at 40k feet in a plane.

Its not up here as far as I can tell.

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Chinatown posted:

Posting this while flying through the air at 40k feet in a plane.

Its not up here as far as I can tell.

You seem to lack your previous certainty.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

nockturne posted:

You seem to lack your previous certainty.
It's not always a good idea to look too hard when you're up there

or

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Im flying again today so I will look for it but I doubt its up there.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Chinatown posted:

Im flying again today so I will look for it but I doubt its up there.

I'm pretty sure it's gone.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm pretty sure it's gone.

Back from my flight home. Nope, not there.

Its gone guys. Gone.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Back from my flight home. Nope, not there.

Its gone guys. Gone.
Rhymes with GONE
ban, Bonn, chon, con, conn, dawn, don, Don, drawn, faun, fawn, guan, Jon, khan, maun, mon, on, pan, pawn, prawn, Shan, spawn, swan, wan, yawn, yon, yuan

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Pretty *fishy* what happened to that flight...

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'm starting to think it might be more difficult to locate than we originally thought.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I always like this picture because it kind of like like the monster is wearing a turtleneck and blazer.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

I always like this picture because it kind of like like the monster is wearing a turtleneck and blazer.
May we recommend some proper evening wear?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Malaysia took control of Malaysia Air the other today after those two air disasters.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

chinatown, you find it yet? You're Our Only Hope.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its still loving gone guys.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

THS posted:

a US ship shot down a passenger plane and it was just as if not more hosed up

It was way more hosed up because the Aegis system identified it as a passenger plane, and the dudes who shot it down all got medals for doing a great job. I'm not even joking.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Hobohemian posted:

It was way more hosed up because the Aegis system identified it as a passenger plane, and the dudes who shot it down all got medals for doing a great job. I'm not even joking.

well if we can't reward our soldiers for shooting things then our military is finished :colbert:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Chinatown posted:

Its still loving gone guys.

:negative:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i found it

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

THS posted:

i found it

You should be worried about it finding you

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Iranian passenger jet went down a few hours ago. Welp.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

Iranian passenger jet went down a few hours ago. Welp.

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

cool

• Locked thread