Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Welp, the DC Office of Attorney General released guidelines and best practices for officers regarding the pending decriminalization of Marijuana today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
pot is cool

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Just means more of it will be running through our jurisdiction. I'm feeling an increase in marijuana arrests, narcotics funds seizures, and asset forfeitures coming on. Papa needs a new set of night vision goggles. :getin:.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
So jelly

Come on Trudeau 2.0 get elected so we can have a ruined economy but sweet legal weed

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
That's what you get for being white in Florida.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iVNCPaXLuk

Do you know who the gently caress I am?

The lack of communication between all forms of "law enforcement" is a loving joke. Jesus loving god drat christ, the tools have been provided, continue ignoring them and continue to suffer the consequences of ignorance. :colbert:

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Welp, the DC Office of Attorney General released guidelines and best practices for officers regarding the pending decriminalization of Marijuana today.

Prepare to be seeing a lot more CO plates.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
I was recruited into the unofficial "Catfish squad" since I can now access Facebook and Instagram for investigative purposes lol

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Thesoldier posted:

I was recruited into the unofficial "Catfish squad" since I can now access Facebook and Instagram for investigative purposes lol

also grindr

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Patrol supervisor got his whole duty rig stolen (gun, belt, taser, cuffs etc)

Who the gently caress leaves that in a marked unit overnight :psyduck:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I take it he's going to get fired over that?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Probably just disciplined. The only thing that was department property was the taser/OC spray.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
How loving stupid can you be?

quote:

supervisor

Oh, never mind.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

beanieson posted:

Probably just disciplined. The only thing that was department property was the taser/OC spray.

Ah, gotcha. Still, a gun going missing I would think be a shitcannable offence.

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I'm expecting a jump in marijuana arrests in the short term. Plenty of idiots who will be out smoking in public, carrying too much, or not realizing that apparently any of the Federal LEOs in the city can still arrest them.

Also didn't find out until after this went into effect (3 months after being passed), that yes, it includes a provision that marijuana positives do not count as a violation of probation. Thanks for the guidance, management! (there wasn't any guidance, unless you count a director saying he couldn't find the text of the law but that we shouldn't change anything).

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Yea we were basically told nothing changes, but to use "sound discretion" in conducting narcotics investigations.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
don't be a fuckin patsy in the drug war whip. The only arrests you should be making is those criminals in congress.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The streets demand justice even as the courts become corrupt and weak, Whip

Also while you're at it make sure they don't lick any bad stamps

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I don't know what "postal police" do but Postal Inspectors are pretty high speed with the poo poo they investigate and I'd do that job in a heartbeat.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

The streets demand justice even as the courts become corrupt and weak, Whip

Also while you're at it make sure they don't lick any bad stamps

:siren: If all else fails take the money reserve notes and run. :siren:

:tinfoil:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
being a postal inspector would be pretty cool. Looking at all the different fed LE agencies I bet dispatching poo poo like accidents turns into a loving nightmare. Do you guys all have your own dispatch? Who decides who takes what? Do you guys look down on metro DC for being locals or do they look down on you guys for being glorified security guards? Tell me all the inner workings of DC law enforcement.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

It depends on the officer, really. I have a really good working relationship with the MPD guys in my areas because backup from my agency is usually 5-10 minutes away, minimum, at any given time. Handling incidents is pretty easy, its just a matter of looking at our jurisdictional map and saying yay or nay. We have our own dedicated dispatch with its own emergency numbers, but half of our calls come forwarded from the various 911 centers.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
For a country that's been around for about as long as Pelé can keep an erection, you guys have a mind boggling number of Federal police and intelligence services. Why not just have 1 Federal police service, 1 for each state and let them run their own jails and prisons.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Why not just have 1 Federal police service

We fought a war to get away from the redcoats man. Separation of powers and all that. Also, if we had only a handful of police agencies in the country, it would be a lot harder for lovely cops to hop from department to department as they keep getting fired.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

For a country that's been around for about as long as Pelé can keep an erection, you guys have a mind boggling number of Federal police and intelligence services. Why not just have 1 Federal police service, 1 for each state and let them run their own jails and prisons.

As far as current governments and systems of rule, the USA is one of the oldest and longest lasting today. :ssh:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
disband the states federalize all LE and have one giant federal dept for the whole nation.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

On that note out of all the federal police/intelligence services you guys have which is the one which all of the others look down on and makes jokes about behind their back?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Branis posted:

disband the states federalize all LE and have one giant federal dept for the whole nation.

Re-instate her majesty as head of state, make all police officers wear Pitt helms (the boob helmet we wear in the UK) and hang Whip as a traitor.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Pith helmets are super legit and I'd wear them in a second. Everything you do looks cooler in a pith helmet.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Apparently there is some design difference and we wear Pitt helms, not entirely sure what the difference is though. They are comfy as gently caress and I love wearing mine.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

You're really underestimating the appeal to every two-bit assistant director of having their own combat-kitted SWAT team

Was it this thread where Whip defended the existence of the Department of Education SWAT unit because student loan delinquents require a unique set of skills to subdue

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I mow my lawn in a pith helmet, true story.

Snowdens Secret posted:

Was it this thread where Whip defended the existence of the Department of Education SWAT unit because student loan delinquents require a unique set of skills to subdue

lol, no but someone please point me towards that thread :buddy:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...redentials.html

Are Manchester cops really gay-friendly?

e: also, http://boingboing.net/2014/07/17/uk-police-capture-the-a-team.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 18, 2014

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Most cops in the UK are, on account of gays representing a much larger portion of the police service than the general public. Of my 3 immediate Inspectors and 3 Sergeants, 4 are gay.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Love a man in uniform :huh:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Wurzag posted:

On that note out of all the federal police/intelligence services you guys have which is the one which all of the others look down on and makes jokes about behind their back?

The answer is always the FBI. gently caress those guys.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Yeah, my dad was NSA for a decade and spent a lot of time bitching at the extreme incompetence of the FBI and their desire to use the US Marshalls or Treasury Dept for anything requiring a law enforcement contact

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Whip Slagcheek posted:

counterpoint: Bureau of Prisons

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Most cops in the UK are, on account of gays representing a much larger portion of the police service than the general public. Of my 3 immediate Inspectors and 3 Sergeants, 4 are gay.

Seriouspost: that's awesome and I wish more North American agencies were as open minded

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, my dad was NSA for a decade and spent a lot of time bitching at the extreme incompetence of the FBI and their desire to use the US Marshalls or Treasury Dept for anything requiring a law enforcement contact

:love: US Marshalls :love:

Some of our guys did some fugitive apprehension training with the USMS and had lots of respect for them. I'd love to get the chance to do some training and/or a ridealong with them. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Our OT board is a first come first serve take it as it's posted website. A large posting for a certain daily assignment next month was supposed to be put up probably sometime last week, but was delayed because the new "approving supervisor" wanted to "review it" before it went up. What that actually meant was he wanted the lady in charge of the board to wait until he got back from vacation, said "ok go", and immediately took several of the spots as they were posted for himself. The guy wonders why nobody likes him.

• Locked thread