Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

Just to double-check I can redeem my reward for Earthbound now and enter my code into a Wii U in say, late August or early September when I actually, like, buy one and it'll still work?? I guess what I'm asking is how long the code will be good for. I have seen conflicting answers already.

My confirmation e-mail says nothing about an expiration date. If there were one, I'd assume they'd make a point of stating it like they do on the website regarding actually getting the code from the Platinum offer in the first place.

So it's reasonable to assume that they just straight up don't expire. Go ahead and redeem it and keep your code safe until you can use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Regy Rusty posted:

My confirmation e-mail says nothing about an expiration date. If there were one, I'd assume they'd make a point of stating it like they do on the website regarding actually getting the code from the Platinum offer in the first place.

So it's reasonable to assume that they just straight up don't expire. Go ahead and redeem it and keep your code safe until you can use it.

So more in the vein of their VC rewards instead of their MK8 free game promo, as those apparently do expire sometime in september if you don't redeem them by then.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Steel Diver Sub Wars is getting another big update:

quote:

Hello, I’m Takaya Imamura, the Director of Steel Diver: Sub Wars. Thank you so much for playing.

We’re planning to release Version 3.0 in the future, and I’d like to take a moment to update you on what we’re working on.

In Version 3.0, you can set up Internet Battles with your Friends. This means as long as you have wireless internet access, you’ll be able to battle online with Friends you have registered on your Nintendo 3DS system, any time you want. However, keep in mind that this is limited to Friends who own the Premium Version of the game.

In addition, we’ll add two new stages exclusively for Local Wireless Battle to make this mode even more fun. You will be able to select these stages while playing Internet Battle with your Friends, too. We’re also working on adding subs that you can unlock by playing via local wireless a certain number of times.

The number of times you’ve played on local wireless in Version 2.0 will be carried over to Version 3.0, so if you have already met the required number of Local Wireless Battles, you may be able to unlock them right after you update. Once again, please be aware that these subs will be available only for owners of the Premium Version.

We're also planning to add eight new crew members, with various abilities such as launching mines while using the masker, and healing your allies. We've also made some other small tweaks. Your allies will no longer take any damage if you accidentally attack them in battle, and you can use the +Control Pad to enter messages in Morse code.

The in-game shop that was previously limited to Premium Version owners will now be accessible to players using the Free Version too. In addition, we'll be reducing the number of play coins required to play Internet Battle using the Free Version from two coins to one.

We're currently working hard on Version 3.0 and aiming to release it sometime in August. Thank you for your continued support of Steel Diver: Sub Wars!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It is surprising how much support they are giving that game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of July 17):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    GAIABREAKER - €10.99 / £9.89
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA) - €6.99 / £56.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Pullblox World promotion (Wii U) - own Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS, get 30% off Pullblox World for Wii U! Ends July 31.]
    NES Remix (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 for people who own NES Remix 2, ends July 24
    NES Remix 2 (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 for people who own NES Remix, ends July 24
    Earthbound (Wii U VC) - €5.99 / £4.19 until July 24
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.59 until July 24

3DS eSHOP
    Pick-A-Gem - €2.99 / £2.69
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (demo)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Steel Diver: Sub Wars (3DS eShop) - premium version €4.99 / £4.99 until July 24
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.25 until July 24
    Secrets of the Titanic (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.99 until July 24
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (3DS eShop) - €2.00 / £1.80 until July 24
    Steamworld Dig (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until July 31
    escapeVektor (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until July 31

NA update (week of July 17):

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mr. Driller 2 (GBA) - $6.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until July 24

3DS eSHOP
    Comic Workshop - $7.99
    Strike Force Foxx - $4.99
    Yumi's Odd Odyssey - $19.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Etrian Odyssey 4 (3DS) - $14.99 until July 21
    Etrian Odyssey Untold (3DS) - $14.99 until July 21
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until July 24
    Steamworld Dig (3DS eShop) - $4.49 until July 31
    escapeVektor (3DS eShop) - $3.99 until July 31
    Disney's Frozen: Olaf's Quest (3DS) - $19.99 until July 31
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - $3.99 until July 31
    Witch & Hero (3DS eShop) - $2.79 until July 31
    Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers (3DS) - "on sale" from July 21-August 4
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    3D Classics Kid Icarus (3DS eShop) - 200 Coins, available until August 3
    Donkey Kong Jr. (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until August 3
    Metal Torrent (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until August 3
    Paper Mario (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until August 3

Sorry NA: no Earthbound sale, no NES Remix sale, not even a Steel Diver sale. NOA hates you. SteamWorld Dig and Atlus Sale Zillion is nice, though.

On the upside, you're getting a price drop on Yumi's Odd Odyssey, a confirmed rad game for cool people, whereas it'll probably be full price forever in PAL-land.

That Comics Workshop app is really popular in Japan, I wonder how it'll do elsewhere.

(NOA PR is hopeless - they never bother listing the sales prices for Atlus games or even which games are on sale, so I'm guessing there'll be more than just Soul Hackers.)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh, and for reasons that defy explanation, NOE has started localising the "Neko Neko Mario Time" videos where puppets of Cat Mario/Peach talk about games and make lots of irritating noises. Sure, why not. They're on both eShops, for those who care.

EDIT: oh god there's a separate dub for each EFIGS language and they're all so bad

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 17, 2014

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Mr Driller is a Nintendo game right? I think I remember watching an LP years ago and being really impressed.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mr. Driller is by Namco, there are a bunch of different versions for various consoles and handhelds and you can't really go wrong with any of 'em.

EDIT: you might be thinking of Drill Dozer, which is by Game Freak, the Pokemon devs. Mr. Driller is an arcadey puzzle game, kinda similar to Boulder Dash.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
One more update: Steel Empire, the remake of the Megadrive/GBA game of the same name, now has a NA price and release date - July 31, $29.99.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Mr. Driller is an arcadey puzzle game, kinda similar to Boulder Dash.

Namco considers Mr. Driller to be a continuation of Dig Dug which had some similarities to Boulder Dash...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh yeah, Mr. Driller has a ridiculous extended canon that claims your dude is the son of Dig Dug Guy and Baraduke Lady.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mr. Driller is by Namco, there are a bunch of different versions for various consoles and handhelds and you can't really go wrong with any of 'em.

EDIT: you might be thinking of Drill Dozer, which is by Game Freak, the Pokemon devs. Mr. Driller is an arcadey puzzle game, kinda similar to Boulder Dash.

YeahDrill Dozer is what I was thinking of

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sorry NA: no Earthbound sale, no NES Remix sale, not even a Steel Diver sale. NOA hates you.
First they give me a free video game and now this. Incredibly hosed up, Nintendo of America.

greatn posted:

YeahDrill Dozer is what I was thinking of
Drill Dozer was insanely good and might just be the best platformer on the GBA. I wish Game Freak would make more than 1 non-Pokemon game each decade cause just like Harmoknight recently, they tend to be amazing.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Oh yeah, Mr. Driller has a ridiculous extended canon that claims your dude is the son of Dig Dug Guy and Baraduke Lady.

Also Dig Dug Guy and Baraduke Ripley got a divorce. Dig Dug Guy is now very bitter about that and the fact that Mr. Driller is more famous than him. I love the ridiculous Dug Family soap opera. :allears:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Wasn't there a similar thing with the original Bomberman where when you finish the game Bomberman turns human and becomes the main character in Lode Runner?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Wasn't there a similar thing with the original Bomberman where when you finish the game Bomberman turns human and becomes the main character in Lode Runner?

Yup, even though the NES version of Lode Runner was released 2 years before the NES version of bomberman, and the fact that the Bomberman sprite is used for the enemies, not the player character :psyduck:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gunvolt has a JP price/release date: 1960yen, August 20. They were aiming for a September release in NA, from memory, and I guess it'll cost around $20.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Oh, and for reasons that defy explanation, NOE has started localising the "Neko Neko Mario Time" videos where puppets of Cat Mario/Peach talk about games and make lots of irritating noises. Sure, why not. They're on both eShops, for those who care.

EDIT: oh god there's a separate dub for each EFIGS language and they're all so bad
You're not kidding. loving hell, this is bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zqtFxuEnLg

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This is what Nintendo of Europe thinks is more important than getting the English version of Shovel Knight out on their goddamn systems.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Hakkesshu posted:

This is what Nintendo of Europe thinks is more important than getting the English version of Shovel Knight out on their goddamn systems.
The hold-up there is not Nintendo.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Lodin posted:

You're not kidding. loving hell, this is bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zqtFxuEnLg

Hakkesshu posted:

If Fatal Frame U doesn't get a Western release I'm going to get really upset about this. :mad:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Akuma posted:

The hold-up there is not Nintendo.

Sure it is, the game is done, but they can't put it out in Europe before they've implemented EFIGS due to Nintendo's arcane policies.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're implementing EFIGS because their backers asked/paid for it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

They're implementing EFIGS because their backers asked/paid for it.

Oh, it's an admirable goal in itself, but not if it delays the version that's already out everywhere else. I'm sure they'd put up the English version right now if they could. This is something NoE should absolutely be pushing for.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hakkesshu posted:

Oh, it's an admirable goal in itself, but not if it delays the version that's already out everywhere else. I'm sure they'd put up the English version right now if they could. This is something NoE should absolutely be pushing for.

I don't know if you can go back and add languages later.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

You can... on non-Nintendo platforms, which is the point.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Still can't get DKCR to download on 3DS- maybe the store is still busy or something? This is like the third day it's been like this.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So they piss off all of the non english speaking countries?

If they should of done anything, they should of held the US release back a bit for a less ridiculous difference in release date. Or controlled their US release boner and started the EU localization and rating stuff way earlier.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Hakkesshu posted:

They could have if they wanted to - the actual EFIGS requirements don't necessarily extend to the game itself, just the ancillary crap like eShop copy and manuals and whatnot - but they chose to wait until the game was done before starting the process. What's done is done.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Monkey Fracas posted:

Still can't get DKCR to download on 3DS- maybe the store is still busy or something? This is like the third day it's been like this.
I've been able to download from Wii U and 3ds eShop today without any problems. What part do you get to in the process? Does your memory card have enough space to hold it(the game is over 2.2gigs I think)?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

deafmute posted:

I've been able to download from Wii U and 3ds eShop today without any problems. What part do you get to in the process? Does your memory card have enough space to hold it(the game is over 2.2gigs I think)?

Get to the screen where you have to choose "download now" or "download later" and the process will look like it starts for a moment when I click either of them but then it will fail a few seconds later.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Does EFIGS mean English French Italian German Spanish?

Also I'm pretty sure you can patch your games on eShop and you don't have to pay a fee.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

greatn posted:

Yes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

greatn posted:

Also I'm pretty sure you can patch your games on eShop and you don't have to pay a fee.

E-figs are actually digitally grown fruits.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Kurtofan posted:

E-figs are actually digitally grown fruits.

Are you implying that there might be E-wasps, too. I'm not sure that I like where this is going.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I thought e-figs were what the kids were using to vape fruit these days.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Not relevant to anyone outside of Japan, but still, interesting:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/campaign/butamedal/index.html

There's an upcoming firmware update for JP Wii U consoles that will add support for SUICA NFC currency cards, and NCL is doing some sort of promotion where buying things with SUICA will unlock tokens for some weird free pachinko game? Okay?

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

It should be pretty simple if the game doesn't have voice acting, and as greatn mentioned Nintendo doesn't charge developers a fee to patch their games.
Nintendo is definitely getting better at internet services, of course they still have a long way to go. But they're giving developers, even indie developers a ton of freedom- like letting them name the price, able to put their stuff on sale whenever they want, there's even that one game that has cross-buy between WiiU and 3DS

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
They should just put out the English version of Shovel Knight everywhere right now and have a big fat disclaimer that says something like: "Diese spiel ist im Englandish fur now. Auf du kanst nicht lesen das sprach du kanst gewaiten 6 or so monthen undt it will be releasert im Germanish. Bitte."
But bleh, it's better on the PC anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
They never did that ever since they started translating games into other languages even though they should have so good luck having that happen now.