Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Sarah Palin has really become Peggy Hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

bobkatt013 posted:

Sarah Palin has really become Peggy Hill.

But Peggy Hill is a nice person.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Reposting the YouTube channel that's uploading old Daily Show clips.

So many gems in here.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 19, 2014

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

They are funny in a time capsule kind of way. Colbert use to say The Daily Show was kind of soul sucking before Jon came around.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

BigRed0427 posted:

They are funny in a time capsule kind of way. Colbert use to say The Daily Show was kind of soul sucking before Jon came around.

Well can you imagine what it's like having to interact with Craig Kilborn on a daily basis?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I've seen Craig's CBS show once or twice before it got axed.

My biggest Craig Kilborn memory is that MADtv skit making fun of his insufferable fans.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I didn't see this posted yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjgDoxfHW4w
Stewart show, Jon Daily speaking.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I didn't see this posted yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjgDoxfHW4w
Stewart show, Jon Daily speaking.

Loved the special effects!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Echo Chamber posted:

I've seen Craig's CBS show once or twice before it got axed.

My biggest Craig Kilborn memory is that MADtv skit making fun of his insufferable fans.

He was perfectly cast as the biggest douche in the world in Old School.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Israel could attack a US destroyer even today and we'd still have to apologize to them.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Acquilae posted:

Israel could attack a US destroyer even today and we'd still have to apologize to them.

Israel is the Dick Cheney of the world.

e: Holy poo poo, the heels really know how to work the audience.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'm just as embarrassed as Jon right now

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Why do media outlets report on poo poo from Wikipedia? I mean it's occasionally amusing for small things (like making Tim Howard Secretary of Defense) but it's absolutely retarded to report on edit wars. It's like reporting on a Facebook comment thread.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Acquilae posted:

I mean they are bombing hospitals so they can basically do anything

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

JohnSherman posted:

Why do media outlets report on poo poo from Wikipedia?

They are lazy and worthless

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

So I'm guessing Stewart got flak for the last I/P bit over the weekend?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I loving love this. Can someone please edit together Republicans praising Putin for his strong leadership, and them now calling him the next Hitler?

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean they are bombing hospitals so they can basically do anything
Yeah the pro-Israel lobbying easily surpasses corporations when it comes to government protection, because you can still be against corporate lobbying and not ruin your political career.

The Reagan delusion continues!

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 22, 2014

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ChaosSamusX posted:

So I'm guessing Stewart got flak for the last I/P bit over the weekend?

Did he do anything other than give Israel the sloppiest of dick sucks and ball coddling?

Then yes.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
I'm tired of the Republican's treating Regan like Jesus.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Did he do anything other than give Israel the sloppiest of dick sucks and ball coddling?

Then yes.

I'm pretty sure Stewart (on occasion) calls out Israel more strongly than any other mainstream voice in the American media (unless someone would care to correct me). And yeah, he pointed out the unevenness of the conflict last week.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Then yes.

I forget, was there a I/P bit last week? I remember him saying he wanted to pass on it till next week.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

No.1 Special posted:

What other Republican presidents do they have to talk about? It's the only success they have and that is through mass lies about him.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Winkie01 posted:

What other Republican presidents do they have to talk about? It's the only success they have and that is through mass lies about him.

Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt are pretty well regarded.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Oh thanks for telling me I can help people being imprisoned in Egypt by posting a photo to Twitter. :commissar:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

hemophilia posted:

Teddy busted trusts and started the national park service and such. I can't imagine they like him much anymore because NATURE BAD, ANTITRUST LAWS BAD!

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

hemophilia posted:

They are and neither of anything they are known for represents today's gop.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

Teddy busted trusts and started the national park service and such. I can't imagine they like him much anymore because NATURE BAD, ANTITRUST LAWS BAD!
Yep and all those regulations in the Square Deal.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

:stonk: HOLY poo poo! I had no idea it's this deep. I though Putin just gave missiles to fuckups.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Igor Strelkov sounds like a stock villain from an action movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
After hearing RW nuts all weekending saying how "Regan didn't take no poo poo from the Russkies!" then finding out he didn't want to cut his vacation short is just amazing.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Oh good, 13 minutes to catch up on my email. Thanks Stephen.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

After hearing RW nuts all weekending saying how "Regan didn't take no poo poo from the Russkies!" then finding out he didn't want to cut his vacation short is just amazing.

I...I don't think I can laugh at either show anymore...Maybe it's time for a E/N thread.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The segment at the beginning was missing one of the correspondents calling him Leibowitz and acting all smug like they'd just defeated a demon by invoking its true name.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

JohnSherman posted:

Why do media outlets report on poo poo from Wikipedia? I mean it's occasionally amusing for small things (like making Tim Howard Secretary of Defense) but it's absolutely retarded to report on edit wars. It's like reporting on a Facebook comment thread.

That's only a matter of time.

Dr Christmas posted:

The segment at the beginning was missing one of the correspondents calling him Leibowitz and acting all smug like they'd just defeated a demon by invoking its true name.

I love the dog-whistle racism of that kind of thing, right up there with "Barack HUSSEIN Obama".

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 22, 2014

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

JohnSherman posted:

I agree it's trivial if it's random internet jerks doing it but when it's a world government doing it about an event they're closely involved with, it's news.

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

The new guy who isn't Michael Che sucks.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Dr Christmas posted:

I'm pretty sure I heard one of them say it.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

No.1 Special posted:

Read this book. Well, try to. Skip to the chapters about Reagan. It will explain republicans so much.

If I thought this book was true I'd be a Republican too.

http://www.amazon.com/Patriots-History-United-States-Columbuss/dp/1595230327

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

rypakal posted:

Read this book. Well, try to. Skip to the chapters about Reagan. It will explain republicans so much.

If I thought this book was true I'd be a Republican too.

http://www.amazon.com/Patriots-History-United-States-Columbuss/dp/1595230327

You know it's good when one of the top reviews begins "I was predisposed to view the authors' approach favorably in that an antidote to the left-wing and Marxist textbooks currently in use in American public schools and colleges is sorely needed."

• Locked thread