Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise - Cry Wolf

Oh Willie, I've missed your humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
And to celebrate the return of Modesty, some more comix!

Cul-de-sac

The Creeps

Poptropica

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

"Of course it's murder, Alfie! Just look at that man's sniveling little dago mustache and his beady guido eyes! Cuff him before he seduces any more of our lady-folk!"
-Inspector Danger

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

B-E-S-U-R-E-T-O-D-R-I-N-K-Y-O-U-R-O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

I'm all for it if it removes more of this wretched dialogue from this storyline.

Pibgorn

What kind of warped funhouse mirror is this dive using?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Is there a soil asparagus won't grow in? Like the bottom of the ocean, maybe?

The incredible shrinking Geech.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Weren't they, like, just falling out of the sky in the last strip? And now everything's okay and all the plot points we should have seen are being summed up in bullet points in a single panel (except for how they escaped the falling city, naturally)? Jesus Christ, the author has to have the worst sense of pacing among anyone who's ever taken pen to paper in all of human civilization.

Can you imagine if other writers ended stuff like this? You're watching the Rebel leaders in Star Wars plan for the attack on the Death Star, then suddenly it just cuts to the medal ceremony and Luke says "drat, it's a good thing Han Solo returned and saved me from Darth Vader. Obi-Wan Kenobi returned as a ghost and told me to use the Force so I did and blew up the Death Star. That's why we're getting medals." Credits roll.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kammat posted:

Oh my god Tarrant!

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Kammat posted:

Alright, I know it's a long shot, but do you happen to have an album of these? I've only paid attention a couple times to Modesty Blaise and kept telling myself to read them all.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Comics like this are why I still post F Minus. Just look at those dog-faces.

Mary Worth

Olive looks like she's gonna hurl.

Rex Morgan MD

Niki looks old again.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Niki looks old again.

a vintage convertible beetle? Nah, you won't be delivering pizza your whole life for that. Only until you get in your first wreck, and you get completely crushed.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Wanamingo posted:

Does it bug anyone else that all the women in Inspector danger are all sexy and identical while the men are, while not exactly varied in design, at least allowed to wear glasses and have different noses sometimes?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Olive looks like she's gonna hurl.
Where is this going? Is Dr. Bad Touch going try to have sex with Olive's cyst?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

FunkyAl posted:

Does it bug anyone else that all the women in Inspector danger are all sexy and identical while the men are, while not exactly varied in design, at least allowed to wear glasses and have different noses sometimes?
There's a long list of things that bug me about Inspector Danger and I'm sure that's on it, but there are a lot of things that take precedence.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

FunkyAl posted:

Oh, yeah, that's definitely on the list.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Kammat posted:

Looks like Professor Lambert is living in the Lapp of luxury.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just one more of these weird Tina's Groove strips to go. This one's nowhere near as bad/:barf: as yesterday. Just... weird.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

CommaToes posted:

Alright, I know it's a long shot, but do you happen to have an album of these? I've only paid attention a couple times to Modesty Blaise and kept telling myself to read them all.

All the scans I've done are here: http://kammat.imgur.com/

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Wanamingo posted:

"Alfie - The murderer is not his wife, it's his mistress. He still has an erection, and you obviously wouldn't be attracted to this harlot"

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

Comics like this are why I still post F Minus. Just look at those dog-faces.

Yessss, this is awesome.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Apparently Bob Weber Jr. is the writer for Hägar the Horrible now (though he's not drawing it). He posted this on Facebook:

Bob Weber Jr. posted:

Here's one of my recent Hagar the Horrible gags. I started writing the strip a couple months ago, and they are now starting to appear in newspapers.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Also:

Horns! :argh:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

FunkyAl posted:

I'm pretty sure there have been frumpy women on occasion in it. Not often, but they've been there. Like the retarded cleaning lady who turned out to be the culprit in hers.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007
Seems fine to me, that viking is clearly self-aware and enraged by his own inaccuracy. All part of the illustration.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Thanks for bringing back Modesty, Kammat! I've missed it.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Niki looks old again.

That's a drat fine Beetle!

Jane's World

And that's why you became a lesbian. Where is this even going, Paige?

Non Sequitur

I laughed at that, nice one, Wiley!

Dana caught up, so here are yesterday's and today's Heavenly Nostrils

Todd is the coolest dragon.

... or set anything on fire. You're getting boring Phoebe!

Kliban

This would be an awesome parade.

9 Chickweed Lane 7/18/2003

Oh, Brooke. Yeah, a leather mini skirt under a lab coat must be just oh so comfortable.

Zits

Hey, the kid's cooking his own omelet. Give him some credit! :v:

Kevin & Kell

This is so weird.

:) Artifacts aren't mine, by the way, that's the way it was presented on Metro's e-edition.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Dammit Francis, just eat the bear already!

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Yeah, it's a pastry.

Fok_It

Rinta-Kanto announced on Facebook that Fok_It's going for a summer break, and the rest of July will be reruns of ye olde strips. The announcement was accompanied by this pic:

- Easy now

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Kennel posted:

Also:

Horns! :argh:

Explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTofiGPGKZA

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Weren't they, like, just falling out of the sky in the last strip? And now everything's okay and all the plot points we should have seen are being summed up in bullet points in a single panel (except for how they escaped the falling city, naturally)? Jesus Christ, the author has to have the worst sense of pacing among anyone who's ever taken pen to paper in all of human civilization.

Can you imagine if other writers ended stuff like this? You're watching the Rebel leaders in Star Wars plan for the attack on the Death Star, then suddenly it just cuts to the medal ceremony and Luke says "drat, it's a good thing Han Solo returned and saved me from Darth Vader. Obi-Wan Kenobi returned as a ghost and told me to use the Force so I did and blew up the Death Star. That's why we're getting medals." Credits roll.

Didn't Harv take over for the House Computer and teleport the humans out in the last one? You can fault this strip on a lot of its flaws, but this point seemed at least slightly less cloudy than many of the other ones. For instance, why "our hero" is delivering an infodump to someone who went through everything he's describing with him.

drat you for making me think about Zachary Nixon Johnson. :argh:

Skippy gives us clarity! Clarity from a kid who carries a knife! (April 29, 1927)

Peanuts (July 21, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (April 24-25, 1925)

The one time it's appropriate for that kid to take his droopy pants off, and that happens.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears

:ohdear: Wait, who're Mary-Anne and Edward?

The Dinette Set

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

I laughed at that, nice one, Lester!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

The rest of your life or a really busy summer. Whichever

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wherein we get away with a PG rating because of Strategically-Placed Greenery Comix.

Pooch Café

I think it's mean to put collars animals in the first place. My first ferret went completely bald around his neck from his collar. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it was there, because that little monster could get into anything and anywhere and if it weren't for the bell I'd sit on the couch or turn the dryer on and kill him. I just felt bad about it from time to time.

Ballard Street

I never expected to see that beaver again.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Don't worry, Mr. President! My buddies would've just broken and entered, then threatened some doctors at arrow-point into giving up my corpse! - a superhero

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

So how much of the dialog in Mandrake is just question marks and exclamation points? Not just in this arc, like in general?

RandomFerret posted:

Wherein we get away with a PG rating because of Strategically-Placed Greenery Comix.

Pooch Café

I love the fact they used an anti-nudity lead on his neck. :3:

Suenteus Po
Sep 15, 2007
SOH-Dan

DoubleDonut posted:

Don't worry, Mr. President! My buddies would've just broken and entered, then threatened some doctors at arrow-point into giving up my corpse! - a superhero

This arc is starting to justify itself.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's strips carry us forward into 1988! :toot:

Bloom County

:sassargh:

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Two years before I was born, and the true meaning of Christmas was already dead? Explains why I've hated December so much over the years.

Cow and Boy

Sherman's Lagoon

:rolleyes:

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Darthemed posted:

Today's strips carry us forward into 1988! :toot:

Bloom County

:sassargh:

Waaaait. That ain't no Sidewinder. Now, this is a Sidewinder!

'at's a TOW, there, son...

Ok, I'll stop missile :spergin: now.

:v:

• Locked thread