Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think I'm going to get rid of interior lighting overhaul, it's way too dark. At least it looks fine outside with onix and wasteland lighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

SplitSoul posted:

Now make them Fat Man explosions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCHKBNW9ZkA

:getin:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

It's so... so... beautiful.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Now make them Fat Man explosions.

Oh god yes. My one regret with dumping TTW is that I didn't bother trying to load the MIRV with tiny tots.

Looks like the main thing you nuked (takes off sunglasses) was your framerate.

YEEEEEAAAAAAAH!

(Anyhow, upload that ESP. I gotta try this.)

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 18, 2014

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Agents are GO! posted:

Oh god yes. My one regret with dumping TTW is that I didn't bother trying to load the MIRV with tiny tots.

Looks like the main thing you nuked (takes off sunglasses) was your framerate.

YEEEEEAAAAAAAH!

(Anyhow, upload that ESP. I gotta try this.)

I definitely lost all my progress on this mod when trying to upload it. :downs:

watho fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 18, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

watho posted:

Here is it in case you want to check it out. I think it needs GRA.

The ammo is 20 Gauge Explosive and it can be crafted for free at a reloading bench.

Edit: I might've accidentally lost literally all my progress...

Yeah thats not the nuke kind. :(

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Anyone ever get an issue where suddenly you can't use iron sights until you reboot the game?

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
I didn't see this in the OP, and I can't remember the name of the mod. Does anyone know the mod that got rid of all the gates on the New Vegas Strip and made it so the strip was all one open area. It didn't make any gameplay changes just got rid of the gates inside the strip.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Sounds like Strip Open. There's a similar version for Freeside.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38056/

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

watho posted:

It is only shooting one projectile. That's the weird thing.

Edit: Well, it's shooting a bunch of them but it is set to only shoot one.

There's a projectile count value on both the weapon record and the ammunition record; make sure the ammo one is set to what you want, so that it overrides the weapon one.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

Sounds like Strip Open. There's a similar version for Freeside.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38056/

Yeah, I think this is the one. Thanks.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I like Rudy ENB over Onix at the moment, but ENBs are really subjective. Roll with what you like best is what I say.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Rudy always looked like a lovely Instagram filter applied over the game to me.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Yeah, Rudy looked off to me. Gave everything a really weird blue hue. Onix looks rad though, too bad it doesn't play with Nevada Skies :(

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I see that Tale of Two Wastelands has a Project Nevada merged mod. Is there anyway to get jsawyer to work with both?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Helical Nightmares posted:

I see that Tale of Two Wastelands has a Project Nevada merged mod. Is there anyway to get jsawyer to work with both?

I got it to work last year when I used TTW by just loading whichever rebalance I wanted to take precedence last, either jsawyer or PN.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I like the idea of darker nights but I don't like the idea of being completely helpless. Has anyone found a good nevada skies brightness setting somewhere between "night is basically day" and "night is black sludge on your monitor"?

Or is there some mod that makes nighttime combat/exploration bearable?

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Mortimer posted:

I like the idea of darker nights but I don't like the idea of being completely helpless. Has anyone found a good nevada skies brightness setting somewhere between "night is basically day" and "night is black sludge on your monitor"?

I'm sure there would be a flashlight mod somewhere. It'd actually be pretty cool if you could only see 20 feet or so, it'd make it more interesting / scary / survival like in my opinion. NV to me, as I've said a few times, doesn't feel apocalyptic, it just feels like living in a desert.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

itsjustdrew posted:

I'm sure there would be a flashlight mod somewhere. It'd actually be pretty cool if you could only see 20 feet or so, it'd make it more interesting / scary / survival like in my opinion. NV to me, as I've said a few times, doesn't feel apocalyptic, it just feels like living in a desert.

fallout's main theme isn't post-apocalypse, it's post nuclear :spergin: there's a difference.

It would seem scary sure, but it's actually not fun at all considering the enemies can see you just fine. There are flashlight mods but I'd rather not be required to carry around a flashlight 24/7.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Mortimer posted:

fallout's main theme isn't post-apocalypse, it's post nuclear :spergin: there's a difference.

It would seem scary sure, but it's actually not fun at all considering the enemies can see you just fine. There are flashlight mods but I'd rather not be required to carry around a flashlight 24/7.

Yeah, of course, and if you want to be pedantic Mr. Nuclear, why would you need a flashlight in the daylight hours :spergin:. But no, honestly I have no idea what mod you'd need, just throwing it out there as I've never had your problem, just trying to help. :)

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Mortimer posted:

Enhanced shaders ENB (without any other weather mods). Link is in my previous post.

You can also fine-tune the night brightness from the ENB menu, if you wish to do so.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

itsjustdrew posted:

There is indeed a flashlight mod. I have yet to test it out, but I know that an older mod had some glitches and took a toll on the frame rate.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

There is indeed a flashlight mod. I have yet to test it out, but I know that an older mod had some glitches and took a toll on the frame rate.

It's fairly okay, but you can really tell the lighting engine wasn't made to handle this kind of dynamic lights.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
I decided to load up a new game of New Vegas with some mods installed. Most are cosmetic: Nevada Clear Skies, HD texture packs, plus some quality of life/fun mods like Perks Every Level, Bottle That Water and increased carry capacity.

I've also tried installing the Craft Pack, but I can't seem to get it to work. It recommends ModFusion for the installation, but that crashes for me. I've started using Mod Organizer as that's been the most reliable to date, but I can't seem to get it to integrate Craft Pack correctly. Does anyone know how to get Craft Pack (or any really good crafting mod) installed via Mod Organizer?

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

User0015 posted:

I decided to load up a new game of New Vegas with some mods installed. Most are cosmetic: Nevada Clear Skies, HD texture packs, plus some quality of life/fun mods like Perks Every Level, Bottle That Water and increased carry capacity.

I've also tried installing the Craft Pack, but I can't seem to get it to work. It recommends ModFusion for the installation, but that crashes for me. I've started using Mod Organizer as that's been the most reliable to date, but I can't seem to get it to integrate Craft Pack correctly. Does anyone know how to get Craft Pack (or any really good crafting mod) installed via Mod Organizer?

Put the mod fusion folder outside of mod organizer then run the exe thru MO, that s how I got it to work. Make shore to have all your other mods in place before you do this.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Now that it's been mentioned, Perk Every Level isn't working for me. Does it conflict with Project Nevada?

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

razorrozar posted:

Now that it's been mentioned, Perk Every Level isn't working for me. Does it conflict with Project Nevada?

PN rebalance does, it has it's own perk rate control.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

chitoryu12 posted:

Don't bother, it's terrible (not that you should blame the author, the game just doesn't support stuff like this).

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I'm planning on siding with the Legion on my next game. Can any of you guys tell me if Caesar's New Regime is any good?

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!

dbzfandiego posted:

Put the mod fusion folder outside of mod organizer then run the exe thru MO, that s how I got it to work. Make shore to have all your other mods in place before you do this.

running ModFusion results in a crash when it tries to 'load mods'. Executing it through MO doesn't change anything and still ends up crashing.

Trying to add it directly through MO confuses it due to the data/directory structure (I guess? I don't know anything about F:NV mods) and my attempts at getting it to work fail. Frustrating, as I'd like to craft cool stuff instead of just looting it off vendors.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Is Nexus being more poo poo than usual for downloads for anyone else? I'm getting 5 bytes per second atm. Even tried their NMM and it can't get a download going.

I wish people uploaded their mods to at least 1 other site and not just the Nexus, mirrors are good!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

I'm planning on siding with the Legion on my next game. Can any of you guys tell me if Caesar's New Regime is any good?

The new armors are neat, but there's a lot of bloat to it.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Cerepol posted:

Is Nexus being more poo poo than usual for downloads for anyone else? I'm getting 5 bytes per second atm. Even tried their NMM and it can't get a download going.

I wish people uploaded their mods to at least 1 other site and not just the Nexus, mirrors are good!

I've been having trouble downloading large files for a couple days now. The download just fails halfway through.

Speaking of large files, and mirrors, is Weapons of the New Millenia hosted elsewhere? I could swear there was a mirror on Happy Gecko at some point.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Republican Vampire posted:

I've been having trouble downloading large files for a couple days now. The download just fails halfway through.

Speaking of large files, and mirrors, is Weapons of the New Millenia hosted elsewhere? I could swear there was a mirror on Happy Gecko at some point.

A-HA! I found out I can trick it, by pausing and restarting on IDM. They are resumable downloads so it gives it a nice kick and starts it downloading again.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Just picked this up (have played on 360 but never the dlc) given that the whole package was seven bucks on steam.

But, uh...modding seems really complex.

I want to play jsawyer and also have whatever mod it is that makes things prettier--sky, etc.

What should I go for?

Also, is the convict siege at primm actually threatening with jsawyer? Because LT Hayes and his ncr armor and service rifle could clear it by himself on 360, which I felt was silly.

Similarly, is black mountain dangerous again?

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

FairGame posted:

Just picked this up (have played on 360 but never the dlc) given that the whole package was seven bucks on steam.

But, uh...modding seems really complex.

I want to play jsawyer and also have whatever mod it is that makes things prettier--sky, etc.

What should I go for?

Also, is the convict siege at primm actually threatening with jsawyer? Because LT Hayes and his ncr armor and service rifle could clear it by himself on 360, which I felt was silly.

Similarly, is black mountain dangerous again?
It seems more complicated than it is, mostly due to antiquated UI design. Just pay attention to your load order and use either FOMM or Mod Organizer. You should probably be running with NVSE, the NVAC plugin, and the NVSE 4GB loader. You can find these in the OP.

As for the specific stuff you asked about? The PC version has the decreased spawns from the patched console versions. You're gonna gane something like IWS or rePopulated wasteland to fit that, but keep in mind that those cuts were made for a reason. The RAM ceiling crash happens stupid often. JSawyer works fine on its own. Just make sure it's right below all the esms in your load order.

Also you should probably get Project Nevada and disable its rebalance. It's just a huge improvement on how the game plays, and if you run it without the rebalance it plays nice with JSawyer.

e: Seriously, can anyone rehost weapons of the new Millenia on Mega or something for me? The nexus routinely shits itself at sixty megs even with a download manager.

Republican Vampire fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 20, 2014

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
It'd be loving great if the nexus let me pick which god drat server I want to download from instead of trying the same one over and over :argh:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

It'd be loving great if the nexus let me pick which god drat server I want to download from instead of trying the same one over and over :argh:

I have no idea why they thought not letting you pick a server was an upgrade. :nexus:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

That's pretty cool, I'm glad someone shelled out for :nexus:.

After having my 500mb download stuck at 99.9% (as in I need 32kb more to download) for several hours, I finally got the nexus to serve me a new download link so I could get IDM to resume and get that loving last 32kb of data! Thanks :nexus: for being a great place to download mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I too want to download the Millenial gun pack and have cool guns, but I can't be assed to download 4 parts.