Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

This would be especially hilarious because almost nobody has enough shotgun auraxiums to qualify, and the ones that do are already extremely good at infuriating people with them using the Jackhammer

You're forgetting about D117, I'm pretty sure someone in that outfit has auraxiums on every shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like instead of the hipfire COF, the number that changed was the bloom per shot on the SAW, meaning that the new attachment is a combo flash suppressor/adv grip after all

ALSO a fun side-effect, we now know how much worse the suppressor makes your bloom! Going from 0.07 to 0.084 means it's about 20% worse. Personally I don't consider bloom to be a noticable thing with the SAW if you're burst firing so yayyyy this is even better.

Field testing I've done with the flash suppressor has it having zero effect on the spread until about round 10-16 of the burst (depending on the gun) sooooo, not gonna be a difference at all I think

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So the Betelgeuse will have a built-in Compensator, which an Orion can't have, and a 65-round magazine that reloads in the exact same time a regular Orion reloads?

So basically it's a better Orion then.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I completely forgot underbarrel shotguns were even a thing in this game. I had to look it up on the wikia to make sure I just wasn't mixing up some games.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nakar posted:

So the Betelgeuse will have a built-in Compensator, which an Orion can't have, and a 65-round magazine that reloads in the exact same time a regular Orion reloads?

So basically it's a better Orion then.

Built in flash suppressor, it gets worse bloom per shot as well

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CupBoy posted:

Haha, looks like they forgot to renew the domain used for their name servers (sonyonline.net) :downs:

Temporary hosts file fix: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2ar1o4/getting_this_error_on_launch_any_ideas/cixwm3p

Dunno if anyone mentioned this but if you did this and wanna play today, undo it. It'll load like normal but when you pick your duder and try to play it'll close out. Undoing it will have you download a 313mb patch and then you should be good.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I'd rather see an elite version of the Terminus than the stock Pulsar. Whatever though, the stock Pulsar is okay so anything they do to it will be an improvement. What I'm really eager for is the Gauss Rifle variant that they will release. That gun is like an Anchor for a Medic, which is to say it's a great gun already.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hajj Podge posted:

I'd rather see an elite version of the Terminus than the stock Pulsar. Whatever though, the stock Pulsar is okay so anything they do to it will be an improvement. What I'm really eager for is the Gauss Rifle variant that they will release. That gun is like an Anchor for a Medic, which is to say it's a great gun already.

Well the Terminus already is the elite version of the stock Pulsar so that niche is filled

Pulsar is a solid gun, we've just gotta wait to see what they choose to tinker with. Given that DPM is such a problem for the VS I'd say give it another 5 rounds, or even another 10. Can't change the scope and it's a 3.4x+ so that limits the options as well

v v v if it ends up being the best performing, it'll be because it's already the best performing (as the turbo sperg equivalents it has are the MSW and Anchor, not the CARV/SAW) I think. The GODSAW will be able to kill THREE MAXES before having to reload. THREE. MAXES. v v v

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 18, 2014

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The default AR variants are basically marksman versions of the originals. Since none of them but the Gauss Rifle are really what I'd call "marksman weapons" I'm dubious of the value of the Unity and Darkstar, but I guess we'll see. It's possible they're not penalized for the integral HVA on top of the integral Compensator, so it might be nice.

The LMG variants seem to be of the greatest benefit as long as you're not spraying and praying. Tons of ammo, 1x Reflex, Grip+Comp combo, you just have to deal with the worse bloom and such. Truly Malorn has heard our words and buffed the CARV, although if the Betelgeuse stays like it is it might end up the best of the three just for being an Orion+.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
The only thing I don't like about what they're proposing is being stuck with a lovely 3.4x on my ARs. At the very least we should get to choose our optics, even if its limited compared to other weapon options.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Horizontal Tree posted:

The only thing I don't like about what they're proposing is being stuck with a lovely 3.4x on my ARs. At the very least we should get to choose our optics, even if its limited compared to other weapon options.

I just hope it's the crosshairs (NC only for 3.4x right?) and not the dumb red dot.

I'd at least like to be able to choose between the default scope or the irons

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I guess I kind of wish that Vanu had a better gimmick for their guns than "no bullet drop" that way we could get something like the possible NC shotgun attachment for their elite shotgun.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Is this a double xp weekend?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Eonwe posted:

I guess I kind of wish that Vanu had a better gimmick for their guns than "no bullet drop" that way we could get something like the possible NC shotgun attachment for their elite shotgun.
IRNV Thanatos with Underbarrel Smoke Launcher. :getin:

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

I just hope it's the crosshairs (NC only for 3.4x right?) and not the dumb red dot.

I'd at least like to be able to choose between the default scope or the irons

It's made worse by both VS 3.4x's being utter poo poo.
At least give us irons and 2x options.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nakar posted:

IRNV Thanatos with Underbarrel Smoke Launcher. :getin:

Everyone gets cranky when I use my underbarrel smoke launcher. :smith:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Hahaha wow the SAW/Carv get 50 rounds the orion gets 15? not even 25? I love how we get a fancy pulsar for the AR because who the gently caress would ever go back to that PoS after they got the terminus which is better in every regard?

A fancy cycler/gauss rifle, yes those are awesome loving guns. A fancy pulsar? not unless your buffing it because its entirely worse then the NS-11a which we all got for free.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

We can always hope for an underbarrel PPA launcher and watch as the collective NC and TR pubbies brains just explode. :psyboom:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Da Mott Man posted:

We can always hope for an underbarrel PPA launcher and watch as the collective NC and TR pubbies brains just explode. :psyboom:

Not really because you'd get 2 PPA shots which mostly would suck since the key is to have a neverending stream of PPA jizz everywhere. :pcgaming:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I won't ever get the godsaw because that would involve auraxing four not Gauss Saw LMGs.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fart Car '97 posted:

I won't ever get the godsaw because that would involve auraxing four not Gauss Saw LMGs.

It's a very unique problem. Maybe after 10,000 kills with the default you'll get one out of pity? Like, "here you go man, you probably deserve this"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Give VS MAXs PPA arms. tia SOE

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Arghy posted:

Hahaha wow the SAW/Carv get 50 rounds the orion gets 15? not even 25?
The Betelgeuse also still has a short reload, unlike the GODSAW and Butcher which have only the long reload. It's perfectly fine, 15 extra rounds on the Orion is loving great.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
TR platoon chats that devolve into arguments about denying cultural atrocities (i.e. slavery in the states, UK colonies, Nazi Germany etc) are some of the best times to just gently caress off in the VR Trainer and have a good chuckle, all while 13 year olds opine and tryhards complain about why comms never work and command chat is shat the gently caress up.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

vigorous sodomy posted:

TR platoon chats that devolve into arguments about denying cultural atrocities (i.e. slavery in the states, UK colonies, Nazi Germany etc) are some of the best times to just gently caress off in the VR Trainer and have a good chuckle, all while 13 year olds opine and tryhards complain about why comms never work and command chat is shat the gently caress up.
Wait so you're saying there are literally TR players who say Hitler did nothing wrong? :godwin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nakar posted:

Wait so you're saying there are literally TR players who say Hitler did nothing wrong? :godwin:

Buzzcut aside (and Sturmgrenadier's name), there are a lot of milsperg outfits across games that do this stuff. There are (or were? Does RO even have people anymore?) German themed outfits in Red Orchestra that say 'Good guys win' at the end of a round.

eonwe fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 18, 2014

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Nakar posted:

He had a lot of good ideas I mean he commissioned the Volkswagen and the autobahn so the whole holocaust thing is a wash.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Unless if this means firing both at the same time for double the damage this isn't going to be very good

I guess it's time to grind that portable hacksaw

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Nakar posted:

The Betelgeuse also still has a short reload, unlike the GODSAW and Butcher which have only the long reload. It's perfectly fine, 15 extra rounds on the Orion is loving great.

They have exmags why would you need a short reload to top off your huge mags? Why cant the bete have 75 rounds and a only a long reload? You realize its a loving CARV and a SAW with 150 rounds right? their not nerfed or anything so its literally slapping VS players in the face with an orion at 15+ rounds haha, "your VS of course your guns cant be equal or better then TR/NC!". The entire point is you need that short reload because your mag is so loving small--why not give it 75 rounds and a short reload

AAAAA WAIT THAT WOULD MAKE IT A SV88!

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

If anybody is still feeling that weird input lag, especially if you have a weaker computer: try toggling V-sync on, and then off again. I can't be sure of it but I'm 80% certain that at some point it must have become turned on without the checkbox reflecting it.

Ghetto Prince posted:

Is this a double xp weekend?

It is :) For non-members too. Burn those 1- and 3-day boosts!

Also play medic and get in those hellzerged amp stations and towers. If the new resource system hits soon enough, it may be your last chance to do the WEEWGGGG routine at double the efficiency :(

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Unless if this means firing both at the same time for double the damage this isn't going to be very good

Slugs on the main barrel, buckshot on the underbarrel would be really good.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

So uhhh I have 9000 certs and 16k station cash. Should I buy weapons or something with all of this? What are the Must-Haves as far as attachments and weapons go for NC? I don't "do" vehicles.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Alright so Tartan converted me:

The Phaseshift, in the proper situation, is a genocide machine. This is THE FIRST TIME I USED THE loving THING. Tartan got something like 250 kills in 2 hours sitting in a tree clicking on nerds. Holy gently caress.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I really love Hossin. There's so much cover, you rarely feel like you need to run across some horrible no-man's-land as infantry. Pretty much the opposite of trying to push into Crossroads Watchtower from the bottom right of Indar which is always the worst thing imaginable. I tend to be the kind of person who goes the longer way around to get behind people as well, and Hossin's terrain definitely encourages that playstyle.

Similarly, the density + canopy allows me to flank unseen in a tank a lot more easily than the other continents where you're gonna get spotted immediately, probably by aircraft that will effortlessly annihilate you. It gives infantry more hiding places to pop out and rocket or C4 you, but even in an AP/enforcer Vanguard that sucks poo poo against infantry I vastly prefer that to getting blown up by an ESF/lib/gal that I can do absolutely nothing against.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Hey, :soe: just released a bunch of tips for earning lots of points and ways to maximize your spm! They also indicated that people who play with their outfit earn 50% more exp than soloing.

So here's a list of the best, top scoring outfits in the game! Maybe they're recruiting?

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Gonkish posted:

The Phaseshift, in the proper situation, is a genocide machine. This is THE FIRST TIME I USED THE loving THING. Tartan got something like 250 kills in 2 hours sitting in a tree clicking on nerds. Holy gently caress.

I told you all the Phaseshift was good from day one, but nerds can't enjoy things like "charge up" and "slower bullets" despite the big advantages it has.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Gonkish posted:

3 of those were definitely me and I was looking for him for like 10 loving minutes :argh:

Popcornicus
Nov 22, 2007

Gonkish posted:

Is that a Biolab tree? I have to try this thing.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Didn't know I enjoyed sniping until Tartantory showed me today, so I TKed him. Phaseshitter squad #1

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Popcornicus posted:

Is that a Biolab tree? I have to try this thing.

There are a lot of trees outside the NE Hossin warpgate. Fallbridge Chemical makes it trivial to get into them. We sat up there for almost two hours farming NC, eventually leading to them having like 3 tanks and a few engi turrets shooting at the treetops non-stop to suppress us. It was glorious. (Tartan got something like 150 kills in one life and ended up getting a tell from a GM.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Hey, :soe: just released a bunch of tips for earning lots of points and ways to maximize your spm! They also indicated that people who play with their outfit earn 50% more exp than soloing.

It's true, I get a 50% squad boost when I play with GOKU. :smug:

• Locked thread