Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Mr Dog posted:

The second item table is probably junk in an IO buffer or something. Unless it's static data inside the game binary itself in which case I have no idea what the gently caress.

Actually, it's even sillier than that.

When you press the start button, online or offline, the game copies over the tables to a separate location. No seriously.

They do it at the new "Loading Calibration" step some of you may have noticed.

Oh, and they copy it to a fixed location. Presumably they did this so they wouldn't have to patch the executable every they change some online bits around.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Actually, it's even sillier than that.

When you press the start button, online or offline, the game copies over the tables to a separate location. No seriously.

They do it at the new "Loading Calibration" step some of you may have noticed.

So they copy *both* tables to a new location? Why having two then? The values won't change just because you move them, that makes no sense.

I mean, locating them would not be that hard either, since I am sure the values inside them won't change.

Tallgeese posted:

Oh, and they copy it to a fixed location.

Only once? And after you are done playing back to it's original?

:psyduck:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

EDIT: OK yeah.

What they do is this:

Step 1) Load calibration patch into some area of memory when user presses start at the title screen.

Step 2) Copy patch over to the memory location that defines weapon stats etc. You're still at the title screen.

Step 3) When the user loads a game, wipe out the extra calibration patch table copy, leaving only the patched original.

Step 4) Repeat Steps 1, 2, and 3 if the user quits to the title screen and presses start again.

They don't use the extra table for anything except to copy some stuff over, then they discard it. Which is fine, but I'm not exactly sure why you need to load the calibration again when the user quits.

Well, it's not an anti-cheat then. You were right.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 18, 2014

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Pvp report part 2:

An infused pate's spear is the most amazing thing, jesus this thing pumps out so much damage.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I made a couple more videos, giving a glance at four more DLC weapons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNdsVexAhgc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgJITwVS5S0

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

They really need to patch in a level cap and get rid of SM already.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

http://www.twitch.tv/brandon505/c/4656599

my god

bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

:|
watching Oroboro myself, he just got hooked up with all upgraded DLC items..

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I've been trying out the new weapons they added in PVP. Aside from the lodestone sword they're all kinda garbage. Not that great damage and kinda bleh, if unique, movesets.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
A guy on 4chan just got into the dlc area (spoiler sort of) past the closed door.

Kiran
Jul 4, 2013

Genocyber posted:

I've been trying out the new weapons they added in PVP. Aside from the lodestone sword they're all kinda garbage. Not that great damage and kinda bleh, if unique, movesets.

Please don't use hacked items against other players, it's kind of obnoxious. :smith:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought you can't heal in pvp anymore? He just used great heal and chugged an estus.

e: Oh I'm dumb and this was recorded.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kiran posted:

Please don't use hacked items against other players, it's kind of obnoxious. :smith:

Because using garbage weapons gives so much of an advantage.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Genocyber posted:

aren't you the guy that was talking about editting in unlimited durability cheating and hacking? and yet you're using hacked weapons you can only get by hacking in PVP? a hypocrite and an e honor retard, who would have thought

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

aren't you the guy that was talking about editting in unlimited durability cheating and hacking? and yet you're using hacked weapons you can only get by hacking in PVP? a hypocrite and an e honor retard, who would have thought

lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Genocyber posted:

Perhaps not, but using weapons in PVP that nobody else can currently use unless they also cheat is pretty lame and makes you a tool. :shrug:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 19, 2014

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

good one. like CJacobs said, you're a big tool, for more reasons than one.

anyways, any cool new armor sets?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Perhaps not, but using weapons in PVP that nobody else can currently use unless they also cheat is pretty lame and makes you a tool. :shrug:

how?

Bob NewSCART posted:

good one. like CJacobs said, you're a big tool, for more reasons than one.

no ur a tool

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

What do you mean 'how'? You're using weapons that other people can't use because the DLC isn't even out yet. In what way does that not make you a tool? It's not just magically acceptable to hack in weapons from an unreleased DLC for use in multiplayer because you think they suck.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Bob NewSCART posted:

That's all I care about.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

What do you mean 'how'? You're using weapons that other people can't use because the DLC isn't even out yet. In what way does that not make you a tool? It's not just magically acceptable to hack in weapons from an unreleased DLC for use in multiplayer because you think they suck.

the items are in the game and are not hard to get. If other people are too lazy to get them that's their fault

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Genocyber posted:

the items are in the game and are not hard to get. If other people are too lazy to get them that's their fault

Every time I forget that you're a loving moron you post something that reminds me. "These people are too lazy to cheat unreleased content onto their save files so there's totally no issue with me doing it RIGHT:shepface:????"

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Every time I forget that you're a loving moron you post something that reminds me.

Keep telling yourself that.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Genocyber posted:

Sorry, pal, but cheating ain't cool. Isn't it more fun to go without and use what you're given rather than cheat and get things literally nobody else can get without also cheating??

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I hack and cheat at dark souls

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Quick question about Benhart's quest: Will talking to him in Memory of Whatever cause him to disappear forever, or will he stay there until I complete his quest? I know Lucatiel disappears from Adlia's Keep after talking to her, but I think Benhart won't even show up for the Giant Lord until you talk to him.

On a related note, I've found most of the NPC summons to be pretty helpful, but I think summoning guys for Throne Watcher and Throne Defender makes the fight significantly harder, if you're trying to make them survive it anyway. Killing the bosses before they kill your phantoms pretty much requires attacking them constantly so you never have any stamina. Then both bosses will suddenly turn their attention to you and you can't roll or block. They're nothing special solo, though.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

Quick question about Benhart's quest: Will talking to him in Memory of Whatever cause him to disappear forever, or will he stay there until I complete his quest? I know Lucatiel disappears from Adlia's Keep after talking to her, but I think Benhart won't even show up for the Giant Lord until you talk to him.

On a related note, I've found most of the NPC summons to be pretty helpful, but I think summoning guys for Throne Watcher and Throne Defender makes the fight significantly harder, if you're trying to make them survive it anyway. Killing the bosses before they kill your phantoms pretty much requires attacking them constantly so you never have any stamina. Then both bosses will suddenly turn there attention to you and you can't roll or block. They're nothing special solo, though.

Benhart will chill out in the Memory forever, don't worry.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

Sorry, pal, but cheating ain't cool. Isn't it more fun to go without and use what you're given rather than cheat and get things literally nobody else can get without also cheating??

How is it cheating when it's all items in the game, bud?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Genocyber posted:

someone buy this for his loving avatar holy poo poo LMAO

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Hey is anybody else having this issue?
I purchased the season pass on steam and can go up to the door to the DLC but it always reads "Locked", restarted the game a few times and the Dragon Talon just wont add itself to my inventory.

Anything I'm missing here or is my computer just acting screwy?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Genocyber posted:

Genocyber posted:

Genocyber posted:

how?

no ur a tool

Genocyber posted:

Genocyber posted:

Genocyber posted:

stop posting please

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

The final strike of ricard's R2 is now a good bit stronger. The thing still drains crazy durability though.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Tell me how to get them without using any external program.

E: Stop posting please.

A Magical Lamp fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 19, 2014

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Genocyber posted:

you are so loving stupid. Like you have to have Down syndrome. they aren't in the game for another week, you hacked them in.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

you are so loving stupid. Like you have to have Down syndrome. they aren't in the game for another week, you hacked them in.

DLC releases on the 22. That's four days, not a week.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Genocyber posted:

DLC releases on the 22. That's four days, not a week.

Afraid of Audio posted:

stop posting please

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

The Moon Monster posted:

For some reason Lucatiel never appeared for me in her final place at Aldia's Keep, even though I'd met her in all other locations prior to that. I wouldn't have gotten her equipment anyway, since I hadn't summoned her for enough fights, but it was kind of an anticlimax since hers was the story I found most interesting of all the NPCs.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

She doesn't show up at Aldia's at all if you don't summon her three times (and have her survive).

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010

The Gorp posted:

Hey is anybody else having this issue?
I purchased the season pass on steam and can go up to the door to the DLC but it always reads "Locked", restarted the game a few times and the Dragon Talon just wont add itself to my inventory.

Anything I'm missing here or is my computer just acting screwy?

The DLC isn't actually out yet. That door should work on the 22nd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

She doesn't show up at Aldia's at all if you don't summon her three times (and have her survive).

No she does, just doesn't give you anything. Unlike Ben's her's is wholly fail-able since she disappears no matter what when you talk to her in Aldia.