Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

"I never thought I'd see a dame like you walk into the offices of Corrie Norris, Sex Gerbil. What's your poison?"

"I need you to burn down a house."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

I've found the woman of my dreams.

edit: vv well i can pretend if i have enough PBR

Admiral Bosch has a new favorite as of 00:42 on Jul 19, 2014

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Admiral Bosch posted:

I've found the woman of my dreams.

That's not a woman... :ssh:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

captainOrbital posted:

Thanks! That's the name of my steampunk metal band.

please dont rip off my steamfunk band, flubadelic faux paslament

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i guess the "you" caption means its a nazi with self-awareness. never thought id see the day.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is beautiful.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

quote:

It looks like a judgmental shoelace

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Can't not read this in an auctioneer's voice.

Also that Cleese letter could go in the Cute thread, wonderful.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

davidspackage posted:

Also that Cleese letter could go in the Cute thread, wonderful.

There are are certain people that just know funny, like it's a family member or a lover.

And it kind of sucks, cause I'll never be one.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Well, it's an excellent way to make sure you DO follow the enclosed instructions...

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

I actually like Dr. Perky better than Dr. Pepper, and I will not hear anyone besmirch her name. (Dr. Perky is obviously a woman :heysexy:)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Dr. Perky is the petite blonde doctor that throws open the shades in your room suddenly while you're trying to sleep after surgery to fix all your bones after a huge car accident, saying "WAKEY WAKEY! GOOD NEWS, BUDDY, WE FIXED YOUR BONES, AND WE FOUND A BUNCH OF CANCER YOU WEREN'T AWARE OF!"

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

No joke, this is like the best cereal. Its basically Crispix that doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002
Aren't most generics basically the same as their brand name but cheaper?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

NuminaXLT posted:

Yeah but quality varies quite a bit. Some stuff is indistinguishable from the name brand, and others are just a pale imitation.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Yes. Most are even made in the same facilities.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

NuminaXLT posted:

My wife worked for a food company, and stuff they'd sell under their own brand and stuff they sold to other companies as generics came off the exact same production line.

Ed: As to why they do it, it's all about economy of scale. They can make far more than what they can sell under their own brand. Making extra as generic reduces the unit cost, so they make more money on their own, as well as what they sell to the generic seller.

There tends not to be a lot of overlap between people who buy by brand and people who buy by price, so the company doesn't cannibalize it own sales much, and sells more and makes more money overall by supplying the generic market.

Deteriorata has a new favorite as of 17:16 on Jul 19, 2014

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Deteriorata posted:

My wife worked for a food company, and stuff they'd sell under their own brand and stuff they sold to other companies as generics came off the exact same production line.

I once had a summer job at a crisps factory and they just had conveyor belts with holes in them. Top one has the largest crisps and goes to the brand name bagging station, the smaller broken ones went into the Pirato bags, which was sold at Aldi at the time.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Protip for Duke's Mayonnaise people: the Bi-Lo brand is indistinguishable and much cheaper.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

I love Food Lion's 3-liter sodas. :swoon:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I wouldn't buy this by the kilo...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

newreply.php posted:

I once had a summer job at a crisps factory and they just had conveyor belts with holes in them. Top one has the largest crisps and goes to the brand name bagging station, the smaller broken ones went into the Pirato bags, which was sold at Aldi at the time.

My friend works for a chip company here in Ohio and they make their own brand, Giant Eagle, Sams Choice, Frito Lay and Jimmy Johns chips. Probably some others but those are the only ones I know of for sure.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

stubblyhead posted:

Yeah but quality varies quite a bit. Some stuff is indistinguishable from the name brand, and others are just a pale imitation.

Surprisingly, Aldi has off-brand stuff for Fruity Pebbles and it's WAY better than the original. You open the bag and can smell it from like 50 feet away, and it tastes amazing. Sometimes you luck out depending on where you go, it's pretty rad.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ozz81 posted:

Surprisingly, Aldi has off-brand stuff for Fruity Pebbles and it's WAY better than the original. You open the bag and can smell it from like 50 feet away, and it tastes amazing. Sometimes you luck out depending on where you go, it's pretty rad.

Counterpoint: I bought Aldi peanut butter once and to this day that is some of the vilest slop I've ever tasted.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

McDonald's sells Aldi peanut butter?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
The ren faire wedding isn't what's funny to me so much as the one guy who said "gently caress that poo poo"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Wintermutant posted:

The ren faire wedding isn't what's funny to me so much as the one guy who said "gently caress that poo poo"

I like how that's Al and Peg Bundy attending a ren faire wedding.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

karl fungus posted:

Yes. Most are even made in the same facilities.

This is especially true of store brands. Other times the multiple brands are all not only produced by the same company but owned by the same company. Dean Foods owns a massive chunk of the dairy industry and you'll see entire dairy sections with a dozen brands that are all Dean. Otherwise the beverage industry is in the U.S., even down to juice, is owned by Pepsi and Coke.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Len posted:

The 1930s flapper is also out of place.
I wonder what they wrote on the invitation to end up with such a mix of themes?

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
Probably "we're having a Ren Faire wedding, please dress to theme."

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Len posted:

Aha, so THAT'S why Polk High sounded familiar

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
As for generic thunder Dr thunder taste like a cross between Mr Pib and Dr Pepper.....its well...perfect.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Wintermutant posted:

Aha, so THAT'S why Polk High sounded familiar

How could you forget? Al Bundy scored FOUR touchdowns in a SINGLE game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Where's the "after" picture? I want to know if they broke the security glass or if they just stole the whole frame from the "not security glass" mounting.

• Locked thread