Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I always thought it was really sweet that KC actually liked Richard's songs about him and tried to get them on air. It's a real shame about KC's brain problems, because from the clips I've heard of him, he seemed like a nice fellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

haljordan posted:

I haven't listened to a live show in a long time but there's literally thousands and thousands of hours of classic stuff on YouTube that still cracks me up every time I listen to it.

Such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hgl2OUo15Y

AxeManiac posted:

"KC posed for gay photographs, with a german homo"

That will never not crack me up, the absolute torment and comedy from those days is incredible. We'll always have the song parodies at least :smith:

That was hilarious. "Gay Photographs" has replaced "Give KC the beef boys" as my favorite song parody.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is a great interview with Wesley Snipes. Howard is on fire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EcT24DdjIk

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

A Keg posted:

I always thought it was really sweet that KC actually liked Richard's songs about him and tried to get them on air. It's a real shame about KC's brain problems, because from the clips I've heard of him, he seemed like a nice fellow.

Agreed. Likable guy, earnest, but ultimately I have the same kind of pity for him that I have for Crazy Alice.

:swoon: Hi Fred. :swoon:

The Human Crouton posted:

That was hilarious. "Gay Photographs" has replaced "Give KC the beef boys" as my favorite song parody.

The closest this thread comes to agreeing on anything is that "Gay Photographs" is the best KC song. The Ghostbusters one is pretty close, but that's not by Richard.

Speaking of songs, LOVE the new JD warble song to the theme from The Godfather. It's perfect.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

The closest this thread comes to agreeing on anything is that "Gay Photographs" is the best KC song.

I may have to disagree. I give you "Guys Guys Guys": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsQGi_h6ag8

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Hi, this is the head fag out at the playgirl mansion...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Does anyone know or have a clip from when they started saying 'eh eh eh' instead of Sirius? I've never heard the origin of this.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Does anyone know or have a clip from when they started saying 'eh eh eh' instead of Sirius? I've never heard the origin of this.

When they were still on terrestrial radio, they had been asked not to spend all their time promoting Sirius, since it was a competing service. The specific "eh eh eh" thing might have been connected with that wrestler who was pretending to have Tourette's. Gold Dust?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Sand Monster posted:

I may have to disagree. I give you "Guys Guys Guys": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsQGi_h6ag8

The funniest part of this whole song is that Richard lived in Orlando, Florida for many years and the Ramrod in Ft Lauderdale is still open for business.

Does anyone have a quick link to the KC parody of For Those About To Rock?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

prefect posted:

When they were still on terrestrial radio, they had been asked not to spend all their time promoting Sirius, since it was a competing service. The specific "eh eh eh" thing might have been connected with that wrestler who was pretending to have Tourette's. Gold Dust?

They also got a one day suspension and couldn't use the Sirius name anymore.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-11-07-stern-suspension_x.htm?csp=34

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Riosan posted:

The funniest part of this whole song is that Richard lived in Orlando, Florida for many years and the Ramrod in Ft Lauderdale is still open for business.

Oh my god there is really a Ramrod in Ft. Lauderdale? I am going there if I ever am in Ft. Lauderdale, I don't care if dudes in pink thongs are swinging from chandeliers.

PS I agree Guys, guys guys is the best KC song.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
If there is one thing I'm happy to flip flop on, it's which Gay KC song is the best. Cause they all are.

Gay KC, KC's a homo, Gay KC (anyone know which song that is? I can sing it, but drat if I can remember it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZyGoIk_AXY
One of the better reasons for Cabbie existing

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

If there is one thing I'm happy to flip flop on, it's which Gay KC song is the best. Cause they all are.

Gay KC, KC's a homo, Gay KC (anyone know which song that is? I can sing it, but drat if I can remember it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZyGoIk_AXY
One of the better reasons for Cabbie existing

What song are you referring to, the one in the video? If so, 'Yesterday' by The Beatles. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What song are you referring to, the one in the video? If so, 'Yesterday' by The Beatles. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

Oh, sorry, I meant the "Gay KC, KC's a homo, yeaaah" disco sounding one.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

AxeManiac posted:

Oh, sorry, I meant the "Gay KC, KC's a homo, yeaaah" disco sounding one.
Shake Your Booty by KC And The Sunshine Band.

Every one of Richard's KC songs is my faaaavourite. They're all fantastic.

Just wondering, who did the Baba Booey song parody of Don't You Want Me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRj46Ui3srk&t=2m17s

Celery Face fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 19, 2014

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Now you guys have got me listening to KC stuff. "...you put a sock on your pin..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A43zGO7CmZw

I love the way Jackie laughs and laughs at KC's being an idiot. :allears:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
For those guys who suck cock weee saaalllluuute you!

For those guys who suck cock weee saaalllluuute you!

For those guys who suck cock!

ORGASM

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

It really feels like Richard doesn't do anything anymore since he really only teams up with Sal who is just a lump.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

EngineerJoe posted:

It really feels like Richard doesn't do anything anymore since he really only teams up with Sal who is just a lump.

Sadly Richard lost his love and respect for Howard, so he no longer tries to please him and just sends his time trying to urinate with his good buddy Sal.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

AxeManiac posted:

Sadly Richard lost his love and respect for Howard, so he no longer tries to please him and just sends his time trying to urinate with his good buddy Sal.

I remember the bit where Richard played drums in studio and loving Ralph had the nerve to call up and tell Richard how lovely he thought he sounded.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 20, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

When did this happen? Was there some sort of falling out between Howard and Richard?

Man, while I love going through the golden years of the show, it really bums me out how it's just not the same anymore. I'm glad I still have a bunch of stuff to catch up with, though that's running out.

And I could listen to that 4-hour long Tradio/Prank call compilation every drat day of the week.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Pretty sure that's just his opinion, I cannot and will not even consider that Richard harbors ill will towards any living human being.

He's just a kind, swell guy.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

You guys shouldn't speak ill of my graaaaaaaaandsoooooon Rusty. He just learned to pump off, thats why he isn't in studio much anymore.

This is Norma Stitz by the way.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Cliche Guevara posted:

Pretty sure that's just his opinion, I cannot and will not even consider that Richard harbors ill will towards any living human being.

He's just a kind, swell guy.

Well yeah, I don't know for sure, but Richard clearly doesn't have the love for Howard he once did. I think being too close to him wore that off. Back when he was submitting songs as a fan, he probably imagined working with Howard would be a blast, and then from everything you hear about the dude it is just crushing to be around him. I don't think anyone tries or pushes to be on the air with Howard as much, Richard would be just as happy to be sitting in the back room with Sal, probably more so now.

I don't think Richard is capable of hate either. Someone could be stabbing him to death and he would be like "Say, that's a nice knife".

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

I don't think Richard is capable of hate either. Someone could be stabbing him to death and he would be like "Say, that's a nice knife".

"That's just like the one Michael Myers used. HALLOWEEN is my faaaavorite. The movie and the holiday."

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Holy jeesus

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm more offended that someone gave Benjy food as a gift than the schtick outfit. Food is the last thing that tub needs.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

a cop posted:

Holy jeesus

You know the thing about Brnjy, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the ocean turns red and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin' they all come in and rip you to pieces.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I don't like Benjy anymore.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I've always hated Benjy except when he does ridiculous poo poo like getting fingered.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

A Keg posted:

I don't like Benjy anymore.

Don't worry, once Howard's contract is over I'm pretty certain you'll never hear about him ever again.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Vakal posted:

Don't worry, once Howard's contract is over I'm pretty certain you'll never hear about him ever again.

There's a non-zero chance he does some internet comedy start-up thing for awhile and gets a promo about it by doing something zany somewhere. But after that, yea, nothing.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

There's a non-zero chance he does some internet comedy start-up thing for awhile and gets a promo about it by doing something zany somewhere. But after that, yea, nothing.

So basically Stuttering John after Leno left the Tonight Show.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Former Human posted:

So basically Stuttering John after Leno left the Tonight Show.

Without the 6 figure income

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Vakal posted:

Looks like somebody ain't banking on Sharknado 3: A shark shits out Benjy

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/sal-stockbrokers-sleazy-deal

Was this ever brought up on air?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Never directly that I can remember; if they admitted that thesmokinggun.com is a trustworthy source, they wouldn't be able to pretend there's nothing about Howard on there.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Can I taste your juice?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Get the poison out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004