Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I assume that means the Red Lotus are the four superbenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I assume that means the Red Lotus are the four superbenders.

Or that it's a GoT crossover episode.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
There's only one episode this week right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SirKibbles posted:

There's only one episode this week right?

Nope. 2 a week until the end.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

theblackw0lf posted:

Episode titles for all episodes have been released

http://kidstvinfo.com/eplists/nick/the-legend-of-korra.txt

201 Jun-27-2014 A Breath of Fresh Air
202 Jun-27-2014 Rebirth
203 Jun-27-2014 The Earth Queen
204 Jul-11-2014 In Harm's Way
205 Jul-11-2014 The Metal Clan
206 Jul-18-2014 Old Wounds
207 Jul-18-2014 Original Airbenders
208 Jul-25-2014 The Terror Within
209 Jul-25-2014 The Stakeout
210 Aug-1-2014 Long Live the Queen
211 Aug-1-2014 The Ultimatum
212 Aug-8-2014 Enter the Void
213 Aug-8-2014 Venom of the Red Lotus

I guess we haven't heard the last of The Earth Queen.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Varrick is the best.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

computer parts posted:

I guess we haven't heard the last of The Earth Queen.
It's great to know they're gonna follow up on that.

Also, holy poo poo, Lin.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
All was not well in the family Bei Fong. :stare:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I think I love this show again, guys.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
Jessie Flower (voice of Toph) doing the voice of young Suyin... :allears:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Jorghnassen posted:

Jessie Flower (voice of Toph) doing the voice of young Suyin... :allears:

I knew I recognized that voice! :neckbeard:

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
That was pretty much one of the most fun fights to watch that I can remember...

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
His name is literally Otaku. This loving show. :allears:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Goddammit Tenzin how did you gently caress this up?

Also Meelo's star continues to rise.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Turns out the third time is the charm with this show. S3 has finally gotten it into a groove.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
That was the closest thing to a good old fashioned filler/worldbuilding episode this show has had in quite some time. A one-off villain, some interpersonal conflict, and great character development. I loved it.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Oh my god, previous earth king's pet bear :(

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
^It's hearsay, dammit! :ohdear:
The writer of tonight's first episode, Katie Matilla, was a production co-ordinator/production assistant/writer's assistant for the original series. She is credited as the writer for Zuko's story in Tales of Ba Sing Se (the one where he goes on a date) and The Beach.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Spergatory posted:

That was the closest thing to a good old fashioned filler/worldbuilding episode this show has had in quite some time. A one-off villain, some interpersonal conflict, and great character development. I loved it.

Jesus, did you see the bison tail he was wearing as a cape? gently caress him. And the Earth Queen ate Bosco. She is definitely coming back.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I actually gasped when Lin got her scar. And then they followed it up with Toph covering the whole thing up out of guilt for her failures as a parent, at the price of hurting Lin.
Like holy poo poo, that's really heavy, in a way that it feels this show has been afraid to go for some time.

Also I'm pretty sure the cops that chased the Fearsome Foursome are dead. We had a shot of their cars starting to catch fire and then abruptly cut away.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 19, 2014

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I loving lost it when shaved head guy actually felt the net coming. It was already the best gag in the episode, but the fact that it was actually useful just pushed it over the top.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Spergatory posted:

I loving lost it when shaved head guy actually felt the net coming. It was already the best gag in the episode, but the fact that it was actually useful just pushed it over the top.
And then he started selling shaving your head to everyone else.

Those were both great episodes. Some of the best Airbender I've seen in a long time.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So we've more or less confirmed that Zaheer is probably using the same astral projection Jinora was, so points for whoever brought that theory up a few pages ago.

That fight between Lin and Suyin was great. Honestly all the fights this season have been superb, it really feels like we're back to inventive fantasy martial arts battles. Once again, the drama with the older Generation and the fallout from the Gaang's less than stellar parenting leads some of the most engrossing scenes.

Also I really hope Opal is getting the Kai treatment of being moved into the spotlight as a primary supporting character, because her being equal parts :3: and :black101: is growing on me a lot.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I actually gasped when Lin got her scar. And then they followed it up with Toph covering the whole thing up out of guilt for her failures as a parent, at the price of hurting Lin.
Like holy poo poo, that's really heavy, in a way that it feels this show has been afraid to go for some time.

Also I'm pretty sure the cops that chased the Fearsome Foursome are dead. We had a shot of their cars starting to catch fire and then abruptly cut away.

Super heating rock into lava is just such a great idea. It really blurs the lines between bending that points back to how bending started out as one, not separate. Sandbending, steam, lava, etc.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

awwwwww all those baby Sky Bison :3:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
So is the Red Lotus Zaheer's gang?

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 19, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

So is the Red Lotus be Zaheer's gang?
I can't really see it being anything else.

Also holy poo poo, ya'll. We only do this for three more weeks.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Spergatory posted:

I would watch Avatar: The LastLaziest Airbender starring Ryu and Otaku

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
The Airbending episode also helped answer the question of where all the spirits are, IE; they hang around in nature and tend to gently caress off in response to bad mojo.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
1. loving Otaku
2. Nonvisible servant class air acolytes
3. I'm really happy that Kai didn't get to break the baby air bisons
4. NOT THE BEAR!
5. Spanish dub is way superior to Jinora's weirdly adult voice
6. Haha, gently caress a thousand years of tradition, we're here to get militant. The Nation of Airbending will probably treat its people as Israeli youth and informally draft their asses for a few years before shipping them back to their villages to be wind shinobi. Let's pray that one of the air temples isn't currently inhabited by sandbenders.

Sithsaber fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 19, 2014

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Great episodes. Particularly loved the Airbenders. Airbending training looks fun as hell, Meelo remains the best character on this show and when the baby sky bison started to fly and were rolling around not really able to :3:

Really really happy with this season guys

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Sithsaber posted:

6. Haha, gently caress a thousand years of tradition, we're here to get militant. The Nation of Airbending will probably treat its people as Israeli youth and informally draft their asses for a few years before shipping them back to their villages to be wind shinobi. Let's pray that one of the air temples isn't currently inhabited by sandbenders.

Otaku will bust a Wind Style: RasenShuriken out of nowhere :v:

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

It's already begun.

Let's expunge the romance from our minds by contemplating element "bending" violence that will come from the Air Nation invasion of Sandycity.

Are dropping spirit bombs a war crime? Should terrorist combatants be protected by the fireneva convention? Do ethnically diverse harmonically chosen people have a right to build settlements on land already used by bendingbedoin? Has Raava abandoned the region?

Sithsaber fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 19, 2014

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Spergatory posted:

I'm not surprised, it doesn't have negative connotations for an overwhelmingly large chunk of their audience; I like it when they do stuff like this since it shows they like their audience.

e: Edit, that was totally a bulbasaur I wasn't the only one to see that was I!? :D

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 19, 2014

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Man, I can't believe Toph turned a blind eye to crime like that

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Fried Chicken posted:

I know you're making a lovely pun, but it is actually an interesting development. That is the exact kind of behaviour young Toph would have condemned as absolute bullshit. It is unjust in a very real way.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Fried Chicken posted:

if you really think about it, Toph wouldn't be someone who followed the law to the letter. her police force was meant to pacify a populous prone to ethnic strife, not crack down on petty crime.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Squidster posted:

I know you're making a lovely pun, but it is actually an interesting development. That is the exact kind of behaviour young Toph would have condemned as absolute bullshit. It is unjust in a very real way.

I don't know. Toph did a lot of similar things herself, both before she met the Gang and after. Toph scammed people for money, remember? She's been in both positions. Her kids are both a lot like her in their own ways and we know that it had an impact on her because she retired not long after.

I really do like that Toph is a pretty bad mom in exactly the way you'd expect Toph to be a pretty bad mom though.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Squidster posted:

There is nothing lovely about that pun.

Also, fun fact, Jessie Flower (Toph) voiced young Suyin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
I can safely say this show has finally become everything I wanted it to be. If only it could've been this in the first two books.

• Locked thread