Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

M_Sinistrari posted:

As the one person on my facebook who was trying to get disability to get out of working ended up quitting anyway, she's been filling the time with more of this stuff.

My inflammation often talks to me as well.

quote:

How does that work? Are we all secretly missing our left hemisphere? Are hemispheres, themselves, conspiracies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Tracula posted:

So apparently on board the plane that got shot down there were some important and well known HIV/AIDS researchers. How long till the conspiracy theories crop up on FB and the like saying that the Illuminati or whoever else did it?

ahahaha are you serious, it was less than 20 minutes before the /r/conspiracy idiots were on it and less than a day before troubling evidence linking it to the jewsIsraelis was "uncovered"

bean_shadow posted:

All I replied with was something like, "Since when have you guys ever been quiet?"

The sad part is that the image is 100% correct, just not in the way intended by the people who share it.

DemeaninDemon posted:

In other social idiots news: who's at fault when a man can't get his plumbing to fill up?

VidaGrey
Mar 19, 2009

The more I see of men, the more I like dogs.

Bitches be crazy! :rolleye:

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Zero Star posted:

And here's someone I went to school with:

I was under the impression it was generally English that was spoke in Britain?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Araenna posted:

My inflammation often talks to me as well.

How does that work? Are we all secretly missing our left hemisphere? Are hemispheres, themselves, conspiracies?
Haven't you ever heard about in one ear, out the other? The right ear is the "in" ear, so it sucks up all the Phone Waves and slams them directly into your brain.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Amused to Death posted:

I was under the impression it was generally English that was spoke in Britain?

Maybe they're Welsh?

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014
Too many vowels.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Follow your dreams, like Groverhaus did

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

"true story"

Ugh.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Knowing furries I'd unfortunately say that this is poo poo that did happen.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Remember, folks, if you have any sort of problem at all with the way Israel is handing the Gaza situation, you're literally condoning rocket attacks against civilians and also you're a racist! :downs: But look what a progressive shining example of tolerance I am. :smug:

Thankfully the person who posted this is already not my friend, so I don't have to go to the trouble of deleting him.

(I've got some blindly pro-Palestine idiots on my news feed too, but I couldn't help but share this wall o' text. People on both sides of this thing are making themselves look like morons.)

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Zero Star posted:

And here's someone I went to school with:

If I was an rear end in a top hat and if I was friends with anybody who posted like that, I'd be really tempted to post Weird Al's new Word Crimes video in the comments.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I haven't been hit yet by any of the Israel/Palestine shares yet, but the holistic/alternative crowd's still going strong with shares.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
What's Bill Gates doing there?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

These always seem to pick the easiest possible things to complain about. "HOW DO I PAY BILLS ARGH"

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Isn't your mom the one who's homeschooling you?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Byzantine posted:

These always seem to pick the easiest possible things to complain about. "HOW DO I PAY BILLS ARGH"

Granted this was back in the 80s, but my high school had a requirement where you had to take the home finance class or one of the other classes that would fill the requirement. I took the Home Ec 2 class that qualified and that covered how to shop for fresh produce/fish/meat, how to write a check, how to balance a checking account, how to budget, and the basics of starting a food centered home business along with the expected advanced cooking lessons. Even before I took the class, I already knew how to pay bills and write checks from watching my Mom do it at the kitchen table.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Byzantine posted:

If the only reason you didn't go to college is because you didn't learn how to enter your name, address, SSN, and either your or your parents' credit card information into an online form designed to be exceptionally idiot-proof--when I was in uni, California State University divided each of those into an individual step each--then there's probably a different reason you didn't make it into higher education.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

"Compound interest? That's where I withdraw everything out of my account and put it back in every week so the bank will give me more money, right?"

Yes, I know, the compound interest formula isn't a polynomial, shut up

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

An old friend I keep around for the thread posted some dumb "three minutes to destroy Obama's gun control plan" video and got called out.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Ninjasaurus posted:

What's Bill Gates doing there?

Presumably, because the Bill & Malinda Gates Foundation does polio vaccine stuff, every case of cancer was caused by them handing out polio vaccines, especially the cases of cancer that happened before 1952!

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

I call shenanigans. Suction cups don't stick to fur.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Strange that this would happen the same day as someone posted this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/2azwsy/tifu_by_making_myself_into_a_dick_unicorn_using/

It's almost like someone (everyone) is lying.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

M_Sinistrari posted:

I haven't been hit yet by any of the Israel/Palestine shares yet, but the holistic/alternative crowd's still going strong with shares.

The term "monkey virus" is very scientific. Seems legit.

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

:wtc:

Aphtonites has a new favorite as of 14:01 on Jul 19, 2014

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Be grateful it wasn't a 'they stole that from duke nukem' post.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

No picture, but I have a pregnant friend who acts like her pregnancy is the most important one in the world, and recently posted about her blood pressure being high. A friend of hers commented with a link to an article and basically said "Eating vegetables will naturally lower your BP." I couldn't help but say "Imagine that. Eating health will make you healthy!"

Another one of her friends said child birth was surgery...

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Orgophlax posted:

Another one of her friends said child birth was surgery...

Well, it CAN be. I'd certainly call C-section surgery.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Well, it CAN be. I'd certainly call C-section surgery.

Obviously. But they weren't talking about having a c-section.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

M_Sinistrari posted:

But the whole point of senior year is to apply for college?

hypnotoad
Dec 16, 2007

But shakin' its all I know!
Huh, didn't know humans were a threatened species.

This guy is always posting libertarian nonsense. I almost didn't blur his profile picture, he looks like a massive goon and has a long, grossly unkempt beard.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Sometimes these comments just escalate out of nowhere. Do people constantly have visions of a horrible Skynet-Google future or something, and need to get them out there?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Excels posted:

Sometimes these comments just escalate out of nowhere. Do people constantly have visions of a horrible Skynet-Google future or something, and need to get them out there?

I think he thinks that military drones use Google Earth.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Who What Now posted:

I think he thinks that military drones use Google Earth.

Of course they don't use Google Earth!

They use Google Maps. It has navigation.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Frankly Google Maps is like the most useful thing ever. If Terminator 2 does come about via Google/Facebook brainjacking and whatever it doesn't even matter, cuz we'll be dead by then.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Excels posted:

Do people constantly have visions of a horrible Skynet-Google future or something, and need to get them out there?

I don't know about the need to get the visions out there, but these days... :tinfoil:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

hypnotoad posted:

Huh, didn't know humans were a threatened species.

This guy is always posting libertarian nonsense. I almost didn't blur his profile picture, he looks like a massive goon and has a long, grossly unkempt beard.

How does giving money to both sides of a war turn a profit?

I know, I know, arguing with a jpg...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Unless you literally never applied for college, I'm pretty sure you learned how to do it at some point during high school (go to the university's website and click apply).

• Locked thread