Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

KettleWL posted:

It's actually not worse at all. It sucks, but I'd take a first round exit over another loving 4-12 season every single time.

I'll echo that poo poo until the world ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly feel like the Packers, in the state they're in right now, are probably going to be in a bit of a playoff win drought for a while too. But yeah, Kettle's got it right, I'm not even gonna bitch because we're still gonna win the drat NFC North most of the time as long as we have Rodgers and he's got people to throw to. It's certainly a lot better than the drat 80s Packers.

Still feel bad for Bengals fans though. I always liked you guys and god drat I was rooting for you so hard in that second super bowl against the 49ers. I wanted Boomer to get that ring so bad, and it really looked like he would, then... loving Montana to Taylor :smith:

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 19, 2014

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Febreeze posted:

Stupid Kluwe making me spend my friday night drawing emergency comics and getting all self righteous.

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/chris-kluwes-hypocrisy/

Your written text with the comic is pretty nice

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Usualy these are jokes about the situation, but Kluwe is such a gently caress the comic is just an animated reenactment of what actually happened. Minus the cut out shorts and marker on his rear end.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The plaoff win drought is the last remnant of the Bungles and I really, really want it to go away.

We're aaaaaaaalmost a normal team. :saddowns:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

KettleWL posted:

It's actually not worse at all. It sucks, but I'd take a first round exit over another loving 4-12 season every single time.
Hell yeah, getting to the playoffs to any result is better than a lovely season.

Where it starts to get questionable is whether just barely missing the playoffs and going 7-9 to 9-7 is better than having a lovely season with the draft picks that would result.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

JT Jag posted:

Hell yeah, getting to the playoffs to any result is better than a lovely season.

What was the weirdness that occurred that almost had the Jaguars in the playoffs in 2013?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Febreeze posted:

Stupid Kluwe making me spend my friday night drawing emergency comics and getting all self righteous.

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/chris-kluwes-hypocrisy/

I knew when it broke that you and Probably Too Much Mustard would cover the Kluwe stuff. I really agree with your comments. Being a Vikings fan, while I recognize the issues are / can be important, it's also really annoying to have them coming at the hands of a self-aggrandizing twat.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Where it starts to get questionable is whether just barely missing the playoffs and going 7-9 to 9-7 is better than having a lovely season with the draft picks that would result.

That's a question that goes beyond the numbers of the record. Was the team 6-2 and then lost 7 of 8 to finish the year with no noticiable improvement in any area? Were they 3-6 and then they switched in the young QB/moved around their defensive pieces/adjusted in however way and led to an exciting end of the season? Were they average all year? Were they awful and end up falling rear end-backwards into some wins?

I mean, in general I would say that more wins = more better. Excluding when you're in the rear end end of the season and the top of the draft is impacted (assuming the team is in contention for a valuable pick). Other than that specific scenario you're always going to have bright spots that come with victories, on top of just making your week that much better, and I'd rather have those bright spots than... well the 20 years of Bengals teams before about 03.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Stupid Kluwe made the comic I had for today originally lame, so I pushed it off until Tuesday. Which is sad, because that comic features a cameo by Volkerball and animeluva1

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I honestly had no idea what Kluwe said until reading the comic, so maybe just ignore him and he'll go away? v:shobon:v

That's usually the best way to deal with attention whores, yeah

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

http://www.giants.com/photos/photos/Fan-Fridays-Four-legged-fans/

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.

Febreeze posted:

Stupid Kluwe made the comic I had for today originally lame, so I pushed it off until Tuesday. Which is sad, because that comic features a cameo by Volkerball and animeluva1

:woop:

I hope this is the last of the red/white/blue combination teams. Oh wait, the Texans :suicide:

Throwback - Buffalo Bills

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

:hfive:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Febreeze posted:

Are cameos just a Funhouse who's-who of posters you enjoy, or is there some kind of devious system at work? Is it the new Saints bounty list?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I sent him a picture. He used that picture.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Spoeank posted:

I sent him a picture. He used that picture.

THE CONSPIRACY RUNS DEEP

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Suspect Bucket posted:

Is it the new Saints bounty list?

There ya go.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Suspect Bucket posted:

Are cameos just a Funhouse who's-who of posters you enjoy, or is there some kind of devious system at work? Is it the new Saints bounty list?

I just asked if anyone wanted little cartoon cameos to PM me a picture and when I found a good opportunity to put them in I would. Offer remains open. Anytime one of the comics has the tag "goons" on it it means somebody got a cameo.

Also did it to secretly build up my creepy goon database.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Febreeze posted:

I just asked if anyone wanted little cartoon cameos to PM me a picture and when I found a good opportunity to put them in I would. Offer remains open. Anytime one of the comics has the tag "goons" on it it means somebody got a cameo.

Still waiting for the Redskins to do something. :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Still waiting for the Redskins to do something. :(

Febreeze should just draw a picture of you with a single tear falling down your cheek as you watch a game.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Febreeze posted:

I should update my pic because my beard is now much more glorious and not close cropped.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Febreeze posted:

We all know they're just organized into two separate folders. "Would" and "Nope".

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Febreeze posted:

The guy in the background of my picture is my fiancee's younger brother who until recently had questionable hygiene and is constantly crabby for tailgating because he stayed up until like 4 am the night before so I think you got a twofer on goons for that one.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
wheres my cameo god drat it

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
i was super swole in my cameo so thanks for being Extremely Accurate

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fabreeze missed my but chin on my cameo so he's dead to me.

He drew me in a QB's jersey. I hope the Pac Northwest mafia takes his thumbs.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jul 21, 2014

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
he didn't miss my Letterman teeth but he did have me wearing a red tie with a pink shirt and ummm excuse me but my fashion sense is impeccable

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

wheez the roux posted:

he didn't miss my Letterman teeth but he did have me wearing a red tie with a pink shirt and ummm excuse me but my fashion sense is impeccable

After that one hipster picture you sent me you don't get to complain

Eifert Posting posted:

Fabreeze missed my but chin on my cameo so he's dead to me.

He drew me in a QB's jersey. I hope the Pac Northwest mafia takes his thumbs.

The butt on your chin is not very noticeable in the picture I was given

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

wheres my cameo god drat it

Tell the Broncos to do something interesting so i can have you and Sweet Thursday fight each other

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 21, 2014

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Febreeze should put me in a #12 jersey getting a dui in the dumbest way possible.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Febreeze please draw me relaxing by the sea, tastefully nude, with the entire 1985 Chicago Bears starting roster in the background.

Please.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm the :colbert: TSA agent in the Aldon Smith cartoon. I'm not nearly as stocky in real life though.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

GNU Order posted:

Febreeze please draw me relaxing by the sea, tastefully nude, with the entire 1985 Chicago Bears starting roster in the background.

Please.

Pay the man and I'm sure he will.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Move all NFL teams to Europe.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Coruscant Chargers
Kashyyk Cowboys
Tattooine Titans

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's Tuscan, not Tusken you plebe. I said Europe.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

It's Tuscan, not Tusken you plebe. I said Europe.

Bremen Bengals
Dingle Steelers
Dresden Ravens
Nuremberg Browns

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Volkerball and animeluva share an intimate moment

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/oaklands-stadium-troubles/

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida