Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I don't see the big deal, it's not like there's a pile of mana guys to clamp up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I was about to post the myriad situations where you do stick sword of body and mind in your sideboard, but then I noticed they not only had creatures, but actually liked the idea of swords enough to play an inferior sword.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It's not like those are 'playable' cards. Those are literally the two best cards in his pool (SoFaF is third).

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
I'd have built that deck a lot differently, but then again when I cube I tend to force GW Equipment builds too much. In that deck Mirran Crusader and Silverblade Paladin are cards you value extremely highly and would never consider sideboarding since both work so well with the Swords, and you'd also want the obvious second Sword, the Clamp, and the tutor to get a Sword or Clamp. I'd probably put in the Fleecemane Lion as well, and cut out the Ermakul and most of the ramp.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The latest build of Forge now has M15 in it, but images aren't downloadable yet.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

There are way too loving many people here in Baltimore.

edit: yes, there is someone walking around with the Garruk axe.

Recess Rapist
Jul 4, 2004
I no longer whack; I use a driptorch.
I was feeling pissy because my box only had 2 mythics (Ravnica, Perilous Vault) and I only had 6 packs left, but then I opened Garruk and Nissa and I guess I feel ok now. Also got a foil Jalira and Aggressive Mining. Boxes are such a crapshoot, but I enjoy opening packs, which seems to be the dumbest way to enjoy this game.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

AnacondaHL posted:

There are way too loving many people here in Baltimore.

edit: yes, there is someone walking around with the Garruk axe.

Planeswalker - Goonruk

loving incredible :allears:

Mono Green Devotion working exactly as I had hoped.

Dropping fatties and livin large. :dance:

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 19, 2014

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

Planeswalker - Goonruk

loving incredible :allears:

Three new m15 cards and they're all doing work.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Oraculum Animi posted:

Three new m15 cards and they're all doing work.

Green got lots of love in M15, with a new walker, Genesis Hydra being redonk, Hornet Queen making MaRo rage, and Chord flashing in big dumb creatures for every occasion.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Count Bleck posted:

Would you mind posting your list here or in the brew house? Ive got a lot of pieces for the deck (even a Nissa I opened at pre-release), and am thinking about dismantling naya monsters for it.

What does the deck use for removal? Setessan Tactics? Nothing at all and just roll over people? The list I've been toying with splashes black for downfall. Also, thoughts on invasive species to re-use monstrous guys/get around removal?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Boxman posted:

Would you mind posting your list here or in the brew house? Ive got a lot of pieces for the deck (even a Nissa I opened at pre-release), and am thinking about dismantling naya monsters for it.

What does the deck use for removal? Setessan Tactics? Nothing at all and just roll over people?

It was on stream in Baltimore, I'm currently using the list BDD posted on SCG as a base, when I get some Nissas I'll drop them in.

Heavily considering a singleton Genesis Hydra, but mainboard for Todd Anderson looks like the standard mono G devotion engine of garruks, polukranos, BTEs, Satyrs, Coursers and your mana dorks, plus Hornet Queen and Genesis Hydra, with a couple one of tools for flexibility.

Oh and the Chords of course.
Edit: I'm splashing black for Golgari Charm in the side and Doomwake Giant for U/W control and or Weenies, because gently caress Elspeth/Brimaz and his dumb tokens.

Deckit posted:

I love Chording in Phyrexian Revoker in response to a Planeswalker. "Cast Jace/Elspeth. Response, Chord of Calling. Phyrexian Revoker. Naming Jace/Elspeth." :allears:

Oh my loving god I'm putting one in the main I love you.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 19, 2014

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Green got lots of love in M15, with a new walker, Genesis Hydra being redonk, Hornet Queen making MaRo rage, and Chord flashing in big dumb creatures for every occasion.

I love Chording in Phyrexian Revoker in response to a Planeswalker. "Cast Jace/Elspeth. Response, Chord of Calling. Phyrexian Revoker. Naming Jace/Elspeth." :allears:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Not for nothing, but I think G/R Devotion/Monsters is a bit better at ramping and has more combat tricks like Genesis Hydra into Xenagod and swinging with a 10/10 Hydra immediately. Generator Servant is a great card in that deck.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

bhsman posted:

Not for nothing, but I think G/R Devotion/Monsters is a bit better at ramping and has more combat tricks like Genesis Hydra into Xenagod and swinging with a 10/10 Hydra immediately. Generator Servant is a great card in that deck.

And on the other side I'll be a waitin', with my poo poo eating grin as I tap my mana dorks and my lands and announce, "Chord for three."

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Standard is going to be a beautiful place for awhile, can't wait to see all the green decks

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

This game right now on SCG is amazing. Just awkward back and forths as both players wait for a third land.

edit: Here we go, both finally pulling lands.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
The Green devotion match was beautiful to behold. It loses some explosiveness in BTE post-rotation, but it gained so much variety in power. Never had I seen Desecration Demon look so sad.

Frozen_flame fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 19, 2014

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Frozen_flame posted:

The Green devotion match was beautiful to behold. It loses some explosiveness in BTE post-rotation, but it gained so much variety in power. Never had I seen Desecration Demon look so sad.

Khans better provide some real answers because once Rev and Verdict are out Green devotion could dominate. I always suspected this is why all the green gods were so much weaker, and here we are.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

AnacondaHL posted:

Khans better provide some real answers because once Rev and Verdict are out Green devotion could dominate. I always suspected this is why all the green gods were so much weaker, and here we are.

And even then, Pharika is fine against control/midrange decks.

Thassa is hilarious to flash in after your poo poo gets chumped, life is good.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Attorney at Funk posted:

I don't see the big deal, it's not like there's a pile of mana guys to clamp up.

This. I didn't have enough 1 toughness guys and had enough card advantage through Garruk and Harmonize and such. I was exploding on turn 3, I didn't have time to dick around with a clamp.

kingcobweb posted:

Sword of Body and Mind is in your sideboard? I'm revoking your cube privileges, gently caress your 3-0

edit: AND SKULLCLAMP. ARE YOU ACTUALLY INSANE

Yes. Yes I was. However, this worked out for the best. As noted earlier, SoFaF pumped out some ridiculous Chords, and otherwise let me drop my entire hand in a single turn.

I totally get why you would want to play that sword main in MOST situations, it's my favorite sword of the lot and ridiculous in limited, but it just didn't fit with my primary game plan here, which was "Natural Order or Chord into Prime Time, wreck poo poo". Sword was a dead card until that was accomplished, it took the spot in my hand where I might have wanted another mana dork to sacrifice.

EDIT: It WAS the most frequently brought in sideboard card. Round 3 when I faced off against UW control it was apeshit.

Side note: It's INCREDIBLY fun to beat Storm with the combination of Survival of the Fittest and an Eldrazi to shuffle your entire graveyard back into your library after they go off on you with Brain Freeze and think they won. Best rage quit I've ever witnessed.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Speaking of mana dorks to sacrifice:

Skullclamp is a good card. A really good card.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Green white just completely steps all over Esper control. That was pretty nice, not quite green devotion levels of cool though.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
Are there lists up anywhere for these G devotion decks running around today?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Why weren't old instances of "Whenever ~ deals damage, you gain that much life" revised to become lifelink?

Because of this? http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/State-based_effect This gets confusing.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Why weren't old instances of "Whenever ~ deals damage, you gain that much life" revised to become lifelink?

Because of this? http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/State-based_effect This gets confusing.

It's now state based, yes, so lifelink doesn't stack but you get your life upon hitting.

We also have a sliver deck, let's see how it does.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ramos posted:

It's now state based, yes, so lifelink doesn't stack but you get your life upon hitting.

Sorry, but could you explain the practical difference between the abilities?

e:Lifelink could save you from temporarily dipping to zero life (like if someone shocks you during combat) whilst the other ability would not? Correct?

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 19, 2014

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Ah, got it. So basically before it went onto the stack. This usually didn't matter too much. But let's say we have the following board state:

Alice has three 6/6s that she is attacking with.

Bob has a single 3/3 with "Whenever ~ deals damage, you gain that much life" and 12 life.

If Bob blocks, he dies, because those 6/6s deal damage without the stack, while his 3/3 has dealt damage the life gain hasn't occurred yet. You have to wait for that to resolve. However, at that point, he has 0 life and dies.

However, if Bob has a lifelink creature, it happens upon damage occurring, letting him take 12 damage, but gain 3 life at the same time, living with 3 life.

edit: Basically, yes.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Rinkles posted:

If you give something the "Whenever [x] deals damage..." trigger (through Stir the Pride, say), are at 10 life but taking 11 damage, and you would gain 10 life off the trigger, you die with the trigger on the stack.
With Lifelink, the damage is all dealt and you gain it at the same time.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks, that works the way what I realized it did after thinking about it a second more.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

BaronVonVaderham posted:

This. I didn't have enough 1 toughness guys and had enough card advantage through Garruk and Harmonize and such. I was exploding on turn 3, I didn't have time to dick around with a clamp.

Yes. Yes I was. However, this worked out for the best. As noted earlier, SoFaF pumped out some ridiculous Chords, and otherwise let me drop my entire hand in a single turn.

I totally get why you would want to play that sword main in MOST situations, it's my favorite sword of the lot and ridiculous in limited, but it just didn't fit with my primary game plan here, which was "Natural Order or Chord into Prime Time, wreck poo poo". Sword was a dead card until that was accomplished, it took the spot in my hand where I might have wanted another mana dork to sacrifice.

EDIT: It WAS the most frequently brought in sideboard card. Round 3 when I faced off against UW control it was apeshit.

Side note: It's INCREDIBLY fun to beat Storm with the combination of Survival of the Fittest and an Eldrazi to shuffle your entire graveyard back into your library after they go off on you with Brain Freeze and think they won. Best rage quit I've ever witnessed.

I would have either cut white cards or Emrakul + Boon Satyr for Ridiculous Equipment. Emrakul is ridiculously cute in your deck, not actually good. (I don't even think it's good enough for cube.)

If you are playing Harmonize over Skullclamp in a deck with six mana dorks you are A Crazy Person.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

GonSmithe posted:

If you give something the "Whenever [x] deals damage..." trigger (through Stir the Pride, say), are at 10 life but taking 11 damage, and you would gain 10 life off the trigger, you die with the trigger on the stack.
With Lifelink, the damage is all dealt and you gain it at the same time.

There's one other difference between lifelink and "When ~ deals damage, you gain that much life." See if you can guess.

Multiple lifelink doesn't stack, but that ability does. Give a guy with that ability lifelink on top of it, you gain double life.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

There's another difference besides that one!

If you cast Armadillo Cloak on an opponent's creature, you gain the life when it deals damage. If you gave it lifelink, the creature's controller would gain life.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Just posting some dumb fun Onslaught flavor texts.

"There's no ‘I' in ‘team,' but there's a ‘we' in ‘weapon.'"
--

It has two kinds of droppings, neither of which is particularly pleasant.
--

Wizards fought over the stone to exploit its power. Goblins fight over it because it's shiny.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rinkles posted:

Wizards fought over the stone to exploit its power. Goblins fight over it because it's shiny.

I first learned of Wayne England from his work on Orks, Orcs, Goblins and Grots for Games Workshop, and I would happily buy a From the Vault: Goblins where he does art for all the cards that see play in the eternal decks.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

BizarroAzrael posted:

I first learned of Wayne England from his work on Orks, Orcs, Goblins and Grots for Games Workshop, and I would happily buy a From the Vault: Goblins where he does art for all the cards that see play in the eternal decks.

Same but for Wayne Reynolds.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

From the Vaults: Wayne Goblins

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a list for this mono-green deck? I keep missing it on stream.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Does Tangle Wire sound about as stupid in a Derevi EDH deck as I think it sounds?

I'm only asking because my LCS opened a box of FTV20 and raffled off the contents to the entrants of today's Launch Sealed event (I placed 4th, was coo) and I got Tangle Wire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Phage was temporarily given the zombie creature type, and now it's avatar? Some of these erratas seem unnecessary.

• Locked thread