Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
it was bad and poorly written and stupid and all of it served as a method to rehash as many memes as possible from the early episodes because 90% of the success of the originals was due to memetic injokes and not the actual good writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

michael also became a huge rear end in a top hat. he was kind of an oblivious jerk to his son in the first three seaons, but he was so much worse in the fourth, he stopped being sympathetic

i always found it hilarious how his subconscious would make him dis ann at every opportunity

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

syscall girl posted:

i always found it hilarious how his subconscious would make him dis ann at every opportunity

her?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

hubris.height posted:

uggggggggggggghhhhh

kickstarting baby poo poo is the new cyber punk video game kickstarter

yeah i'm guessing the age group that is super into kickstarter has gotten to the age where they're all having babies so they do what people with babies always do: buy retarded poo poo

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/620439316/one-fast-cat-exercise-wheel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsq-8DUTYHg

lol.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

i really want to see two cats get in that and do the hamster deal where one of them starts flipping the other one over and over until it goes flying. p sure hamsters do it on accident because they're stupid, but cats would probably figure it out and do it on purpose because they're dicks

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
I refuse to believe a cat would actually use it, at least not when humans are around to see it happen.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
also that lady shouldn't have got that high end cat knowing she couldn't give it all the things that breed needs :(

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

BooLoo posted:

also that lady shouldn't have got that high end cat knowing she couldn't give it all the things that breed needs :(

I wanted the Bengal for its high energy - is totally sedentary and has a build like a goodwill sack of clothes.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

- is totally sedentary and has a build like a goodwill sack of clothes.

dsmp, I know

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

BooLoo posted:

I refuse to believe a cat would actually use it, at least not when humans are around to see it happen.

if you somehow gave it a really annoying sound I think they would use it.

at 2:30AM.

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I wanted the Bengal for its high energy - is totally sedentary and has a build like a goodwill sack of clothes.

lol yeah... her face is like :yayclod:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

would you say you've been handled by the developmentally disabled?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

if you somehow gave it a really annoying sound I think they would use it.

at 2:30AM.

only because another cat might want to use it. causing the other cat jump in bed and start whining

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Cats are the worst. Every now and then someone asks me to catsit and I'm like lol no

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

prefect posted:

michael also became a huge rear end in a top hat. he was kind of an oblivious jerk to his son in the first three seaons, but he was so much worse in the fourth, he stopped being sympathetic

this is probably what ruined the show because it was like this arms race of who was the worse person, s1-s3 he was the necessary straight man

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
arrested development ran for three seasons before being canceled. we watched michael be "the straight man" for 19 hours. we watched the other characters be terrible people with no consequences for 19 hours.

having s4 wind out these idiots for several years off-camera and jump into their ruined lives was exactly what needed to happen to find new things to laugh at

edit: and they had no choice about the several-year jump: single-camera sitcoms have rules. telling your now-20-osmething child actors to pretend to be 16 again would be awkward

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
basically they should not have made a 4th season, making a 4th season was irresponsible and stupid, and the show creators knew better.

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 19, 2014

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

basically they should not have made a 4th season, making a 4th season was irresponsible and stupid, and the show creators knew better.

ya this too

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

They've made a huge mistake.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

http://www.cnc-design.fi/site/index.php/en/webshop/item/127-deal-with-it-sunglasses

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

this is terrible and yet strangely compelling

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

vOv posted:

mlmp

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

same but not compelling

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Cats are the worst. Every now and then someone asks me to catsit and I'm like lol no

this might be the toxoplasma gondii talking but actually cats are the best.

way better than season 4 anyway.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

someone has to watch the CATS

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

vOv posted:

I'm tempted on some unspeakable level

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

i'm hamster-sitting (not in the richard gere sense) at the moment and i really don't get the appeal

little fucker just lays there, occasionally eats and shits, and shows no other response to stimuli. if i wanted to see that i'd just put up a loving mirror

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

goddamnedtwisto posted:

i'm hamster-sitting (not in the richard gere sense) at the moment and i really don't get the appeal

little fucker just lays there, occasionally eats and shits, and shows no other response to stimuli. if i wanted to see that i'd just put up a loving mirror

yeah hamsters are pretty lame from what i've read. rats are totally different. super social, run up to the edge of their cage the moment you enter the room. you can train them. they're super smart.

it's weird how interesting rats are relative to other rodents like guinea pigs/hamsters/etc.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

goddamnedtwisto posted:

that because hamsters are kid-pets. they're for 8yr olds who want a pet, but don't want to really do anything except clean it out occasionally when their parents force them to

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

yeah hamsters are pretty lame from what i've read. rats are totally different. super social, run up to the edge of their cage the moment you enter the room. you can train them. they're super smart.

it's weird how interesting rats are relative to other rodents like guinea pigs/hamsters/etc.

yet if you keep a rat as a pet everyone thinks you're a skeevy weirdo. probably because you are

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

the run up the cage bit is true, disconcerting, and for other curious pets in the house fairly perilous - one day my dog sniffed around the cage and the rats were delighted to bite a half-dollar sized chunk out of the dog's tongue. so much blood.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

so this girl i know who has pet rats isnt totally weird?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
no she is still werid

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

FormatAmerica posted:

the run up the cage bit is true, disconcerting, and for other curious pets in the house fairly perilous - one day my dog sniffed around the cage and the rats were delighted to bite a half-dollar sized chunk out of the dog's tongue. so much blood.

lol owned

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Al! posted:

yet if you keep a rat as a pet everyone thinks you're a skeevy weirdo. probably because you are

now i can't prove that every rat owner wants to strap me down and enact that scene from 1984, but i'm going to continue to assume so out of an abundance of caution

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rats seem ok personality wise except they always smell like rat pee. for some reason.

when i was a kid we had gerbils and they were p. nice because while they are dumb as poo poo they are desert animals so they don't pee a lot so they smell fine long as you clean the cage once a week or so. you have to keep em in an aquarium though because they dig a lot and throw the cedar shavings or w/e all over the place

also you can give them live crickets and they will catch them and crunch them right up

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Sagebrush posted:

rats seem ok personality wise except they always smell like rat pee. for some reason.

rats basically piss constantly. it just sort of dribbles out of them all the time

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Bloody posted:

so this girl i know who has pet rats isnt totally weird?

i have pet rats

fwiw

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
rat pets kinda own

• Locked thread