Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

Shoehead posted:

Type \spoilthefun

Oh, finally. Thanks for that. I would never have guessed that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone get this when you try to start the game

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Move ./player/, ./universe/, and ./starbound.cfg to a safe place and see if it loads.

If it does, that's what happens to your saves when you run nightly builds. They may work later so don't toss 'em yet, but don't get your hopes up either. Still, copy just /player/ and /universe/ back and see if you can get anywhere.

If it doesn't, then something is an actual problem, and that's what happens to your game when you run nightly builds. Same save advice.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah, yeah those saves were from like... January?

I haven't played in a while.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
More Peglaci WIP

The Cryocondenser - creates snow and ice out of dirt and stuff! Lots of Peglaci recipes will require all kinds of ice and stuff, so you need a quick way of getting em'. The Condenser will pull moisture out of dirt at a crazy rate (10 dirt = 1 slush). Slush turns to snow, snow turns to ice, and ice turns to Ice Crystals, useful for a whole bunch of different things, including the pre-existing Geometric Furniture set.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Your continuing work with the Peglaci is an inspiration to us all, dog kisser.

Now if only we had the talent, too!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

dog kisser posted:

Got my gun assembler in game now. It can also be dyed with dye mod a bunch of different colors.

What part of the assembler gets dyed?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

dog kisser posted:

More Peglaci WIP

The Cryocondenser - creates snow and ice out of dirt and stuff! Lots of Peglaci recipes will require all kinds of ice and stuff, so you need a quick way of getting em'. The Condenser will pull moisture out of dirt at a crazy rate (10 dirt = 1 slush). Slush turns to snow, snow turns to ice, and ice turns to Ice Crystals, useful for a whole bunch of different things, including the pre-existing Geometric Furniture set.

The two tile gap under the house is giving me severe OCD seizures.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.
It's obviously a basement.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Disproportionation posted:

It's obviously a basement.

As someone who works in concrete forming, no, it's a crawlspace, not a basement :colbert:

(I like to build foundations and basements into my houses in Starbound. Work has ruined my brain)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Potsticker posted:

What part of the assembler gets dyed?

Eh, its just overlaid with color, really. Looks okay in most cases - I'll post a screenshot of it in a bit.

AG3 posted:

The two tile gap under the house is giving me severe OCD seizures.

Sorry! I just kinda whipped it together!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 20, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

dog kisser posted:

Eh, its just overlaid with color, really. Looks okay in most cases - I'll post a screenshot of it in a bit.

Oh, the assembler actually gets dyed? I thought I was making a joke because it actually dyed the gun.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Potsticker posted:

Oh, the assembler actually gets dyed? I thought I was making a joke because it actually dyed the gun.

Nope - alas the guns can't be dyed. The weird way they're sprited it doesn't work with dye mod. If I did it again I'd probably be able to fix it, but its daunting to have to resprite 45 or so guns!

iamded
Apr 26, 2013

Smile!
Remember back in prerelease when we were begging for space train ships for the Novakids?

quote:

Novakids are also getting a steam train themed spaceship. Upgrading the ship will add carriages to the end for extra building room.

Thank you based Chucklefish.

Also Novakids startin' out with guns instead of swords should certainly mix things up! This is the first race that's really changed up the mechanics compared to the other races.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

iamded posted:

Remember back in prerelease when we were begging for space train ships for the Novakids?

Thank you based Chucklefish.

Also Novakids startin' out with guns instead of swords should certainly mix things up! This is the first race that's really changed up the mechanics compared to the other races.

Welp, I am not playing until novakids are in.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Do guns not suck compared to melee weapons yet?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
They will probably get a massive buff since you cant run backward at full speed while shooting anymore (in the nightly build).

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
You see, Chucklefish and Tiyuri can change the world, enter into the space portal and return as the super princess girl, then forcefeed everyone blueberry pie. It's foretold in the fanfics of old.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

rear end-Haggis posted:

You see, Chucklefish and Tiyuri can change the world, enter into the space portal and return as the super princess girl, then forcefeed everyone blueberry pie. It's foretold in the fanfics of old.

This would be a cool game.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Ran into a fun bug where when I summoned my mech tech it sounded like ten of them landing at once, while I was wearing earphones :pwn:

My buddy I was playing with wasn't a fan of it either

E: kinda bummed that MShadowy hasn't worked on the Soma in a while, I really wanted to play them :smith:

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 23, 2014

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Man I'm dying for the new progression system to go in so I can finally pick this up again.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Rasmussen posted:

Man I'm dying for the new progression system to go in so I can finally pick this up again.

Yeah I have been playing Terraria for the first time with some friends and it is just not the same.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Novakid AIs have been revealed.

Time for another shitstorm.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It was never going to be the horse though, you guys.

edit: I am okay with this development.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

This is hilarious. Well played.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

C'mon tin star!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 23, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
:emo::emo:

Some of these people are just depressing.

edit:

The horse debacle.

I know I made a post earlier in this thread complaining about people whining about the starbound forums but I see now that sometimes people do deserve to be made fun of at length so consider this my apology for that.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 23, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Molly make some more goons mods, thanks in advance

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

It doesn't even seem to be the horse tits, people just hate horses.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Have you ever met a horse? Horses are assholes

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Have you ever met a horse? Horses are assholes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEImD_r6D8o

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

If it were possible to code a forum so that any thread containing the word horse in its title would play a specific audio file...

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
What's wrong with the horse? People want the game to be all serious business?

Some of the modding here is really cool and tempts me to get into modding this game. Hrm. What tools do you guys use for painting pixel art? Photoshop?

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

The only people who like horses are young girls who are a little... strange. And they loving love horses. Horse shirts, horse notebook, horse backpack, horse folders, horse wallpaper. Horse life.

So it makes me glad to see horses made into something silly like that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 26, 2014

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Make a miniboss enemy for the sewers, a poo golem riding a poo horse.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Eonwe posted:

The Starbound community in general is pretty toxic, thats really the only reason.

They introduced a 'Po' monster that was basically a little poop guy, and people got all up in arms about their IMMERSION being broken.

How dare you break my immersion in a cartoony space game about building things with 500 different colors of dirt. The game has sarcastic robots that think they're people. If that isn't the peak of seriousness I don't know what is.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The game has sarcastic robots that think they're people. If that isn't the peak of seriousness I don't know what is.

No man, that's like, deep commentary on the nature of humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Potsticker posted:

Do guns not suck compared to melee weapons yet?

I found a rocket launcher that does about 4k damage and it's handy. Came from a threat 10 asteroid field, which are just full of little bases which always have a gun in a cabinet.

• Locked thread