Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Alterian posted:

My mom was giving me poo poo at 18 months that we haven't put him in a real bed yet. He still rolls all over the place. We were going to wait and see how he is at 2 and turn his crib into a toddler daybed and see how that goes.

I think our kids are about the same age (20 months in a week). Mine tosses and turns like a maniac, so we had the same worry. But we were traveling over the weekend and he refused to sleep in the pack and play, so he napped and slept overnight in a regular bed. He actually did fine. I even saw him do the Moro reflex a couple times when he was nowhere close to the edge of the bed. That's actually why I was wondering about transitioning to a regular bed, because the only way we've gotten him to sleep in the past week is by lying down next to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I had my 13 month old on the bed this morning and he was half awake and kept trying to roll off. He looked at the edge of the bed, then at me, then at the edge again before doing his final roll where I had to catch him, so maybe he was messing with me.

Amykinz
May 6, 2007
Right around 2 years old we took Emily's crib mattress out of the crib and put it on the floor for her to 'get used' to sleeping in a bed. She would plow off of the stupid thing each night. A huge sale went on and we got her a twin mattress and box spring, and put just the mattress on the floor for her. The 3 inch difference in 'height' off the floor was enough to keep her from rolling out. We went a few months and moved the box spring in and she never even moves towards the side of the bed now. If she rolls, she rolls towards the wall, or if she gets sideways, her feet hang off, not her head.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Around 18 months, I noticed over the baby monitor that Alexandra was almost over the railing of her crib. :sigh: Fortunately, the crib converted into a toddler bed, so I just had to do that sooner than we expected.

As far as keeping her in, we put a door gate on her room.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Do your kids not freak out if they open the door and there's a gate there? I was asking for advice earlier on how to keep my kid from waking us up too early and a door gate was mentioned, but I think my daughter would just start screaming/crying when she saw it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Papercut posted:

So transitioning from crib to real bed. How old was yours when you did it? What do you do if they decide that it's time to get up at 3am?

We literally did this last week (Sydney is 16 months as of last Sunday). We got this bed from Ikea which allows for a pull-out trundle underneath that you can put a mattress on. After she goes to bed we pull out the bottom and she's got a padded surface on which to fall if she's inclined, but she hasn't done it yet.

If she decides to wake up before morning, which has happened a couple of times, we comfort her and take her back to her bed. It's worked so far, but again it's only been a week. I can say this -- I am freaking OVER THE MOON that we don't have to contort ourselves to reach into that drat crib anymore. It's also much nicer to lie in bed with her to read instead of a rocking chair.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

greatn posted:

Mystery solved, all those babies belonged to alcoholic smoking obese poor people, it could never happen to MY baby, because I'm a good parent.

You're the first to mention socio-economic demographic in this thread. I'm not sure it would have a causative effect on SIDS (my W-2 is lower, which causes my life expectancy to be lower?), though it may have a correlation. Let's stick with science, though, and look for causation instead, unless you want to link socio-economics correlation to one or several causative forms of death (e.g. "poor people tend to have a higher likelihood of lead or asbestos in the house").

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

FordCQC posted:

Do your kids not freak out if they open the door and there's a gate there? I was asking for advice earlier on how to keep my kid from waking us up too early and a door gate was mentioned, but I think my daughter would just start screaming/crying when she saw it.

Well, at first we decided to just close the gate at the top of the stairs and leave the door to her room open. That was a problem though, because she wouldn't accept that it was time to actually go to bed, and would keep running out of the room giggling because it was a big game. Worse, around 10pm she would wake up, cry, then run into our bedroom and climb into bed.

Then in the morning I would wake up to "HI DADDY!" *book into face*

So, we tried closing her door. The problem is that A) she hates having her door closed (she gets scared) and B) she can open doors.

After that, we broke down and decided to try the gate. That actually helped everyone. She cried at first because she couldn't get out, so we would go back to comfort her like she was still in a crib. She would wake up at 10PM and cry, so we would get up, shepherd her back to bed, and go back to sleep. When she wakes up, she will open the door (we close it once she's asleep) and wait for one of us to get her.

After a week or so, she got the idea that "Gate Up = I'm here till morning", so she eventually calmed down, went to bed when we put her down, and even stopped waking up in the middle of the night. She slept A LOT better after that, and we did too.

The funny thing is that she can climb the gate, or even push it down if she wants. It's just a mental thing at this point.

tl;dr she was upset but got over it pretty quick.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Ynglaur posted:

You're the first to mention socio-economic demographic in this thread. I'm not sure it would have a causative effect on SIDS (my W-2 is lower, which causes my life expectancy to be lower?), though it may have a correlation. Let's stick with science, though, and look for causation instead, unless you want to link socio-economics correlation to one or several causative forms of death (e.g. "poor people tend to have a higher likelihood of lead or asbestos in the house").

Socio-economic status definitely doesn't have any causative effect with infant death that I'm aware of(unless you're talking about really severe poverty where the baby isn't getting fed), but there probably is a correlation, which people far too often will confuse. "Oh, I don't have to worry about X, only poor people do that" or something.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
My daughter is 4.5 years old and it feels like every sentence is said in the world's largest whine. Picking up toys, getting out toys, going out, going home. Everything in a whine.

Teach me either to break her of this or learn to cope. I'm afraid my head is going to explode.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

photomikey posted:

My daughter is 4.5 years old and it feels like every sentence is said in the world's largest whine. Picking up toys, getting out toys, going out, going home. Everything in a whine.

Teach me either to break her of this or learn to cope. I'm afraid my head is going to explode.

Just last week I remember saying to my husband, "What if that's not a whine...what if that's just his *voice*?" Then we stared at one another in horror for a few seconds.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
I have considered that. It's not pretty.

Chandrika
Aug 23, 2007

photomikey posted:

My daughter is also 4.5, and also in the annoying whine phase. Every time she whines at me, I just say "I don't speak whine." Over and over until she talks to me normally. She mostly gets it now. Also, if she whines a request/demand, the answer is automatically "no". We have also been talking about self-respect, and how people get to decide how they are going to respond to other people. I am trying to model that if people are mean or rude, we can choose not to engage with them. So occasionally if the whining is getting out of hand, I'll leave the room after gently explaining that I get to decide what behaviour I'll put up with, and this is something that I won't. Good luck!

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
Whining is so goddamned annoying; I empathize. In our house, we have "nice" voices, and "mean" voices. Whining is a type of mean voice, and mean voices are not allowed.

"I don't understand that voice."
"I would love to listen to you, but that's such a mean voice I can't understand."

Failing that, say everything to her in the biggest, dramatic whine you can. "It's tiiiiiiiiime for luuuuuu-nnnnnnch." Mundane stuff; everything. Read a story like that. Tell her that's what she sounds like all the time and you don't like listening to it any more than she does. She legitimately may not be aware that's how she sounds. I told Liam to stop whining one time and he said: "What's whining mean?" Oops. But he's 3, not 4.5.

Once you know she understands what whining means, you can ultimately move on to totally ignoring anything that comes out of her mouth sounding like that.

"I'm sorry; I didn't hear you ask for a snack. I just heard something making a terrible noise."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Chandrika posted:

My daughter is also 4.5, and also in the annoying whine phase. Every time she whines at me, I just say "I don't speak whine." Over and over until she talks to me normally. She mostly gets it now. Also, if she whines a request/demand, the answer is automatically "no". We have also been talking about self-respect, and how people get to decide how they are going to respond to other people. I am trying to model that if people are mean or rude, we can choose not to engage with them. So occasionally if the whining is getting out of hand, I'll leave the room after gently explaining that I get to decide what behaviour I'll put up with, and this is something that I won't. Good luck!

That honestly sounds great but dear God I bet that'll be a double edged sword.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

Double Post

Bojanglesworth fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 16, 2014

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009
Holy crap, yes.

But I really feel for her poor daughter - is there any way you can think of to clue her in to the changes she needs to make as a mum while not dating her?

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

Sockmuppet posted:

Holy crap, yes.

But I really feel for her poor daughter - is there any way you can think of to clue her in to the changes she needs to make as a mum while not dating her?

Ah you saw my post before I deleted it. Yeah, I feel bad for her daughter too, the dad is the CEO of some huge company and travels all over the world for about three weeks every month, and he is even more off his rocker than she is.

I am ready to end this relationship, but I know there is no way to tell someone that you are ending a relationship because their parenting skills are poo poo.

Here is the original post for anyone interested:

So I have been dating a girl for a few months and things are decent, but I just cannot accept her parenting abilities, and I know for a fact I wouldn't leave my son with her. Its not that shes a bad mom necessarily, just completely inattentive. I really hit me hard about two weeks ago when we were at the pool with our kids, it was break time so I was in the kids section with my son, well I hear this commotion from the lifegaurds and my GF daughter is in the center of the pool all by herself with nobody around, while her mom is literally nowhere to be found, then when they do find her she thinks its funny that her daughter "wants to swim!"

This is just one of many examples of the reasons I would never leave my son with her. That being the biggest deal to me when finding a significant other has made me seriously question if this relationship is even right. I want to just break it off now because I know I won't be able to get past that.

I guess this isn't a question, but just venting to fellow parents. Are you guys on the same page with me on this?

Chandrika
Aug 23, 2007

greatn posted:

That honestly sounds great but dear God I bet that'll be a double edged sword.

Haha, kindof. She's linguistically precocious, so we can interact verbally in a way that might not work for more kinaesthetic or introspective children. Already I've heard my own words coming from her in very amusing ways.

We have a policy of (age-appropriate) honesty no matter what the situation, because I really want to build our relationship on trust. This is somewhat relevant, because last week we were running an errand downtown and an aggressive drugged-out/mentally ill woman was shouting at us and threatening us at the bus stop, because my daughter accidentally rattled the glass wall. My daughter was completely baffled because she'd never seen anyone behave like that before. We avoided interacting with the aggressor, and on the way home we stopped for a drink and had a good talk about mental illness, drugs, how to behave in conflict, and how occasionally ignoring behaviour and moving on is more productive than engaging in conflict.

But sometimes, she's just a bit obnoxious and whiny, and I put it down to her being 4.5. :-)

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Chandrika posted:

Haha, kindof. She's linguistically precocious, so we can interact verbally in a way that might not work for more kinaesthetic or introspective children. Already I've heard my own words coming from her in very amusing ways.

We have a policy of (age-appropriate) honesty no matter what the situation, because I really want to build our relationship on trust. This is somewhat relevant, because last week we were running an errand downtown and an aggressive drugged-out/mentally ill woman was shouting at us and threatening us at the bus stop, because my daughter accidentally rattled the glass wall. My daughter was completely baffled because she'd never seen anyone behave like that before. We avoided interacting with the aggressor, and on the way home we stopped for a drink and had a good talk about mental illness, drugs, how to behave in conflict, and how occasionally ignoring behaviour and moving on is more productive than engaging in conflict.

But sometimes, she's just a bit obnoxious and whiny, and I put it down to her being 4.5. :-)

Your daughter and my son sound very similar in attitude. The kinds of conversations we've been able to have (he's also 4.5) have been pretty impressive to me, and he's always talking to EVERYONE but he definitely has his bratty moments.

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009
We seem to be stuck in the Great Wail of 2014, where my just turned one year old starts screaming pitifully the minute things don't go her way. (If I'm around. If I'm not, then she's the worlds happiest toddler, according to reports and what I can hear when I'm in another room. I take it as a compliment, since apparently all the wailing and flopping about means that she feels secure and loved with me, yay :v:)

She can say a few words, hello, hi, good bye, mama, dada, baaaa for sheep and "want that!!", and she babbles non stop, and to me it seems that most of her frustration (expressed in waaaaailing) stems from the fact that she wants something, and I'm a complete idiot who can't understand her when she's telling me repeatedly, clearly and loudly. Please tell me that my theory is true, and that once she figures out more language she'll stop with the howling and gnashing of teeth (well, temporarily, until she finds something new to be upset about), because this is getting old pretty quickly.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS
Mine will play quietly by herself and then flip her poo poo when I walk out of the room. Toddlers are fun.

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin
Toddlers are fun, but damnit, it's annoying when they won't take a nap. For example, my ex and I share custody of my 18 month old daughter, and it seems she is on a completely different schedule with me than she is with her mom/at daycare regarding naps. For everyone else, she is down for 2 hours around 12, but for me, it's a toss up. Today for example, I tried to get her down at noon, since that's her usual nap time. That was a failure as all she wanted to do was play and "Bubbles", so nap time didn't happen till 2. I'm not sure what the deal is because she's always been like this. It really makes planning things a challenge at times because I don't have a clue when she will nap. It sometimes make bed time a little challenging as well.
Is this normal for a kid who has split households?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Hey - thanks for the article on the car incidents. I know I sometimes wonder "how the hell does that happen" but I have mentally gone and done things on auto-pilot and then been amazed at my stupidity afterwards. As the parent who is primarily responsible for picking up our son, deep down I do truly worry about something like that happening. I'm impressed with how those parents have tried to accept and move on afterwards, I don't even want to imagine how one does that.

Amykinz
May 6, 2007

Sockmuppet posted:

We seem to be stuck in the Great Wail of 2014, where my just turned one year old starts screaming pitifully the minute things don't go her way. (If I'm around. If I'm not, then she's the worlds happiest toddler, according to reports and what I can hear when I'm in another room. I take it as a compliment, since apparently all the wailing and flopping about means that she feels secure and loved with me, yay :v:)

She can say a few words, hello, hi, good bye, mama, dada, baaaa for sheep and "want that!!", and she babbles non stop, and to me it seems that most of her frustration (expressed in waaaaailing) stems from the fact that she wants something, and I'm a complete idiot who can't understand her when she's telling me repeatedly, clearly and loudly. Please tell me that my theory is true, and that once she figures out more language she'll stop with the howling and gnashing of teeth (well, temporarily, until she finds something new to be upset about), because this is getting old pretty quickly.

This is EXACTLY how thing were with our daughter until she started figuring out more words. She was a bit behind with talking and then all of a sudden figured out a ton of words at once. So she used to give you her sippy cup and whine while you played 20 questions and she got pissed, now she hands you her cup and says "milk, peese" Or "juice" or "straw" or "sink?" or "milk all done" and the whining and tantrums are now just for normal poo poo, like not peeling her banana to the precise length she wants.

So yes, it will get better.

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

Sockmuppet posted:

Have you tried any baby signing? You can look some up online (my older one *loves* Baby Signing Time and Signing Time). Around that age, it's motor control over the mouth/lips/tongue/etc. that inhibits communication and causes that frustration.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Sockmuppet posted:

:geno: OK Sweetheart, let me snap you in
:v: no baby do it Baby Do It Baby Do It BABY DO IT BAYYYBEEE DOOOO IIIITTTTTTT :cry:

The refrain of 2014.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Here's a trick I used at times like that (be forewarned it doesn't always work): "Let's do it together!". Then you just let them put their hands on top of yours while you do all the work. When it works, it's amazing. When it doesn't, well, they were going to tantrum anyway so at least you tried, right?

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

Marchegiana posted:

Here's a trick I used at times like that (be forewarned it doesn't always work): "Let's do it together!". Then you just let them put their hands on top of yours while you do all the work. When it works, it's amazing. When it doesn't, well, they were going to tantrum anyway so at least you tried, right?

I love this, I'll remember it for the future. Thankfully I'm still allowed to do most things for her, the crying tends to start when she's pointing wildly and demanding "that!! want that!!", which can be anything from an actual object to some abstract concept that she's just not able to put into words yet. Thank you all for reassuring me that this particular brand of whining will pass once she really starts talking. We haven't tried signing, but I think we'll try it with kid number two when that time comes.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Marchegiana posted:

Yeah, that results in

"NOOOO BAYYYBEE DOOO IIIIITTTT :cry:"

Eventually she'll fail, and I'll ask "can daddy help?" and she'll concede defeat and let me just buckle her $%#$& belt buckle.

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

Volmarias posted:

Eventually she'll fail, and I'll ask "can daddy help?" and she'll concede defeat and let me just buckle her $%#$& belt buckle.

Haha, we had a great version of that happen. It was hot, and my kid wanted water, but her sippy cup wasn't around, so I gave her water from my glass. Not acceptable! She wanted to do it herself, thank you very much. I figured what the hell, we're outside, so spilling water is no problem. So she raised the glass up, and then tipped half the content down the front of her shirt. She tried again with more force, and hurled the rest of the water directly into her face. At that point she decided that yes, if she was ever going to get water into her actual mouth, she'd need a bit of help, and tugged on my shirt and held up the glass for assistance, while my mum and I were desperately trying not to laugh our heads off.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
I was juggling both kids this morning so my wife could get a few extra ZZZ's. My 3 yr. old is potty trained and can go by himself, so he went potty while I was changing the baby (giant poo poo). I usually check in on the toddler, but had my arms full of poo poo. yeah he pissed EVERYWHERE. I do not think one drop got in the toilet. He said "daddy help me out, the floor is slippy." and I knew. We've gone over pee pee points down, he knows better, but poo poo happens. He was happy to provide commentary while I swabbed up piss right after changing a lovely diaper. That is the video they should show teenagers. So you want to have sex? Here are a few of the consequences.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

jassi007 posted:

I do not think one drop got in the toilet. He said "daddy help me out, the floor is slippy." and I knew.

Yeah, I'm trying to toilet-train my son, and for a little while he would specifically turn his back on the potty (which is next to the toilet, so he had his back to that too) and pee all over the floor. Then he would complain, "Floor wet!", all offended dignity and 'how could you let me stand on a wet floor, Mother?'

...yes, baby, I know the floor is wet, I was right here when you made it wet. Oh, your feet are wet, too? I can't imagine how that could have happened. :geno:

(Then I started just holding a diaper under him, which worked surprisingly well, and now he's back to being willing to sit on the potty but waiting to pee or poop until the second his diaper's back on. :sigh:)

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Sockmuppet posted:

Seconding the 'they can understand words but not say them'. With my daughter I taught her to point pretty early, sometimes that didn't work so I'd pick her up and move her around until she'd make noise and reach out. Like a baby metal detector or something, never had a tantrum with that method.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

momtartin posted:

Toddlers are fun, but damnit, it's annoying when they won't take a nap. For example, my ex and I share custody of my 18 month old daughter, and it seems she is on a completely different schedule with me than she is with her mom/at daycare regarding naps. For everyone else, she is down for 2 hours around 12, but for me, it's a toss up. Today for example, I tried to get her down at noon, since that's her usual nap time. That was a failure as all she wanted to do was play and "Bubbles", so nap time didn't happen till 2. I'm not sure what the deal is because she's always been like this. It really makes planning things a challenge at times because I don't have a clue when she will nap. It sometimes make bed time a little challenging as well.
Is this normal for a kid who has split households?
All kids I've ever known go down for nap better at daycare/preschool better than at home. Because at home they're asking for a glass of water and the blue stuffy instead of the red one, and cover them up or uncover them, whatever, it's a circus, you are the performer, they are the audience.

At daycare, there are ten kids and they don't have time for that poo poo, lay down and go to sleep, there will be no getting up. After a few days they get used to the idea that the circus is over, but when they're back at home, game on. Seriously, it would take 20 minutes to get my daughter to sleep at home, and at daycare she would retrieve her own bedding, lay herself down, cover herself up, roll over, and go to sleep.

You are experiencing this with baby's mom. My advice is be more of a hard rear end.

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin

photomikey posted:

All kids I've ever known go down for nap better at daycare/preschool better than at home. Because at home they're asking for a glass of water and the blue stuffy instead of the red one, and cover them up or uncover them, whatever, it's a circus, you are the performer, they are the audience.

At daycare, there are ten kids and they don't have time for that poo poo, lay down and go to sleep, there will be no getting up. After a few days they get used to the idea that the circus is over, but when they're back at home, game on. Seriously, it would take 20 minutes to get my daughter to sleep at home, and at daycare she would retrieve her own bedding, lay herself down, cover herself up, roll over, and go to sleep.

You are experiencing this with baby's mom. My advice is be more of a hard rear end.

Being a hard rear end makes sense but if she's running around jibber jabbering around normal nap time, there's no way in getting her down because she's obviously not tired. Or should I just put her in her crib and deal with the inevitable tears forcing her to take a nap? She will sleep at some point though, just not when she normally does.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Jasper's fun new toddler thing he does is if he sees you eating something he comes up and says "bite", so you hold it out for him to take a bite, but then he gets mad because he wants to hold it /take the whole thing instead of just taking a bite and starts getting fussy and refusing a bite, but getting more mad when you start eating it again yourself and then you just say screw it and offer him the food to take and hold himself but no its too late and its full on tantrum mode where he grabs your food and throws it to the ground getting more and more upset until all you can do is put him in his crib until he calms down.

Having a toddler with an insatiable appetite is my new diet method.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Alterian posted:

Jasper's fun new toddler thing he does is if he sees you eating something he comes up and says "bite", so you hold it out for him to take a bite, but then he gets mad because he wants to hold it /take the whole thing instead of just taking a bite and starts getting fussy and refusing a bite, but getting more mad when you start eating it again yourself and then you just say screw it and offer him the food to take and hold himself but no its too late and its full on tantrum mode where he grabs your food and throws it to the ground getting more and more upset until all you can do is put him in his crib until he calms down.

Having a toddler with an insatiable appetite is my new diet method.

I don't even try to eat around my monsters. I either sneak food or eat only when they are eating.

kbdragon
Jun 23, 2012

momtartin posted:

Being a hard rear end makes sense but if she's running around jibber jabbering around normal nap time, there's no way in getting her down because she's obviously not tired. Or should I just put her in her crib and deal with the inevitable tears forcing her to take a nap? She will sleep at some point though, just not when she normally does.

With my daughter (just turned 2) we just start giving warnings early that it's getting close to nap time. "Quiet time in 30 minutes, we have time for one more game", "Quiet time in 10 minutes, do you need a diaper change or want a story?", "Quiet time in 2 minutes, let's go to your room and tuck in baby doll" etc. Yes at first she doesn't know what the "X minutes" means, but reminding her that a transition is coming usually helps start calming her down and it's no surprise when I want her to lie down in her bed for a while. In fact, a few minutes ago I told my girl it was time to start quiet time and she went in her room and shut the door and it sounds like she's in bed all on her own - not usually what happens but I would love it if it happened more often!

And yes, maybe nap time needs to be a little later at your place because it's more exciting and she wants to show you / tell you everything first, but if you're consistent even your place should develop its own routine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Cat Dubh
Jun 17, 2005
Save the drama for your llama
momtartin, do you know if she's waking up at the same time in the morning when she stays with you as she does every other day? Naptime for my son has to get pushed back if he wakes up later then usual in the morning.