Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Ah, that settles it then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Frank Hoste telling how he screwed Sean Kelly out of the green jersy in 1984 and bought a stage in 1986 is just the best. :allears:

Much more interesting thant the stage so far. :)

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The German Eurosport guys were just debating the food coloring content of various candies. Previously they were talking about the English term "WAGs" and how the German language lacks an equivalent. Some top, top banter today.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
They are reading lovely poems on British Eurosport

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
They are showing adverts on ITV

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Bolivar posted:

I'm so hoping for Jack Bauer to win this stage :laugh:

I know he's a kiwi but he should be an honorary American

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011
Norwegian broadcaster got a visit from chess champion Magnus Carlsen, and are currently speculating on which rider has the highest iq in the peloton.

Nope, absolutely essential topics for discussion. Noone is bored by the stage so far.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

Jack Bauer is not related to Steve Bauer, as I once thought before. :-)

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

scaevola posted:

Norwegian broadcaster got a visit from chess champion Magnus Carlsen, and are currently speculating on which rider has the highest iq in the peloton.

Nope, absolutely essential topics for discussion. Noone is bored by the stage so far.

Don't keep us waiting, who's in the running?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sagan's slipping. That was a third.

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011

Roobsa posted:

Don't keep us waiting, who's in the running?

They like Peraud since he's an engineer, falling into the typical education equals intelligence cliche.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Nbcsn now showing hair styling advice with Marcel Kittel

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I like how even the broadcasting equipment can't be arsed about this stage

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

I'll remind you all of these posts when the Tinkoff train is in full flow for all the Grand tours next season.

The difference is that Nibali and Contador wouldn't come out of the blue like Froome suddenly did at a pretty late age. Also they have better technique, Froome's technique is worse than friggin Voecklers

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

scaevola posted:

They like Peraud since he's an engineer, falling into the typical education equals intelligence cliche.

Matteo Trentin has a degree as well.

David Millar, however had a great quote about cyclists:

quote:

“They give off the image of exceptional men but in fact they are very, very ordinary. Simple people without much education, who aren’t fun to eat with, who don’t get into intellectual discussions. All they have in life is cycling. Without that, it’s finished.

I think he and Adam Hansen are the most fun to hang out with.

DONT TOUCH THE PC fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 20, 2014

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

David Millar is a piece of poo poo

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

loving morons in front lol, starting arguing about who should take the lead

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
It looked like Sagan sat up early a bit there.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
That was a fun finish. Bauer just seemed to hit the burners a bit too early.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Hoooly poo poo, the last 5 km were pretty good. Plus Sagan didn't win!

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
That was a great finish. So close for the break.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Holy gently caress those 2 retards in the break. They will regret that for the rest of their lives lol.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Greipel tried to shoulder Kristoff, and lost momentum doing so. Feel bad for Bauer, but I'm glad for Kristoff :norway:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hegay posted:

The difference is that Nibali and Contador wouldn't come out of the blue like Froome suddenly did at a pretty late age. Also they have better technique, Froome's technique is worse than friggin Voecklers

Well yeah, they're from mainland Europe so they got started earlier.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Jack Bauer really hosed that up. Wow Haussler 2nd place, he is alive

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

African AIDS cum posted:

Jack Bauer really hosed that up. Wow Haussler 2nd place, he is alive

He'll be looking back at that moment for the rest of his life going 'If only I'd just gone for it and not tried to rely on that useless gently caress with me'

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Holy gently caress those 2 retards in the break. They will regret that for the rest of their lives lol.

It was so loving poo poo lol, the peloton was loving up big time and all was set for one of them winning

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

He'll be looking back at that moment for the rest of his life going 'If only I'd just gone for it and not tried to rely on that useless gently caress with me'

I think the problem was they stopped working together at about 800m out instead of 200m

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

It was so loving poo poo lol, the peloton was loving up big time and all was set for one of them winning

Honestly he should kill himself I mean not really that would be bad but wow what horrible tactics. What was his DS doing on the radio. Blew it.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Really unlucky for Benatti as well. He managed to break away and then gets a flat tire

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hegay posted:

Really unlucky for Benatti as well. He managed to break away and then gets a flat tire

Sums up Tinkoff-Saxo this tour.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Bleh Bauer :(

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Peloton was just toying with them. They never had a chance.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Stage 15 Tallard / Nîmes

Summary - Stage 15 (Tallard > Nîmes)
The Flamme rouge - The last kilometre - Stage 15 (Tallard > Nîmes)

Rest day tomorrow

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

dema posted:

Peloton was just toying with them. They never had a chance.

They could have easily taken the win had they rode til the end.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I didn't watch the stage but the fact that a cyclist is called Jack Bauer is hilarious to me and I can think of like 20 different jokes about it

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

poty posted:

I didn't watch the stage but the fact that a cyclist is called Jack Bauer is hilarious to me and I can think of like 20 different jokes about it

Yeah by local tabloid headlined it "Jack Bauer burst into tears in France" and apparently some Russian site went with "Jack Bauer had the longest day of his life" and I'm sure there's a whole lot more...

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 20, 2014

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

African AIDS cum posted:

They could have easily taken the win had they rode til the end.

It happens all the time thou. I never got that, surely you get some money for coming in second, even on a stage in the TdF?
Why not go all out and risk getting second, instead of letting the peleton swallow you up.

edit: Yeah, you totally get money according to this: http://www.roadcycling.co.nz/TourdeFrance/tour-de-france-demystified-part-2.html

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Punc posted:

It happens all the time thou. I never got that, surely you get some money for coming in second, even on a stage in the TdF?
Why not go all out and risk getting second, instead of letting the peleton swallow you up.

edit: Yeah, you totally get money according to this: http://www.roadcycling.co.nz/TourdeFrance/tour-de-france-demystified-part-2.html

Cyclists are idiots. News at 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Don't they get more money from sponsors for being on the front for extended periods?