Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Machai

we should do some sort of photoshop practice threads where someone comes up with little projects to do in PS and people can compare results/methodology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai

cruft

Golly.

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
you know what would be really cool, to extent the background down and paste the posting pals tag on it so the background fills in the whole box imo
or if you can't get a long tar make a posting pal tag with that background, i dunno i guess it would limit your gang tags

cuntman.net

thanks

Machai

perhaps I could paste the pals tag in as a fake boner

Mogren

Enlightened beast
Spirit among mortals
Spreader of wisdom
Forever watchful
Good kitty
:angelcatte:
There's some great art around here. I've also finally made up my mind: http://i.imgur.com/4paLLXN.png

Now that this is sorted on my end, on to the reasons why I deserve an av:

1) Good posts:

WIP (ETA Summer 20xx) still learning the ropes. Maybe this one will qualify by the time I'm done writing it since you don't command genius. Something about the eye of the beholder too I'll figure it out.

2) Time spent in the yob:

I've already lost track of time but it hasn't been that long since I started spending it in the yob. I've lurked around different boards and then I saw this cat near the door sign and I thought hey I should drop by and say hi!

3) Specific hardships:

a) Once upon a time the cat on that picture was my pet and he passed away a few years ago. This was hard to digest as he was in good health for his age (10) and poison was likely involved, because the neighbors were being stupid about their pest traps at the time and this cat was a hunter at heart. He loved to bring back all kinds of dead critters at the door but he sure picked the wrong one to mess with that time. RIP Sonic http://imgur.com/Th1R7JT
b) I live in france. I'm really sorry about this. I'll choose more carefully next time please don't judge me. :ohdear:

and

d) I'm pretty sure I'm the only person here who uses this in a computer http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=RADEON+9250

I'll save c) for future occasions. Gotta break the streak before this gets too out of hand.

4) Etc:

Cats rule, shades of blue and purple rule, posts rule, :words:awesome nice cute win!:words:, etc it'd be really cool to blend in more.

5) Misc:

This ought to serve all my forum needs for the coming decades and I plan to return the favor with posts and wit and helping around where I can but also professional thread rating it's underlined because this is very important and there will be effort made to reach that goal.

^If that's ok

cruft

Mogren posted:

There's some great art around here. I've also finally made up my mind: http://i.imgur.com/4paLLXN.png

Now that this is sorted on my end, on to the reasons why I deserve an av:

1) Good posts:

WIP (ETA Summer 20xx) still learning the ropes. Maybe this one will qualify by the time I'm done writing it since you don't command genius. Something about the eye of the beholder too I'll figure it out.

2) Time spent in the yob:

I've already lost track of time but it hasn't been that long since I started spending it in the yob. I've lurked around different boards and then I saw this cat near the door sign and I thought hey I should drop by and say hi!

3) Specific hardships:

a) Once upon a time the cat on that picture was my pet and he passed away a few years ago. This was hard to digest as he was in good health for his age (10) and poison was likely involved, because the neighbors were being stupid about their pest traps at the time and this cat was a hunter at heart. He loved to bring back all kinds of dead critters at the door but he sure picked the wrong one to mess with that time. RIP Sonic http://imgur.com/Th1R7JT
b) I live in france. I'm really sorry about this. I'll choose more carefully next time please don't judge me. :ohdear:

and

d) I'm pretty sure I'm the only person here who uses this in a computer http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=RADEON+9250

I'll save c) for future occasions. Gotta break the streak before this gets too out of hand.

4) Etc:

Cats rule, shades of blue and purple rule, posts rule, :words:awesome nice cute win!:words:, etc it'd be really cool to blend in more.

5) Misc:

This ought to serve all my forum needs for the coming decades and I plan to return the favor with posts and wit and helping around where I can but also professional thread rating it's underlined because this is very important and there will be effort made to reach that goal.

^If that's ok

Dude it's ten bucks, that's like two Starbucks trips or ⅓ of a Minecraft. I recommend you just go do it yourself.

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

cruft posted:

Dude it's ten bucks, that's like two Starbucks trips or ⅓ of a Minecraft. I recommend you just go do it yourself.

if its your own its only 5 tho

cruft

Arnold of Soissons posted:

if its your own its only 5 tho

Been a while.

$5, what a bargain!

ChairmanMeow

i'm getting this or a variance of as my new av, what should I write under it?

it's my kitty and her name is ghost and she is fat and meows a lot, but the text can be about anything.

ChairmanMeow

kittydouble post sorry

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cruft

Here am I floating in my sardine can
Far above the world

PS: use the one I colored up for ya? :pray:

Carecat

FluffieDuckie posted:

no, pro avs should stay

see: duckie av

You're not the boss of meeeeeeeeeeeeee

ChairmanMeow

cruft posted:

Here am I floating in my sardine can
Far above the world

PS: use the one I colored up for ya? :pray:

I really liked it, but my kitty is white, and she looked grey, also it was hard to see her eyes, it was the prettiest with the colors though as far as just pretty

cruft

ChairmanMeow posted:

I really liked it, but my kitty is white, and she looked grey

That was the tint of the helmet, I can make it white again, you should have said something earlier, I'm not near a computer oh man panic time

cruft

Just joshing, use whatever you like best :)

I'm building a table with my kid today so I can't futz around with avs.

ChairmanMeow

nah man it's ok, i'm not in any hurry.you really do a great job
good luck on your table

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

ChairmanMeow posted:

i'm getting this or a variance of as my new av, what should I write under it?

it's my kitty and her name is ghost and she is fat and meows a lot, but the text can be about anything.

personally I prefer no text images only but I like the drawing and think it looks v nice w only the eyes colord

e: it looks nice on a colored background in all white, imo

Mogren

Enlightened beast
Spirit among mortals
Spreader of wisdom
Forever watchful
Good kitty

cruft posted:

Been a while.

$5, what a bargain!
Yeah I know and I'd rather do it myself. I'll get to it eventually but right now even 5 bucks is too much if it's not spent on essentials, it's kinda embarrassing. I don't mean to beg for an av though just rolled with the op.

FluffieDuckie

Mogren posted:

Yeah I know and I'd rather do it myself. I'll get to it eventually but right now even 5 bucks is too much if it's not spent on essentials, it's kinda embarrassing. I don't mean to beg for an av though just rolled with the op.

Hey friend don't worry about asking that's why I'm here. I'm out of town and phone posting but I'll get you a cert when I get back tomorrow.

SIDS Vicious

duckie a bunch of fuckin dudes changed my av what do you think of it i think its cute

this was the one they changed it to first

i am he

It's cute, Sid.

Mogren

Enlightened beast
Spirit among mortals
Spreader of wisdom
Forever watchful
Good kitty

FluffieDuckie posted:

Hey friend don't worry about asking that's why I'm here. I'm out of town and phone posting but I'll get you a cert when I get back tomorrow.
Thanks a bunch. I'll leave a mail here since I can't use PMs masdee@hush.com

Iggy Koopa posted:

duckie a bunch of fuckin dudes changed my av what do you think of it i think its cute

this was the one they changed it to first

I miss that guy though

He was colorful and animated.

ChairmanMeow

that girl is really pretty, i remember seeing her pic in another thread about something. what is the av suppose to mean? is it like a redhead joke?

SIDS Vicious

hes back

SIDS Vicious

i dont know who did this one either lol

WindmillSlayer

Sid is spending his 18k on avatars owning himself.

Salmiakki

im glad, i missed that lil koopaling rascal

SIDS Vicious

me as well

Machai

I made the helmet transparent

FluffieDuckie

Mogren posted:

Thanks a bunch. I'll leave a mail here since I can't use PMs masdee@hush.com

sent. thanks for your patience

Machai posted:

I made the helmet transparent

this rocks

ChairmanMeow

thank you!

i am he

you should flip it so its facing your posts too

ChairmanMeow

she can't bear to look at them
*I'm just waiting for one more day before i get it

Machai

i am he posted:

you should flip it so its facing your posts too

i am he

good av

Machai

rules for a good av:

-big
-transparent, unless the background is an important part of the image
-facing to the right