Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

serious gaylord posted:

And since only 10 stores in the entire uk received more than 1 of those stormclaw boxes, I'm not sure where the 'they had loads' has come from too.

My "local" GW (FreewayV) had at least 3-4 on the shelf (might have been up to 7, but I don't want to oversell it based on a 30 second memory) and their facebook page had claimed they already sold some that morning. I'll have to ask how many Card Kingdom got the next time I'm back in Ballard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

It ignores terrain while leaping, why would it need assault grenades?

If it ends up in difficult terrain after leaping, it still takes a dangerous terrain test and attacks at I1, just like jump units. Leaping may help to reach units behind some cover, but not anything sitting in cover. And given the size of the base, anything it leaps over needs to be pretty small.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Reading the SW rumours makes me sad. Grey Hunter supposedly losing their chainswords :negative:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

DJ Dizzy posted:

Reading the SW rumours makes me sad. Grey Hunter supposedly losing their chainswords :negative:

Where are you seeing these?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Anything on the rest of the nids in the book yet? Malanthrope, stonecrushers, or the GC's?

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

DJ Dizzy posted:

Are we looking at September for the next 40k codex?

I have 0 stake in space wolves (aside from the models I bought to paint and that my most regular opponent runs them), but I really hope GW doesn't invalidate common models here, I'd hate for them to push more players out. It's getting annoying to find games.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Safety Factor posted:

At least that's thematic for Dark Angels. :unsmith:

And at least we look cool while doing it :unsmith:

xtothez posted:

If it ends up in difficult terrain after leaping, it still takes a dangerous terrain test and attacks at I1, just like jump units. Leaping may help to reach units behind some cover, but not anything sitting in cover. And given the size of the base, anything it leaps over needs to be pretty small.

Yup. Ignoring terrain while moving doesn't give it the ability to ignore the effects of cover or being in cover. And if you're using the Leaping ability to move over terrain then you're not going to get HoW when it charges, lowering it's ability to kill.

It has all the stats of being a credible threat with no ability to actually make it so.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Slimnoid posted:

It has all the stats of being a credible threat with no ability to actually make it so.

Eh, 200pts for that is pretty ridiculously costed. If I showed you a Carnifex with those statistics you'd say that it was bullshit. If it were in the main codex it would be 300pts easily. It also looks like Forgeworld just barfed as many special rules onto a page that they could think of and called it a day.

Edit: Additionally, the way that page reads the model has six Melee weapons (one for Grasping Talons, one for Thorax Spine-maw, four for two pairs of Sickle Claws), giving +5 attacks to its base 5 profile (it doesn't note anywhere that these attacks are already included).

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 20, 2014

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

WhiteWolf123 posted:

Oh man, that really sucks. Oh well.

Well, it's not awful- 6" move + Run + assault with 'Ere We Go means you can potentially cover quite a lot of ground, but multicharging is still really awkward and means you're only S3 when you swing. However, it's a ton of models in a unit to deal with. I would say it's fine for use in casual play, but it's probably not gonna be winning top slots in tournaments.

xtothez posted:

Yeah this thing is the size of a Knight but only has 6" movement, and they forgot to give it Fearless like all other Nid MCs. Way to maintain your reputation, Forge World.

Hrm, this is surprisingly less awful than I was assuming. It manages to dodge most of the usual lovely things about MCs (low WS, Init, and Attacks being some of the big ones.) WS8 is shockingly high, and A5 + rampage + multiple melee weapons sets it up with a ton of attacks that will hit pretty often. Adrenal Glands actually set it up pretty well- Fleet helps it move a little quicker and between FC and the +1 Str on its torso maw, it can ID out MEQ characters quite easily. (Of course, it can do that with its other weapon as well, but that's beside the point.) FNP (4+) is really nice on a MC and give it good survivability once it gets into a fight, and Init 6 means that it will strike before almost everything in the game, at least as long as it can dodge terrain.

However, being T6/3+ with just regular movement (as Leaping doesn't actually do much of anything) means that it will struggle to get into a fight. Six wounds isn't bad in that respect, but in and of itself it's not really sufficient- and unlike a Trygon, it can't Deep Strike in to limit the time the enemy has to shoot at it. I also don't really like the weird chains of special rules on its stuff- Grasping Talons have Spinemaw Strike, which give you a Spinemaw Talon attack, which lets you use your Digestion Spike ability, which generates Plasm token, which swallow a cat to catch the mouse, etc. The rules work, which is more than you can say for some FW stuff, but it feels very clunky, a process with waaaaaaay too many steps in it. Also, why the hell does this thing have FOUR different and unrelated ways to inflict Instant Death on most targets? That is just crazypants.

All in all, it's probably the best Tyranid FW has ever printed, but that isn't saying much. I'd rank it a bit below also-rans like the Haruspex for the most part; it's not awful, but it's sure as hell not gonna changes a lot of games. I like that it's got a good statline and the concept of its abilities, if not the execution, is pretty neat. The torso is also a lot less scrawny than it initially appeared, but the "hat" and doubleclaws still look pretty goofy and the leg posing and jointing is awful.

Slimnoid posted:

And if you're using the Leaping ability to move over terrain then you're not going to get HoW when it charges, lowering it's ability to kill.

Remember all MCs have the Hammer of Wrath ability, so that part of it is pretty meaningless. FW loves redundant rules.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

PierreTheMime posted:

Eh, 200pts for that is pretty ridiculously costed. If I showed you a Carnifex with those statistics you'd say that it was bullshit. If it were in the main codex it would be 300pts easily. It also looks like Forgeworld just barfed as many special rules onto a page that they could think of and called it a day.

I said stats, not points :v:

If it was 200pts AND could move 12" I'd think it was a great unit that ought to be included in most 'nid armies. But yeah, like you said, they just upchucked a bunch of rules without really thinking about how effective it actually would be.

Miruvor
Jan 19, 2007
Pillbug
Am I reading the leaping rule wrong in that it allows 6" movement, then if you 'Leap' in the movement phase, another 6" move? Or is that just giving it too much credit?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Slimnoid posted:

200pts for something that isn't Fearless and moves 6" a turn, and is the size of a goddamn Knight. It will get shot to hell before it ever makes it into combat.

Edit: Also the model looks stupid.

You say this like the enemy is going to magically spawn guns that wouldn't be shooting at any of your other TMCs. It is a murder beast with fleet... your opponent will want to shoot it dead before it gets into anything good which is why you spend 50 points to hide a venonthrope behind it.

At least it is S7 against vehicles. Landraiders and walkers are still the nids greatest threats though.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

AbusePuppy posted:

Remember all MCs have the Hammer of Wrath ability, so that part of it is pretty meaningless. FW loves redundant rules.

Not in this case. If it leaps in the movement phase then you get a normal HoW if you then assault, but if you leap in the assault phase your HoW gets bonuses.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

AbusePuppy posted:

Hrm, this is surprisingly less awful than I was assuming.
I'd be far more excited if it had those rules/stats, but was more Carnifex-sized (and like £35 instead of £85). Right now it just looks like an expensive fire magnet, and I already have a Tyrannofex which will do a better job of that.

It's also pretty disappointing they missed an opportunity for the Dimachaeron to be a Knight-counter. Faster movement and Armourbane instead of ID on those sickle claws would have done wonders, even at 300pts.

Miruvor posted:

Am I reading the leaping rule wrong in that it allows 6" movement, then if you 'Leap' in the movement phase, another 6" move? Or is that just giving it too much credit?

In the movement phase it's basically a Jump MC, but with 6" move instead of 12".

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

drgnvale posted:

Are we looking at September for the next 40k codex?

I have 0 stake in space wolves (aside from the models I bought to paint and that my most regular opponent runs them), but I really hope GW doesn't invalidate common models here, I'd hate for them to push more players out. It's getting annoying to find games.

There's some stuff on BoLS about Space Wolfs, apparently everyone gets a pistol but you have to trade out the bolter for the chainsword if you want the extra attack. I don't see a problem with it, since at present I'm pretty sure that compared to my Dark Angels, Wolfs are giving up stubborn and "paying" negative one points per model, to get +1A, counter-attack, and acute senses.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
From the guy posting the Dimahchaeron stuff on the Tyranid Hive board:

quote:

The Malanthrope has been OK overhauled again and is now like a Vthrope on steroids. Elite instead of HQ. Tox maisma, regen, fleet, MTC, shrouded, poisoned 2+, synapse, shadow, spore cloud, prey adaption & grasping tail. Still not an MC but T5, 4W 3+. Tail gives a 50/50 chance to halve opponent's attacks and drop Init to 1 in a challenge. May bring 1-3, each costs 5pts less than a Warrior Brood.

quote:

Does the Malanthrope have shrouded for only itself? Or does it provide a shrouded buff like the Venomthrope?

quote:

Spore Cloud - 6" bubble :)

Now this looks promising :) A synapse Venomthrope on steroids...

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

DJ Dizzy posted:

I think if they either had bolter or chainsword and had the option to buy the other for a point or two like Chaos Marines, plus counter-attack, they'd be perfectly fine. I always thought Grey Hunters were a little undercosted, especially compared to Blood Claws.

I don't have much stake in Wolves since I don't plan on breaking mine out ever again really, but as a former player I still wouldn't mind that change.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

xtothez posted:

From the guy posting the Dimahchaeron stuff on the Tyranid Hive board:

How convenient, I just got a cheap rear end one on ebay!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

xtothez posted:

If I can get a tough Venomthrope that won't die to S8+ shots for 85pts that's going to be my go-to for first-turn Shrouding from now on. It helps that I've had one languishing in my display case for years.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Do you actually know this or are you not considering the fact there's probably 30 independent retailers to every 1 of GW's? And is it really so hard to believe that a company would have a vested interest in supplying their own first-party retailers adequately before sending like 4 to some random store in the sticks that will sit on the stock?

I love how you keep leaping in to white knight GW Australia when you don't have the remotest sense of what goes on here, such as how 30 to 1 is more like 2 or 3 to 1, and GW doing what you just described violates consumer laws.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Hey goons, I think I have the list I want to play my orks with. Any thoughts from folks who have actually played 7th or the new Orks?

quote:

+++ Ork Scout Party (2000pts) +++
+++ 2000pt Orks: Codex (2014), Orks: Codex (2014) Roster (Formation Detachment, Combined Arms Detachment)) +++

Selections:

Orks: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) Selections:

+ Formation + (1365pts)

* "Blitz Brigade" (750pts) (Waaagh! Ghazghkull)
(Biggest an' da Best (formation), Da Boss iz Watchin' (formation), Know Yer Limitz)
* Battlewagon (135pts) (Codex: Orks)
Reinforced Ram (5pts), 4x Rokkit Launcha (20pts)
* Battlewagon (135pts) (Codex: Orks)
Reinforced Ram (5pts), 4x Rokkit Launcha (20pts)
* Battlewagon (160pts) (Codex: Orks)
Boarding Plank (15pts), Grot Riggers (10pts) (It Will Not Die), Reinforced Ram (5pts), 4x Rokkit Launcha (20pts)
Boarding Plank (15pts), Grot Riggers (10pts) (It Will Not Die), Reinforced Ram (5pts), 4x Rokkit Launcha (20pts)

* "Ghazghkull's Bullyboyz" (615pts) (Waaagh! Ghazghkull)
(Biggest an' da Best (formation), Bullyboyz, Da Boss iz Watchin' (formation), Fear, Fearless)
* Meganobz (205pts) (Codex: Orks)
('Ere We Go!, Furious Charge, Mob Rule)
* Boss Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota (45pts)
Bosspole (5pts), Mega Armour (Bulky, Slow And Purposeful), Power Klaw, Stikkbombs, Twin-linked Shoota
* Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota (40pts)
Mega Armour (Bulky, Slow And Purposeful), Power Klaw, Stikkbombs, Twin-linked Shoota
Mega Armour (Bulky, Slow And Purposeful), Power Klaw, Stikkbombs, Twin-linked Shoota
Bosspole (5pts), Mega Armour (Bulky, Slow And Purposeful), Power Klaw, Stikkbombs, Twin-linked Shoota

Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) Selections:

+ No Force Org Slot + (30pts)

* Mek (15pts) (Codex: Orks)
('Ere We Go!, Furious Charge, Mekaniaks, Mob Rule)
Choppa, Mek's Tools, Slugga, Stikkbombs

* Mek (15pts) (Codex: Orks)
('Ere We Go!, Furious Charge, Mekaniaks, Mob Rule)
Choppa, Mek's Tools, Slugga, Stikkbombs

+ HQ + (225pts)

* Painboy (75pts) (Codex: Orks)
('Ere We Go!, Furious Charge, Independent Character, Mob Rule)
'Urty Syringe, Dok's Tools (Feel No Pain), HQ
* Warbike (25pts)
Twin-linked Dakkaguns

* Zhadsnark 'Da Rippa' (FW) (150pts) (Dred_Mob.pdf)
(Furious Charge, Independent Character, Mob Rule, Skilled Rider, Waaagh!, Warlord Trait: Biker Boss)
Da Rippa, HQ, Sitkkbombz, Slugga, Warlord, Zhadsnark (Ork Tactical Objectives, Warlord)
* Da Beast
(*, Exhaust Cloud)
Twin-linked Big Shoota

+ Troops + (380pts)

* Gretchin (35pts) (Codex: Orks)
* 10x Gretchin (30pts)
10x Grot Blasta
* Runtherd
('Ere We Go!, Furious Charge)
Grabba stik (Throttle), Slugga, Stikkbombs

* Gretchin (35pts) (Codex: Orks)
* 10x Gretchin (30pts)
10x Grot Blasta
* Runtherd
('Ere We Go!, Furious Charge)
Grabba stik (Throttle), Slugga, Stikkbombs

* Zhadsnark's Warbikers (310pts) (Codex: Orks)
* 14x Warbiker (252pts)
14x Choppa, 14x Slugga
* 14x Warbike
14x Twin-linked Dakkaguns
* Warbiker Nob (58pts)
Bosspole (5pts), Power Klaw (25pts), Slugga
* Warbike
Twin-linked Dakkaguns

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

quote:

The Stonecrusher: 30pts more than a standard 'Fex, +1S, -1A, no other stat changes.

1-3, MC. Carapace Chitin-rams & pair of Wrecker claws as standard. Can swap claws for Claw & Flail & can take spine banks, bio-plasma & scythe/mace tail 'morphs.

Reinforced Carapace: all ranged hits are -1S when rolling to wound.
Other three standard 'Fex special rules.

Wrecker Claws: AP 1, Wrecker, Sunder.
Wrecker: re-roll all failed pen rolls vs fortifications & immobile structures & +1 on building damage chart. If destroying walls/bulkheads as terrain remove that terrain piece.
Sunder: re-rolls all failed pen rolls (all targets).

Wrecker Claw & Flail: AP1 Sweep Attack, Instant Death
Sweep Attack: instead of use the model's A stat in melee, make number of attacks equal to models in base contact
Instant Death: lol

WAT, BIG CLAWS, WHERE IS THE ARMOURBANE WTF I wondered...then saw...

Carapace Chitin-rams: All HOW attacks are AP2. Also when targeted against a building, fortification & any ground vehicle all HOW attacks gain Armourbane and when targeted vs MCs & GCs that are not swooping gains the Monster Hunter USR.

So 150pts will get D3 S10 Armourbane HoW attacks, followed by four S10 AP1 attacks that re-roll pens. Interesting. I wonder if they can be used with the Wrecker Node formation for the extra HoW attack...

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Raphus C posted:

Given how easy it is to kill 6+ save models and that these models are then punished again (7+ leadership is going to fail fairly regularly) the rule is bad.

It's D6 S4 hits. It will average ~1.5 casualties. How is that a punishment when the alternative is the unit breaks and you potentially lose the entire thing?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

I love how you keep leaping in to white knight GW Australia when you don't have the remotest sense of what goes on here, such as how 30 to 1 is more like 2 or 3 to 1, and GW doing what you just described violates consumer laws.

This is sort of his gimmick.

At least I hope its a gimmick posting thing, because the idea that someone who doesn't work at GW would defend them this strongly is kind of disturbing.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

NTRabbit posted:

He also just stops posting about it anytime someone calls him out on his bullshit like this, only to trot out the same crap the next time the topic comes up. See: the last page and a bit.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
Me and my brother will be playing some 40k again at Game Kastle Fremont later today so if any of you goons are around don't be afraid to come and say hi.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Anyone with the Stormclaw set that has the datasheets? What are the Grey Hunters armed with there?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

xtothez posted:

So 150pts will get D3 S10 Armourbane HoW attacks, followed by four S10 AP1 attacks that re-roll pens. Interesting. I wonder if they can be used with the Wrecker Node formation for the extra HoW attack...

How is it 4 when they have 2 attacks base? (One less than a carnifex's base attacks of 3 if "The Stonecrusher: 30pts more than a standard 'Fex, +1S, -1A, no other stat changes."
is true)
VVVVVV The wrecker claws and flails take up two arm slots, it only looks like they might count as a single set of weps like lashwhip & bonesword

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 20, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
My primary hope is that people will just stop buying GW poo poo if they're so unhappy with it, which is the sensible thing to do, instead of just passively bitching or fleeing to the secondary market, which is still ultimately good for GW. Likewise, nothing in the ACL forbids GW from doing as I described, as what GW is supposedly doing still doesn't fall under exclusive dealing clauses (which is the only thing that even comes close).

But okay, you people are free to continue to indirectly support the company you seem to have an irrational hatred for.

Hencoe posted:

How is it 4 when they have 2 attacks base? (One less than a carnifex's base attacks of 3 if "The Stonecrusher: 30pts more than a standard 'Fex, +1S, -1A, no other stat changes." is true)

Presumably, 2+1 (charge)+ 1 (weapons?). Carnifexes have two sets of weapons, right?

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 20, 2014

Germ
May 7, 2013

ANAmal.net posted:

There's some stuff on BoLS about Space Wolfs, apparently everyone gets a pistol but you have to trade out the bolter for the chainsword if you want the extra attack. I don't see a problem with it, since at present I'm pretty sure that compared to my Dark Angels, Wolfs are giving up stubborn and "paying" negative one points per model, to get +1A, counter-attack, and acute senses.

The fact that one of the revelations provided by the gods of Chaos is the knowledge of how to use a holster never gets old. Silly loyalists still haven't figured out that you don't have to carry everything you need into battle if you've got pockets.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

My primary hope is that people will just stop buying GW poo poo if they're so unhappy with it, which is the sensible thing to do, instead of just passively bitching or fleeing to the secondary market, which is still ultimately good for GW. Likewise, nothing in the ACL forbids GW from doing as I described, as what GW is supposedly doing still doesn't fall under exclusive dealing clauses (which is the only thing that even comes close).

But okay, you people are free to continue to indirectly support the company you seem to have an irrational hatred for.

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

i spent a grand on forge world last month thanks for bringing it up

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
I'll be honest, if I already had a stonecrusher fex or my opponent didn't mind me using a normal one for proxy I'd be looking forward to giving them a fair shake, especially since it seems like they are an almost guaranteed death against anything with hull points once they assault. That Dimaerwhatsit on the other hand seems like it really blows, but I see one major, major thing that will make it useless above all else: it's in the fast attack slot. Harpy/Crone or that thing is not exactly a tough choice. I would even consider it for elite/fast attack because it serves a similar purpose to other units in those slots that I often bring already, but anyone that can field the FMCs would be insane to use this thing. If they didn't have the FMCs they would be insane to buy this thing instead of the FMCs. Now that nid FA slots have one of our most useful pairs of units anything they try to shoehorn in there better be drat good for its point cost.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

PeterWeller posted:

It's D6 S4 hits. It will average ~1.5 casualties. How is that a punishment when the alternative is the unit breaks and you potentially lose the entire thing?

In comparison to the old version, taking damaging hits and likely some casualties versus not taking the hits is obviously gonna feel kinda lovely. It also can be really bad when you get forced to take multiple morale/pinning checks in a turn (due to Tank Shock, being disembarked, etc)- sure, on average you'll only lose one or two Boyz, but sometimes you'll roll six hits and 4-5 wounds and half your unit will disappear from a single Pinning check.

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Not every complaint indicates irrational hatred. It's entirely legitimate to criticize flaws in things you enjoy because you want them to be better, so long as the criticisms are founded in something meaningful.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Moola posted:

This is sort of his gimmick.

At least I hope its a gimmick posting thing, because the idea that someone who doesn't work at GW would defend them this strongly is kind of disturbing.

No more disturbing than the people with a pathological need to put the boot into GW at every opportunity, real or imagined.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I haven't bought anything GW in years. Am I allowed to complain about their lovely business practices yet? Or is this where you tell me to get out of a GW thread if I'm not buying anything?

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

PeterWeller posted:

It is fine for Boyz, but I would rather lootas etc just ran away. They will be more than likely able to rally next turn, or they used to when numbers mattered for leadership. Mob-rule is similar to its last iteration. Good for some units bad for others. It is better for small CC units, large ones used to be fearless. Nobz and Manz are happier now (though if they are losing combat you're hosed). It is worse for small shooting units such as burna-boyz and lootas that will often not have a character with the unit (or be in CC).

In other news, WAAAAAAAGH:

lovely pictures but you get the idea. Roughly 9,543pts of Orks. That is my painted poo poo.

Unpainted I have another 1,200pts.

If I look at what I could build with the models I have left over I shudder. I have too much poo poo.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

spacegoat posted:

I haven't bought anything GW in years. Am I allowed to complain about their lovely business practices yet? Or is this where you tell me to get out of a GW thread if I'm not buying anything?

You're certainly allowed to complain without being actively hypocritical but then the question probably becomes 'why do you bother posting here'.

AbusePuppy posted:

Not every complaint indicates irrational hatred. It's entirely legitimate to criticize flaws in things you enjoy because you want them to be better, so long as the criticisms are founded in something meaningful.

I know, but there's people who actually play and give a poo poo about the game, and people whose primary contribution seems to be various degrees of 'golly i sure do hate GW'.

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 20, 2014

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

No more disturbing than the people with a pathological need to put the boot into GW at every opportunity, real or imagined.

Complaining when they do something lovely shouldn't need defending. Besides, I'm putting the boot in this disingenuous fuckwit, not GW.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
A friend of mine picked up the new giant nid gribbly at the open day today, and we've got a huge Apocalypse game planned for the weekend of Sept 13th.

Gonna shoot it in it's dumb face. A lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

You're certainly allowed to complain without being actively hypocritical but then the question probably becomes 'why do you bother posting here'.

I know, but there's people who actually play and give a poo poo about the game, and people whose primary contribution seems to be various degrees of 'golly i sure do hate GW'.

Because in spite of posters like you this is a good thread and a good community. I've been playing GW games for ~25 years now and just because I disagree with their business practices and don't support them anymore doesn't mean I don't want the hobby as a whole to do well.

This "either/or" attitude you have towards anyone critical of GW is beyond pathetic.

• Locked thread