Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

ImpAtom posted:

I suspect that is the best part of that movie.

Nah, Vegeta discovering Super Saiyan THAT'S MY BULMA and going absolutely apeshit on Bills was the best part of the movie. For a shining moment he was stronger than Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Looks like we got another DBZ movie in the works.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/07/15/new-dragon-ball-z-anime-movie-slated-for-2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Nah, Vegeta discovering Super Saiyan THAT'S MY BULMA and going absolutely apeshit on Bills was the best part of the movie. For a shining moment he was stronger than Goku.

Seriously it is the best part and the ending.

loving Goku being the dumbass suggests that Bulma gets hurt more so Vegeta can bet more powerful. I think you here an offscreen slap from Bulma when he says that.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

Seriously it is the best part and the ending.

loving Goku being the dumbass suggests that Bulma gets hurt more so Vegeta can bet more powerful. I think you here an offscreen slap from Bulma when he says that.

I think Vegeta even encourages her to beat the poo poo out Goku

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Sweet we actually got something in July from TFS.

The DBZ Kai Abrigded Ep. 2

http://teamfourstar.com/video/tfs-dragonball-z-kai-abridged-parody-episode-1/

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

BMB5150 posted:

Oh my god, that Dodoria is a woman joke was somehow even better than the first one.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BMB5150 posted:

It's magnificent. :allears: Loved Zarbon's seductive moaning.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I can't possible decide on a favorite thing here, so I am gonna settle on Dende Little Green's bedroom eyes towards Gohan.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

e X posted:

I can't possible decide on a favorite thing here, so I am gonna settle on Dende Little Green's bedroom eyes towards Gohan.

It was Goku's ship crash landing on the Ginyu Force, hands down.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm sorry, you both seem to have missed Vegeta breaking through the "plugin has crashed" picture.

Also, the entire Spirit Bomb bit was great.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

No, Freezer-dono, yamete!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Oh god, that was glorious. :allears:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm gonna go with "Hey guys! You remind me of some assholes I'm gonna kill!" and "P-Piccolo... why didn't you DODGE!?"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Some Numbers posted:

I'm sorry, you both seem to have missed Vegeta breaking through the "plugin has crashed" picture.
The laughter leading up to that had me in tears.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Such genuine happiness at the muffins. Amazing.:allears:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I loving lost it at goku's ship killing all the ginyus.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Died at "I'm TWO GUYS now!"

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
LEARN SOME GODDAMN NAMEKIAN.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The Ginyu death was hilarious. Honestly the whole thing was great.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

How do they manage to keep dodge jokes entertaining still. :allears:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Zedd posted:

How do they manage to keep dodge jokes entertaining still. :allears:

Years of practice.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

And using them sparingly. I mean, the last dodge joke was only a few episodes ago, but then you realize that it was also a movie and several months ago.

Also, on further reflection: Best moment? "I don't care what happened, because I'm a Super Saiya-" *BAM!* *CRASH!!* *NO FREEZA-DONO, YAMETE!!* "Imma Super Saiy-" *CRASH!* *PUNCH!*"Ahm uh Shuper Shaiya-"*CRASH!**SHAZAM!**GOKU!*"Ehsh uh shoopa sheyha**BLAST!**PUNCTURED LUNG!*

Just the way poor Vegeta struggles to stay coherent while Freeza-dono beats him up. :allears:

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 20, 2014

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Ahahaha they brought back Goku's squeaking. :laffo:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Spiderdrake posted:

The laughter leading up to that had me in tears.

For some reason it was the jazz track that was playing the whole time he was laughing that got me.

But seriously, "the thing" in all it's incarnations was the best.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
"It looks like the dragon brought every person on Namek to earth!"

"ALL OF THEM!?"

Perfection.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Dende's Borderland style title card, with musical cue, was also pretty awesome.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:allears: I hope they never stop. TFS has not lost it's edge at all. Too many things to list that was hilarious as hell. gently caress it all of that was hilarious as poo poo.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
It's a thing of beauty:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I really enjoyed this one, but I still think their first Kai parody was a little better (I think because they kept it to two minutes, which I feel added to the humor of the first one). And I also just rewatched it on youtube and noticed e X's screen shot during the Krillan's Solar Flare, which was hilarious.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cozz posted:

I really enjoyed this one, but I still think their first Kai parody was a little better (I think because they kept it to two minutes, which I feel added to the humor of the first one). And I also just rewatched it on youtube and noticed e X's screen shot during the Krillan's Solar Flare, which was hilarious.

The 2nd season was like twice as long though?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Kild posted:

The 2nd season was like twice as long though?

It is, I guess I personally just think that condensing it into two minutes and still hitting most of the same story beats was hilarious for the Sayian Saga. I think a two minute long parody of this season would probably feel rushed, but I think it would have been interesting to see.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cozz posted:

It is, I guess I personally just think that condensing it into two minutes and still hitting most of the same story beats was hilarious for the Sayian Saga. I think a two minute long parody of this season would probably feel rushed, but I think it would have been interesting to see.

I really don't think it would have been possible. Think of how much stuff they skipped in a few seconds, like the entire Ginyu Force. I can't see anywhere they really could have trimmed things except a few jokes where the entire point was the slowed-down pace.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I really don't think it would have been possible. Think of how much stuff they skipped in a few seconds, like the entire Ginyu Force. I can't see anywhere they really could have trimmed things except a few jokes where the entire point was the slowed-down pace.

Hell, I think the Ginyu Force was just about the only thing they could skip (aside from the boring Pre-Namek stuff like Fake Namek) and save more than a few seconds. Cui and Dodoria were skipable, but they were both dispatched in seconds and Dodoria was one of the funnier gags anyway. Maybe cut Zarbon down to one fight? But that would deprive us of his loving majestic voice acting in this. Then you go pretty much straight from Zarbon into the Ginyus and then straight from them into Freeza, and it felt like they loving sprinted through him, as fun as it was.

Edit: Man...watching this again, I can't get over how loving fantastic the voicework is throughout. Basically everyone who talks has at least one line that got at least a chuckle out of me, and Vegeta, Dende, Dodoria, Freeza, Zarbon, and Piccolo are all a drat riot every time they open their mouths.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 20, 2014

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
So much gold. :allears: "I wonder if this will become a trend."

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 20, 2014

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I think I realized the difference between the videos. Kai Abridged 1's basic joke is "Let's condense our season 1 to a two minute clip", which to me is a hilarious joke due to the breakneck pace. They could have made it longer by referencing some of their other jokes, or even shorter but cutting out Mr. Popo. This season's video was basically tell a story and hit their jokes, which is still entertaining, but slightly different than their first episode, which I prefer. I think if they really wanted to, they could have cut some things to make it 3 or 4 minutes, but it would be a completely different video.

In DBZ Multiverse News, Universe 13 Vegeta better be ok.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cozz posted:

I think I realized the difference between the videos. Kai Abridged 1's basic joke is "Let's condense our season 1 to a two minute clip", which to me is a hilarious joke due to the breakneck pace. They could have made it longer by referencing some of their other jokes, or even shorter but cutting out Mr. Popo. This season's video was basically tell a story and hit their jokes, which is still entertaining, but slightly different than their first episode, which I prefer. I think if they really wanted to, they could have cut some things to make it 3 or 4 minutes, but it would be a completely different video.

That was basically the joke here too, though? Aside from a couple jokes like the intro or Krillin telling Bulma not to do anything that are slow specifically to be funny, the voicework and editing were both moving by so fast it felt like you could read the entire script in a few breaths.

Cozz posted:

In DBZ Multiverse News, Universe 13 Vegeta better be ok.

I'm kind of torn - especially with the side-story starting Wednesday. On the one hand we could be cutting away from the fight because Vegeta's hosed and the fight's basically over and we'll just be cutting back to the aftermath once the side-story's done, but on the other hand we could be having a side-story to take a breather from "U13 Vegeta murders loving everyone" before he finishes off Rachi and the ghost warriors after the side-story.

I'm leaning towards him losing, though - Raichi has more baggage you'd expect to see go deep.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Spiritus Nox posted:

That was basically the joke here too, though? Aside from a couple jokes like the intro or Krillin telling Bulma not to do anything that are slow specifically to be funny, the voicework and editing were both moving by so fast it felt like you could read the entire script in a few breaths.

I'm kind of torn - especially with the side-story starting Wednesday. On the one hand we could be cutting away from the fight because Vegeta's hosed and the fight's basically over and we'll just be cutting back to the aftermath once the side-story's done, but on the other hand we could be having a side-story to take a breather from "U13 Vegeta murders loving everyone" before he finishes off Rachi and the ghost warriors after the side-story.

I'm leaning towards him losing, though - Raichi has more baggage you'd expect to see go deep.

For real dude (other dude obviously), they blitzed through the Freeza saga as quickly as they could. It was awesome, hands down.

And I kind of hope U13 Vegeta is out. The whole fight was just Vegeta cleaning house, so a twist like this makes sense. The whole chapter kind of got boring without some kind of cool twist like this happening.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

I can see that I'm not going to convince anyone about the slight difference I see in Kai 1 and Kai 2, so I'm going to drop it. I have some thoughts of jokes that could have been cut, but those jokes were funny, so I'm happy with what got.

For Multi-verse, I think I'd be ok with U13 Vegeta losing the fight (although this is the 2nd fight that features a non-joke character that I will dislike the result of, the first being Tapion-Krillan), but I hope he doesn't die, unless that's what Universe 13 Kakarotto needs to go get a mystic powerup to battle U18 Vegeta.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Cozz posted:

I can see that I'm not going to convince anyone about the slight difference I see in Kai 1 and Kai 2, so I'm going to drop it. I have some thoughts of jokes that could have been cut, but those jokes were funny, so I'm happy with what got.

If it's any consolation, I had the same thoughts as you.

Still funny, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MastG
May 25, 2014
I feel like they used this video for jokes they didn't use when actually going through the series. The "why didn't you dodge" one seems pretty obvious in retrospect but would have been out of place given the mood of the scene in the real episode.

• Locked thread