Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
hwa? Is that from sookie getting blood all over her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Bill noooooooo

I wonder why I give a crap but I do

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Don't worry guys — Bill's just going to cure himself when he realizes he still is actually full of Lilith and she's been hiding.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
Lafayette being a top is the craziest thing about this episode. I also laughed at Jessica calling old whatshisface an "incredible rear end in a top hat" because I bet Lafayette was thinking the same.

Also speaking of Lala: The last time he and sookie spoke, he called her the "angel of death" and basically said he wanted nothing to do with her. Now it's like they're best friends again? The relationships on this show are literally the most convoluted out of any show I've ever seen. Ever.

e: Oh one more thing... what are the Bill flashbacks about? Why do we need so many? Did they not have enough material to fill time with? Because a party with nearly every character in attendance seems like it should provide plenty of writing fodder.

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 21, 2014

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dilber posted:

I want every episode from here on out ending with a vamp having hep V.

I just realized this was the halfway point of the season. Are there even 4 more vamps that can get Hep V that would matter enough to be an episode cliffhanger? I say 4 because the final episode would be them all killing everybody and then dying.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
So the last person we saw Bill drink from was Sookie, right? Could she have some kind of super strong magical fairy hep v that moves quickly through vamps?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Jason Stackhouse is a jabroni, the ancient vampire chick is way hotter than the loving emo ginger.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

The woman playing Sarah Newlin's sister was one of the worst actresses I've seen in a long time. Good god.

All this sappy emotional stuff has to go. More yakuza shooting up Ted Cruz meets please.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Illuen posted:

So the last person we saw Bill drink from was Sookie, right? Could she have some kind of super strong magical fairy hep v that moves quickly through vamps?

It's also possible Bill contracted it while killing all of those vamps at Fangtastia. They made a big fuss a few episodes ago about not letting any of the infected blood get in your mouth/eyes.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Captain Mog posted:

e: Oh one more thing... what are the Bill flashbacks about? Why do we need so many? Did they not have enough material to fill time with? Because a party with nearly every character in attendance seems like it should provide plenty of writing fodder.

If I had to guess Bill is reflecting on his mortal life and realizing that in his vampire life he's done nothing good. He's comparing his vampirism to his having to join the Confederate army and how it costs him everything he wants or cares about.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

All this sappy emotional stuff has to go. More yakuza shooting up Ted Cruz meets please.

Yeah that poo poo ruled. Also more Eric ripping and tearing :unsmigghh:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Show needs to end with Sarah taking over the yakuza and killing all vamps.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The woman playing Sarah Newlin's sister was one of the worst actresses I've seen in a long time. Good god.

If Ted Cruz would show up for a cameo or something I would instantly lose like 90% of the hate I have for him. Still enough to want to see him die in a fire, but maybe a quick death.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
A little disappointed they couldn't figure out some way to get Robert Patrick's character out to Dallas to take part in that little T2 homage they had going there.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
^ exactly and especially when Eric turns a corner and Sarah pulls a Sarah Conner running full sprint and stopping in slow motion.

Really good episode.

I was drinking a beer when Eric took the Yakuza's face off and I found it so hilariously over the top and awesome I literally spit up and had to clean up a pool of beer from my coffee table and floor.

I think Bill's flashbacks are always interesting. I feel like they're beginning their end to his redemption arc. My guess is all vampires die by the end and somehow humanity is saddened by this and honors them. Otherwise I just don't know how else they can truly end this show in 5 episodes.

Unless it's a happily ever after ending which I just don't see.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Wasn't that the same Yakuza guy that killed his french girl? I thought there was a moment of recognition in his face. Before it got ripped off. So I guess it's far easier to rip a mobsters jaw off than it is to punch down a brick wall. I really like how they're going out of their way to bring back a bunch of old stuff from early in the show. We ever get to see that vampire hotel again.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

counterfeitsaint posted:

Wasn't that the same Yakuza guy that killed his french girl? I thought there was a moment of recognition in his face. Before it got ripped off. So I guess it's far easier to rip a mobsters jaw off than it is to punch down a brick wall. I really like how they're going out of their way to bring back a bunch of old stuff from early in the show. We ever get to see that vampire hotel again.

That's a good point. I mean I'll just suspend disbelief on his new found strength as adrenaline from rage seeing Sarah Newlin and the guy who murdered his French girl.

Yakuza must have some killer age defying formulas because apparently 25~ years later and he looks the same. :)

or you know, insert asian age defying gene stereotype here

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

Chris James 2 posted:

Finally somebody acknowledges how hosed the town is. Only took 7 seasons.

In terms of a timeline, this whole entire series has taken place over, what, 5 years, tops? There has been so much concentrated crazy going on that a ridiculously large group of psychoanalysts still probably wouldn't be able to treat the PTSD that must be bubbling beneath the surface.

Either that, or in the True Blood world, Louisiana is actually some sort of prison-island type of resting ground for all the whackjobs in the world, and the vampire stuff is actually a vacation for those people.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Bill flashbacks were a bit iffy but I agree with a poster from above so they make sense but were kinda out of order and not used to TB doing that, mostly. But I think this was definitely a really good episode.

OldSenileGuy posted:

A little disappointed they couldn't figure out some way to get Robert Patrick's character out to Dallas to take part in that little T2 homage they had going there.
Haha, I loving loved that moment. Too bad Eric didn't have a snappy one-liner before he killed that Yakuza dude for the full cheese there.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I thought for sure after the underground railroad flashback that the big reveal/point of the flashbacks was going to be that the jerk rich confederate guy was going to be revealed as a Stackhouse ancestor, and thus Bill is playing a longcon against the Stackhouse family.

I mean it wouldn't make sense with his actions from earlier seasons but that hasn't stopped this show before.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

bbf2 posted:

I thought for sure after the underground railroad flashback that the big reveal/point of the flashbacks was going to be that the jerk rich confederate guy was going to be revealed as a Stackhouse ancestor, and thus Bill is playing a longcon against the Stackhouse family.

I mean it wouldn't make sense with his actions from earlier seasons but that hasn't stopped this show before.
I would read your fanfiction.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Illuen posted:

Bill was a confederate solider who was also a member of the Underground Railroad? Seriously?

For whatever reason they really want to purge this specific potentially-negative characteristic out of his past.

So it was supposed to be a Texas Republican meetup and there was zero evidence of any concealed carry? Consider my belief not suspended :colbert:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Parlett316 posted:

Jason Stackhouse is a jabroni, the ancient vampire chick is way hotter than the loving emo ginger.

I actually really like Violet too. She's crazy and possessive, but she's also kind of sweet. She genuinely tries to help people Jason cares about.

tatopom
Apr 9, 2009

ultramiraculous posted:

For whatever reason they really want to purge this specific potentially-negative characteristic out of his past.

So it was supposed to be a Texas Republican meetup and there was zero evidence of any concealed carry? Consider my belief not suspended :colbert:

A realistic depiction of how people with conceal carry would respond? And don't they usually wave around at those conferences fancy/antique long barrel guns which look really unwieldy?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Nichael posted:

I actually really like Violet too. She's crazy and possessive, but she's also kind of sweet. She genuinely tries to help people Jason cares about.

She's a possessive nutcase, but you're absolutely right.

So will Jason get turned and have sex forever with Jessica?

Also, why the hell are we getting lovely BILL flashbacks!? Noone likes him and his family is dead. DEEEEAAAAAADDDDD.

Ginger is loving hilarious and I like the backbone Willa has. Eric was a lovely maker to her.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Nichael posted:

Yeah agreed. She's hot and seems to treat Jason well, at least, even despite her odd kinky quirks and hangups. He'd be an idiot to leave her for emotional trainwreck skank Jessica.

But he's Jason so being an idiot is part of his character.

e: I saw this in the Youtube comments for next week's preview and regardless of whether it's legit it seems so incredibly likely and eyeroll-inducing that I can't not share it. Like if this isn't the case, I'd be surprised:

random youtube person posted:

I was an extra on the show, so I can tell you what happens if you're interested.
SPOILER ALERT. Bill was infected with Hep V from feeding off Sookie, and Sookie was infected right before Alcide died, when she was covered in Hep V blood. This is also why the writers had Jessica specifically not want to feed off of Sookie's blood, so they had her feed from Lafayette instead, otherwise Jessica would have been infected too. However, since Sookie is part fae, her blood interacts with the Hep V virus in a different way than regular human blood. As a result, Bill's infection progresses at a much more rapid pace than normal Hep V.

After the disease runs its course, Bill turns into a human. The disease mutates from Sookie's blood and just when it looks like Bill is about to die, he becomes human. Hopefully that answers some questions.

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 21, 2014

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Captain Mog posted:

e: I saw this in the Youtube comments for next week's preview and regardless of whether it's legit it seems so incredibly likely and eyeroll-inducing that I can't not share it. Like if this isn't the case, I'd be surprised:

After reading this I actually laughed out loud, but I agree if this isn't the case I'd definitely be surprised too.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

Yeah I thought she was gonna be super one-note uber-bitch but yeah she seems like a genuinely good person, just a little weird. drat Jason, you hosed up.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

This episode was boring as hell. Way too much airtime spent on dumb angsty relationship dramas and pointless flashbacks. It felt like a filler episode.

They really need to get onto some sort of plot again after the HepV Vampire Club and Redneck Militia Takeover storylines just sorta ended.

Eric and Pam stole the show once again, and I did like how Nicole freaked out over how abnormally hosed up Bon Temps is.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Episode was as disappointing as Jessica's titties.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif

Captain Mog posted:

Yeah agreed. She's hot and seems to treat Jason well, at least, even despite her odd kinky quirks and hangups. He'd be an idiot to leave her for emotional trainwreck skank Jessica.

But he's Jason so being an idiot is part of his character.

Seems likely.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Krowley posted:

This episode was boring as hell. Way too much airtime spent on dumb angsty relationship dramas and pointless flashbacks. It felt like a filler episode.

They really need to get onto some sort of plot again after the HepV Vampire Club and Redneck Militia Takeover storylines just sorta ended.

Eric and Pam stole the show once again, and I did like how Nicole freaked out over how abnormally hosed up Bon Temps is.

I kind of like how the HepV vampires ended up being feral appears to be just a Bon Temps thing. Nowhere else in the world have we seen anyone freaking out about them (and this is certainly not because it was an ill-conceived season finale plot point. Certainly. Not.).

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

ruddiger posted:

Episode was as disappointing as Jessica's titties.

They were way overdue to come out though.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Salami from season 5 had the best titties. Everything before and since has been a crushing disappointment.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

evobatman posted:

They were way overdue to come out though.

They still haven't in this horney trooper's opinion.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Vhak lord of hate posted:

They still haven't in this horney trooper's opinion.

Didn't she give us the full frontal when her and Jason first hooked up? I'm pretty sure the only titties we haven't seen at this point are Willa's. And maybe pam. And Lettie may I guess.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Mog posted:

eetc 2 c: I saw this in the Youtube comments for next week's preview and regardless of whether it's legit it seems so incredibly likely and eyeroll-inducing that I can't not share it. Like if this isn't the case, I'd be surprised:

That sounds entirely plausible given that most people in this thread have assumed something along those lines would happen.

However if it does happen it might just overtake Dexter as the dumbest finale ever.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

ultramiraculous posted:

I kind of like how the HepV vampires ended up being feral appears to be just a Bon Temps thing. Nowhere else in the world have we seen anyone freaking out about them (and this is certainly not because it was an ill-conceived season finale plot point. Certainly. Not.).

I'm just going to assume those vampires were in the final stages and learned that constantly feeding kept them alive longer. Otherwise, yeah, weird.

TMMadman posted:

That sounds entirely plausible given that most people in this thread have assumed something along those lines would happen.

However if it does happen it might just overtake Dexter as the dumbest finale ever.
I'm not sure if that's possible?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Worse than Dexter is an awfully high bar to shoot for but if what was in that spoilered text actually happens it will have a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

smg77 posted:

Worse than Dexter is an awfully high bar to shoot for but if what was in that spoilered text actually happens it will have a shot.

watch they'll end up buying a little cabin in the pacific northwest too :(

• Locked thread