Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

Did the Goggs shotgun get nerfed aswell just wanting to know, also I can't seem to connect to the mumble server any more did it disband?

240 cost suits and below had their shotguns nerfed, Gogg(260 cost) is safe, thankfully. Mumble info changed slightly, I'll send it you on steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
The GP gashapon changes seriously are fantastic for new people. It has never been easier to get suits you want. It is just a shame I had to spend several million the day before they changed it.

:negative:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How'd they change the GP gashapon?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

-Troika- posted:

How'd they change the GP gashapon?

If you hit a red box, you can no longer get rentals, color sprays, or paint decals. Either Gold/silver version of the featured suit or a DX/Master ticket.

Rainbow modes pay out much better now.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Also, we're going to be getting a lot of new members next week since a lot of /m/'s WhitePiggu clan have agreed to join our clan since we are more active. Not necessarily just new players, we're picking up veterans as well.

If you haven't played within 2 months you are getting kicked to make room for active players, we're still aiming to keep the roster at 30 players for easier clan challenges.

All clan challenges were done this week, so you should enjoy quite a good boost if you decide to re-apply to the clan and play again.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Free Triangle posted:

240 cost suits and below had their shotguns nerfed, Gogg(260 cost) is safe, thankfully. Mumble info changed slightly, I'll send it you on steam.

oh nice so that means my desert assault zaku was untouched!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
http://www.twitch.tv/allborland/c/4705859

Enjoy why I love the gold kampfer.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Made the cuts today, not accepting new recruits until we get our clan challenges next war.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I wonder if they are gonna stick to one year war or keep advancing the years forward. It's gonna get pretty one sided if they keep going forward and the Feds are all flying around in gp03 orchis while Zeon is stuck in zakus.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

I wonder if they are gonna stick to one year war or keep advancing the years forward. It's gonna get pretty one sided if they keep going forward and the Feds are all flying around in gp03 orchis while Zeon is stuck in zakus.

Not sure, but when they release the next suit survey in September vote for all the latest overpowered stuff. Don't vote for modest stuff.

That's what the feds did back last September and they got EVERYTHING they asked for. I was really surprised when they gave them the Alex.

They take the results of the survey really seriously.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

They are gonna run out of awesome zeon stuff before they run out of fed stuff.

Then again zeon doesn't even have the loving zeong.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Kind of a bad shot, but it's there as an available ace on the A bou ko map:

Zeong would be a space-only suit, limiting its use though. Perfect Zeong would be great on the other hand.

You raise a good point though. I hope they move on to Neo-Zeon's Zeta/ZZ Gundam suits if they run out of strong Zeon OYW suits. :getin:

Last suit survey results. MS that have already been implemented are trimmed out:

code:
 Aqua suits
 MSM-02 Hydro test type
 MSM-04N Agguguy
 MSM-06 Jurick

Zaku suits
 MS-05Q Zaku I (Norris Major)
 MS-05S Zaku I (Gellert Schmeiser )
 MS-06E-3 Zaku Flipper 
 MS-06F Zaku (Shin Matsunaga) 
 MS-06S Zaku (Johnny Ridden)
 MS-06K Zaku Cannon (Gatling-mounted)
 MS-06R-3 High Mobility Zaku II (Gelgoog preceding prototype)
 MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai 
 MS-06V-8 Zakutank (Wild Boar)
 MS-06Z Psycommu Test Zaku 

Gouf suits
 YMS-07 Prototype Gouf
 YMS-08A High Mobility Prototype
 MS-07H Gouf flight test type
 MS-07G-1 Gouf Vijayanta
 MS-07G-2 Gouf Tactical Assault Type 

Dom suits
 MS-09F Dom Funf
 MS-09G Dwadge

Pezun plan
 MS-10-Pezun Dwadge
 MS-13 Gasshia 

Next generation MS Systems
 MS-14D Desert Gelgoog 
 MS-14FS Gelgoog commander machine 
 MS-14G Gelgoog Ground Type 
 MS-14JG Gelgoog Jaeger
 YMS-15E Gyan-Eos 

Other
 YMS-16M Xamel
 MS-19 Dolmel
 MSN-02 Zeong 
 MSN-02 Perfect Zeong 
 AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra
 YMT-05 Hildolfr
 RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2
 MS-21C Dra-C 
Looking at the list, Perfect Zeong or Gerbera Tetra sounds nice. Just wish they won out higher on the popularity list.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

They need to give Zeon mobile armors. Make them super expensive and take up like 2+ slots. Would totally counter all the insane gundams that are coming.

Plus it would bring Dozel's dream to life watching an army of Big Zam mass production models marching over a hill shooting beams everywhere.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

They need to give Zeon mobile armors. Make them super expensive and take up like 2+ slots. Would totally counter all the insane gundams that are coming.

Plus it would bring Dozel's dream to life watching an army of Big Zam mass production models marching over a hill shooting beams everywhere.

The Zock Army is the next best thing. Suit is a monster now if you've got good aim. Screenshot is kinda old, Zock's got like 2,500 base armour now.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
Im surprised the R3 was picked over the R-2P

oh god the gasshia got picked I wonder how they plan on doing the hammer gun and if introduced I wonder if the 78-2 will ever get its gundam hammer

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

Im surprised the R3 was picked over the R-2P

oh god the gasshia got picked I wonder how they plan on doing the hammer gun and if introduced I wonder if the 78-2 will ever get its gundam hammer

It was there as a promotion rental unit along with the Char Gelgoog. Gundam Hammer is equivalent to a DII Sword on either Ifrit, power-wise.

You could play a GP Gashacon for rentals of those suits.

Here's the Gundam hammer in action.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Free Triangle posted:

It was there as a promotion rental unit along with the Char Gelgoog. Gundam Hammer is equivalent to a DII Sword on either Ifrit, power-wise.

You could play a GP Gashacon for rentals of those suits.

Here's the Gundam hammer in action.

thats interesting so those 2 units have they never been introduced as a permanent unit for players?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Well Gundam 3.0 looks the same as the RX78-2 already implemented, but Char Gelgoog isn't a permanent unit yet yeah. When it was released it was about as fast as the current Kampfer with max speed.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

More Gold Master tickets coming this week! That's 3 in a row for the 30 S ranks challenge!

Lets make perfect suits and weapons! :getin:

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Free Triangle posted:

More Gold Master tickets coming this week! That's 3 in a row for the 30 S ranks challenge!

Lets make perfect suits and weapons! :getin:

nice, I'm also glad to see that they extended the GP event since they aren't quite ready for the new suits so I'm gonna still enjoy playing this week then :)

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
New suits delayed for a week, here is the preview.

I thought Ram Z'gok would at least put up a better show in melee, but not really. Just one boost attack with modest reach on a melee specialized suit. The headbutt deals 3x melee damage as opposed to two, it could one shot a gun-tank. Looked hard to land though. Gold gets the heat ram. It can pack a shotgun like gold Gogg.

Gelgoog looks like it has an interesting guided missile option. Knockdown capable vs grounded targets with a decent splash. Only gold gets it. Depending how the stats turn out I may still just go for more Act Zakus though.

Full Armour gundam looks like the more dangerous feddy suit of the two because of the charged beam.

E: Wiki has leaked suit stats. Pale rider's stats are pretty terrible (Worst in class for 320 cost assaults for everything... maybe HADES is that good?, base stats are near 240 cost assault levels) but FA-Gundam has dual charge beams(Stats Like a Zock mirror, a monstrous amount of armour, with modest load capacity thankfully. Smaller target than Zock, but can be knocked down.)

Meanwhile MS14-BR has sub-par stats for a 340 cost assault(Lowest in class in Load and Boost capacity), except for speed(Slightly inferior to GLA, -10 difference) and boost recharge. Really the weapons will make or break the suit, stats haven't been released for those. For 340 cost, silver of this suit doesn't seem worth it. All other 340 cost assaults for Zeon are better options for silver really.

For 280 Cost Ram Z'gok actually has pretty good stats for its class. If only it had better weapons / melee hitbox.
Get an Ifrit if you want a 280 cost specialized melee suit with a shotgun, it has a good melee hitbox as well as boost attack combos.

If you need a high performance assault, Kampfer DX is still your best bet. This DX is incredibly niche for both sides.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jul 24, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
OP updated with English wiki.

Still a work in progress but has useful info. Been collaborating with /m/ people to get this done.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Free Triangle posted:

OP updated with English wiki.

Still a work in progress but has useful info. Been collaborating with /m/ people to get this done.

nice I thought about doing one of these my self a few weeks back

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Got this working again, time to play some GUNDAMS!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

simsense cumshots posted:

Got this working again, time to play some GUNDAMS!

You came back at a good / bad time. Good because its never been easier to get suits, bad because the GLA is still a menace to us all. We're still winning the war but watch out for heat seeking missiles and GMs that look like mosquitos. They're deadly as hell.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Should abandon ship and join the Feds before the GP02's start raining from the sky. It's gonna happen I tells ya!

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

Should abandon ship and join the Feds before the GP02's start raining from the sky. It's gonna happen I tells ya!

If feds get a stolen Zaku,

We should get a stolen Gundam.

Bring back Solomon when we get this suit :getin:

Also, if you're having trouble with GLAs/Alex get an Act Zaku(Heavy type not Mallet assault. Preferably beam shooter.) and grab the charged beam F. Tune up the damage(Top left stat) and range(bottom left stat). A full charge will knock them out of the air, then you can finish them off with bazooka F or B3 rifle.

Trying to kill them with conventional assault weapons is a pain otherwise.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 28, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Man if the gp02 could pickup nukes and shoot them instead of placing them all my faith in Zeon would be reborn. That won't happen though. More likely the Feds will get all 3 of the gp series suits because gently caress it.

Edilaic
Jul 10, 2008
Hi guys, just hit Ensign, so I applied to the clan. Still trying to get rid of my default suits, but I'm having analysis paralysis on which ones to build. I have a ton of heavies that I have gold plans for(Zaku Marine, Zaku Desert type, and Zaku F Heavy Weapons) but I'm not sure if the 4-type bonus is too big of a bonus to pass up for, say, a two heavy two engineer, or a three heavy one engineer setup.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Edilaic posted:

Hi guys, just hit Ensign, so I applied to the clan. Still trying to get rid of my default suits, but I'm having analysis paralysis on which ones to build. I have a ton of heavies that I have gold plans for(Zaku Marine, Zaku Desert type, and Zaku F Heavy Weapons) but I'm not sure if the 4-type bonus is too big of a bonus to pass up for, say, a two heavy two engineer, or a three heavy one engineer setup.

Zaku marine is the best grunt suit. Run torpedo gun, bazooka F, and a shotgun. It's got a weapon for every range and occasion. Pump up enough load capacity to avoid a movement penalty with this loadout.

Heavy support will make you alot of points yeah, and packs the firepower to kill expensive suits. Ditch the starter suits ASAP and build gold versions of the ones you like (Zaku worker has all the support tools, gold gets a fat range radar pod).

randombattle posted:

Man if the gp02 could pickup nukes and shoot them instead of placing them all my faith in Zeon would be reborn. That won't happen though. More likely the Feds will get all 3 of the gp series suits because gently caress it.

If you'd like to see what its like on the other side, Shangri-La has an English clan called Bright Slap. They'll take any English player.

Not cutting anybody from the roster this week, since people have been juuuuust active enough and we're getting even more people next war.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Vincent Gelgoog gets no heavy beam rifle, gold's missile launcher has base 7000 power, decent blast and range otherwise but can't have ammo refilled.

This suit isn't going to be good for prolonged fights. It could beat flying Alexes/GLAs but once you're out of ammo for the missile launcher you're at a big disadvantage.

Ram Z'gok is Ram Z'gok. Get an Ifrit instead if you need a melee suit.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
New units are poop.

Strong missile launcher but CANNOT be refilled. So basically its a mediocre sturmfaust with 4 shots that cant knock down GLAs or Alexes. GG

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Pale rider is a paper tiger. HADES is half as strong as EXAM (20 seconds vs 45) with half the power of the buffs. The gimmick is that its refillable.

Blue destiny has better stats, weapons, and special ability. Pale rider is inferior in stats to vanilla Gouf, a 260 cost suit.

FA Gundam has good charged beam rifles but isn't as strong as Zock, they're about 2/3s as strong. That's still quite good. You won't be able to customize a suit that can resist the knockdown if these beams hit at full charge, unless you've got beam coating. It can also grab shelling guns despite being a heavy suit. Speed is Juagg level, and it is fairly vulnerable to knockdowns due to having poor load capacity.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 30, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
EFSF's opinion of the Pale Rider.

Killed several today with Al Borland, never died to one, it really doesn't seem like a threat HADES or not.

E: Canon GLA Defense system

E2: HADES :laugh:

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 31, 2014

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Free Triangle posted:

EFSF's opinion of the Pale Rider.

Killed several today with Al Borland, never died to one, it really doesn't seem like a threat HADES or not.

E: Canon GLA Defense system

E2: HADES :laugh:

lol induring its a bug

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
God I really should build me another loving gogg

they really are loving amazing on that all water map

(just made my 2nd one nice Missile shooter!) should I stay with the normal missiles or use the S type?

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Aug 1, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

God I really should build me another loving gogg

they really are loving amazing on that all water map

(just made my 2nd one nice Missile shooter!) should I stay with the normal missiles or use the S type?

Congratulations! Yeah, I recommend S type, same type the GLAs love.

S-type can knock down people flying in the air since you're traited(Unless its Alex, but if you're in the water it gets a damage boost, sufficient to knockdown flying Alex).

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

New event coming, August 6th to August 20th. It's like the Dozle Zaku one in the past, you can get a new suit if you play enough as well as DX/Master tickets.

Good time to get in on the game if you're on the fence! It'll pay out all sorts of things that will boost you up well.

EFSF
Slave Wraith Gundam.
Ground only, Assault.

MG, Beam saber, Rocket launcher, Missile launcher, Chest flare-launcher(Gold weapon). No HADES sadly, :laugh:.

Imagine a pale rider but better I guess?

ZEON
High Mobility Zaku II(Vincent Spec)
Ground only, Heavy. All our high mobility zakus are heavies for some reason. Is there a point to getting the HMT Tri-Star Zaku if you get one of these? We'll wait and see.

Standard Zaku weapons, except it gets a Giant Bazooka like Doms. Gold gets the shoulder tackle.

New Map coming too. To commemorate summer.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 2, 2014

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Is the OP still pretty up to date for a new player? Particularly in regards to spending the free GP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

madpanda posted:

Is the OP still pretty up to date for a new player? Particularly in regards to spending the free GP.

Yes. Spend GP on GP Gashacon -> Build suit -> Upgrade suit if you like it -> Fully kit out suit -> Play GP Gashacon again.

• Locked thread