Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
SFoSS keeps being awesome, I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

How does his adamantium-laced skull transform into wolf form??? Or is that just a dream sequence?

This really did happen. As for your first question, :iiam:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Magic, duh.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Same reason the Hulk is able to spontaneously gain mass as he transforms-- some stupid bullshit no one really cares about.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Remember when writers cared about keeping Wolverine's healing factor believable, so he got really hungry after healing from relatively small injuries? Good times.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

How does his adamantium-laced skull transform into wolf form??? Or is that just a dream sequence?
His skull contains an inter-dimensional aperture that allow him to pull adamantium from another dimension.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ghostlight posted:

His skull contains an inter-dimensional aperture that allow him to pull adamantium from another dimension.

Adamantium from the adamantium dimension.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Schneider Heim posted:

From Wolverine: First Class #10

Even when turned into a werewolf, Wolverine keeps his hair.

I guess someone on the creative team watched Van Helsing. Too bad.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How does his adamantium-laced skull transform into wolf form???

It doesn't. His skull stays exactly where it is and his wolf-face gets extruded through it.
No wonder he's screaming.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So are Wolverine's teeth adamantium-coated like the rest of his bones or not? If they are, why is this never depicted? If they're not, why not?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

LoonShia posted:

SFoSS keeps being awesome, I see.

And how!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bobulus posted:

So are Wolverine's teeth adamantium-coated like the rest of his bones or not? If they are, why is this never depicted? If they're not, why not?

Teeth aren't bones.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Teeth aren't bones.

Yeah, but like... I'm pretty sure the couple of times we've seen Wolverine so completely destroyed that only his skeleton was left, his skull had teeth. Which implies his teeth are protected, too. But then you'd think you'd see the metal in everyday talking and such.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Maybe he has a really good dental plan.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Maybe he has some nice porcelain veneers on top of the adamantium on top of the teeth.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mind if I post an action figure?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm reminded of that black guy from Miracleman who had Sapphires for teeth for no goddamn reason I could discern.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Up in the sky! It's a bat! It's a crane! It's Specialman!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if that's where Kanye got the idea...

As far as Wolverine goes, the more disturbing thing about that panel is that he looks like he's about to slice open his foot with his 2 foot long arm blades.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Maybe he has a really good dental plan.

LOGAN NEEDS BRACES!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Logan needs braces!

MENTAL MAN!

Logan needs braces!

MENTAL MAN!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Bloody Holly posted:

Atlantean beer goggles are a hell of a thing.

The MSJ posted:

Namor doesn't discriminate.

Well, almost.

Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 #8

Once can be chalked down to beer goggles. Two is not discriminating. Three is having a type. And if I remember my classic Namor right, three isn't the end of "Namor has a really weird relationship with a sea monster/alien sea monster/sea monster in disguise that is technically female I guess".

Stuff like this is why Namor is secretly the best character in comics.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 21, 2014

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, but like... I'm pretty sure the couple of times we've seen Wolverine so completely destroyed that only his skeleton was left, his skull had teeth. Which implies his teeth are protected, too. But then you'd think you'd see the metal in everyday talking and such.

Wouldn't that just be Wolverine's healing factor, not adamantium teeth, accounting for that?

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking

laz0rbeak posted:

Wouldn't that just be Wolverine's healing factor, not adamantium teeth, accounting for that?

From what I've seen, the teeth always seem to be adamantium when he is depicted as a skeleton, but otherwise they are pearly whites.

the physiology changes over time and from writer to writer though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DarkCrawler posted:

Once can be chalked down to beer goggles. Two is not discriminating. Three is having a type. And if I remember my classic Namor right, three isn't the end of "Namor has a really weird relationship with a sea monster/alien sea monster/sea monster in disguise that is technically female I guess".

Stuff like this is why Namor is secretly the best character in comics.

That creature used to be humanoid so it wasn't all that weird.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Bloody Holly posted:

From what I've seen, the teeth always seem to be adamantium when he is depicted as a skeleton, but otherwise they are pearly whites.

Huh that seems like an actual sane-ish interpretation of it, raised strips of adamantium embedded in the bone and anchored to the other stips, but it doesn't let you do the burned/nuked to bare metal bones shots.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Bloody Holly posted:

We skinned half of Wolverine to take this photo. It was very gracious of him to allow us to do so.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Logan needs braces!

MENTAL MAN!

Logan needs braces!

MENTAL MAN!

Bravo, good sir. I feel this needs to be quoted, since I can't help but look at this post, read it in Marge/Homer's voice and then laugh.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Question IRL posted:

Bravo, good sir. I feel this needs to be quoted, since I can't help but look at this post, read it in Marge/Homer's voice and then laugh.

You mean Marge/Lenny.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Logan needs braces!

MENTAL MAN!

Logan needs braces!

MENTAL MAN!

I almost dropped the thread after this post.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Bobulus posted:

Bizarrely tooth enamel "is the hardest substance in the human body and contains the highest percentage of minerals,[1] 96%"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tooth_enamel

Guess there's a reason they use that to identify exploded bodies.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Scaramouche posted:

Bizarrely tooth enamel "is the hardest substance in the human body and contains the highest percentage of minerals,[1] 96%"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tooth_enamel

Guess there's a reason they use that to identify exploded bodies.

Well, that and most people don't have readily available xrays of anything else.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Knormal posted:

Maybe he has some nice porcelain veneers on top of the adamantium on top of the teeth.

Or, like everything else, when he loses teeth, or has them broken, they regenerate new enamel, because I'd imagine just ripping them out and letting new permanent teeth grow in and drop through might be iffy. And it must happen pretty quickly, too - because I've never heard/seen him talk like Sylvester. There was a time when The Punisher shot out his tongue, though.

Also, this image pretty definitively shows Wolverine's teeth are loving strong, since in this panel they've just taken a point blank shotgun blast and are the only thing left other than metal (and eyes, for some reason, those - or his eyelids - must be adamantium too :v:):

His mouth was open too, so his tongue got shredded yet regenerated within something like the next ten pages.

Source: Punisher (2001) #17

More from the same issue, including Punisher shooting Wolverine in the balls to keep him down: http://www.againwiththecomics.com/2010/01/in-which-punisher-flattens-wolverine.html

And in the "Confederacy of Dunces" follow-up, Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Wolverine team up to bring Castle in, and Frank does this to Wolverine with an anti-tank missile:

Source: Punisher (2001) ...either #34 or #35, I don't remember.

The conclusion in #37, though, when Castle lets loose an amnesiac Bruce Banner/Hulk on the three after giving them one last chance to leave him alone, gives us this great panel:

Source: Punisher (2001) #37

If I could scan every page to share, I would, but the only source material I have available to me is the very-out-of-print and massive Garth Ennis Punisher Omnibus I paid 200 bucks for, and I'm not bending that spine for anyone.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 22, 2014

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I was trying to avatarize this, but I couldn't make it legible with the pixel limit, so I'm going to just drop it off here.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dacap posted:

So probably with the knowledge that the book is being cancelled Fialkov took Ultimate FF#4 in an INSANE direction this week.

Context: a being has come from another universe and requested to speak to the FF, second image is under spoiler tags.

http://i.imgur.com/67w6ibH.jpg

I stopped reading after the first issue, but now I wish it was going to continue forever.
Edit: quoting ruined the spoiler tag, so I made it a link

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jul 22, 2014

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:catstare:

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

"What do you care? It's not like you'll see it anyway."

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
Wait, when did Reed Richards dress up as Daredevil? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Daredevil #99

• Locked thread