Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Anansi The Spider posted:

How is this so unbelievable? If you honestly think that the TRADOCrmy is any bit logical you're insane. It happens all the loving time you need 3 things to graduate from BCT/11B OSUT. PT Score of 180 or above. Nothing else matters.

Cole posted:

Post the orders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I'm sure Anansis stories are mostly repeated or exaggerated but I don't see what's so hard to believe. Also you mad dumb Cole bee tee double you

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Cole posted:

Post the general orders

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

I've been gone on some other company's STT to learn PROPER STT ADMINISTRATION (rofl)

Also You use a CCO if you're hitting with an M4. If you use an M16 (Non 19D,11B/C, Tankers?) you qualify with Iron sights.

Also sometimes DSs will literally shoot 23/40 for the privates who can't shoot for poo poo. I had to shoot a 23/40 for one kid who blew almost 400 rounds in the span of a single day. Of course said kid shot an average of 5/40 to 9/40 as his highest record... But he has a 370 PT Score and can run a 9:45 2 mile, do 98 pushups in 2 minutes and like 90 sit ups so of course they treat him like the crowning loving jewel of the company. He also believed that an Option 40 in his contract meant he would become a Park Ranger so we're not dealing with the most intelligent of warriors and members of a team.

how do you score higher than 300 points on a pft :raise:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the old extended scale

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

It says 300 on the PT Score board, but the "extended" scale says he has a 370.

And these aren't exactly stories more like the loving daily report of tradoc life.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
As someone who was at Benning going through Basic less than a year ago, all of these stories are believable a f

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It says 300 on the PT Score board, but the "extended" scale says he has a 370.

And these aren't exactly stories more like the loving daily report of tradoc life.

There is no extended scale anymore.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

psydude posted:

not officially, but people still love bringing it up

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cole posted:

Post the orders

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

psydude posted:

Doesn't stop people from still referencing it, my company used it to determine who would get air assault slot.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

:lol: if you think the chance to measure dicks in PT scores is going to be stopped by something silly like the extended scale supposedly not existing anymore. Dare you to try and find a first sergeant that doesn't still have a copy in his desk somewhere, and anybody above that probably has it tattooed on themselves somewhere.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

SumYungGui posted:

:lol: if you think the chance to measure dicks in PT scores is going to be stopped by something silly like the extended scale supposedly not existing anymore. Dare you to try and find a first sergeant that doesn't still have a copy in his desk somewhere, and anybody above that probably has it tattooed on themselves somewhere.

Well duh. But it's not an actual thing by regulation anymore. Some of my NCOs tried mentioning it in awards and I told them to replace it with just a 300, because it doesn't actually exist.

psydude fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 21, 2014

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I thought the extended scale always didn't technically exist? Or was it already "removed" back in 07-10?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I only ever saw the extended scale come into play during best soldier competitions.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gleep gloop posted:

I thought the extended scale always didn't technically exist? Or was it already "removed" back in 07-10?

It was removed as of 2004 or so, iirc, but it was a legitimate thing.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
new pft scale includes dick length and girth

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Pt score of 260 or above makes a soldier unchapterable in OSUT.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Pt score of 260 or above makes a soldier unchapterable in OSUT.

Anansi, I can promise you an Aaron Sorkin written screenplay, and an appearance by Tom Cruise in the film adaptation of the story, if you can just find the memo for this.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Obama Africanus posted:

Anansi, I can promise you an Aaron Sorkin written screenplay, and an appearance by Tom Cruise in the film adaptation of the story, if you can just find the memo for this.

TRADOC is a venerable and legitimate 7 army value following organization who would NEVER just pass soldiers along. Ever...ever

My movie adaptation will be called "An inconcievable truth

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'd say it's pretty conceivable.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Obama Africanus posted:

It's all anecdotal evidence but this was true in my experience. If you were fat and or weak in basic it didn't matter how good you were at anything else. No one actually failed for anything besides PT. Even though technically medical, written tests, marksmanship, and PT were things you were supposed to be recycled for, the only people who didn't make it were PT failures. Hell our honor grads and w/e the gently caress the other ones were called all had the highest PT scores, despite some of them failing other things.

Of course this wont be written down, but it at least WAS how things were done.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

gleep gloop posted:

It's all anecdotal evidence but this was true in my experience. If you were fat and or weak in basic it didn't matter how good you were at anything else. No one actually failed for anything besides PT. Even though technically medical, written tests, marksmanship, and PT were things you were supposed to be recycled for, the only people who didn't make it were PT failures. Hell our honor grads and w/e the gently caress the other ones were called all had the highest PT scores, despite some of them failing other things.

Of course this wont be written down, but it at least WAS how things were done.

Truth.

gently caress, even now we got a dude sitting on the promote to E5 list, and he's a pretty stellar gently caress up. Even turning up to formation so drunk that they couldn't let him drive home afterwards, and took him to the MP station and he blew a .12. But, he gets his 300 so he's still on the list, no real punishment.

Dreading the day he gets promoted, he's dumb as a bag of rocks. Sure does know to keep hitting the gym though, as that's all the army cares about.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

when I went through basic Literally Everyone passed, even the fatass weak butterballs that got like sub-100 on a PT test one day, then miraculously a 200 a day after at their own separate private PT test, what a miracle and they definitely improved a lot!!! the only people that got chaptered were the deathly and chronically ill and the mentally insane (stinky guy from West Virginia that probably weighed only 100 pounds)

they will pass anyone because paperwork is hard and shuffling people to the next poor sap is way easier. that's how the army is as a whole, fudge the paperwork and do the least amount of work possible. I guess they figured that being an infantryman is the easiest thing mentally and their companies would gently caress their world up enough that they'd end up alright after a few months, I imagine the poguey-pogue MOS basic would probably kick a lot more people out but then again see above

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'd say it's pretty conceivable.

Truth is if you think that basic training actually trains you to do anything but sham out of duty, and be somewhat more disciplined than when you came in
you are literally a ROTC mindwash

also mr nice where is your delightful blue sheriff star, I miss your venerable leadership

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Truth is if you think that basic training actually trains you to do anything but sham out of duty, and be somewhat more disciplined than when you came in
you are literally a ROTC mindwash

also mr nice where is your delightful blue sheriff star, I miss your venerable leadership

To be fair, you chose infantry. Any idiot can learn how to shot gun. Don't let your experience in "the army" shape any thing. There is still a shitload of incompetence, laziness, and butt fuckery, however. You just haven't seen it.

Never stop posting, Anansi! The day you stop posting is the day we all assume you did your duty and ended your lovely, miserable existence by fixing the huge mistake you made by enlisting. Do it in the tub: don't be a dick to the guys who have to clean up the mess.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Carteret posted:

To be fair, you chose infantry.

The best part is that he supposedly had a viable civilian skillset and still chose a full-time career in the infantry.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
you motherfuckers are reminding me why during the surge i was sitting in charge of nose-picking piles of sludge trying to figure out how their m4 was found in the same porto john for the fifth time in a week.

not that anyone was much better prior to dubya's half-cooked haraam hail mary, but goddamn was i drinking from the river of idiocy once the floodgates of recruiting opened in 2007.

Fucitol fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 22, 2014

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

not caring here posted:

Truth.

gently caress, even now we got a dude sitting on the promote to E5 list, and he's a pretty stellar gently caress up. Even turning up to formation so drunk that they couldn't let him drive home afterwards, and took him to the MP station and he blew a .12. But, he gets his 300 so he's still on the list, no real punishment.

Dreading the day he gets promoted, he's dumb as a bag of rocks. Sure does know to keep hitting the gym though, as that's all the army cares about.

On the flip side of this its really fun getting like 6 straight months of "you're excelling at every aspect of leadership but we can't promote you because you don't have a 270 PT score" counselings, including a no poo poo impact AAM for being the best TL in the company during a training rotation, and then watch them promote some 150lb moron whom was too weak to carry his own poo poo during said training rotation (guess who ended up carrying it) and absolutely no combat or leadership experience because he had a 300 PT score.

The best part was a major reason for my PT score only being in the 250s was I was injured as gently caress and me, my SL, and my PSG were all keeping it hidden so the CO wouldn't knock me off the deployment list.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Jarmak posted:

On the flip side of this its really fun getting like 6 straight months of "you're excelling at every aspect of leadership but we can't promote you because you don't have a 270 PT score" counselings, including a no poo poo impact AAM for being the best TL in the company during a training rotation, and then watch them promote some 150lb moron whom was too weak to carry his own poo poo during said training rotation (guess who ended up carrying it) and absolutely no combat or leadership experience because he had a 300 PT score.

The best part was a major reason for my PT score only being in the 250s was I was injured as gently caress and me, my SL, and my PSG were all keeping it hidden so the CO wouldn't knock me off the deployment list.

I'm so tired of hearing about Office Space bullshit like this. If the Army wants the minimum to be 270, then they should make the loving minimum 270.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

psydude posted:

"I'm so tired of hearing about Office Space bullshit like this. If the Army wants the minimum to be 270, then they should make the loving minimum 270."
-All non-staff personnel E1-E5 & O1-O2

"270 is the battalion standard."
-Everybody else

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
YOU CAN ADD TO BUT NOT TAKE AWAY

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20140722/NEWS/307220052/Update-Sgt-mauled-by-bear-Alaska-stable-condition :stare:

quote:

Wendeborn, 26, crossed paths with a brown bear and her two cubs during a land navigation exercise at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson. He made eye contact with the animal and immediately fell to the ground, playing dead, according to a Monday news release from the base. The bear “picked him up by the hip and tossed him,” the release states, also biting and swatting Wendeborn before wandering off.

Think he got a no-go?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sounds like he did better than the kid who hung himself with his LBE during night land nav at LDAC.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

Just in time to become his units new schools NCO! At least he didn't dehydrate to death hidden 50 meters from a well traveled road.

Won my personal Normandy this morning, my maxing of the push-up is relative to the fucks given by the NCO grading them, which today was none given.
My Market Garden will be the spur ride I'm not eligible for, but on the list for anyway this Friday.:bahgawd:

They haven't even published the MOI for this thing, and are just throwing whoever into it. 1SGT then puts out later in the morning that the APFT scores today would be used for adding or dropping people from our spur ride. I've dodged two of these things and am now getting rail roaded into one with 6 months till ETS. gently caress the Army

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Sounds like he did better than the kid who hung himself with his LBE during night land nav at LDAC.

Or the guy on hood who just got lost and died. I think surviving a bear attack due to quick thinking is much preferable to dying because you don't know what a panic azimuth does.

Justin Tyme posted:

...and the mentally insane (stinky guy from West Virginia that probably weighed only 100 pounds)

We were all wondering what happened to stinky. I'll let ma and pa know.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

I believe it's time to request 2 weeks leave.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

I believe it's time to request 4 weeks leave.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

If only I had that much leave saved up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
You could just go awol and be on forever leave.

• Locked thread