Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The animated Charlie fantasy from the episode where they are in the store that gets robbed is on the artist's website.

I hate when live action shows switch to animation but this is less bad than the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Just binged the first 8 seasons of Philadelphia, again. Holy poo poo I forget how amazing it us sometimes. Favourite episode is still the one where they get hooked on crack.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Babygravy posted:

Just binged the first 8 seasons of Philadelphia, again. Holy poo poo I forget how amazing it us sometimes. Favourite episode is still the one where they get hooked on crack.

Crack is a drug that doesn't let go. Poor Dennis still hungers for it, years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2EAbjQxTCI

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 3, 2014

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Is it me or is Always Sunny music showing up in way more places? It was on Comedians in Cars and a Time Warner commercial recently.

This is what happens when you use stock music as your theme music :(

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

Hughmoris posted:

Crack is a drug that doesn't let go. Poor Dennis still hungers for it, years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2EAbjQxTCI

Yeah he mentions it in a few episodes. The honesty is brutal.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Babygravy posted:

Yeah he mentions it in a few episodes. The honesty is brutal.

That's one of my favorite callbacks in the show. I laugh a little ever single time in Franks Pretty Woman when Dennis gets kinda jealous at Dee for smoking crack with Roxy. Also I'm pretty sure he makes a comment about checking her body for crack before they dispose of it, doesn't he?

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I think right after her heart attack, but before it's obvious she died, he finds out they've been doing crack all day and he asks if she has any left, to which Dee comments that they did it all.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
ughhh over the last few weeks I binged through all 9 series (from knowing nothing about it at all - I've never heard anyone in the UK mention this show) and now I have a serious Tetris effect from it and all I have while I sleep is horrible fever dreams of yelling. Please help me.

It was worth it though

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
if you're having trouble sleeping have you tried eating catfood, sniffing glue and drinking beer?

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Have you guys ever thought that having all the cat food may be attracting the cats?

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
So you think not eating cat food is putting on airs?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Has the premier of season 10 been moved up to sometime in October? I know it was supposed to be sometime in January because they wanted it to lead into Tracy Morgan's new show, but that got put on hold since he's still recovering from his accident.

I watched a YouTube video the other day and it was preceded by a quick Ad that claimed new always sunny premiere in October...

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mar5JjRXlRY

This maybe?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Hmm I don't think so, it was just a quick 15 second teaser and I don't remember it being in Russian :v:

It specifically said it returns in October, that's why I was confused. I'm at work right now, or I'd see if there's a way you could search YouTube ads...

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Sweet. I love "It's Rarely Sunny in Volgograd"

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The Gang Solves the Ukraine Situation

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Drinking: A National Concern

embee
Jun 18, 2004

Dennis and Dee: Krokodil Kingpins

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

PittTheElder posted:

Drinking: A National Challenge

Fixed it for you

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Babygravy posted:

Fixed it for you

I meant what I said.

quote:

A study by Russian, British and French researchers published in The Lancet scrutinized deaths between 1990 and 2001 of residents of three Siberian industrial towns with typical mortality rates and determined that 52% of deaths of people between the ages of 15 and 54 were the result of alcohol abuse.[13] Lead researcher Professor David Zaridze estimated that the increase in alcohol consumption since 1987 has caused an additional three million deaths nationwide.[13]

In 2007, Gennadi Onishenko, the country's chief public health official, voiced his concern over the nearly threefold rise in alcohol consumption over the past 16 years; one in eight deaths was attributed to alcohol-related diseases, playing a major role in Russia's population decline.[11]

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
As factual as it is, where would the humour be in a plot like that? Relieve the problem by getting them on crack?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Babygravy posted:

As factual as it is, where would the humour be in a plot like that? Relieve the problem by getting them on crack?

Stealing a liver from сверчок, obviously.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Babygravy posted:

Because it's a excellent word play based on a real title and and not supposed to be an actual episode plot? Jesus Christ.

brandon_qms
Aug 11, 2005
Last season the gang acknowledged they're all alcoholics, but decided to bury it down deep and not think about it. The word 'concern' in the context of Sunny doesn't make any sense.

FoglyOgly
Sep 23, 2009

brandon_qms posted:

Last season the gang acknowledged they're all alcoholics, but decided to bury it down deep and not think about it. The word 'concern' in the context of Sunny doesn't make any sense.

Good god when do the new episodes come out this thread is ridiculous.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not one of the three Game of Thrones threads.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

ughhh over the last few weeks I binged through all 9 series (from knowing nothing about it at all - I've never heard anyone in the UK mention this show) and now I have a serious Tetris effect from it and all I have while I sleep is horrible fever dreams of yelling. Please help me.

It was worth it though

This dude from the UK was here a few weekends ago while we were watching Sunny and he said it kind of reminded him of a show over there about a bunch of stoners who live in an apartment complex. Any ideas what it's called and if it's any good?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Could be Ideal. I haven't seen much of it but remember liking it and it getting critical acclaim. I might be way off base though.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Uhhhh Spaced maybe? If he was talking about that then yeah it's good and pretty much everyone watched it back when it was on. Compared to UK comedies, Always Sunny kinda reminds me of Peep Show in that Mark and Jeremy have the same kind of horrible destructive 'friendship' with each other that the gang have...

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

FoglyOgly posted:

Good god when do the new episodes come out this thread is ridiculous.

January :(

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
"Dennis, your mule is poo poo. I am no longer turned on by mules."

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

"Dennis, your mule is poo poo. I am no longer turned on by mules."

I am officially turned on by jaguars

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

potee posted:

I am officially turned on by jaguars

again youtube disappoints me. there are no videos of jaguars flexing.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Friggin' Vijjo Mortenstein.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've started watching through the show again from the start. Frank started out so god drat normal. His progression into a lunatic was so smooth.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Powershift posted:

I've started watching through the show again from the start. Frank started out so god drat normal. His progression into a lunatic was so smooth.

It really was, you can just see him enfold himself into the group and become as big of a piece of poo poo as the gang.

Probably the biggest piece of poo poo, actually...

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Yeah but that was a progression he wanted to do, tired of his old life. Charlie is arguably the most hosed up of the lot, so what could go wrong bunking with Charlie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
The real medically crazy gently caress in the group is Dennis. He has a system designed to maximize emotional dominance and abuse and he's ridiculously proud of it. Also, there is the implication.