Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

This is the Pointer Sisters. I thought that was neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Automatic Slim posted:

The 90s seemed more of a heroin kind of decade.
Ecstasy, surely.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

moller posted:

This is the Pointer Sisters. I thought that was neat.

Huh, really? I can't believe I didn't know that. That little sequence is still one of my favorite things from television. The song is great, and the animation really grabs me. The colors, the shapes, and the motion are all wonderful. I've seen the 12345 bit hundreds of times over 30-odd years, and it never loses its magic for me.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Some silly-rear end .gifs from a silly-rear end music video.

(would be cool to have a stabilized version where the dude stays in the center, but my only ability with .gifs is basic gooncam level)

(EDIT: Aw gently caress I only just now noticed that loving Youtube thing in the lower left corner. Whatever.)

Source

Nordick has a new favorite as of 07:38 on Jul 21, 2014

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Cyborg Cop 2

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
From a few pages back...

I loved this movie as a kid.

edit: content

panorama_change has a new favorite as of 12:38 on Jul 21, 2014

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

Don't forget the nineties!

Oh, Erasure. I actually like this song and I blame Robot Unicorn Attack for it.

The UT99 map everyone loves to hate.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

I remember seeing this video randomly on MTV when I was a kid and not understanding it. Then years later getting into Refused and being really stoked on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax07muLvG7c

PervertedLogic
Aug 14, 2003

Someone really needs to do a proper remake of Carmageddon or just make a good, physics-based version of Deathrace 2000 (the classic with David Carradine). I want to run people over with a combo meter and double points for children and elderly.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

PervertedLogic posted:

Someone really needs to do a proper remake of Carmageddon or just make a good, physics-based version of Deathrace 2000 (the classic with David Carradine). I want to run people over with a combo meter and double points for children and elderly.

What, like the carmegeddon remake that was funded by a kickstarter a little while back and is in development right now? And as part of that same project, they re-released the original carmageddon? And you can play it on your smartphone?

I mean what more do you want.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I imagine him dancing to "TURN DOWN FOR WHAT".

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

TURN DOWN FOR "What's that now, sonny? Speak up!"

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH
why just imagine it when it can be REALITY

http://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/KqJnjci.gif&v=HMUDVMiITOU

PervertedLogic
Aug 14, 2003

Bad Munki posted:

What, like the carmegeddon remake that was funded by a kickstarter a little while back and is in development right now? And as part of that same project, they re-released the original carmageddon? And you can play it on your smartphone?

I mean what more do you want.

Hey, would you look at that. Looks pretty good I guess, still early. I hope the city map is cool. That ice level looks kinda poo poo: as long as it's not all small arenas for multiplayer (too Twisted Metal) and we get some big open places to drive over grannies with walkers, I'm in.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

It sounds like they're trying pretty hard to be faithful to the original, while still updating it to take advantage of modern technology and gameplay styles.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Zeether posted:

There will be no shame. :colbert:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/07/18/well-this-is-weird

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Bad Munki posted:

It sounds like they're trying pretty hard to be faithful to the original, while still updating it to take advantage of modern technology and gameplay styles.

I haven't played the android one in a while, have they fixed the bug where the electrifier kills pedestrians, but they still show up on the radar and it won't recognize you've killed everyone on the map for achievement purposes?

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

Dalax has a new favorite as of 20:23 on Jul 21, 2014

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

UHF's anniversary is today.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Well now I know why I sing when I count to 12.

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.
Well finally got to making my first gif. After a fuckton of trouble and screwing around at attempted optimizations this is best I could poo poo out.

From MeTube: August sings Carmen 'Habanera'

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Zeether posted:

The UT99 map everyone loves to hate.

I don't hate it at all, I love to love it. Wish there was an Unreal Tournament version of Quake Live :(

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Davfff posted:

I don't hate it at all, I love to love it. Wish there was an Unreal Tournament version of Quake Live :(

There's planned to be a new, free Unreal Tournament some time in the future, but don't hold your breath. Not yet, anyway.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Pretty sure I had a nightmare like this once.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Haruharuharuko posted:

XBox 1 Footage of MGS V

MSG V

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Watch this.

Other stuff.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Jeesis posted:

Well finally got to making my first gif. After a fuckton of trouble and screwing around at attempted optimizations this is best I could poo poo out.

From MeTube: August sings Carmen 'Habanera'

I love how THIS compelled you to finally make gifs.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

A less-cool skateboard trick:

The flying camera drone runs into him and loses control.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
All these GIFs have me in a retro mood. I'm going to fire up Paradroid. It's been a while.

I wonder why I haven't played it in a while?

Oh. Right.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jesus and I thought someone trying to bully our bus off the road in Kuwait was loving insane...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is there a story behind that because its pretty hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
the driver of the dump truck probably didn't like the pickup driver's che guevara bumper sticker

• Locked thread