Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheeee posted:

As in a separate guild or a group within GS?

With the numerous groups forming within GS it's safe to assume whatever Szcwczuk is talking about will be a separate (splinter) guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Szcwczuk posted:

Warbrigger goons, we will have a progression focused guild for you goons who want to work or attunement, gearing and raid content soon.

Please don't try to kill doublestep.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

:siren: Speaking of Raiding Contaigon EU Goons, I'll be making a post on the offsite forums shortly to work out Days to raid (also keep coming online we are running You (yes you) Through attunements and dungeons) :siren:

Shambles
Dec 8, 2003

Uxzuigal posted:

A small update about the goon guild on EKO server- we got 17 people raid attuned now, starting raiding soon/1st august. Check out amyrlegion.com :)

My mains are on Eko - admittedly my highest is only 38 tho. You taking any goonpeeps, or 50s only?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Zoness posted:

Please don't try to kill doublestep.

But this might be the first time the splinter is actually less inept than the original!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Wheeee posted:

But this might be the first time the splinter is actually less inept than the original!

This is what everyone thinks when they splinter and it just makes two smaller, angrier, more inept guilds. Nobody is stopping anyone in GS now from organizing their own silver dungeons/raids/warplots/whatever, and another goon guild will not magically make people who aren't doing attunement now start doing it. The only reason to start another guild on the same server and faction is if dstep dies horribly or otherwise vanishes so control can be changed over. Not to mention you get to regrind all those perks.

But then again, what if you come up with a witty comedic guild name? Carry on.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How can you trick other people into carrying you from a position of power if you don't create your own guild anyway.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Eldercain posted:

This is what everyone thinks when they splinter and it just makes two smaller, angrier, more inept guilds. Nobody is stopping anyone in GS now from organizing their own silver dungeons/raids/warplots/whatever, and another goon guild will not magically make people who aren't doing attunement now start doing it. The only reason to start another guild on the same server and faction is if dstep dies horribly or otherwise vanishes so control can be changed over. Not to mention you get to regrind all those perks.

But then again, what if you come up with a witty comedic guild name? Carry on.

If you want to splinter then just make a circle and invite everyone who's interested in the splinter's interests to it while still retaining the perks and membership in Goon Squad and ability to communicate within. You can even go to your character tab and set your visible tag to your circle or whatever if you really value that identity.

With the way circles/guilds/etc. can be run in this game I don't know why you wouldn't want to be in a huge guild, with smaller social circles supporting different groups. It's really not hard to organize that way. And as someone who was just in a 100-person guild that went completely stone inactive and has now re-rolled and joined Goon Squad, it is REALLY nice to be part of a large guild with lots of people online doing things in an MMO. Never again will I make the mistake of launch rolling on a non-Goon server.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Libertine posted:

If you want to splinter then just make a circle and invite everyone who's interested in the splinter's interests to it while still retaining the perks and membership in Goon Squad and ability to communicate within. You can even go to your character tab and set your visible tag to your circle or whatever if you really value that identity.

With the way circles/guilds/etc. can be run in this game I don't know why you wouldn't want to be in a huge guild, with smaller social circles supporting different groups. It's really not hard to organize that way. And as someone who was just in a 100-person guild that went completely stone inactive and has now re-rolled and joined Goon Squad, it is REALLY nice to be part of a large guild with lots of people online doing things in an MMO. Never again will I make the mistake of launch rolling on a non-Goon server.

Yea given the persistent character boosts you get from being in a large/active guild in Wildstar I can't see splintering being a good idea, just make circles to play with the people you like in the guild.

Any goon guild is going to be huge enough to be full of terrible people you want to avoid in addition to chill folk you like, just organize your end-game activities GSH style.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Asema posted:

How can you trick other people into carrying you from a position of power if you don't create your own guild anyway.
The traditional solution is to be the main tank

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'm raiding from 9-12 pm EST every night (or as many as possible now) but when I'm not raiding I'm generally free to run things w/ any dominion goon and can heal or dps any dungeon. I hang out on the IRC.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
So,apart from the guild drama, is this game any good?

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

Stormgale posted:

:siren: Speaking of Raiding Contaigon EU Goons, I'll be making a post on the offsite forums shortly to work out Days to raid (also keep coming online we are running You (yes you) Through attunements and dungeons) :siren:

And get on Mumble. That's where the magic happens...

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Uxzuigal posted:

A small update about the goon guild on EKO server- we got 17 people raid attuned now, starting raiding soon/1st august. Check out amyrlegion.com :)

Oh, my main is about to hit 50 but i'm all on my lonesome exile side on Ravenous, worth transfering to Eko to attune/raid?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Nien posted:

So,apart from the guild drama, is this game any good?

Yes. If you want to know why, I'm sure someone will ask on the next page too and you can read the responses there.

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism
"I think, therefore I am" brings little comfort in this case.

Totalizator posted:

Oh, my main is about to hit 50 but i'm all on my lonesome exile side on Ravenous, worth transfering to Eko to attune/raid?

We have about 16/17 people as Uxz said who are attuned (as in, ready to enter GA), 4 on world bosses and another group or two still doing Swordmaiden silvers, so we're pretty set to go. Catching up would be a slight issue but everything up to Dungeons is easy (the Elder Gems bit being the only time gating also) and I'm sure we could get people together to do some more dungeon runs if needed as we've got them mostly down at this point.

In short; transfer if you want to raid and think you'll keep enough enthusiasm, but remember you'll be doing a fair amount of catchup. Luckily, Skullcano is being made easier with the PTR having a respawn outside Mordecai's room and Sanctuary's objectives are being changed up so it might not take too long?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

y_y posted:

And get on Mumble. That's where the magic happens...

This man speaks the truth.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

OneEightHundred posted:

The traditional solution is to be the main tank

uuuuugggggggggghHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Guys honestly if you want to progress you really should be giving me all the tank gear. I'm the only person doing this one particular role therefore I am super important and you must shower me with loot while I poo poo down your throats all raid every raid for being baddies.

Also I will quit as soon as I get that last, beautiful purple, or you deny me any single piece of loot I want along the way

XOXO,

Main Tank Syndrome Guy"

nope not bitter

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eldercain posted:

"Guys honestly if you want to progress you really should be giving me all the tank gear. I'm the only person doing this one particular role therefore I am super important and you must shower me with loot while I poo poo down your throats all raid every raid for being baddies.

Also I will quit as soon as I get that last, beautiful purple, or you deny me any single piece of loot I want along the way

XOXO,

Main Tank Syndrome Guy"

nope not bitter

Why be bitter? Just stop running instances with that guy. He'll get the idea when he gets booted from every reasonable guild.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The Wicked Wall posted:

We have about 16/17 people as Uxz said who are attuned (as in, ready to enter GA), 4 on world bosses and another group or two still doing Swordmaiden silvers, so we're pretty set to go. Catching up would be a slight issue but everything up to Dungeons is easy (the Elder Gems bit being the only time gating also) and I'm sure we could get people together to do some more dungeon runs if needed as we've got them mostly down at this point.

In short; transfer if you want to raid and think you'll keep enough enthusiasm, but remember you'll be doing a fair amount of catchup. Luckily, Skullcano is being made easier with the PTR having a respawn outside Mordecai's room and Sanctuary's objectives are being changed up so it might not take too long?

Or if you are on Dominion (the correct Choice) come down to Contagion where the Terrible secret of space will show you 1 weird tip to get silver on all dungeons and have a fun time.

Plus we are actually are on WildStarGoons dot com and don't really care about being server first (And won't really track your attendance) so we are 90% more chill

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 21, 2014

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Zoness posted:

Why be bitter? Just stop running instances with that guy. He'll get the idea when he gets booted from every reasonable guild.

This is less a wildstar problem and more a ghosts of the past kind of thing. I've been playing mmos off and on a good long while now.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That guy never gets booted from his own guild, he'll just reform with his cronies after enough guildies catch on and flee.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stormgale posted:

Or if you are on Dominion (the correct Choice) come down to Contagion where the Terrible secret of space will show you 1 weird tip to get silver on all dungeons and have a fun time.

Plus we are actually are on WildStarGoons dot com and don't really care about being server first (And won't really track your attendance) or so we are 90% more chill

The Dominion suck, I wish there was a chill EU Exile guild :(

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Your Computer posted:

The Dominion suck, I wish there was a chill EU Exile guild :(

Hint - Past level 20 there is no gameplay difference.

Let's not even get into aesthetics arguments and the merits of male aurin.

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.

Wheeee posted:

Yea given the persistent character boosts you get from being in a large/active guild in Wildstar I can't see splintering being a good idea, just make circles to play with the people you like in the guild.

Any goon guild is going to be huge enough to be full of terrible people you want to avoid in addition to chill folk you like, just organize your end-game activities GSH style.

Clearly the idea here is to splinter and then not be an actual Goon guild, since splintering but still limiting membership to Goons would be shooting themselves in the foot / literally retarded / pants-on-head idiocy / choose some other way of saying "Wow, you guys really thought this through, didn't you?" I guess if you lead a guild and not a circle, you control the guild bank, too, so you have another way to make sure everyone is properly carrying the "leadership," so there's that going for them.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hit button posted:

Hint - Past level 20 there is no gameplay difference.

Let's not even get into aesthetics arguments and the merits of male aurin.

There are no arguments to be had, aesthetics come first and gameplay second :colbert:
(MMOs are the best dress-up games)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Your Computer posted:

There are no arguments to be had, aesthetics come first and gameplay second :colbert:
(MMOs are the best dress-up games)

As A Dominion I can cosplay Waluigi, so I win the Aesthetics argument Thanks ((Plus again cool robots dudes))

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Eldercain posted:

XOXO,

Main Tank Syndrome Guy"

nope not bitter
Haha "tank gear." As if they weren't also going to complete that orange 2-hander so they could cart it into PvP and poo poo down everyone's throat.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

OneEightHundred posted:

Haha "tank gear." As if they weren't also going to complete that orange 2-hander so they could cart it into PvP and poo poo down everyone's throat.

When people doormat and give you carte blanche with loot, might as well right?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

How is the exploration in the game. I really enjoyed that WoW felt like a huge world with tons of stuff to explore, even playing solo.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Meanwhile....

Space Jam is still the correct choice for chill dudes fun.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Got a warrior to 50. Soon after all my gaming buddies decided they want to play other games. I started a spellslinger and the first 10 levels were a blast. Now I don't know anyone on the Exiles and I can't decide what I want to do.

No. 6 posted:

How is the exploration in the game. I really enjoyed that WoW felt like a huge world with tons of stuff to explore, even playing solo.

There's a whole path called explorer... http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/game/paths/
I like the explorer if nothing else for map wide 30% run speed buffs that stack up to 5 times. I feel like I'm cheating going from one side of the map to another in a minute without using a mount or taxi. There's a lot of exploration to be had. Lots of neat little buffs that let you jump ridiculously high. Explorer has things you can activate to get easier access to difficult to reach places. One of the common path quests has you find a ledge overlooking an area and it makes a little cut-scene when you activate it. It's pretty cool, in my book. Explorer was much more fun than I initially anticipated.
Here's a literal answer to how big it is: http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/1qg07f/estimating_the_size_of_galerasalizarnexus/

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Aexo posted:

Got a warrior to 50. Soon after all my gaming buddies decided they want to play other games. I started a spellslinger and the first 10 levels were a blast. Now I don't know anyone on the Exiles and I can't decide what I want to do.

This is why I try very hard to get my buddies to roll on servers with goon guilds, because they're never really into games for that long.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

Eldercain posted:

This is why I try very hard to get my buddies to roll on servers with goon guilds, because they're never really into games for that long.

I'm on Warbringer.. but they all wanted to play Exile (I do too, but at this point I'd rather play with Goons than nobody).

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Aexo posted:

I'm on Warbringer.. but they all wanted to play Exile (I do too, but at this point I'd rather play with Goons than nobody).

This is what my friends wanted as well, they all rolled exile on pergo or something. I didn't want to be exile particularly (I'm honestly kind of tired of the tear down the establisment! factions in games; it's played to death and the writing is all so cliche), and I knew they'd all flake off at worst, and at best I'd be in some idiot guild full of pubbies.

I seriously can't handle not having the green text goon chatroom. It would bore me to tears if every chat channel was just as bad as zone or advice or whatever.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Aaaaagh, keep running into the same group of healers and tanks in PVP. Takes so bloody long to kill anyone their dead buddies have time to run back and rejoin the first fight. :suicide:

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Sometimes PVP can be all lovely and poo poo. If you want to play some level 50 pvp and get booty blasted I (Harkness) would be happy to join you in getting totally pissed on.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

No. 6 posted:

It's pretty rubbish. I would say of the modern crop of MMOGs GW2 probably has the best "Wow that looks cool" moments. There are bits in wildstar and I think you'd appreciate it a lot more if you're a fan of the cartoon style graphics, but for the most part there isn't a lot that's exciting to explore.

And don't pick explorer path if you like exploring. It's not really about that. It's about climbing to high spots or working out clues. Scientist is probably your best bet since you have to actively search for datacrons.

That said the world outside the zones is actually modelled which is kinda cool.

errant wit
Jul 21, 2008

rear end-Haggis posted:

Sometimes PVP can be all lovely and poo poo. If you want to play some level 50 pvp and get booty blasted I (Harkness) would be happy to join you in getting totally pissed on.

I'll be hitting 50 on my Spellslinger (Cestra) really soon. I was planning on just letting it sit/harassing people in open world until the PvP patch happens because 50 PvP is hosed at the moment. If there are enough goons online who are down for some practice BGs then I guess getting totally pissed on won't be as bad.. but I dunno. Otherwise, I'll be leveling alts through BGs again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I can indeed confirm that despite being on the RP server, Space Jam is to awesome what booze is to alcoholics.

(Just avoid commerce exchange).

• Locked thread