Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Last week was pretty awesome since it was essentially Norton and Friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooch
Oct 30, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

Anthony will just put up 5 minute clips every now and then in the hope that they'll go viral for him
You gotta admit he does have a knack for making Viral vids. I think he has had two or three without even trying.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The song Cranberries - Dreams came on the radio today and I immediately thought of the show. Does anyone remember what segment they played it on and were talking over? I think it involved Patrice and I remember hearing it live and being in tears laughing. I think they used it a few times but this one stuck out the most.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I don't have a date or link or anything, but they were talking about black music vs white music and Patrice started humming what a typical white person song sounds like, and the melody he was humming was "Dreams"

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Kevyn posted:

I don't have a date or link or anything, but they were talking about black music vs white music and Patrice started humming what a typical white person song sounds like, and the melody he was humming was "Dreams"

Didn't they also play it for him after he told his prison story?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Holy poo poo I found it. Been wanting to hear this again for years

http://youtu.be/Hrd4WyDYO6g starts at exactly the 2 hour mark

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Speaking of old bits, does anyone have the moment where Menino said "the city of boffuston"? I can't find it on YouTube.

In return, I'm going to post this bit. It's short and recent, but I missed it. Despite that, I've seen the punchline countless places.... And I can't stop parroting it!

http://youtu.be/QIFwwXb6D84

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

CrashCat posted:

It's not the parking, it's that guests will be doing 30 other interviews in Manhattan and won't go that far out of the way.

But to be honest most of those busy guests suck

Yeah, he's not going to want high profile celebrities that are going to sit in for 15 minutes to plug their new film. He want his comic buddies that are going to sit in the whole show to shoot the poo poo with. And to be honest, that's a whole lot better.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Kevyn posted:

Holy poo poo I found it. Been wanting to hear this again for years

http://youtu.be/Hrd4WyDYO6g starts at exactly the 2 hour mark

"Jesus is off the hook!" hahahah

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Lovechop posted:

"Jesus is off the hook!" hahahah

Listening to that clip reinforces that Ant and Patrice together were pretty much the funniest part of the show. Both of them being gone makes me sad.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I hate Roland more than anyone else involved with the show.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
that vid also reminded me how funny Patrice's insane laugh was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6PCXF2NfMg

if this poo poo doesn't at least make you smile you're loving dead inside

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Google Butt posted:

yup

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Google Butt posted:

it's bad because almost everybody else involved with the show is likable or at least provides good radio at their expense like Sal. Sam is borderline but I think he's still more good than bad. Then there's Roland that's awful in every way.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Google Butt posted:

I hate Roland period. He is worthless in every conceivable way. He's probably staring down a heart attack sooner rather than later though, so there's that at least.

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

Google Butt posted:

Yeah, I've come around with basically everyone on the show except him. He's not funny, bad at his job, and his stupid gimmicks like hissing and purposefully mumbling is annoying. Also his meanness is really forced and comes out as just plain sincere more than "oh, that's just Roland".

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don't think anyone can defend Roland. Fat smug rear end in a top hat.

Gooch
Oct 30, 2006

um.. I'm outta the loop with music. Can anyone tell me what that song was that they opened with?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Awolnation - Sail

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Tevryr posted:

Yeah, I've come around with basically everyone on the show except him. He's not funny, bad at his job, and his stupid gimmicks like hissing and purposefully mumbling is annoying. Also his meanness is really forced and comes out as just plain sincere more than "oh, that's just Roland".

I loving hate when he always has to make some weird sound when he talks. "Oh she was pissed and then whaaaaaaaaa." "I was going to the restaurant and the server was like hey and I was like haaaaaaaiii."

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Listening to the huge Steve C breakfast staff fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amawaslwzXA)

Not even 5 years since this: Steve (dead), Patrice (dead), Danny (fired), Anthony (fired), Eric "vicdumb" Nagel (fatter).

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

The Dave posted:

Awolnation - Sail

aka the new "Pour Some Sugar On Me" for strippers.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

onemillionzombies posted:

Listening to the huge Steve C breakfast staff fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amawaslwzXA)

Not even 5 years since this: Steve (dead), Patrice (dead), Danny (fired), Anthony (fired), Eric "vicdumb" Nagel (fatter).

Has there ever been any other information that came out about Steve C? I guess the general consensus is that he killed himself for unknown reasons?

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Has there ever been any other information that came out about Steve C? I guess the general consensus is that he killed himself for unknown reasons?

I thought he died due to complications with his Gastric Bypass.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Billy the Mountain posted:

I thought he died due to complications with his Gastric Bypass.
No, that was just speculation. He hung himself in his basement on his wedding anniversary.

Speaking of cause of death, was Otto's ever revealed?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Cromulent posted:

No, that was just speculation. He hung himself in his basement on his wedding anniversary.

That's terrible, I'm sorry.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Where is your proof he hung himself? link? (not that a link is proof, but I need something to actually believe that.)

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

His body was swinging back the other way.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

"Do you know how good a load you have to spill to fall asleep on fire?"

Jimmy has a way with words. I laughed a little too hard at that line about Breuer's dad.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Kevyn posted:

His body was swinging back the other way.

:golfclap:

But no seriously, Steve hung himself?!? Ye' kiddin'!

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

T Bowl posted:

Where is your proof he hung himself? link? (not that a link is proof, but I need something to actually believe that.)
I don't have any definitive proof that I can link to. It's just what I've gathered from googling around and reading the stuff from Wackbag/Reddit, etc. The biggest evidence is Steve's wife is now very active in suicide prevention charities/support groups and such. The detail of the wedding anniversary is just something I've seen pop up a few times, seemingly posted by a disgruntled ex-show member on reddit. Also, in the days after Steve died, a few times Opie said "God, Steve...why...." Not really the type of thing you say when a guy has a medical incident. Again, I have nothing definitive I can link to, so believe what you want, it may be total bullshit. However, the source for the gastric bypass thing was just people on Wackbag the day he died saying "Hmm maybe it was his stomach." so I'm more inclined to believe the suicide thing.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 22, 2014

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Didn't Jim also make a suicide joke with the name Steve or something like that?

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

I believe Jimmy made a crack about suicide when they were talking about Steve then immediately apologized. It was later deleted from the replay.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Jimmy called himself "Steve Suicidal" during a drunk bit. It was edited out.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Ah yeah. Poor Steve. Seemed like a good dude, just lovely at managing lovely people.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Good interview with Jim Norton:
http://www.vice.com/vice-meets/jim-norton-on-his-comedy-career-and-the-jim-norton-show-081

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Everybody should support Jim Norton's new Vice show.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Ant is testing the show right now:
https://www.anthonycumia.com/livefeed

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
And if you can't load Ant's site, I just viewed the source, here is the direct link to the stream.

https://new.livestream.com/accounts/9265658/events/3209488/player?width=960&height=540&autoPlay=true&mute=false

edit: never mind, they shut it down so they can test from the site only.

Atarian fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Atarian posted:

And if you can't load Ant's site, I just viewed the source, here is the direct link to the stream.

https://new.livestream.com/accounts/9265658/events/3209488/player?width=960&height=540&autoPlay=true&mute=false

They just killed that. Noticed someone posted that direct link on Facebook and shut down embedding.

• Locked thread