Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Magic Hate Ball posted:

God, that first three seconds of staring is like something out of a Tim and Eric sketch.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

Wandle Cax posted:

How on earth would anyone think that facial hair looks good? How can you be so delusional to look into a mirror and think yep, that looks awesome. Straight away you can tell not to take any advice of any kind from that person.

His first two lines are delivered with such mechanical awkwardness. He immediately comes off as the guy you stay away from at parties. And that's before he talks about eating your eyes. His advice is the advice of someone who has seen and studied people flirting, but hasn't really caught on to the nuance.

I would watch a show by someone who finds real people who think they are experts on things they actually are terrible at. Well... I guess that's just Youtube, but like a real TVshow about it would be neat.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

can you guys stop being assholes, I'm just trying to eat ur sweet, sweet blueberry eyes and divorce you

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
My favorite lifehack comes from this short video starring Steve Martin:

https://screen.yahoo.com/dont-buy-stuff-000000884.html

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Rad Tad posted:

if we're making a trip to expert village, we're making a stop here.

Flirting. What is it?

The Expert posted:

Now, who are the best flirts in the world? They're actually little kids.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is not going to be the best way to make your point. It's pretty awesome at outing you as a paedophile an ephebophile though.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
This guy is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flkXERGMTPg

"When speaking to a person, you could try bringing up a recent movie or the latest news. You could also discuss interesting events in your life, like that one time you ever emerged from your oubliette before."

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Beep boop I am soulpatchatron 3000. Commence program 1252: flirting.exe beep boop.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

MrAptronym posted:

I would watch a show by someone who finds real people who think they are experts on things they actually are terrible at. Well... I guess that's just Youtube, but like a real TVshow about it would be neat.

There was a short-lived show in the UK called "Help Yourself", presented by Angus Deayton. He showed clips from terrible self-help or instructional videos and made fun of them. I think there are a few episodes on YouTube still.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

A really useful parenting lifehack from the Onion

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

THAT AIN'T NO ONION

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Do girls really like it when you pretend to divorce them? They are such mysterious creatures.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

Stottie Kyek posted:

There was a short-lived show in the UK called "Help Yourself", presented by Angus Deayton. He showed clips from terrible self-help or instructional videos and made fun of them. I think there are a few episodes on YouTube still.

Thank you. I can't believe this existed 8 years back, before youtube was big. Some of the older videos are proof that there have always been loons I guess.

See its not that you don't take care of yourself, don't have any fashion sense and were born ugly. You just need a new Cologne! The sheer number of these related to being attractive or to anxiety is pretty telling. Then there are these:

Literally just an ad. Do these companies pay the tumblr's owner, or do they just submit these and the guy goes along with it?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

MASTURBATORS. Create the effect that you've been sleeping on your arm by getting someone else to pull you off.

MARRIED women. Bored of having sex with the same man again and again? Simply sit on your husband's cock until it goes numb and Hey Presto! It feels like someone else is banging you.

HUSBANDS. Tired of sleeping with the same wife? Simply lie on top of her until she goes numb, and Hey Presto! She'll feel like someone else's wife.

Also is there anything you can't use sanitary pads for?

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
And those are the winning entries.
What the hell is it with the UK and poo poo like "Chizzy" and "Jezza" and "Macca" for nicknames. The only time I've hated Matt Smith was the time he referred to Karen Gillan and Billie Piper as "Kaz and Bills."
gently caress...off.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Stazza posted:

What the hell is it with the UK and poo poo like "Chizzy" and "Jezza" and "Macca" for nicknames. The only time I've hated Matt Smith was the time he referred to Karen Gillan and Billie Piper as "Kaz and Bills."
gently caress...off.

:shrug:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Seeing as it's the same girls over and over I'm not convinced this is true.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

Seeing as it's the same girls over and over I'm not convinced this is true.

They worked for the magazine and demonstrated some of the winning top tips.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Geokinesis posted:

They worked for the magazine and demonstrated some of the winning top tips.

Aw man, that's a lovely job apparently.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
It's a UK magazine that mentions Shakira, so that means this must've been from about 2002 at the earliest. :aaa: I thought all these things were from old vintage mags. I wanted to believe that.

edit:

MrAptronym posted:

Thank you. I can't believe this existed 8 years back, before youtube was big. Some of the older videos are proof that there have always been loons I guess.

Most of the videos featured were actually VHS tapes that were actually for sale in self-help, exercise or self-teaching sections of shops and libraries. Not just on YouTube, some people paid money to see "How To Massage Your Cat".

Stottie Kyek has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Jul 21, 2014

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Just how the hell are sanitary towels cheaper than anti-perspirant? Was there some kind of anti-perspirant shortage back then that drove up prices that I'm not away of because I'm a smelly goonlord?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Slime posted:

Just how the hell are sanitary towels cheaper than anti-perspirant? Was there some kind of anti-perspirant shortage back then that drove up prices that I'm not away of because I'm a smelly goonlord?

Hey man, some people don't want any of that aluminum stuff.

Not me though, every morning I wad up tinfoil and just shove it up in there, keeps me feeling fresh all day long! Give it a try!

pdog
May 7, 2013

Stairs posted:

gently caress...off.

It's because you're an insufferable American.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

pdog posted:

It's because you're an insufferable American.

"love it!'s Pdog Say:"

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Stairs posted:

What the hell is it with the UK and poo poo like "Chizzy" and "Jezza"

The first season of Peep Show confused the poo poo out of me because I thought they were calling that one guy "Jizzer"

Ugly American trap sprung, I guess.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

"Moz" for Morrissey and "Madge" for Madonna were always my favorite weird-rear end British pop star nicknames.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Don't laugh at those nicknames, or as the Brits call them "nibby namey not the samey"s.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?

Stairs posted:

gently caress...off.

This is pretty much a normal everyday thing here in Australia.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Stairs posted:

What the hell is it with the UK and poo poo like "Chizzy" and "Jezza" and "Macca" for nicknames.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6JHEEsrADM

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

magic pantaloons posted:

This is pretty much a normal everyday thing here in Australia.

I can attest to this. :v:

Here is more information.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Need the police or ambulance in a hurry? Phone 911 and tell them a cop has been shot at your location. They won't be happy when they get there, but they'll still show up.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
I can't get this one to work. :(

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Karma Monkey posted:

I can't get this one to work. :(

I saw a variant of this that suggested "puppets and puppeteers". That one didn't work either. :saddowns:

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Supposedly you can use tampons to clean shotgun barrels. :confuoot:
I saw a guy a month or two back running with a water bottle tucked into his butt crack and sticking out of his shorts. I guess he took the whole 'nature's pocket' gag a little seriously.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Was he walking through the streets winking at freaks with a 2-liter stuffed in his butt cheeks? Because if so I've been trying to figure out what that guy is for a while.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

These are some pretty good :airquote: lifehacks, plus the host has a very pretty beard. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_A-Iw-33bM

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

PK Starstorm
Jun 2, 2011

How loving thick are the pads that woman's using to successfully create the image of curves? :psyduck:

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

PK Starstorm posted:

How loving thick are the pads that woman's using to successfully create the image of curves? :psyduck:

It's a common rookie mistake to use them right out of the box. Used they add a lot more bulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

PK Starstorm posted:

Depends.