Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
Remember that if you talk to Prof Oak 30 times in a row he gives you five more poke-balls, another 50 times and he gives you the keys to the truck that Mew hides under.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Livewire42 posted:

Remember that if you talk to Prof Oak 30 times in a row he gives you five more poke-balls, another 50 times and he gives you the keys to the truck that Mew hides under.
Thanks, but I intend to just push the truck.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
FactsAreUseless we need to stop lping pokemon right now we are corrupting the kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDgjo5a-Kls

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr DJB posted:

FactsAreUseless we need to stop lping pokemon right now we are corrupting the kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDgjo5a-Kls
I still remember when this guy got banned from SA for being a whiny little poo poo. Memories. :allears:

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

red plastic cup posted:

I don't think I like this new direction you're taking the LP in, OP.

I don't know, I think it's pretty good......

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Hey, OP! You just keep on doing whatever it is you're doing, because that's what you're good at, Okay?

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014
I like the LP so far, but I don't feel a personal connection with you, OP. Try putting a picture of your face in the corner of each picture (it'd have to be a different picture of you per screenshot).

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Nuffkins posted:

I like the LP so far, but I don't feel a personal connection with you, OP. Try putting a picture of your face in the corner of each picture (it'd have to be a different picture of you per screenshot).

i disagree, instead it should be pictures of forums poster Nuffkins overreacting/joy vomiting to this great lp

please send the OP your pics

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nuffkins posted:

I will do this next update.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Putty posted:

i disagree, instead it should be pictures of forums poster Nuffkins overreacting/joy vomiting to this great lp

please send the OP your pics
Anybody who wants to guest in my LP, PM me a picture of yourself holding a sign that reads "Sponrad is better down where it's wetter" with the date.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Update 6 – I’m Late! I’m Late! For A Very Important Update!

This time we’re heading up to Mt. Moon, and from there we go to Cerulean City to get the Cascade Badge. This is a pretty scary section of the game, so I’ve set up a webcam to record my reactions. Hi everyone!

First we have to go through Route 3. There’s not a lot of interest here, but it is the only place we can catch a Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff is famous for appearing in the Super Smash Bros series of games, as well as a popular series of non-gendered sex toys sold in Japan.

We can try to catch one, but it’s going to take a while. We search high…

…and low…

But eventually we encounter one! Weed Goku beats it almost to death, and then we capture it! Nice work, Luigi!

Jigglypuff is a Normal/Fairy-type Pokemon. It evolves into Wigglytuff when mooned. Never expose Jigglypuff to bright light. Never get it wet. And never feed it after midnight. Jigglypuff learns Sing, Dance, Perform (Lute), and Inspire Competence.

After catching Jigglypuff it’s time to head through Mt. Moon. We enter the mysterious cave…

Mt. Moon is mostly dark and full of Zubats. One gets caught in our hat, so I guess we captured it.

Zubat is a Poison/Flying-type Pokemon. It evolves into Golbat. Zubats have no eyes and navigate via GPS. Zubats are not Bug-type. They learn Bite, Bat, and Bitty Betsy’s Big Bomb Blast.

We can also “catch” a “Geodude” here, by which I mean pick up a rock. There’s no such thing as Geodude. Brock is an idiot.

Geodude is a Rock/Ground-type Pokemon, which means it is a rock that sits on the ground. It evolves into Graveler if you glue a bunch of smaller rocks onto it. You can throw it at somebody and steal their Pokemon if you want to.

Mt. Moon is also home to Team Rocket Avengers! Team Rocket are dedicated to justice and love. If this were a Renegade playthrough we would be forced to fight them, but since we’ve gone Paragon they will give us helpful tips.

Thanks, Team Rocket. This is more important advice than you’d think. If we don’t wear shorts to the desert, we can easily become dehydrated, lowering the effectiveness of our items.

Oh no! A monster! Run away run away run away run away run away!

Yikes, that was terrifying. You can see by my face that I’m still recovering from that one. Mt. Moon can be pretty bad if you’re not prepared, and I was playing this at midnight in a dark room blindfolded wearing earplugs, so you can understand why I freaked out a li

OH HOLY gently caress WHAT EVEN IS THAT I DON’T EVEN I CAN’T EVEN HANDLE IT OH gently caress OH gently caress THAT’S SO CREEPY I’M NEVER GOING TO SLEEP AGAIN

We also have to battle a Hiker, who throws rocks at us. I mean trains Geodudes.

And that’s it for Mt. Moon! Next time, we head to Cerulean –

What? There’s a Route 4? Oh, gently caress that poo poo. Seriously, this game is nothing but filler. I don’t have to do this, you know. I’m a Let’s Play Superstar. I could be the next Nakar. I could be playing Sprung. I could – huh? Nobody knows what those are anymore?

Jesus Christ, what’s even happening to this country. Somebody get my agent on the phone. The good agent! Not that goddamn—

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I almost forgot! I need you all to name our new Jigglypuff and Geodude.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Name the Jigglypuff "DashRndr". Don't bother naming the Geodude. They aren't even a real Pokemon.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Your "geodude" is just a Pet Rock and I don't see why we should put any effort into giving it a real name.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

name the jigglypuff "dweezil" but make sure not to use capital letters, jigglypuffs are allergic to capital letters.

sisterSyzygy
Sep 5, 2013

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.
My vote goes to naming the Jigglypuff Rick Ross and the Geodude Stone Cold.

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!
Name jigglypuff Nipple and the geodude Dr Teeth

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This just in:

When will Obama stop lying to the American people? Obama was playing with his "Geodude" (stoned on cocaine and gay) while Al-Qaeda bombed Ben Ghazi.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

Your "geodude" is just a Pet Rock and I don't see why we should put any effort into giving it a real name.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
It's not just Geodude that's not a pokemon it's the whole rock type. "Rock" type trainers like Barock Obama and Brock are ground type drop outs, they just couldn't handle training awesome ground types like Diglet so they started throwing rocks around calling them rock type pokemon. Honestly why would you need a rock type if you already have ground? Rocks are part of the ground. I should probably stop talking about this as it's a major plot point in the later game and I don't want to spoil this LP.

Name Jigglypuff Jack and then throw that stupid rock away, it's not a pokemon so it can be part of a pokemon LP.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

This just in:

When will Obama stop lying to the American people? Obama was playing with his "Geodude" (stoned on cocaine and gay) while Al-Qaeda bombed Ben Ghazi.

Name your Geodude #ObamaConspiracies

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario
Pet Rock for the Geodude.

Also gently caress Route 4, that poo poo takes hours to get through even on 10x exp in an NG+++.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I once played on a hacked server where they made Geodude a real pokemon. It was the worst thing ever.
Don't ever believe anyone who says Geodude is in any way sort or form a pokemon.

Now that Jigglypuff, that's a keeper. Teach it tri attack by fusing it with the three legendary birds and it'll tear through anything.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Name Jigglypuff Majin Buu. You can throw the rock at a trainer to knock them out, avoiding the battle entirely. This will however give you a one star wanted level.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Name Jigglypuff Majin Buu. You can throw the rock at a trainer to knock them out, avoiding the battle entirely. This will however give you a one star wanted level.
Sorry, Paragon run.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
viewer request: please catch a team rocket

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
Wiggle-Butt and Dwayne.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
If he were doing a Renegade run, he could just defenestrate Meowth and take the whole organization for himself.

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010
Name the Geodude Nick Cage as homage to the multi-million dollar blockbuster 'The Rock' which made the Hollywood A-lister a household name.

Name Jigglypuff Truffle Shuffle as it is a fatty and should never be allowed to forget it.

Also I didn't really like your scarecam OP as there was too much light and you weren't wearing a giant branded headset. The camera wasn't even at a jaunty angle! Please fix these things or I will unsubscribe tia.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

evilspacehopper posted:

Name Jigglypuff Jack and then throw that stupid rock away, it's not a pokemon so it can be part of a pokemon LP.

I think you meant, "name Jigglypuff Jack and name Geodude stupid rock, it can be part of this pokemon LP because all rocks go to pokeheaven."

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

MartianAgitator posted:

Name jigglypuff Nipple and the geodude Dr Teeth
Same, if only because all pokemon should have slightly vague names that will leave you clueless as to what they are after a week.

FactsAreUseless posted:

This just in:

The reason geodude has never been discovered is because everyone has been looking in the wrong direction!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

El Murguista posted:

The reason geodude has never been discovered is because everyone has been looking in the wrong direction!

Correct. Like Geodude, the moon landings are fake.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

El Murguista posted:

That's a Lunatone which is a pure psychic type, it's made of moon stones and not rocks. You can't catch it in this game so there's no point in even mentioning it.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

evilspacehopper posted:

That's a Lunatone which is a pure psychic type, it's made of moon stones and not rocks. You can't catch it in this game so there's no point in even mentioning it.

No no no, don't just shrug of a controversial statement like that. If you believe in Lunatone you must believe in Solrock as well. And that implies the sun is made of rock. Well, is it?

I always thought it was a ball of gas burning millions of miles away.

Triangle
Jul 30, 2011

Heh. If I was actually unchill, I would be using all caps and/or exclamation marks in my posts, but I am chill. Clowns like you make me laugh, that's what clowns do. Added to my ignore list.
Weed poop

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

No no no, don't just shrug of a controversial statement like that. If you believe in Lunatone you must believe in Solrock as well. And that implies the sun is made of rock. Well, is it?

I always thought it was a ball of gas burning millions of miles away.

Solrock is made of rock music.... And the souls of dead pokemon. It's not actually formed of rocks at all and because of that you can't hug it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PYF fictional Pokemon fanfic ITT.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's literally your entire LP.
:goonsay:

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

FactsAreUseless posted:

Has anyone else heard of the Nicolas Cage version of each pokemon? They're not really fictional Pokemon but my cousin says they're incredibly rare.

I've heard if you catch them all you too turn into a Nicolas Cage of yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hyperrealistic Nicolas Cage in Blood Cage.

• Locked thread