Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Otoh all those who partook in corruption won't have to worry about handballs if they plan on playing any footie in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

quote:

we declare that there will be no World Cup in Qatar since Qatar will be part of the Caliphate

Much as I dislike living in Qatar, maybe its worth hanging about to see what living in Cali is like

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

And now imagine what will happen if Israel qualifies for the WC there.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I'm ready to fight in the Islamc State's anti-fifa brigades

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
seems like isis isn't so bad after all

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I quite liked the ISIS games on the SNES and N64

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28357058

quote:

Football Association chairman Greg Dyke will on Tuesday face questions from MPs over the awarding of hosting rights for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

Members of the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee will ask if Dyke would support the Crown Prosecution Service bringing a case against Fifa.

The organisation is in the spotlight over allegations of corruption in the bidding process for both tournaments.

The role of Fifa president Sepp Blatter is likely to be scrutinised too.

Following a series of financial and voting scandals football's world governing body has undergone a period of reform over the past three years.

Mr Blatter declared last month that the reform period was over and had been successfully introduced.

However, it is believed MPs will ask Dyke if the FA should withdraw from Fifa if further reform is not forthcoming.

Two Sunday Times journalists, Heidi Blake and Jonathan Calvert, are also due to give evidence to the committee.

Their appearance comes after their paper reported on leaked documents it obtained which they allege provide proof the disgraced Qatari football official Mohamed Bin Hammam made payments totalling US$5m (£3m) to football officials in return for their support for the Qatar bid.

Qatar 2022 vehemently deny any wrong-doing but with Tuesday's hearing subject to Parliamentary privilege - a long-standing right designed to protect MPs and witnesses from libel action - the committee could hear further allegations relating to the newspaper's inquiry.

Its going to be live on BBC Parliament at half 10

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Blue Star Error posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28357058

Its going to be live on BBC Parliament at half 10

Isn't the government getting involved in football governance a thing that gets you suspended or expelled from fifa?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Byolante posted:

Isn't the government getting involved in football governance a thing that gets you suspended or expelled from fifa?

They're not getting involved in football governance, they're asking an 'expert' for advice on a potential criminal matter.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Honestly I would love it if the likes of Germany, France, Spain, England all left FIFA. It would destroy them like the corrupt bottom feeders they are. As far as I see it the next 2 World Cups in Russia and Qatar are going to be a farce anyway. Might as well salt the earth and start again.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to that Michael Garcia corruption report that was due after the world cup? Are we supposed to have forgotten about it?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dravs posted:

Honestly I would love it if the likes of Germany, France, Spain, England all left FIFA. It would destroy them like the corrupt bottom feeders they are. As far as I see it the next 2 World Cups in Russia and Qatar are going to be a farce anyway. Might as well salt the earth and start again.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to that Michael Garcia corruption report that was due after the world cup? Are we supposed to have forgotten about it?

Yes, I am sure Platini and Beckenbauer are shocked and appalled by the behaviour of Qatar and will leave FIFA to show it.

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

Dravs posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/21/ethics-investigation-private-fifa-michael-garcia

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lol i expected them to at least pretend it was real

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
For those of you who are, like me, gay enough to want to watch this thing: here is the stream

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

lol, i don't know why i'm surprised

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
This is going to be the trigger for the big clubs to leave uefa and form their own super league isnt it.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Jesus, Greg Dyke is an awkward fucker.
How did he raise to the position of head anything?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Live coverage has moved off BBC Parliament and onto here.

So far its a waste of time, Greg Dyke is a retard, its no wonder the FA are such pushovers with him in charge.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Wow, classic FIFA, I do not know why I expected anything different.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

WHY WON'T SEPP BLATTER DIE FFS

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hegay posted:

WHY WON'T SEPP BLATTER DIE FFS
I understand why people say this but he is still literally one of the least corrupt members of fifa so it's just going to get worse when does go

:rip: football

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Is he the least corrupt because bribery isn't corruption in his eyes?

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Is he the least corrupt because bribery isn't corruption in his eyes?

No, it's because plenty of other high-ranking members of fifa (and it gets even worse once you get into uefa, concacaf, caf, etc;) are literally more corrupt than he is.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

dilbertschalter posted:

No, it's because plenty of other high-ranking members of fifa (and it gets even worse once you get into uefa, concacaf, caf, etc;) are literally more corrupt than he is.

Lol if you think Blatter isnt the worst. How the gently caress do you think he's held onto his position for so long?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Lol if you think Blatter isnt the worst. How the gently caress do you think he's held onto his position for so long?

He remains in power because he's been in power so long. When you hold a position like that, you get dirt on everyone. I'm not convinced (from strictly a corruption standpoint) that Blatter is any worse than the rest of these fucks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Akileese posted:

He remains in power because he's been in power so long. When you hold a position like that, you get dirt on everyone. I'm not convinced (from strictly a corruption standpoint) that Blatter is any worse than the rest of these fucks.

He got dirt on everyone by making them do all the dodgy stuff as repayment for favours over the years, so technically he's completely clean if poo poo ever hits the fan.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Reminder that Blatter was actually against Qatar getting the World Cup

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

This is going to be the trigger for the big clubs to leave uefa and form their own super league isnt it.

Yes, followed immediately by Liverpool finally winning the Premier League.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Bobby Digital posted:

Yes, followed immediately by Liverpool finally winning the Premier League.

Them or Arsenal.

United would still place fourth.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
As an expert in international corruption, I

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Fifa has ruled out calls for Russia to be axed as hosts of 2018 after the shooting down of MH17, insisting the tournament could be 'a force for good'

For Fifa to dismiss European politicians with such a massive burn only highlights how they have no masters. If the EU got really lovely you know Fifa would relocate to Qatar in 28 days.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Just like the Sochi Olympics were a force of good

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Kurtofan posted:

Just like the Sochi Olympics were a force of good

No one gives a poo poo about the winter olympics though.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Just read the whole thing: http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2014/jul/28/qatar-world-cup-migrants-not-paid-building-office

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Time for ECA to take over imo

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Qatar's World Cup organising committee posted:

We strongly disapprove

lol

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
World Cup stadium construction crew paid 45p an hour and forced to work 30 days a month:
http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2014/jul/29/qatar-world-cup-stadium-workers-earn-45p-hour

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Julio Grondona has died :getin:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Wow, this guy's face embodies sleaze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

Wow, this guy's face embodies sleaze

Or stroke. Not sure which one.