Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS
WhyAmIMrPink on Origin, snarkdispenser on xbl (both in the OP spreadsheet). Mostly west coast times and not super consistent but I'm game. I'm also only gen 1 25 on PC for now so no triple threat for me yet :( Lord knows whether my lovely soundcard/mic will work on mumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I do have to say, I miss the nightly stomps we all had. We ruled Titanfall, it was fun to have so many bro's just stomping face together. Then we stopped playing so much. Then we started arguing about Moba's. Next thing you know, everyone's gone, and there is nothing to play :(

hey you started playing dota again :mad:

also I read in a recent post somewhere that riding a titan is now approximately 758% better because your view does not turn with the titan you're riding, meaning the idea of being a turret on top of a friend is now incredibly viable.

I'm sure this is super old news but well, whatever.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 15, 2014

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
Some kind of titanfall map or something

http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-frontiers-edge-dig-site-reveal

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

hey you started playing dota again :mad:

And you fell down a Payday 2 hole :colbert:

I for one look forward to the one or two days of pub stomping with goons that will occur when the new DLC comes out :unsmith:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Antoine Silvere posted:

And you fell down a Payday 2 hole :colbert:

I for one look forward to the one or two days of pub stomping with goons that will occur when the new DLC comes out :unsmith:

I got tired of waiting for GTA:O to get heists (because it never will) and decided to play some heists. You should play payday with me, I am sort of good at it now.

step one: never, ever play Framing Frame again

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

Psion posted:

I got tired of waiting for GTA:O to get heists (because it never will) and decided to play some heists. You should play payday with me, I am sort of good at it now.

step one: never, ever play Framing Frame again

Step two: Actually come into mumble every once in a while.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

Another thing: http://www.titanfall.com/au/news/titanfall-frontiers-edge-export-reveal

~farrrrrrrt~

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

July 23rd according to the Twitch stream.

I'm excited. :colbert:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I played some last night, first time since the last big update and I have to say, I can't really make out any Titan insignias at all. Even my own when I jump in my auto titan, I just don't see them. Game is still super fun, Would be nice if there was a goon or two to play with though. Didn't have any trouble finding games, but it's just funner with dudes to dick around with.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AirRaid posted:

Would be nice if there was a goon or two to play with though.

I literally check to see if anyone is playing every week night at 6pm and 8pm and no one is ever on. :(

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I literally check to see if anyone is playing every week night at 6pm and 8pm and no one is ever on. :(

Okay Shoot me a message on Origin at 8ish tonight and I will totally play some. I'm AizRaid if you don't have me.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Likewise please message me, I'm RiotGearEpsilon on origin as well. Let me shoot you. Let me shoot you in the face!

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius
I may or may not be available tonight, so if I am I'll hop on later tonight for a few games with y'all.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
You guys should probably all make sure you're in the same time zone :v:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Haha that might help. I'm in GMT btw.

Just played a few rounds of Marked for Death with FiftySeven, and game is still great fun. It's a good mode, too. Playing in Angel City in between marks, I spotted a guy on the ground from a rooftop and started cooking a grenade. As the grenade was in the air the guy goes Marked, and almost instantly gets gibbed. :hellyeah:

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

Antoine Silvere posted:

You guys should probably all make sure you're in the same time zone :v:

Stop being on business you real-world-adult. :colbert:

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

AirRaid posted:

Haha that might help. I'm in GMT btw.

Just played a few rounds of Marked for Death with FiftySeven, and game is still great fun. It's a good mode, too. Playing in Angel City in between marks, I spotted a guy on the ground from a rooftop and started cooking a grenade. As the grenade was in the air the guy goes Marked, and almost instantly gets gibbed. :hellyeah:

I did a thing with the Kraber. It was not a good thing. Still love the hell out of this game.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Hey goons, Myself and Ansob are about to play some robots, and possibly Fifty as well if he doesn't go play some other awful awful game. Come join us! We're in Mumble.

Update: Fifty is doing something terrible not involving giant stompy robots. Shame on him.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
How come there's so little discussion on the forums about this game these days? Have most people lost interest or something? I've been too busy to play until more recently, but I was expecting to find thousands of new posts in the thread since last I checked. There weren't.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

WattsvilleBlues posted:

How come there's so little discussion on the forums about this game these days? Have most people lost interest or something? I've been too busy to play until more recently, but I was expecting to find thousands of new posts in the thread since last I checked. There weren't.
There's been very little updated content, maybe three new maps and one new mode, coupled with very shallow (but fun) game play. There just isn't much to talk about outside of the game being a fun and short ride.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

The community is shriveling up. Its still a fun game but it just couldn't really hold people's attention. Plus dlc splitting the community. Balance issues drove people a way for a long time though that actually was fixed recently. Its still a great game but for me personally, we won almost every single game we played and once you stomp face on the same map for the hundredth time you just want to do something else. Definitely looking forward to the next game.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I didn't see a lot of One talk here, mostly PC, so I talk about it on other more active forums, shrug

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

ScienceAndMusic posted:

The community is shriveling up. Its still a fun game but it just couldn't really hold people's attention. Plus dlc splitting the community. Balance issues drove people a way for a long time though that actually was fixed recently. Its still a great game but for me personally, we won almost every single game we played and once you stomp face on the same map for the hundredth time you just want to do something else. Definitely looking forward to the next game.

Yeah I thought we all had a ridiculous Win/Loss record in SMNC but I think in Titanfall I went something like 180-11.

Edit: I still have my desktop, but it's in my bedroom hooked up to my TV so I can't really game with a mouse and keyboard, does anyone else use a controller to play this on PC?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

AirRaid posted:

Hey goons, Myself and Ansob are about to play some robots

We Played robots. We had good games! Including this -

Should have been 8 for me but one guy "Died" instead of being killed by my point blank satchel. Not sure whaat happened there. Counted as a kill for our team but not me personally.

I am going to be trying to play this semi regularly in the evening around 7 or so most nights. Would be nice to have a few goons to play with, it's much more fun with a couple friends, even when we lose games.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

There's not a whole lot to discuss. Discussion perks up when there's a patch or new DLC but we're in between both of those right now. Second DLC is probably coming soon because they keep posting bits of info about it but it's only new maps.

FWIW I'm glad that they're adding things like new game modes without tying them to DLC, even if marked for death is a tweaked pilot hunter. Overall I think the balance and matchmaking changes have been for the better too. Titanfall 2 will probably be an even more well rounded game at launch with lessons learned.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
Recently got Titanfall, want to get in on the action while there is still time. So you cant have a clan, the only way to invite party members is to friend them on origin?

My Origin name is Versocrity

After training I tried the campaign today, at first the lobby was empty, then a pub noob with numbers in name joined my team, then SIX high level guys clearly all together joined all at once on the enemy team. I didn't feel like getting roflstomped so I just quit. But maybe it makes sense to just lose so that I can at least finish the campaign? Not really sure how I should start.

EDIT: One fundamental question is, how much of a disadvantage is it if the other team outnumbers you, say they have 6 and you have 2? Surely the devs put in some very heavy compensation for this circumstance or worked hard to make sure this wouldn't happen.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 23, 2014

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Eregos posted:

But maybe it makes sense to just lose so that I can at least finish the campaign? Not really sure how I should start.
If you are only playing campaign to unlock titans, the Stryder now unlocks at level 15 and the Ogre at level 30. No campaign necessary.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Eregos posted:

After training I tried the campaign today, at first the lobby was empty, then a pub noob with numbers in name joined my team, then SIX high level guys clearly all together joined all at once on the enemy team. I didn't feel like getting roflstomped so I just quit. But maybe it makes sense to just lose so that I can at least finish the campaign? Not really sure how I should start.

You can unlock Titan chassis through normal levelling now so there's no real reason to play the campaign other than for the story (ehhhh...) and spectacle (IMC Battle of Demeter, sweet).

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Stop loving playing in unbalanced stacks and maybe you'd have more fun people. Don't be afraid of playing alone or with one or two other people. Of course the game gets old playing like that.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
I also realized (doh) that I can get useful information on mumble probably. Heres to hoping you guys don't sound like a bunch of uncaught sex offenders but I should know better.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Eregos posted:

Surely the devs put in some very heavy compensation for this circumstance or worked hard to make sure this wouldn't happen.

Hah, nope. It won't start the game until each team has at least 3(? Maybe 4) players, but if the teams are lopsided the game just tries to add more people once the game starts. There's no, like, "the team with fewer players gets stronger bots/titans" perk or whatever.

BTW feel free to come in the mumble but just keep in mind that most people in it aren't currently playing Titanfall. That'll probably change once the new DLC comes out but not 100% sure when that is. You're welcome to play other games with us though :shobon:

Also:

RBX posted:

Stop loving playing in unbalanced stacks and maybe you'd have more fun people. Don't be afraid of playing alone or with one or two other people. Of course the game gets old playing like that.

If I can't play the game with friends then...what's the point? :confused:

(not that I mind the stomps, game is still fun to me)

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

New DLC July 31st.

They're also adding a "black market" where you can buy stuff (insignia, burn cards) with in game credits. Before anyone says it, the only way to get credits are winning matches, earning xp at rank 50 and "selling burn cars" (as opposed to just discarding?).

I'm sure they'll monetize it eventually, EA sells BF4 battle packs now, but for now it's all kept in game.

I think it's neat. A way for gen10s to get specific burn card types.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Only lovely thing is that sounds like a guaranteed recipe for endless map hacks/amped X unless the prices and income are both set really intelligently.

And then when if they do sell credits, they are happily striding right into p2w territory if people can buy rare cards with cash.

(note that I personally don't think really good cards help lovely players enough for me to give a poo poo, but the concept has a foul odor in general)

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Look man it doesn't matter, as long as there's a way for me to get more spectre camo cards that's a good thing.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Snuffman posted:

I'm sure they'll monetize it eventually, EA sells BF4 battle packs now, but for now it's all kept in game.
EA doesn't own the IP and Respawn doesn't want microtransactions.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
What the gently caress did they do to my smart pistol

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

Roman posted:

EA doesn't own the IP and Respawn doesn't want microtransactions.

This gives me so much hope that we can avoid that mess.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I was actually curious about how Gen10s could get more/specific burn cards once they start finishing all their challenges for the last time. I didn't think there was no solution at this time though.

And I'm glad all the Burn cards that I don't like using/aren't my style can serve some use so I don't have to discard them anymore.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Vietnamwees posted:

I was actually curious about how Gen10s could get more/specific burn cards once they start finishing all their challenges for the last time. I didn't think there was no solution at this time though.

You'd still get them through normal play, but the odds of getting good ones like Titan Drops and enhanced abilities was really really low. Also made worse by the low card cap, but they fixed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Details about game update #5 here.

Black Market added, 8 more Titan decals, daily challenges, bug fixes. Also all you forever-Gen1 babbies get an image next to your name too now. :woop:

• Locked thread