Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Socracheese posted:

everyone involved in making video games is useless by definition because it is basically the science of pissing away time

yeah just like all other art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

Shaggar posted:

yeah just like all other art

video games are not art

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
actually they are art as decided by the supreme court of these united states.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
pending heat death of the universe who fukken cares what u do

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

as i played white man bullet shooter 2 : the shootening, im like yes, i am shooting hundreds of people in the face, but what does it mean you know? is it a narrative about the alienation that destruction brings? so deep

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i wish someone would post a giant quote from a news article and preface it with a statement regarding google's doom

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Boxturret posted:

google's doom

not sure i'd play this

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

quote:

The Google debate played a key role in the buildup to EU parliamentary elections in May, when Martin Schulz, the center-left's candidate to lead the European Commission, called for Google's market dominance to be subjected to strict regulation. The French government has said it would push for a new European law later this year to classify Google and other Web giants as public utilities, forcing them to guarantee access to all services like phone operators. In Germany, Economics Minister Sigmar Gabriel advanced the idea of breaking apart Google.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lmao if google is an election issue then rest in piss

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

hating kim Kardashian for her useless attention-seeking and liking kim Kardashian for her positive influence on the world are both equally important. that's because in this sharing economy the money is made from the emotional arbitrage between the haters and the likers

against this backdrop what graph is doing is providing additional volatility to the markets, which is a good thing, once in a while

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

it's okay cremnob, the thatcherites u love will make sure goog never suffers a scratch

the free market has spoken and it wants google

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

also lmao if you think we care about the european elections. just lol. imagine being that misinfomred

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fabricated posted:

pending heat death of the universe who fukken cares what u do

u might as well feel like you've achieved something in your life

but

lol if u feel that way after playing a fuckin computer game!

Max Facetime posted:

hating kim Kardashian for her useless attention-seeking and liking kim Kardashian for her positive influence on the world are both equally important. that's because in this sharing economy the money is made from the emotional arbitrage between the haters and the likers

against this backdrop what graph is doing is providing additional volatility to the markets, which is a good thing, once in a while

kk is all about da booty

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Forums Terrorist posted:

also lmao if you think we care about the european elections. just lol. imagine being that misinfomred

it doesnt matter if u care it matters that politicians think publically threatning to regulate google is popular. google is boned

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what soich enjine do u use

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

also this, anyone who can convince hordes of people to rain money on them in exchange for nothing of value has business sense, gotta respect that much

hitler was p good at extracting money from jewish people op

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

has anybody said "foogle" yet

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm not very excited about sending our troops in to bail them out when Russian tanks roll through Ukraine and into the EU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The Management posted:

I'm not very excited about sending our troops in to bail them out when Russian tanks roll through Ukraine and into the EU

just open the russian tank and pull successively smaller ones out until you get down to a size you can handle

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
tom clancy's using his new divine powers to start ww3

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
did anyone say google :gas:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

echinopsis posted:

what soich enjine do u use

duck duck... no.

but seriously folks it's not bad

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

use bing

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

The Management posted:

nah it's ok the poles have this one

cremnob posted:

use bing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oghDksyOzc8

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the gently caress is the difference

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

didn't they do it the other way like 2 years ago?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes, documents takes you to drive. before it used to take you to documents

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
do you store documents on the drive or beside them

what use is a drive if not for storing documents

pram
Jun 10, 2001
docs existed before drive

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
:psyduck:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

docs existed before drive

well yeah paper came before the car no poo poo mr history human being

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

reaching the rearranging the deck chairs phase earlier than i expected

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"lets just take the bus" - pram in 1400AD

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Damiya posted:

fismech you're real aggressive lately is everything OK?

i had slow itnernet for a while

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

"lets just take the bus" - pram in 1400AD

in 1400ad wed both be peasants on some english lordes farme

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
making love under sackcloth

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Avenging Dentist posted:

right i mean those timers exist for a reason and there are even sensible reasons why chrome might want to gently caress with them sometimes (e.g. html5 video) but the fact that they always dropped the timers to 1ms is proof positive that chrome devs don't understand operating systems (or are told not to care)

which gets extra-funny when you remember chrome os is a thing which exists

i had an cr-48. it was so bad unless u installed windows on it

also i love how people are still convinced it's totally a better experience than installing chrome on a linux, when what it is is a linux with chrome.out as shell.

Socracheese posted:

video games are not art

video games are art. art doesn't mean good or meaningful.

cremnob posted:

it doesnt matter if u care it matters that politicians think publically threatning to regulate google is popular. google is boned

oh no google might lose 0.01% of their revenue for a quarter. meanwhile apple is dying

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Apple is the only company making money off of tablets and has literal billions of cash on hand. if that's what a dying company looks like, sign me the gently caress up.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

uncurable mlady posted:

Apple is the only company making money off of tablets and has literal billions of cash on hand. if that's what a dying company looks like, sign me the gently caress up.

actually samsung makes more money from tablets than apple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Nintendo Kid posted:

i had an cr-48. it was so bad unless u installed windows on it

also i love how people are still convinced it's totally a better experience than installing chrome on a linux, when what it is is a linux with chrome.out as shell.

my favorite part about chrome os and other worthless platforms (that are all built on linux because writing an ACTUAL os is, like, really hard) is the inevitable land grab as people try to port existing projects to the platform for e-fame (and rarely, actual money)

like yeah it's cool that you managed to port zsh onto your web 2.0 dildo but everyone already knows what emscripten is anyway so gently caress you

• Locked thread