Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Bloodly posted:

The one he's thinking of is the Plasma Piercing Beam Rifle, and that was never craftable(Old or new), nor has it ever been in the Rep stores. The only purple grade version of it, like the other weird-rear end Romulan weapons like the Charged Burst Assault, were in the old Dil store. They've been removed without recompense.
I was going to pick up one of those cause it sounded fun but then the patch hit without warning so I got hosed. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Can I have an invite to the channel please? Tu'Pac@TescoBag

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Burning_Monk posted:

Ya, that is disappointing, as well as the loss of the Wide Beam Split Rifle. I just got one for an alt when it was mentioned last in the thread and a week later it's all gone. :iiam:

... wait, were those guns removed from characters that had them?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
No. Those that had them still have them. But there's no way at present to get new blue/purple ones, and green never existed because these things never dropped in the world in the first place. You can get commons still from anywhere that sells Plasma ground gear, but who'll willingly use common?

If this effectively sounds completely insane, it's because it kinda is. These weapons were introduced with Legacy then basically immediately forgotten about, with this result.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 22, 2014

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

kafziel posted:

... wait, were those guns removed from characters that had them?

Sorry I wasn't clear, I mean the store is all gone, characters that claimed them still have them.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

The piercing beam rifles are actually still pretty good even using the commons but that's mostly because you're benefiting from procs and effects not the actual damage because it was just a non stop barrage even using the default attack. But the dil ones were great because they were actually reasonably priced (about 9k dil) but the wide beam rifle and repeater pistol aren't going to be useful outside of leveling now.

It is weird as this stuff was put in just a year ago and they're fairly unique and they never got rolled into rep and apparently a sizeable group of players weren't even aware of them since there was only two stores to purchase them at. Like, why weren't they drops to begin with? Weird design choices.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Recently declassified NASA transcripts show the origin for STO's crafting revamp.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So I have just gotten to turning point as a Romulan - who should I join if I want to play with goons a bunch, feds or klinks?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TescoBag posted:

So I have just gotten to turning point as a Romulan - who should I join if I want to play with goons a bunch, feds or klinks?
Goons encompass both sides, just like freemasons. I suppose if this is your first alt I'd turn Fed since their content is marginally better, though I'd make your alt a klank so you can farm for contraband more easily.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Nessus posted:

Goons encompass both sides, just like freemasons. I suppose if this is your first alt I'd turn Fed since their content is marginally better, though I'd make your alt a klank so you can farm for contraband more easily.

I think the biggest difference mission wise is that KDFroms have less cardassian missions to do, which is probably a plus honestly.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Nessus posted:

I just made a romuklink alt specifically for farming. Being a Fed just doesn't pay.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

TescoBag posted:

THERE IS ONLY ROOM FOR ONE T'UPAC!

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

TescoBag posted:

If you want "free" plasleech, go klank.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

"Free" in this case means :10bux:. That would take a long, long dil grind for a new player who has reputations to grind out and other things to spend dil on.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
If they start out as KDF, getting the best console in the game is something they should grind out dil for first.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah but 30mil EC is a long grind for a new player as well, especially if they don't have any klank to go marauding with.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This person is very angry with me, because I am bad at videogames. Please study STFs so people won't be as rude to you as they were to me.

http://pastebin.com/RSqpeYUN

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
Woolie Wool a new 50 wouldn't have plasmonic leech as their first priority,fwiw. its perfectly feasible to farm stfs with goons without one

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Buschmaki posted:

This person is very angry with me, because I am bad at videogames. Please study STFs so people won't be as rude to you as they were to me.

Why don't they just leave once they realize what you've done and receive the real reward of IGE: a blissful hour of not doing IGE.

Re: yesterday talking about gozer, was he the one who did IGE's optional objective? Because that one isn't even worth trying for.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Buschmaki posted:

All it needs is "I was in (military organization)" and it would have been perfect.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Buschmaki posted:

Oh my.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
Afterward, some of us in TNG proceeded to inquire into his skills and resume, to predictable results. I am apparently going to "need a Dental" soon.

To his credit, I have been putting off the dentist.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Danaru posted:

All it needs is "I was in (military organization)" and it would have been perfect.

RED SQUAD RED SQUAD RED SQUAD!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oh hey, they're adding a little more dil to normal missions.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tunicate posted:

I can't imagine it being a meaningful amount, but hey it's still nice.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Danaru posted:

35th Armchair Commandos, Cheeto Supply Officer.

I'm still reeling at how badly paced the R&D grind really is. Isn't making it so slow everyone except crazy people will go :effort: and do something else instead counterproductive?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Woolie Wool posted:

I'm still reeling at how badly paced the R&D grind really is. Isn't making it so slow everyone except crazy people will go :effort: and do something else instead counterproductive?

The crazy people fund the game, plus it'll buy some time before they roll out the next fleet holding.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
If you think of 9.5 as the rollout of new uniforms, accompanied by a new lockbox with a decent Dreadnaught, it's not too bad. Crafting was a waste of time before the update and it's still a waste now.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Woolie Wool posted:

IIRC most f2p or 'monetization' scheme basically subsists off the mentally ill and whales.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, I like 9.5. New uniforms, an upgrade to the Aegis set I already have, a shiny new lockbox and some improvements to the way useless crafting items clog up your bank.

Not much, couple of minor improvements. More like 9.1.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I wish I'd bought the full 3p aegis before crafting revamp went through. I don't have a shield, so I don't even get the sweet looks.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Tunicate posted:

They're not. That post is just reminding people that they added dil rewards to Nukara, Defera and New Romulus ground stuff. It's a nice addition but you're still better off doing the Dyson ground for dil.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This person was very forthcoming with their emotions in IGE, a massive improvement over the other guy.

http://pastebin.com/46L5DqXZ

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Lagomorphic posted:

They're not. That post is just reminding people that they added dil rewards to Nukara, Defera and New Romulus ground stuff. It's a nice addition but you're still better off doing the Dyson ground for dil.

It also doesn't hurt that Dyson Ground is actually kind of fun.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Infyrion posted:

Could I get an invite to the chat/wiki? Infyrion@infyrion. Also registered as Infyrion for the wiki.

Managed to find the space fire extinguisher but I think I'm years too late for firefighting...

TescoBag posted:

You're both invited.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

IIRC most f2p or 'monetization' scheme basically subsists off the mentally ill and whales.

Pretty much yeah. Most F2P stuff makes most of their money of the I'll folks with gambling addictions, 1%er brats who think blowing thousands makes them better than everyone else, and other damaged sorts.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Wizard of the Deep posted:

It also doesn't hurt that Dyson Ground is actually kind of fun.

I really want to convert the other ground rep zones to be like Dyson Ground. Instead of the terrible slogs they are you can have Defera be like a last stand kind of thing where players ad hoc capture and hold points around the city as the borg try to take them over and Nukara you have a more horde clearing out of nests or whatever kind of situation penetrating deeper into the Tholian hive. The three man away team works really well as you can either go solo-survivability (captain + science boff + engi boff) or all out tactical jump kicking to try and kill everything before you die but still relies on players working together to really accomplish goals without forcing formal grouping. Also it is arcade-y enough that you don't have to worry about everyone being gently caress ups to ultimately succeed and scalable enough that you can get a sense of progression (first time I did dyson my team attacked a bunch of velociraptors right out of the gate and died while now I can solo half a zone without too much effort). Plus it is kind of social in the sense you see other players and work with them.

edit: Romulans could have...I don't know. The whole Romulus thing was kind of a big let down as I thought it'd be a big open conventional MMO zone to explore but it was actually pretty small and involved chasing rabbits and petting weird octopuses.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Berke Negri posted:

I really want to convert the other ground rep zones to be like Dyson Ground. Instead of the terrible slogs they are you can have Defera be like a last stand kind of thing where players ad hoc capture and hold points around the city as the borg try to take them over and Nukara you have a more horde clearing out of nests or whatever kind of situation penetrating deeper into the Tholian hive. The three man away team works really well as you can either go solo-survivability (captain + science boff + engi boff) or all out tactical jump kicking to try and kill everything before you die but still relies on players working together to really accomplish goals without forcing formal grouping. Also it is arcade-y enough that you don't have to worry about everyone being gently caress ups to ultimately succeed and scalable enough that you can get a sense of progression (first time I did dyson my team attacked a bunch of velociraptors right out of the gate and died while now I can solo half a zone without too much effort). Plus it is kind of social in the sense you see other players and work with them.

edit: Romulans could have...I don't know. The whole Romulus thing was kind of a big let down as I thought it'd be a big open conventional MMO zone to explore but it was actually pretty small and involved chasing rabbits and petting weird octopuses.

Bind tricorder to left mouse button and FPS research the poo poo out of that planet.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

There's got to be some crazy limitations to the engine because New Romulus just seems like screaming "big open ground MMO zone" where you've got crazy unknown wildlife to be tamed, tholians, tal shiar, who knows what the gently caress else, Dewan ruins to explore, etc. and instead they went with a very small map instead of multiple small ones to putt around in and only two or maybe even three? Are combat oriented.

Like unexplored planet full of crazy radiation monster animals a devastated race seeking a homeland to inhabitat sounds like it'd be a good setting for an adventure but...

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

New Romulus may be a wash for fun but they did give me a nanov giant fat baby octopus, so we're okay.

• Locked thread