Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Nintendo Kid posted:

actually samsung makes more money from tablets than apple

don't be willfully sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nintendo Kid posted:

:allears:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Nintendo Kid posted:

U talkin revenue or profit?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

cremnob posted:

lmao if google is an election issue then rest in piss

powers of the eu parliament:

its 0

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

pram posted:

in 1400ad wed both be peasants on some english lordes farme

its me :smugmrgw:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Roger Bootle-Wilbraham, 7th Baron Skelmersdale

lol

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

its ok it just reflects the political environment and is enabling the redo of the current settlement

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

pram posted:

Roger Bootle-Wilbraham, 7th Baron Skelmersdale

lol

got it first time lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

irl i raise u Hugh Cholmondeley, 6th Marquess of Cholmondeley

its pronounced 'chumley' lol

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Cardboard Box A posted:

U talkin revenue or profit?

"i love how i'm overpaying for this product so the company gets more money" - every apple user.

uncurable mlady posted:

don't be willfully sense

i'll be willfuly sensible all i want, nerdlord

pram
Jun 10, 2001
cholmondeley has a sweet castle

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

gotta live nicely :greenangel:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

did Google gently caress with the youtube homepage recently? i hadn't used it in a while to get to my uploaded cat videos and the video manager shortcut seems to have randomly relocated itself.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
It's google, so probably. Why not mess with something that works until it doesn't work again?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
yeah they changed it so the place where you'd click to upload and see favorites/likes now logs you out for some reason???

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
fishmech calling someone a nerdlord is like someone on their deathbed calling someone with a cold deathly ill

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

what the gently caress are y'all even on about jfc

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Nintendo Kid posted:

"i love how i'm overpaying for this product so the company gets more money" - every apple user.

sir, do you know why i stopped you today? the speed limit here is 45, how fast do you think you were moving those goal posts?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

The Management posted:

sir, do you know why i stopped you today? the speed limit here is 45, how fast do you think you were moving those goal posts?

you're the one who moved them, shitlord.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

2.5/5

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

apple's customer satisfaction rating

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

'gently caress the customer' - steve jorbs

agreed op

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
alot of people seem mad in the 'pos recently :(

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
google seems to have made the ipad youtube app less poo poo, it doesn't seem to randomly resize the video anymore when you click on a youtube link in safari

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theadder posted:

'gently caress the customer' - steve jorbs

agreed op

tbf he only made good products so people would want them

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

this is the game you guys are arguing over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9773c6V29g

in it, voted 5

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

didn't they do it the other way like 2 years ago?

the new docs are good, andm support track changes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my only gripe with the new google doc track changes, is that u cant pick ur own color. i usuallt prefer hot pink, but now, well, its up to the computer to pick my color.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

tbf he only made good products so people would want them

agreed op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theadder posted:

agreed op

i dont think you understand

he didn't get delight in seeing people happy with a product. in fact he despised that

but he did realise, unlike most other people, that building better products is the number one way to make people buy them
and become your emotional slaves

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

i dont think you understand

he didn't get delight in seeing people happy with a product. in fact he despised that

but he did realise, unlike most other people, that building better products is the number one way to make people buy them
and become your emotional slaves

ya i knew what u meant

ur sensible apple purchaser buys to have a good thing that lasts a long time & to buy from a better company than the others

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

Nintendo Kid posted:

you're the one who moved them, shitlord.

ohno, now the goalposts for the goalposts are moving too!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Max Facetime posted:

ohno, now the goalposts for the goalposts are moving too!

does the "moving goalposts" thing bother europeans, since it seems to be based on american football?

(i'm including australo-zealanders as europeans here)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

prefect posted:

does the "moving goalposts" thing bother europeans, since it seems to be based on american football?

(i'm including australo-zealanders as europeans here)

I don't know if you watched any of the World Cup but unamerican football, or "soccer," has goalposts too

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I don't know if you watched any of the World Cup but unamerican football, or "soccer," has goalposts too

i guess i don't think of those as goalposts because there's a bar connecting the top of them. probably just my american cultural bias at work :shrug:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

prefect posted:

i guess i don't think of those as goalposts because there's a bar connecting the top of them. probably just my american cultural bias at work :shrug:

mods, ban this xenophobic gently caress

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

looks like someone may have finally managed to find a way to get standing to sue over google's data collection on android

going with battery drain over the much easier to financially quantify cellular data use is interesting. probably due to wanting to include wifi tablets into the class, but as a nice side effect it requires a much, much more in depth look into exactly what, when, and how information is collected, processed, and transmitted.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i'm not sure if that argument is brilliant or ridiculous but it would be nice to know why my pocket gets all toasty sometimes

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

quote:

Google says that some previous battery issues associated with information transmission are "now done," and that much of the user data is now stored on the cloud, where it doesn't "implicate phone battery consumption."
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

quote:

But that's left us with another one of DeMars' and Barrios' claims: That there's a "greater discharge of battery power and system resources due to unauthorized activity." In other words, the plaintiffs say that they're not down with their information being shared between apps to deliver a more ~targeted~ advertising experience because every time that happens, extra battery power is expended, and the phone slows down. Moreover, they allege that this information is shared with third party apps, too.

this will never hold up. google will argue that the license for using android gives them the right to do this. nobody has to use android and this is part of the OS. ugh don't make me defend google, but if you're gonna go after them, do it in a smart way.

• Locked thread