Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
If you've got high Intrigue and especially if you've got an old ruler with a palatable heir lined up (because this will provoke retaliation if you're discovered) I've gotten some good results from sending somebody to stab the Seljuk sultan or whatever he's called. Just did this in a game yesterday and had it succeed, and as his heir was 4 years old Seljuk fell apart within months. Pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Nope, never. No matter what I did, it just would never spawn the doomstack like it should. I think I'll just scrap that part of the mod. :(

Were you spawning them in the destination province like SI does? You could probably copy the code exactly to test it out.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

SeaTard posted:

Were you spawning them in the destination province like SI does? You could probably copy the code exactly to test it out.

That's what I did! I copied the code exactly, but it still wouldn't work. Well, actually, it would spawn a stack but wouldn't declare war like it should.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I think host invasions need more boats. A dude declared on the HRE right before I went to gently caress them up, but he kept his 250,000 men sitting in Scotland because he only had 150 boats. :saddowns:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Captain Novolin posted:

I think host invasions need more boats. A dude declared on the HRE right before I went to gently caress them up, but he kept his 250,000 men sitting in Scotland because he only had 150 boats. :saddowns:

Pretty much. As a Welsh Great Britain, I never really worry about adventurer threats because, well, they can't really get to me so I pick them off at my leisure :shobon:

And then I get to banish them for a poo poo load of money!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

DrSunshine posted:

That's what I did! I copied the code exactly, but it still wouldn't work. Well, actually, it would spawn a stack but wouldn't declare war like it should.

Yeah I was trying to help the good Doctor figure out what was going on, without success (Because I know very little about event coding :downs:), but what was happening was really weird. The stack would spawn, sometimes not declare war and sometimes would. When it did declare war, the target would get 100% warscore immediately, and after The Hungry Ones surrendered each of their stacks would get assigned, seemingly randomly, to various rulers around the world.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Mister Adequate posted:

Yeah I was trying to help the good Doctor figure out what was going on, without success (Because I know very little about event coding :downs:), but what was happening was really weird. The stack would spawn, sometimes not declare war and sometimes would. When it did declare war, the target would get 100% warscore immediately, and after The Hungry Ones surrendered each of their stacks would get assigned, seemingly randomly, to various rulers around the world.

The title for the attackers probably needs to be a temporary title like an adventurer. Or, flip the owner of the province to your horde before you declare war, so they actually have a holding. If they just have a regular title, they'll instantly lose as you are seeing.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Captain Novolin posted:

I had a guy in Sweden once declare an invasion on me in Sicily. I stood down my levies months later when I checked his location on his character sheet and it turned out he was hoofing it all the way across Denmark, through Germany, and right down Italy to get at me.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Yeah, they're kinda bugged. As Genoa I had a host invasion for the kingdom of Mali start in India. By the time that stack had walked all the way to Italy they were down to 4000 men.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Somebody recommend me a starting location for a Hindu ruler who loves to get his raid on. I'm hankering to try this India thing out.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I enjoy Sri Lanka. You own the entire island, theres only one way in (with the caveat that it does work in reverse) so you are well guarded, but once you break onto the mainland, which is quite easy, you're surrounded by Hindus, and you're a Buddhist. Easy conversion to fit your needs.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jul 23, 2014

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

RagnarokAngel posted:

I enjoy Sri Lanka. You own the entire island, theres only one way in (with the caveat that it does work in reverse) so you are well guarded, but once you break onto the mainland, which is quite easy, you're surrounded by Hindus, and you're a Buddhist. Easy conversion to fit your needs.

Staying as a Buddhist in Sri Lanka really limits your options anyways. You can't subjugate anyone in the lower half of India so you're stuck with county claims.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

As an elective norse kingdom, should I be re-nominating my heir every time I reload the game?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

SynthOrange posted:

As an elective norse kingdom, should I be re-nominating my heir every time I reload the game?

No, it's a bug that seems to have appeared in the latest patch. At least I can't remember having to re-nominate every time I load the save before.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Figured it must have been a bug. Annoying.

Oh well, my annoyance is offset by the fact that the Jomsvikings finally got off their asses and asked for the county, HOORAY!

Hm, do fleet levies count towards opinion maluses towards you?

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 23, 2014

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

How hard do you think the Paradox forums would poo poo their pants if somebody announced they were making a "Kurgan Invasion Era" mod that treated Marija Gimbutas's theories as absolute historical truth?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

DStecks posted:

How hard do you think the Paradox forums would poo poo their pants if somebody announced they were making a "Kurgan Invasion Era" mod that treated Marija Gimbutas's theories as absolute historical truth?

That depends, can you frame it as a snow white mary sue civilization crushing all the brown people? They'd go nuts.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

SynthOrange posted:

Hm, do fleet levies count towards opinion maluses towards you?

Yes, and I want to say they add up faster than troops since boats are crazy expensive

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

TaurusTorus posted:

That depends, can you frame it as a snow white mary sue civilization crushing all the brown people? They'd go nuts.

I was thinking more along the lines of "defend the perfect pan-European matriarchal goddess-cult society from the evil MEN!"

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DStecks posted:

Do you get to take people's heads and rape their women before their blood is even cold? If not, not interested. Historical realism must be maintained.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Do we know anything about the big upcoming expansion that Paradox announced a while ago?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Hopefully it's the Tanks & Dinosaurs one.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Torrannor posted:

Do we know anything about the big upcoming expansion that Paradox announced a while ago?

Another one? What in god's name would they even add at this point, I'm at a loss for major content gaps given how much poo poo CK2 has already

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Another one? What in god's name would they even add at this point, I'm at a loss for major content gaps given how much poo poo CK2 has already

A more fleshed-out faction system, for one.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

DStecks posted:

A more fleshed-out faction system, for one.

I suppose! Doesn't really describe a "big" upcoming expansion so I'd still wonder at what the overriding theme or focus would be.

Crusader Kings 2 already has so much stuff to do I doubt I'll ever play all the things I want to play. I was sure they were done after Rajas of India.

I'm not complaining, consider it just a sort of exasperated form of delight at how much support this game gets :unsmith:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Torrannor posted:

They're FINALLY releasing the secret bear event chain.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
They could keep on expanding the map, but the game engine is already starting to show the impact of having a pretty giant map. Maybe moving the start times back even more, to the founding of Islam in the early 600s or something, or even taking things back to Odoacer.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

monster on a stick posted:

They could keep on expanding the map, but the game engine is already starting to show the impact of having a pretty giant map. Maybe moving the start times back even more, to the founding of Islam in the early 600s or something, or even taking things back to Odoacer.

I just want the game to start with literal cavemen.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Maybe moving the start times back even more, to the founding of Islam in the early 600s or something,

With how much poo poo that 480 Migration mod got during that part of development I doubt Paradox would even consider tackling that beast.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Druids DLC, mechanics for pagan Britain despite us knowing almost nothing about them :razz:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

With how much poo poo that 480 Migration mod got during that part of development I doubt Paradox would even consider tackling that beast.

Maybe move it back to circa Battle of Tours then? Islam is already well-established and you've got a new "Karling challenge" by playing Charles Martel. That's not a huge expansion though, it's just creating a bunch of characters and turning the clock back a bit.

I mean, the only other alternative I see for a big expansion is moving the map to China and introducing Confucianism (and presumably Shinto since you may as well include Japan at that point.) But then the Mongols are actually on the map and they can't just appear out of nowhere.

EDIT: or maybe they flesh out parts of the game that don't have many special mechanics, like (non-Norse) pagan religions and non-Byzantine/Roman empires, but that's more flavor than anything else.

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 23, 2014

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Right after the death of Mohammed seems like a good starting point to me. Granted, there's a lot of guesswork involved in some areas, but I dunno I just really want to play as an African Romance kingdom.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Is there any particular reason to use Tanistry over Elective?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tanistry puts a pretty big restriction on just who can get elected.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

When you get to the point of having every count and duke be your dynasty, Tanistry makes sure you always have your top title. It's very hard to keep one branch of the family in power with it, but if you swap between two branches, you will always get your guy elected.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Does changing message settings within a save apply to all your other saves too? My Kingdom of Jerusalem has gotten so big that I'm being bombarded with notifications, but I don't really want to have to change everything back and forth between saves.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

SeaTard posted:

When you get to the point of having every count and duke be your dynasty, Tanistry makes sure you always have your top title. It's very hard to keep one branch of the family in power with it, but if you swap between two branches, you will always get your guy elected.

Sounds mostly like a downgrade then, since with Elective you can control the vote.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Sounds mostly like a downgrade then, since with Elective you can control the vote.

As long as every single duchy and kingdom holder is of your dynasty.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
With elective you can theoretically lose the election. Tanistry makes sure it always stays with the dynasty.

The tanists tend to have a preference for voting for older members of your dynasty though, which can be a bit annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

MrBling posted:

With elective you can theoretically lose the election. Tanistry makes sure it always stays with the dynasty.

It's a bit non-obvious, but this makes Tanistry the CKII equivalent of no-fail mode. As long as you have another dynasty member and Tanistry, you can't gameover.

• Locked thread