Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ESB is not even a Star Wars film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

PriorMarcus posted:

You mean the tidbit that they responded to backlash by gender swapping the villain?

I haven't followed Star Wars news that closely until fairly recently, so I don't anything about that. :shobon:

But Brienne of Tarth as a lightsaber-wielding Imperial officer/Sith hunting down a deserter? Hell yeah, I can get behind that.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

euphronius posted:

It's the prequel to Six Days Seven Nights

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

euphronius posted:

No Death Stars = No True Star Wars film.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

No Death Stars = No True Star Wars film.

Not with that tight storyline and great acting, no.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Speculated spoiler impressions: The hand thing sounds awesome, the theme of the bodily connection to the force and all from previous films with limbs flying off and people melting. Also, the new trilogy starts as a repetition of episode 4 (and 1): Very interesting....

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Party Boat posted:

No, I think the point is that C3PO is a race traitor who will happily humanise his fellow AIs to ingratiate himself with his master.

Fixed that for you.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Spatula City posted:

It's pretty clear why Empire is the best Star Wars film. Two words: Lando Calrissian. :allears:

Lando System?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

api call girl posted:

Fixed that for you.

Good point, apologies for my organonormative phrasing

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Spatula City posted:

It's pretty clear why Empire is the best Star Wars film. Two words: Lando Calrissian. :allears:

Speaking of, why is Billy Dee not being brought in for Episode VII?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

redshirt posted:

The Forest Moon of Endor.

Moon of what? And why is the Emperor always referring to it as such.

According to Wookieepedia, the real Endor is a giant gas planet, orbited by a small forest moon also called Endor, but most people know the forest moon better, since it can sustain life. :psyduck:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

feedmyleg posted:

More rumors from Badass Digest. Has potential spoilers:

He goes on to say that this is likely a gender-bent version of the role that Hugo Weaving and Benedict Cumberbatch were up for.

If a set pic of her wearing a red wig appears, greatest movie ever.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sprecherscrow posted:

Speaking of, why is Billy Dee not being brought in for Episode VII?

There are two other movies still. I have a feeling we'll see him.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

If a set pic of her wearing a red wig appears, greatest movie ever.

The name of the movie is Star Wars VII: The Emperor's Hand.

It all fits.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 23, 2014

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

kiimo posted:

There are two other movies still. I have a feeling we'll see him.

The name of the movie is Star Wars VII: The Emperor's Hand.

It all fits.

Billy Dee is super old and in pretty bad shape mobility-wise. I don't think he has it in him to act outside of something like the Spock cameo in STITD.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Billy Dee is super old and in pretty bad shape mobility-wise. I don't think he has it in him to act outside of something like the Spock cameo in STITD.

He can appear in VII on a screen to say 'sup' to Han and Chewie on the way to Bingo or something. Last-minute cameo inclusions are certainly possible.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

He was able to do a few weeks of Dancing with the Stars earlier this year, and I doubt any appearance he would make in a Star Wars film would be nearly as physically intensive as that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe he just isnt in the script, dudes.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

euphronius posted:

Maybe he just isnt in the script, dudes.

I really just want this to be a Gamesmaster Anthony birthday party of a film. Every character major or minor from films past shows their face.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

He's supposed to be doing voice work for Rebels, for what it's worth.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Mobility issues can be solved by having him use a wheelchair. Hell a hover wheelchair or something.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sprecherscrow posted:

Mobility issues can be solved by having him use a wheelchair. Hell a hover wheelchair or something.

Robot Hover Wheelchair.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whatever happens, Lando must still be hitting on 20 year olds.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf

PerrineClostermann posted:

Robot Hover Wheelchair.

Lobot Hover Wheelchair.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
Don't forget that BD Williams did Lando's voice in the Lego Movie too. And it would be a real shame if his son Corey wasn't involved in some way, he was after all like 50% of the aliens in the whole Jabba sequence in RoTJ.

According to Wikipedia, "It is yet unknown why Billy Dee Williams was not included in the cast list announcement. Fans made their displeasure known on social networks immediately."

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Timby posted:

He was able to do a few weeks of Dancing with the Stars earlier this year, and I doubt any appearance he would make in a Star Wars film would be nearly as physically intensive as that.

Did you see him dancing? He's just standing there while a girl gyrates on him It's exactly what I mean, he's hardly moving at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKN-mBuLkTE

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Did you see him dancing? He's just standing there while a girl gyrates on him It's exactly what I mean, he's hardly moving at all.

But that's because Billy Dee doesn't have to do anything to look smooth.

Come on, dude.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sprecherscrow posted:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I've never seen this show before, is it all that tacky? From the star wars theme with a disco breakbeat to the storm troopers I can't believe anyone could watch this and be pleasantly entertained.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

echronorian posted:

I've never seen this show before, is it all that tacky? From the star wars theme with a disco breakbeat to the storm troopers I can't believe anyone could watch this and be pleasantly entertained.

Welcome to American prime time television, where Two and a Half Men is a decade-long hit.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
This is Infamous - who aren't all that bad with scoops - claim that the Badass Digest stuff is mostly correct, except that Disney are nixing the hand image and want to just pan to a lightsabre floating through space.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
You know what would be awesome?

If JJ just had actors walking through the background of his little update videos dressed as famous EU characters, for the sole purpose of loving with people. Imagine how the internet would explode if Benedict Cumberbatch walked by wearing a white uniform and blue facepaint, just for it to never have any impact in the film.

C'mon JJ, troll us a little. :smug:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

echronorian posted:

From the star wars theme with a disco breakbeat to the storm troopers.

This is as old as Star Wars itself.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

echronorian posted:

Yes, American TV is mostly like that. I'm sorry.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Red posted:

But that's because Billy Dee doesn't have to do anything to look smooth.

You're god damned right

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Alternatively, they merge Star Wars with Logan's Run and it becomes a movie in which all the old actors we know and love try to escape being killed by the many onset hazards. We already lost one. I'd love to see Carrie Fisher and Luke run a gauntlet.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

echronorian posted:

That is an old rear end song man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWRWYYt47RI

So don't worry, they were probably butchering your childhood long before you were born.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Ensign_Ricky posted:

You know what would be awesome?

If JJ just had actors walking through the background of his little update videos dressed as famous EU characters, for the sole purpose of loving with people. Imagine how the internet would explode if Benedict Cumberbatch walked by wearing a white uniform and blue facepaint, just for it to never have any impact in the film.

C'mon JJ, troll us a little. :smug:

Yes, that would not backfire at all.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Vintersorg posted:

That is an old rear end song man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWRWYYt47RI

So don't worry, they were probably butchering your childhood long before you were born.

My grandpa still has that original album somewhere in his closet of old albums.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Since Ford is out for a bit, put Billy D in his clothes and use him instead. Like at the end of Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Having Lando would be great but come on, give the people what they want: More Willrow Hood!

• Locked thread