Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Reminder the libertadores semis start in an hour. Defensor/Nacional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
The break wasn't kind to Defensor.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Lmao that Bridgestone commercial

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Polidoro posted:

The break wasn't kind to Defensor.

Seems like it's been a pretty even game to me. That goal was great.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

that was a tasty finish right there

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Chris de Sperg posted:

that was a tasty finish right there

t'was

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
gol 2 paraguayan boogaloo

Seriously, that ball went riiight through that crowd of players and still managed to get in the goal. That's some satisfying footy right there.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
That's been coming for a while now

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hell of a volley.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

A Good Goal

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Rip bald guy

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

This was the worst game I have ever seen. Defensor looked like they came straight from their holidays to the game, which knowing the players union they probably did.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I remember when the Argentinian press hyped Boghossian like he was the next great thing and ended being a lazier version of Abreu.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
He was literally good for half a season, and then he moved to Austria and he was poo poo.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

hecko posted:

I remember when the Argentinian press hyped Boghossian like he was the next great thing and ended being a lazier version of Abreu.

I remember Armenians running a campaign to get him to play for their national team. They can have him imo.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

brutal

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Look at this guy watching the Libertadores with english commentary

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Look at this guy watching the Libertadores with english commentary

I bet there isn't even any reverb on his gooooooooools

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Badger of Basra posted:

I bet there isn't even any reverb on his gooooooooools

The first 2-3 streams I tried all buffered too much to follow the game, so I ended up stumbling on that one. When the first goal happened he was like "A great finish!" and then said nothing for like 5 seconds. I turned that poo poo off so fast.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Volkerball, don't you live in CO? It'll be easy to find a place showing the game live on Fox Desportes. I'll definitely be doing that for the second leg of the final on the 13th.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
HAHAHA, Flamengo fired Ney Franco to hire... Luxemburgo.

It will be interesting to see how far of its way CBF and Globo will go to prevent Flamengo's relegation.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Vinestalk posted:

Volkerball, don't you live in CO? It'll be easy to find a place showing the game live on Fox Desportes. I'll definitely be doing that for the second leg of the final on the 13th.

I'm up for that. Sent you a pm.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
There were unfounded rumors today that Boca Jrs will bring Ronaldinho to replace Riquelme.
:getin:

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

joepinetree posted:

It will be interesting to see how far of its way CBF and Globo will go to prevent Flamengo's relegation.

Looking forward to hearing a huge crowd singing "Ey, ey, ey, fora Vanderlei!" again.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

joepinetree posted:

how can they? Brazil doesn't have the bullshit averages system like Argentina (which still didn't prevent River from getting relegated by my team :getin:)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

how can they? Brazil doesn't have the bullshit averages system like Argentina (which still didn't prevent River from getting relegated by my team :getin:)

No, but they do have crazy legal challenges to being relegated, which result in weird tournaments like this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Jo%E3o_Havelange

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Troy Queef posted:

No, but they do have crazy legal challenges to being relegated, which result in weird tournaments like this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Jo%E3o_Havelange

The good ol' Fluminense maneuver.

But Flamengo has a historic of being shite for the first leg of the championship and then magically finding cash for new players, paying off the five months of owed players' wages that are making mediocre footballers even worse and getting some clutch referee calls in their favor.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

Fluminense has been relegated on the field 4 times, including once to the third division. They only played in the second division once, were relegated to the third division, then went straight to the first.

In 2012, flamengo was fighting relegation, had just fired its headcoach, and were about to play atletico, which was on a long winning streak. CBF decided to postpone the match due to stadium security issues, so flamengo got a two week break. The stadium with security issues was used that same weekend by botafogo.

CBF and globo will not let flamengo get relegated.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
they have the power of cristo

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lol Bolivar is so hosed

edit: hahahahaha 4-0

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 24, 2014

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Only just managed to get a chance to start watching the match, and wow :stare: Maybe I should start going back to Church, this God thing might just be real.

e: welp, make that 5-0 San Lorenzo. Argentina es el mejor país del mundo, che!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i'm dying

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What is that, 4 goals on set pieces?

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
:siren:Pope spotted:siren:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Sure hope this is the wake up call for FIFA to implement Spiritual Fair Play, can't have teams benefit from Papal influence!

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Atletico mineiro - lanus are 2-2 at the end of the first half.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Tied at 3, Atletico leads 4-3 on aggregate. Last half of extra time is about to start.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
those last 2 goals were really jammy

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo ahahahaha

Adbot