Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I'd be down for Waid, Aaron or Gillen on Avengers. I assume Fraction is done with Marvel after Hawkeye cause he's got no other books on the horizon that we know of now that Soule took over Inhuman.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
What do you think are the chances they try to do West Coast Avengers again? With Iron Man being there I wouldn't be surprised.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Probably slim if the reason that Tony is on the West Coast is because he's pissed off all the other heroes.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Spencer and Hopeless will follow up on Avengers. You all know it is going to happen.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm interested in Avengers now but this current Hickman team has been amazing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gatts posted:

I'm interested in Avengers now but this current Hickman team has been amazing.

I don't think Avengers Now is actually a team is it?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Deadpool posted:

Maybe I didn't read enough material but it says about adding Scarlet Witch and Medusa and Angela as example. I like the team, more women, but hope it'll somehow grow out of Hickman's model. He had some awesome characters.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.

Deadpool posted:

There's a picture floating around with Angela, the new big three, a fire inhuman dude, Scarlet Witch and people I'm forgetting. It does look like the titular team.

Edit: as for my earlier worries about this having an impact on Hickman's stuff, a previously solicited cover for Avengers did feature Falcon Cap and the god previously known as Thor. So Hickman will apparently take that into account.

The timeline between Remender's Cap, Hickman's titles and Original Sin will be fun to work out. I guess Steve will turn old in Avengers after the current time travel shenanigans.

PelvicNerve fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 17, 2014

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Senor Candle posted:

What do you think are the chances they try to do West Coast Avengers again? With Iron Man being there I wouldn't be surprised.

What would be the point? Most of the core avengers can get around the world in minutes, and it's not like Stark cares about eradicating drug cartels.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Sithsaber posted:

What would be the point? Most of the core avengers can get around the world in minutes, and it's not like Stark cares about eradicating drug cartels.

I'm just commenting on the fact that there have been quite a few characters changing coasts.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Senor Candle posted:

I'm just commenting on the fact that there have been quite a few characters changing coasts.

Probably because of too much superhero congestion in NYC. Making the same mistake in LA would be a terrible idea.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Sithsaber posted:

Probably because of too much superhero congestion in NYC. Making the same mistake in LA would be a terrible idea.

But then again, moving only a handful out there with no interaction probably leads books to an early death. Like Bendis' Moon Knight.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
The solution is to have cyclical miniseries based around c-listers

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
I'd read a book about C-list Avengers based in San Francisco, their presence would drive up prices in the area and they would end up having their Avengers bus blocked by protestors so they'd miss missions and stuff.

Then again, that sounds more like Superior Foes. I guess I'd just like a lovely Avengers book, like Nextwave.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
You know what we need? Avengers public relations, starring ghost kid Loki and Dazzler.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Sithsaber posted:

You know what we need? Avengers public relations, starring ghost kid Loki and Dazzler.

Dazzler is going goth.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
just take disco dazzler from deadpool

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

That image is not the new Avengers Now! Team. It's an image showing what characters will be important in that period.

Marvel released a similar image for The Heroic age that everyone thought was the new team at first but had characters like Thing and Gorilla Man that ended up not being in Avengers.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dacap posted:

That image is not the new Avengers Now! Team. It's an image showing what characters will be important in that period.

Marvel released a similar image for The Heroic age that everyone thought was the new team at first but had characters like Thing and Gorilla Man that ended up not being in Avengers.

Ah yes, Gorilla Man, who was so important.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dacap posted:

Thing did join New Avengers, but that title was so blah everyone forgot. I miss Agents of Atlas.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Thing did join New Avengers, but that title was so blah everyone forgot. I miss Agents of Atlas.

Yeah but that was like 2 years later

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dacap posted:

Yeah but that was like 2 years later

He joined in New Avengers 1

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

PelvicNerve posted:

The timeline between Remender's Cap, Hickman's titles and Original Sin will be fun to work out. I guess Steve will turn old in Avengers after the current time travel shenanigans.
The new status quo for the various characters will be reflected in "Time Runs Out", according to Brevoort's Tumblr/Formspring today.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Make me a Gulf Coast Avengers.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

Make me a Gulf Coast Avengers.

This, but there also has to be a Midwest Avengers that they cross over with in the winter, when the snowbirds of the Midwest team go running to warmer climes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is the Initiative still about?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

A Tin Of Beans posted:

This, but there also has to be a Midwest Avengers that they cross over with in the winter, when the snowbirds of the Midwest team go running to warmer climes.

I'm all about more Great Lakes Avengers.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Metal Loaf posted:

Is the Initiative still about?

Not since the SHRA was thrown out. I think some of the Initiative kids decided to keep doing the hero schtick but most quit and/or faded into character obscurity. The former Camp Hammond is currently being used as a SHIELD base run by, ironically, Jim Hammond.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

The 100th Anniversary Avengers was good, and extremely pretty. Not that the latter was much in question.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
Whoa, I just realized we're getting 5 Avengers titles next week. This is mad. That almost makes up for no Original Sin for another 3 weeks.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

Cabbit posted:

The 100th Anniversary Avengers was good, and extremely pretty. Not that the latter was much in question.

So pretty. I haven't picked up any of the other 100th Anniversary issues, but when I saw Stokoe was on art/writing, I had to have it. It is kind of a painful tease at what would be one crazy Avengers run. The 'next issue' blurb for a comic I want immediately, but isn't coming, is kind of mean.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Madrox posted:

So pretty. I haven't picked up any of the other 100th Anniversary issues, but when I saw Stokoe was on art/writing, I had to have it. It is kind of a painful tease at what would be one crazy Avengers run. The 'next issue' blurb for a comic I want immediately, but isn't coming, is kind of mean.

Seriously. They should just make this into an ongoing, right from this starting point. Have everything be in media res, and keep dropping references to stuff that don't exist. It's playing my imagination like a piano.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I love the idea of the entire continent of America just getting sucked into the Negative Zone and Steve just taking off in a space suit to FIND AMERICA.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Cabbit posted:

Seriously. They should just make this into an ongoing, right from this starting point. Have everything be in media res, and keep dropping references to stuff that don't exist. It's playing my imagination like a piano.

Didn't you read the opening page. Stokoe died so we can't get any more issues :(

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mighty Avengers is going away as previously rumored. But it's being replaced by Captain America and The Mighty Avengers by Al Ewing and Luke Ross. No more Land!!!

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
That's great news, I haven't touched Mighty at all because Land's art is such a huge turn off for me.
How is Ewing? I can't remember ever reading a book he wrote.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

PelvicNerve posted:

That's great news, I haven't touched Mighty at all because Land's art is such a huge turn off for me.
How is Ewing? I can't remember ever reading a book he wrote.

Mighty Avengers is excellent. You should power through it even though it's Land.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This is the best news.

Edit: I googled Luke Ross because I didn't recognize the name, apparently it's being illustrated by some 14 year old Disney star (I kid, but I was very confused by the first pictures that popped up in google).

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 25, 2014

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Uh.. is that Miles in there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Any idea who the blonde female character immediately to Falcap's left is?

• Locked thread