Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

So....

Which one of you is this guy?

prolly that nasty spider kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

prolly that nasty spider kid

i haven't done anything meriting a tattoo that has anything to do with the military. I think TRADOC 198th 2nd Battalion 54th IR "Mailed Foot Brave and Bold" scrawled across my back is too much too soon.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Actually kinda like that. I'd never get it, but I can appreciate it from all the way over here.

no homo

okay probably homo

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Idk about you but if we had an acog it sure as poo poo wasn't on a battlefield cross.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Cole posted:

Idk about you but if we had an acog it sure as poo poo wasn't on a battlefield cross.
It's because there isn't a honeycomb on it, dumbass. DUH

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
"The end of war" would wind up being the most hooah of all tramp stamps, wouldn't it. Thanks Plato, you gently caress.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Couple thousand years of civilization later- and we killed how many wagon burners and carted in silver backs to clothe everyone, and we wind up with that tattoo someday being all that stands between me, my chosen golden corral buffet, and a soviet/sino/nazi work camp outside of New-un-Detroit.

From now on I'm gonna live on a diet solely of frozen pancakes and order / use any and all fitness equipment / supplements endorsed by a U.S. Navy Seal, I'm preparing for the quickening- because the guy who had the Sistine chapel of motto cuck splooged in ink on his back there isn't gonna keep charlie and his railroad building cousins from putting a boot to me and mines neck.

This must be what Sagan felt like when he saw the pale blue dot.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Obama Africanus posted:

and we killed how many wagon burners

not enough of them thats for sure

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

krispykremessuck posted:

not enough of them thats for sure

When my father cochise killed many a white man many a moons ago, he had an ancient proverb from the great Sun Tzu

"Shame on a nigga who try to run game on a nigga"

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

where the hell do you guys live where you are making such bank in BAH, Manhattan/DC?

I feel like a chump only getting ~$1,013 dollars a month :smith:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
California

~BAH Central~

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I was getting like 1700 a month for 60% BAH.

~Connecticut~

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I was getting like 1700 a month for 60% BAH.

~Connecticut~

$642

lol

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Justin Tyme posted:

where the hell do you guys live where you are making such bank in BAH, Manhattan/DC?

The godless Liberal North.

lmao wherever you live sucks.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

gleep gloop posted:

The godless Liberal North.

60%

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Justin Tyme posted:

Eastern NC, home of Cherry Point and Camp Lejune. A hell hole, really. They don't pay me enough to deal with ex-marines (I loving love calling them that. They get so upset.) $1263.00

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Get wrecked, 2250 OHA(I don't get any of that), another 2000 in BAS/COLA, 1000 bucks a month for utilities and a bonus 1000 every year for misc maintenance fees.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

man i was getting 60% too and I was almost 3 times what you got

gleep gloop posted:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
saint louis is a fine city

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

6 more months until OC beach bum status.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Why you idiots getting 60%?

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

I have heard I can claim ringing in my ears for more $$$$$$$$$$ after I get out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gleep gloop posted:

Why you idiots getting 60%?

National Guard/Reservist deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan. It's all done by months deployed, so most everyone who did 1 deployment got 60%.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

My BAH is $2200/mo in Arlington, VA.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

National Guard/Reservist deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan. It's all done by months deployed, so most everyone who did 1 deployment got 60%.

Owned scrubs.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Someone should create a tool for veterans that parses BAH payments by most-least per area and what areas have public universities, there could be some technical college in Hawaii that is in some place that gets like 4k for BAH for all we know

milk it for what it's worth

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Neo Duckberg posted:

saint louis is a fine city

Hahahahahahaha

It's not terrible, but I make it work.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

Boston

If it makes you feel better my rent is also $2,800+

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Hahahaha hahahha

Dude is army as gently caress

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Obama Africanus posted:

Hahahahahahaha

It's not terrible, but I make it work.

I hope you smoke weed everyday shim

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

Someone should create a tool for veterans that parses BAH payments by most-least per area and what areas have public universities, there could be some technical college in Hawaii that is in some place that gets like 4k for BAH for all we know

milk it for what it's worth

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm

example:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Justin Tyme posted:

Someone should create a tool for veterans that parses BAH payments by most-least per area and what areas have public universities.

We don't want to work. Also, all we care about is E-5 w/ dependents. That's what the GI Bill pays out, regardless of rank.

EDIT:Here's a browsable version, in PDF form!
http://images.military.com/media/benefits/pdf/2014-with-dependents-bah-rates.pdf

Carteret fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 24, 2014

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Anansi The Spider posted:

I have heard I can claim ringing in my ears for more $$$$$$$$$$ after I get out.

You were issued ear pro in basic training, so you don't get poo poo.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Nimmy posted:

gently caress

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nimmy posted:

Speaking of which: was it just my company, or is it common practice to only issue trainees a single pair of ballistic earplugs for 9+ weeks of low crawling through sand and mud? I washed mine every chance I got but was still fighting ear infections for the duration.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

at the date posted:

Speaking of which: was it just my company, or is it common practice to only issue trainees a single pair of ballistic earplugs for 9+ weeks of low crawling through sand and mud? I washed mine every chance I got but was still fighting ear infections for the duration.

You get 1 pair for the entirety of training. Any training we got 1 for 14 weeks. Makes your ears hearty

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Uh the combat arms earplugs (the ones you get fitted for in basic) are meant to be reusable. They're pretty good for non-electronic earpro.

Do yourself a favor and get a pair of these electronic muffs: http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-R-01526-Electronic-Earmuff/dp/B001T7QJ9O as they loving own and will fit under an ACH.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

DoktorLoken posted:

Uh the combat arms earplugs are meant to be reusable. They pretty good for non-electronic earpro.

Do yourself a favor and get a pair of these electronic muffs: http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-R-01526-Electronic-Earmuff/dp/B001T7QJ9O as they loving own and will fit under an ACH.
Seconding this earpro recommendation, they are tits.

• Locked thread