Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

The answer is always the FBI. gently caress those guys.

Pretty much this. FBI is nothing but a constant mix of :lol: and :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

JayKay posted:

Pretty much this. FBI is nothing but a constant mix of :lol: and :aaa:

The Secret Service and Postal Inspectors I've worked with before were always completely legit. So were the NOAA and FWS agents. The FBI guys though have always been omg look at my suit.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Untagged posted:

Our OT board is a first come first serve take it as it's posted website. A large posting for a certain daily assignment next month was supposed to be put up probably sometime last week, but was delayed because the new "approving supervisor" wanted to "review it" before it went up. What that actually meant was he wanted the lady in charge of the board to wait until he got back from vacation, said "ok go", and immediately took several of the spots as they were posted for himself. The guy wonders why nobody likes him.

rank.txt

FBI is terrible. We held a large scale active shooter training last year and invited their local swat team to participate. They refused to work with any of the other 4 teams involved and basically tried to take over the whole show. It was right out of a cheesy cop movie with the suits showing up all "lol my jurisdiction"

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

beanieson posted:

They refused to work with any of the other 4 teams involved and basically tried to take over the whole show. It was right out of a cheesy cop movie with the suits showing up all "lol my jurisdiction"

Train like you fight.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

beanieson posted:

rank.txt

FBI is terrible. We held a large scale active shooter training last year and invited their local swat team to participate. They refused to work with any of the other 4 teams involved and basically tried to take over the whole show. It was right out of a cheesy cop movie with the suits showing up all "lol my jurisdiction"

I never get why people are bothered by this, someone has turned up and will take on all the hassle and responsibility and deal with something. That makes me think they'll be footing the overtime claims too so I'd let them take charge and sit back.

Maybe I'm just lazy mind you.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Because typically the FBI has no local knowledge whatsoever and just assumes ~their way~ is the best way to handle something. They're extremely arrogant and condescending to any non-FBI personnel and frankly they couldn't investigate their way out of a paper bag with a map. Read up on the "big" FBI cases and they're all because the suspect hosed up and did something dumb or a friend flipped.

That said, their HRT teams are the business.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Whip Slagcheek posted:

And also quite up their own asses.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Can you still become an FBI agent with an accounting degree, as opposed to something more, I dunno, policing-oriented? (I recall reading about that years back - something ridiculous like 1/3rd or more agents were Special Agent CPA.)

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
I think they prefer accounting, finance, jd law degrees, etc. over anything policing or criminal justice related most of the time.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Because typically the FBI has no local knowledge whatsoever and just assumes ~their way~ is the best way to handle something. They're extremely arrogant and condescending to any non-FBI personnel and frankly they couldn't investigate their way out of a paper bag with a map. Read up on the "big" FBI cases and they're all because the suspect hosed up and did something dumb or a friend flipped.

Is it like that in DC? Isn't DC their local jurisdiction though because of the offices and everything is federally related in one way or another?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
It seems that every federal agency here has its own police force on top of MPD and whoever polices MoCo and PG County and NoVA.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
e: okay I misunderstood what Reign of Pain was asking, sorry

Mortabis fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 19, 2014

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Reign Of Pain posted:

Is it like that in DC? Isn't DC their local jurisdiction though because of the offices and everything is federally related in one way or another?

Just because they work here doesn't mean they know anything about the area.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Just because they work here doesn't mean they know anything about the area.

I wonder if they'll be the ones that eventually arrest the Lernergoat

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Looooooooooooooooooool

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Untagged posted:

The Secret Service and Postal Inspectors I've worked with before were always completely legit. So were the NOAA and FWS agents. [/i].

What are NOAA dudes doing that isnt OIG related stuff?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Homie S posted:

What are NOAA dudes doing that isnt OIG related stuff?

They work for NOAA's Office of Law Enforcement. Think of them essentially as the USA's ocean, deep water, and fisheries conservation police. They also work inland too investigating violations of several federal wildlife and fisheries acts. In the mid-Atlantic they do a lot of Lacey Act and Fisheries Conservation Act investigations and violations.

Its actually a bit different because NOAA has two sets of LEOs. Some are "special agents" and some regular "officers". Think of the officers like federal uniformed conservation police and the special agents are your typical criminal investigative service, technically. Funny thing is they are so short on officers and agents that in one case you might have an "enforcement officer" doing a full on investigation and in another case a "special agent" riding in a patrol boat. That's the reason NOAA tries to get most state level conservation agencies on the ocean to have their officers cross deputized with NOAA enforcement powers.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Untagged posted:

They work for NOAA's Office of Law Enforcement. Think of them essentially as the USA's ocean, deep water, and fisheries conservation police. They also work inland too investigating violations of several federal wildlife and fisheries acts. In the mid-Atlantic they do a lot of Lacey Act and Fisheries Conservation Act investigations and violations.

Its actually a bit different because NOAA has two sets of LEOs. Some are "special agents" and some regular "officers". Think of the officers like federal uniformed conservation police and the special agents are your typical criminal investigative service, technically. Funny thing is they are so short on officers and agents that in one case you might have an "enforcement officer" doing a full on investigation and in another case a "special agent" riding in a patrol boat. That's the reason NOAA tries to get most state level conservation agencies on the ocean to have their officers cross deputized with NOAA enforcement powers.

That's seriously interesting stuff. I had no idea that NOAA had its own LE agency. I wonder what the average educational/prior career background is for their officers; I'd imagine it must be fairly esoteric.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

suboptimal posted:

That's seriously interesting stuff. I had no idea that NOAA had its own LE agency. I wonder what the average educational/prior career background is for their officers; I'd imagine it must be fairly esoteric.

coast guard people with fisheries experience, since noaa le guys get a serious case of being-a-pussy if they have to actually go on an at-sea boarding

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

suboptimal posted:

NIH has its own police too.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

drgitlin posted:

NIH has its own police too.

Except they stay on the compound. Just like most alphabet soup agencies. NOAA also has a little known uniformed service branch not many people know about as welll.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Untagged posted:

huh, never knew about the OLE portion. I just saw something across my email about a NOAA OLE guy looking for leave donations cause he has cancer.

http://www.donationto.com/Pat-Flynn-Battles-Cancer

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Season 2 of fargo is going to take place in and around my hometown, hopefully they lose the horrible accents.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Somebody needs to sign up to be an extra, Deputy Branis.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

GunForumMeme posted:

Somebody needs to sign up to be an extra, Deputy Branis.

lol they'll film in Canada cause you can't even pay celebrities to spend time in the Midwest.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

beanieson posted:

lol they'll film in Canada cause you can't even pay celebrities to spend time in the Midwest.

It ain't much better up here.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I already have the side burns and lovely haircut to fit into a 1979 true crime thiller for sure.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Oh look another mod shakeup for GIP. Why can't we have nice things. You heathens.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Is there a new mod or is Whip ruling w/o checks and balances?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
As whip's union steward I've instructed him not to answer that question until his grievance and arbitration have been completed for this unilateral and illegal action by management

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
From chaos comes order

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
GiP without mods is just like FYAD except everybody has PTSD and real atrocities have been committed by the posters.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I'm sure fyad has commited an atrocity or two.

Beanieacres has insulation & were putting in drywall tomorrow :derp:

Brick came out pretty nice lookin imo, we drove all over town taking pictures of different bricked homes before making the selection. Next decision is the stucco color for the front porch & soffit/fascia.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Am I seeing a Grover-esque variety of window sizes?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Looking at beanies new pad made me wonder how often y'all come across someone growing weed in their closet?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Am I seeing a Grover-esque variety of window sizes?

Floor length in the den, bedrooms don't go down that far. Walking through the interior it makes sense but does it look weird from outside?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

beanieson posted:

Floor length in the den, bedrooms don't go down that far. Walking through the interior it makes sense but does it look weird from outside?

Hard to tell from that angle, but you should have a bench and potted plant or other knicknacks on that pad once you're done, that'll break up any funny-looking horizontal lines anyway

E: wait, is that the front of house or the back, also, I don't see any provisions for outside light fixtures or outlets

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Snowdens Secret posted:

Hard to tell from that angle, but you should have a bench and potted plant or other knicknacks on that pad once you're done, that'll break up any funny-looking horizontal lines anyway

E: wait, is that the front of house or the back, also, I don't see any provisions for outside light fixtures or outlets

That's the back porch, it'll have a park style bench in front of those windows most likely. There aren't any ground level outlets in that corner but if you look closely there's AC & cable in the corner above the windows for an outdoor tv. There will be two ceiling fans/lights to the right.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
whose decision were the uh ... creative eaves there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Eh, we wanted higher ceilings on the porch :shrug:

• Locked thread