Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Box of Trial posted:

i know a mechanical engineer who is highly regarded professionally yet thinks america needs to abolish the income tax and replace the lost revenue with import tariffs

as an engineer i can safely say that almost all engineers are functionally retarded at anything that isn't math

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im an engineer consitutional originalist who beleives in tough love and simple solutions, and i vote

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
In a feudalistic society Justine Tunney would be sent to be re-educated at the killing fields for her complete lack of agricultural ability by a khymer rouge style organisation.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
Dark enlightenment sounds like some lovely metal band or something

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

are the dark enlightenment folk the people who sincerely think the Imperium of Man of 40k is a society to be emulated?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Glasgow Kiss posted:

Dark enlightenment sounds like some lovely metal band or something

it's my favorite nightwish album

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

paranoid randroid posted:

im an engineer consitutional originalist who beleives in tough love and simple solutions, and i vote

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

Gorman Thomas posted:

as an engineer i can safely say that almost all engineers are functionally retarded at anything that isn't math

Most aren't that good at math, even.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

The Droid posted:

are the dark enlightenment folk the people who sincerely think the Imperium of Man of 40k is a society to be emulated?

no, most of them have just taken reddit's popular positions to their logical extremes

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I lament the whole of the internet and what it has wrought and the works it is to do.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tane?

My fiancee can trace hers back to Charlemagne, so when I marry her this lady becomes my vassal.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 24, 2014

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

not surprisingly people who were bullied and mocked in school naturally have a craving power/chance for revenge against inferior people.

Yeah, bullying is basically like indiscriminate use of antibiotics.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

There's no point in enslaving Justine since she would die after a single day of working in the salt mine.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
But then they would be dead.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
1. A movement of debtors and unemployed lacked the means to cure my cancer.
2. Capitalist accumulator Larry Page had the means and provided it to me.
3. Therefore capitalist accumulation is a positive good.
4. Therefore Page should accumulate the total wealth of the USA and use it to help those dispossessed by accumulation.

-- A Justine Tunney Argument

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

messa owe big life debt to missa page, he save Tunn-Tunn's life!

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.
I wonder what kind of drug cocktail one has to be on to come up with this poo poo.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

InterceptorV8 posted:

I wonder what kind of drug cocktail one has to be on to come up with this poo poo.

given the kind of people who come up with this poo poo, I am assuming there is a lot of adderall abuse at the very least

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Who would brag about being related to a guy named Alfred anyway

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I goddamn love adderall to where i used to use it recreationally. More than just sleepless nights but straight up tweaking sessions where time is going slow and i would have been committed if i wandered out in public, and i only ever drew trees, and not retard manifestos pining for a return to feudalism.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

The Droid posted:

given the kind of people who come up with this poo poo, I am assuming there is a lot of adderall abuse at the very least

On everything except oxygen.

Well maybe they will get around to explaining how the color 4 tastes soon enough.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Who would brag about being related to a guy named Alfred anyway
he was a pretty awesome guy though, the only English king for 300 years in either direction who read books

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
please rename me to capitalist accumulation

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

gently caress the ROW posted:

please rename me to capitalist accumulation

I was thinking Transhumanist Monarchist, Matriarchal Reich, or Thousand Year Liberal Reich would be your choices

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I'm thankful this person chose to sterilize themselves.

Pick posted:

it's my favorite nightwish album

That's Dark Passion Play.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jul 24, 2014

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If you think about it Slavery was actually better for white people

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Justine Tunney is bad at speaking figuratively. "If you threw me under a passing large vehicle, such as a bus, in a sudden attempt to screw me over, I would blow it up, killing the innocent and probably oblivious driver and passengers."

Also the intent of her statement comes across as pretty juvenile.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Let them get rid of the communists, later we'll be able to control them.

e: changed that back to "communists" b/c she is on record literally saying that the US is a communist country

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jul 24, 2014

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Fandyien posted:

If we take a closer look at the term "progressivism" we will see the core of our problem. Progress implies movement. It means change. Changing one's goal to something else. When that change is paired with political power, the thing that can actually do it, you will kinda get it.

Since progressivism is a kind of a meme virus which defines itself through its ability to designate a specific socio-cultural/legal norm as "the enemy" and through its ability to destroy them, the existence of progressive ideologies is paradoxical. They feed on the things they kill. When they feed enough, they starve and die. Thus the progressive meme virus must either die or change the goal - effectively mutate, in order to survive. Since "progress" can only go by destroying socio-cultural/legal "norms", and the very same socio-cultural/legal "norms" are the building blocks of civilization, "progress" occurs contrary to the divine principles of discrimination by either diminishing the results of reflective potential of discrimination codified in first legal, then socio-cultural ideas, and then by the resource from where they were made possible - manifesting either as stereotypes or more extremely biological reality. Thus, you can asses how much progressive meme virus is powerful by looking at what kind of discrimination is going after - if it's going against legal discrimination (i.e. blacks can't vote) then it's probably very weak. If it's going against something more intangible (i.e. the feminist "Patriarchy" as concept as stupid as its proponents) then it's probably mutated to its extreme. If we tie in a moralistic sentiment here about somethings that cannot be altered, going by the classical liberal ideas of right to liberty (freedom of association,free speech,free thought...), life, pursuit of happiness - you can use any moral system you like, you can asses the moral value of a progressive virus. If it's attacking one of your core moral values, then it's probably immoral. For example, affirmative action and quotas. If it's a side moral value that serves no purpose in your building blocks of morality, then it's probably not. Example, slavery. (Moldbug defends that the slaves had it better not because slavery was innately good, but because the slave masters were very kind, something that is not intrinsically found in slavery.)

Here on DE we can easily infer that not every progressive meme virus in every incarnation is just. But what we often forget about, or shy away from because progressive machine wrapped it up in poo poo, is that not every incarnation of every socio-cultural norm is just. Some "progress" is good, some is bad. Some "reaction" is good, some is bad. Depends on the circumstances. That's important. Leftist Singularity does not exist, the chaos will wreak havoc on your society before it's achieved. Rightist Singularity, while stable, is a story for another time. What is important to notice is that "progress" is linear, and the amount of it can be assessed from the current incarnation of the particular meme virus (i.e. feminism) or the political ideas as a whole.
Since we established that progress is linear, and some of it is better in certain quantities, it makes sense to build a civilization with retaining some parts of progressivism. Consider the following : *"Progress" first was from Aristocracy to the Right, Nationalism to the Left. Power to the French people, not to the French king. Effectively speaking, nationalism was the first progressivism. Ethno-nationalist trads and other mouthful words are just thinly veiled nationalists who use the current ideas of HBD and anti-progressivism to go back to the time when it dominated. * Now, not only is Nationalism the Right, it's also the Hitler.

Since progress has gone so far, it alienated some of the more moderately progressives like libertarians and similar. Hence the reason why they are often included here. Some liberals take it as insult when compared with "muh soggy knee" luhberals and find their place here, since the mouthbreathing Machiavellians who dream of Silicon Reich tend to be more open minded than the people who vilify them. You belong to the paleoconservative or paleoliberal (classical liberal?) spectrum who progress left behind. Technically speaking, you're not a progressive anymore. Also, radishmag has interesting take on "large government is a weak government" idea, so check that out when you can.

That's a lot of words when "I'm an idiot" would have sufficed

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

echronorian posted:

If you think about it Slavery was actually better for white people

The Irish did improve under it.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

The Droid posted:

Justine Tunney is bad at speaking figuratively. "If you threw me under a passing large vehicle, such as a bus, in a sudden attempt to screw me over, I would blow it up, killing the innocent and probably oblivious driver and passengers."

Also the intent of her statement comes across as pretty juvenile.

Google employee looking up bomb making. Hmmmph.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
And his lineage ends with you. I'm sure he's looking down from heaven with pride.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Robo Reagan posted:

wow a shut in tech nerd with no understanding of the consequences of doing bad poo poo irl i'm shocked

ripped0ff posted:

it's also pretty hilarious that OWS's problems with tunney and tunney's use of OWS resources would actually be solved by incorporating OWS

it's the ultimate irony, the only way to take their assets out of the hands of an individual and manage them collectively is through the legal fiction of corporate personhood

lol owned

^

^

^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs8y3kneqrs

^

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jul 24, 2014

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
there's nothing more interesting than white people talking about their ancestry, hoo boy

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

lol

The Real Ambassador
Apr 9, 2005

I'll explain and make it plain, I represent the human race.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
personally i like justine, she freaks a bunch of boring people by having interesting opinions.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
I drew this picture of my "dear friend" Justine to whom I am "a random bearded man", yep that sure adds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KERNOD WEL
Oct 10, 2012
Dark enlightenment is literally just neo-nazi zionist conspiracy stuff but with "The Cathedral" replacing "The Jews"

• Locked thread