Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Frankie and Christine's "mean girl" behavior has been completely absent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Not to mention how transparent his dislike for Brittany is considering his reasons for not putting up Caleb are terrible. Just admit you hate her you loving low life.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Time for Donny wisdom.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Did Cody call Frankie a loving weasel? Because that's a pretty accurate description.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

OOooo... option B!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mahoning posted:

Not to mention how transparent his dislike for Brittany is considering his reasons for not putting up Caleb are terrible. Just admit you hate her you loving low life.

He totally hates her but the real reasons he wants her gone are (a) she's loyal to Derrick and Cody and would be a soldier to them long term and (b) she sees through Frankie's bullshit and doesn't talk any game to him. So he's made it his mission to trash her in every way and make up all kinds of lies about who she's working with or what's she's said.

Mahoning posted:

Did Cody call Frankie a loving weasel? Because that's a pretty accurate description.

Yeah, they glossed past it in the edit (of course) but Cody was PISSED at Frankie this week because Frankie tried to pass the blame for Amber's nomination on Cody alone, claiming to Caleb that Amber volunteered to Cody and Cody told Frankie it was ok. In reality Amber just said she understands someone might have to be a pawn and if it was against Victoria she'd feel pretty safe and Frankie embellished that to avoid blame and then blamed Cody for embellishing it. Cody caught Frankie doing damage control with Amber and was furious about it for awhile and realized Frankie had been manipulating him all week.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Cody is a huge dummy.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Cody is a huge dummy.
Yep and Caleb is going after Cody next week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Part of me is rooting for Caleb to get him. I'm a big fan of karmic justice. A big part of the reason I enjoy these shows is watching people pay for mistakes or bad behavior in a way you don't have to feel bad about like in real life.

If only I didn't want Caleb out pre-jury so drat much.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 24, 2014

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

It's basically Rule #1 in business, war, politics, whatever: When you have the opportunity to destroy a declared enemy, you must do it. Ask motherfucking Chiang Kai-shek. What kind of bullshit did they teach this guy at Temple?

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
e: forgot this wasn't the live feed thread

rafington fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 24, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

STAC Goat posted:

Part of me is rooting for Caleb to get him. I'm a big fan of karmic justice. A big part of the reason I enjoy these shows is watching people pay for mistakes or bad behavior in a way you don't have to feel bad about like in real life.

If only I didn't want Caleb out pre-jury so drat much.

100% Agree. I want Caleb to engineer Cody's eviction immediately for maximum drama.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Cody let me down this week. It sucks, because Brit should totally stay just based on respect for kicking the 2,400 goals when she knew drat well she probably wouldn't be around to compete in the next POV anyway. But against Donny, there's no way she'd get a pity stay. I don't understand why Cody didn't just put up Jocasta? He wimped out.

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

blue squares posted:

Cody let me down this week. It sucks, because Brit should totally stay just based on respect for kicking the 2,400 goals when she knew drat well she probably wouldn't be around to compete in the next POV anyway. But against Donny, there's no way she'd get a pity stay. I don't understand why Cody didn't just put up Jocasta? He wimped out.

Jocasta won Battle of the Block, she was immune. He had no "good" choices but Caleb/Donny.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jocasta and Amber were safe thanks to winning BotB. Cody's options were Donny, Caleb, Zach, Nicole, Derrick, Hayden, and Christine.

He wanted to put up Caleb because of the POV thing and him worried Caleb would come for him, and Zach and Donny encouraged him, but Derrick and Frankie convinced him Caleb might stay in the house and come after them.

They were worried if Zach went up he'd either get voted out or lose his poo poo and expose some poo poo again. Cody didn't want to put up Nicole after she took the POV when Caleb and Zach didn't. He felt he owed her for that team move. And none of Christine, Hayden, or Derrick were going to volunteer.

Hayden argued that he HAD to put up a Bomb Squader (specifically Caleb) or else he'd just be drawing a line in the sand and showing that the Bomb Squad was real but Derrick and Frankie were really insistent on Donny and that he wouldn't get angry at Cody. And ultimately Cody gave in as he always does.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They need a new line to replace "don't wanna get blood on my hands". That about me to no end. You're putting people up for nomination and taking away their chance for $500,000. There no way not to get blood on your hands

Rodent Mortician
Mar 17, 2009

SQUEAK.

Tide posted:

They need a new line to replace "don't wanna get blood on my hands". That about me to no end. You're putting people up for nomination and taking away their chance for $500,000. There no way not to get blood on your hands

Words and phrases I'd like banned from the house:

1.) blood on my hands
2.) 100%
3.) beast, or any variation thereof
4.) you're the only one I trust

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

5) "You're my only friend in this house."*

*A variation of (4)

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Jocasta and Amber were safe thanks to winning BotB. Cody's options were Donny, Caleb, Zach, Nicole, Derrick, Hayden, and Christine.

He wanted to put up Caleb because of the POV thing and him worried Caleb would come for him, and Zach and Donny encouraged him, but Derrick and Frankie convinced him Caleb might stay in the house and come after them.

They were worried if Zach went up he'd either get voted out or lose his poo poo and expose some poo poo again. Cody didn't want to put up Nicole after she took the POV when Caleb and Zach didn't. He felt he owed her for that team move. And none of Christine, Hayden, or Derrick were going to volunteer.

Hayden argued that he HAD to put up a Bomb Squader (specifically Caleb) or else he'd just be drawing a line in the sand and showing that the Bomb Squad was real but Derrick and Frankie were really insistent on Donny and that he wouldn't get angry at Cody. And ultimately Cody gave in as he always does.

Technically Frankie was an option too. The losing HOH from BotB isn't immune.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Wee Bairns posted:

5) "You're my only friend in this house."*

*A variation of (4)

6) "throw under the bus"

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
"Expect the unexpected"

I know this is Julie Chen that says it, but with how lame most of the twists are it's just a meaningless tag line now.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

7. At the end of the day

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

8. Starting any sentence with "Honestly..." **Should be higher than #8**

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Miss Indy posted:

Jocasta won Battle of the Block, she was immune. He had no "good" choices but Caleb/Donny.

I didn't think they are immune, Frankie could go up so why couldn't they. If so it explains so much about noms so far this show.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

I didn't think they are immune, Frankie could go up so why couldn't they. If so it explains so much about noms so far this show.

They are. Remember all the talk about not giving Devin two chances to save himself for the week?

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

sbaldrick posted:

The only people immune for renoms are the current HOH, and the two that win BotB. Everyone else is fair game!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

"Blood on my hands" is supposed to be about nominating someone who the rest of the house won't mind going up and out the door. A "bloodless" HOH is having a single target, a pawn who is ok being a pawn, and having that target actually leave OR nominating two people almost everyone in the house is ok with seeing go up and who were already gunning for you anyway. There was no way Cody could escape getting blood on his hands this week because Frankie took the shittie noms.

I would have refused to put up Brittany if I were him, but he got misted by Derrick I guess. He could have put up Jocasta and Victoria if he wanted throwaway noms or if he were playing hard, he could have argued that Frankie should put up Brit if that is what they want so bad and he should have put up Derrick and Hayden using the argument that they would surely win BotB and then Derrick would certainly get his preferred nomination (Brit). Also it would ensure Hayden he was safe for the week by winning. It removes the opportunity of backdooring Caleb, and opens the door for them to backdoor Cody but that would show their hands pretty early.

Scrodes
Oct 18, 2003

LOL RACISM!

Rodent Mortician posted:

Words and phrases I'd like banned from the house:

1.) blood on my hands
2.) 100%
3.) beast, or any variation thereof
4.) you're the only one I trust

My wife and I were talking about this. BB should make a list (have fans vote on a list) of words that will make the offending houseguest a have-not for a week.

Also - why can't we have a loving alliance without a name?

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Scrodes posted:

Chilltown is why.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Scrodes posted:

That one I can understand. It's a way to show where the real deals are in the game. People that don't know the alliance names can be written off easier as just floater/swing vote/targets.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Also the show probably encourages it.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Scrodes posted:

Because everything about Big Brother is cheesy as gently caress. Why would this one situation be any different?

Tellara
May 2, 2003

Quality Custom Glassware Since 1923

Miss Indy posted:

The only people immune for renoms are the current HOH, and the two that win BotB. Everyone else is fair game!

Well, and the vetoer and veto recipient, who may not be the same person. If Caleb had taken the veto, and used the veto to take Brittany off the block, then Cody would not have been able to put up Caleb.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Tellara posted:

Well, and the vetoer and veto recipient, who may not be the same person. If Caleb had taken the veto, and used the veto to take Brittany off the block, then Cody would not have been able to put up Caleb.

Which is another great reason Cody should have put up Caleb. He had the opportunity to keep himself safe and he didn't. Not only is he not a team player, he's an idiot. But Cody hosed it up by not punishing his stupidity.

Tellara
May 2, 2003

Quality Custom Glassware Since 1923

Mahoning posted:

Which is another great reason Cody should have put up Caleb. He had the opportunity to keep himself safe and he didn't. Not only is he not a team player, he's an idiot. But Cody hosed it up by not punishing his stupidity.

I agree -- if he had wanted to piss off Cody, then that was the safer option for this week, at least. But he chose to roll the dice. It was dumb to do, but he may be in a stronger position now that he got away with it.

Tellara fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 24, 2014

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I honestly have a tiny bit of faith in Britney about trying to save herself this week. Yes, everyone loves Donny, but they all want him out sometime. The guy would win at the end. Britney probably earned a ton of respect with her 2,400 kicks. I think she will be voted out, but I don't think she has zero chance.

Question for feeders: during the show, no one was retrieving the ball for her. Did anyone do that? They were just watching her walk back and forth. Was it not allowed?

However, don't comment on Brit's chances with anything we haven't been shown yet, thanks.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I didn't hear it specifically said, but I don't think anyone else was allowed to retrieve the ball for her. There are at least a couple people that would have, if they were allowed, and didn't. People were also giving her tips for retrieving the ball and lining up the shot without bending over, which also seems to suggest she was required to retrieve the ball herself.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah, at different points, people like Zach and Hayden were even behind the net (they didn't show her tearing a hole through the net or breaking the side post) and they never touched the ball. So I am guessing they were barred from helping in anyway.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

blue squares posted:

I honestly have a tiny bit of faith in Britney about trying to save herself this week. Yes, everyone loves Donny, but they all want him out sometime. The guy would win at the end. Britney probably earned a ton of respect with her 2,400 kicks. I think she will be voted out, but I don't think she has zero chance.

Question for feeders: during the show, no one was retrieving the ball for her. Did anyone do that? They were just watching her walk back and forth. Was it not allowed?

However, don't comment on Brit's chances with anything we haven't been shown yet, thanks.

She couldn't get help from anyone during the entire punishment. In fact, she was kicking too hard at the beginning and the net broke on the bottom where it connects to the base. So, all the good goals still went to the wall. Production fixed it, that's why all the weights were on the bottom holding the net down.

Other fun facts during this that will never be shown or have any bearing on anything. Donny was constantly encouraging her and was out there for a while. At times he would do jumping jacks if she hit 10 in a row. Most people stayed out there with her for a bit, with the exception of Frankie. Frankie and Christine bashed her inside for quite awhile, claiming that it was an easy punishment that they could do easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

blue squares posted:

No help at all was allowed. The one thing Donny did for her was tighten the back of the net with free weights so when Brit hit a good shot to the back of the goal it would spring back closer to Brit and then Brit wouldn't have to walk as much to retrieve the ball.

The dumbest thing was Brit bending over to pick up the ball bending down to place the ball and then kicking it. Cody and Hayden were really trying to get Brit to use her feet to collect the ball and dribble it up to the starting mat and would have no need to bend over at all. However, Brit being stubborn wouldn't listen and insisted on doing it her way. I'm surprised Brit still has a back left since she bent over at least 5,ooo times over the course of a day.

She finished with about 4 hours to spare and even slept for about 5 hours early that morning.

She was also more consistent kicking the ball backwards with the back of her heel than with her toes.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 24, 2014

• Locked thread